My Wish

By oneversusall525

Kennedy is a Make A Wish child who surprises everyone with her wish. Her wish will not only change her life b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
CHAPTER 16

Chapter 7

271 11 3
By oneversusall525

Stacey was sitting her couch watching Monday night football and browsing the internet when she heard her phone ringing.

"Hey handsome!" Stacey said smiling seeing that it was Joe calling her.

"Hey babygirl I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"Nope just watching some football and looking at birthday party stuff online." she responded looking up from her laptop at what was on the TV.

"The Panthers are looking good this year aren't they? Anyways, I have some good news. I am off the schedule this week for house shows so I will be able to come in early for Kennedy's birthday." Joe told her.

"Really? I know she will be so excited and I can't wait to spend more time with you. I told her we were dating but I don't think completely understands it yet since we don't see each other like normal couples do."

"Yes." Joe said laughing lightly at his girlfriend's excitement before continuing. "And Jordan is coming in with her mom on Saturday morning."

"Joe, you told Jessica I said she is more the welcomed at the birthday party. I don't want her just sitting in a hotel alone." Stacey questioned her boyfriend.

"I told her. She said thank you and it was sweet you invited her but she had to decline because she already has plans apparently one of her college friends now lives in Columbus, I guess it's been a few years since they have seen each other." Joe explained.

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure. So what time are you getting in? I can pick you up from the airport that you don't have to spend money on a rental car." Stacey offered her boyfriend, knowing he was already spending a lot of money by coming to see her.

"Yea that will work. My plane comes at 1:15pm." He told Stacey as he looked at his flight itinerary on his email.

"Kennedy will be so surprised to see you when she gets home from school, especially since she didn't even know you were coming at all to her party." She told him before they finished their phone call so that Joe could get on the road to the next town and Stacey could get to bed.

Thursday afternoon rolled around and Stacey was sitting at the arrivals gate waiting for Joe. His plane had landed 15 minutes ago according to his text and was making his way to baggage claim. A few moments later she saw him appear from the door. As he made his way toward the vehicle, Stacey watched as a young boy approached him. Joe stopped and removed his sunglasses before kneeling down to the little boy's level to talk and sign the paper he was holding. The sight before her made Stacey smile, Joe was so amazing with his fans, especially the kids. When he was finished Joe stood up and made his way to the car. Stacey turned toward the passenger side as the door opened.

"Sorry about that" Joe said as he climbed into Stacey's SUV turning to give his girlfriend a sweet kiss which she returned.

"Don't be sorry, I loved watching you interact with that little boy, reminds me of how awesome you were with Kennedy that first day." Stacey told him as she leaned over the center console to deepen another kiss with Joe.

"I missed you babygirl." Joe told her as they pulled away for air.

"I missed you too." She replied as she readjusted herself in the driver's seat. Stacey put the car in drive and began to head back to her apartment. During the short trip she and Joe discussed his latest matches and his life on the road. Joe was in the middle of a story about Dean driving a few of them to the show when Stacey's phone beeped alerting her to a message. She looked over at her phone and checked the message.

"Oh shit! I completely forgot!" Stacey said out loud as she began to switch lanes and head in a different direction.

"What did you forget?" Joe asked confused.

"Kennedy has a checkup today at 3. I need to go get her from school I'm so sorry." Stacey confessed.

"That's fine I don't mind tagging along." Joe told her reassuringly.

"Okay well I'm warning you now Kennedy is horrible at these appointments. The sweet kid you met in May is not what you will see today."

"It's not that bad." Joe told her thinking Stacey was overreacting.

"Last time it took my dad, a nurse, and I to hold her down just so they could give her a shot and draw blood."

"Nobody likes that stuff. I usually end up broke after Jordan's appointment from offering her money to do what the doctor asks." Joe confessed making Stacey laugh.

"I guess you're right, I passed out the first time they drew my blood." Stacey confessed.

"Seriously?" Joe asked.

"Yea, I was 18 and I had caught a virus that had been going around. I ended up getting very dehydrated because I couldn't keep any food or drink in my system. When I got to the hospital I was so dehydrated that when they went to take my blood I passed out."

"Aww babygirl, that's awful."

"Yeah it freaked my dad out, he still doesn't like to talk about it, but 2 bags of IV fluid later I was good to go." Stacey said as she pulled up to school parking lot. "I'm going to run in and get Kennedy, if you want to stay here, that way we can still surprise her."

"Works for me babygirl." Joe told Stacey.

Stacey got out of the car and headed into the school. As she entered the building she stopped at the office and told the secretary why she was there. The secretary told Kennedy's class was in the library and that Stacey could to walk down with her to get her daughter. The pair walked into the library where the students were all sitting on the floor listening to the librarian read a story.

"Excuse me Mrs. Booker, I don't mean to interrupt your story but Kennedy's mom is here to pick her up." The secretary told the older woman.

"Not a problem. Kennedy did you get your book checked out?" The librarian said to the little girl who nodded. "Great. You are all set then. See you next week." Kennedy got up and waved to the teacher as she followed the secretary and Stacey out of the room and back to locker to gather the rest of her stuff.

"So I have a surprise for you when you get to the car." Stacey told Kennedy as they were walking down the hallway to the front of the building.

"You do? Is it a puppy?" Kennedy asked with excitement.

"No it's not a puppy, it much bigger than that." Stacey said laughing as she could see Joe standing next to the car as she pushed the main entrance door open allowing her daughter to walk out first.

"MISTER JOE!" Kennedy screamed with excitement as she spotted Joe from across the parking lot.

"Hey kiddo! How are you?" Joe asked with a smile.

"Good. What are you doing here?" the little girl asked as she hugged the Samoan.

"Well I was told it was someone's birthday this weekend and I was invited to the party."

"You're coming to my party? That's awesome!" Kennedy said as she climbed in to the back seat. Once she was settled the trio made their way down to the children's hospital where Kennedy's doctor's office was located.

"Mommy, are they going to poke me today?" Kennedy asked with nervousness in her voice as they walked through the parking garage.

"I'm not sure pretty girl, maybe but I don't think you need any shots this time so it will just be once." Stacey told her daughter trying to calm her fears.

"Mommy, can't Nurse Haley come do it? She's way better than the other nurses." Kennedy asked in hopes of having her favorite nurse from her hospital stays give her the shot instead.

"Kennedy, we talked about this before Haley is busy with other sick kids right now, she has to stay with them just like she did you. But if you're good in the office today maybe we can go see her and Linda." Stacey said in an effort to bargain with her daughter to not make a scene in the office today.

"Ok Mommy."

The trio continued through the hospital and made their way into the doctor's office. Knowing Kennedy's fear of being poked Joe did everything he could to distract the little girl in the waiting room until it was her turn. When her name was called the group began to walk back through the doors to exam rooms. Once in the room the nurse begin to take Kennedy's vitals and ask Stacey questions about the little girl's health since the last appointment. Kennedy was sitting on Joe's lap when the nurse told them what Kennedy had dreaded, they would have to do some blood work today to make sure she was still healthy. Kennedy immediately burst into tears, saying she didn't to get poked. Stacey tried to calm her down but to no success and was beginning to lose patience until Joe spoke up.

"Baby why don't you go and get something to drink in the lobby I can handle this." He said as he rubbed Stacey's back and Kennedy's at the same time.

"Are you sure? She can be quite a handful." Stacey said not waiting to leave Joe alone with her daughter when she was in one of her moods.

"Yeah I got it I promise, go calm down and we will see you in a few minutes." He told his girlfriend reassuringly. Stacey got up kissed Joe goodbye before kissing Kennedy on the forehead and walking out of the room.

"Where's mommy going?" Kennedy asked Joe between sniffles.

"She's going to get herself something to drink but we will see her when you're done." Joe told her hoping his plan works. Joe turned the little towards him and began to tell Kennedy a story about the first time he got hurt playing football and how much it hurt but he had to be brave so that he could get better and continue playing.

"I want to be brave but I'm scared cause it's going to hurt a lot." Kennedy told him when he finished his story.

"You are brave Kennedy. This is nothing compared to what you've already done. Want to know a wrestling secret?" Kennedy nodded eager to hear what Joe had to say.

"We get poked a lot too to make sure we are healthy. Here's a trick I use. Put your arm out and now turn your head the other way and look at me." He explained to the little girl who did what Joe told her to do. "So what did you do at school today?" He asked trying to direct her attention away from what the nurse was doing.

"We had library today. I took out a book about football." Kennedy told Joe as she felt the rubber tie go around the top of her arm causing her to turn and look back at the nurse on her other side.

"No, no sweet pea don't look at her, look at me. Wow, Kennedy! You have pretty blue eyes just like your mommy." Joe told Kennedy when she looked back at him making the little girl smile.

"Thanks Mr. Joe, your eyes are nice too."

"Thank you. So tell me about your football book." Joe continued.

"It's about how to play football and about some of the famous players." Kennedy continued.

"That's awesome, I love football. Do you have a favorite team?" Joe asked.

"The Browns DUH! They are mommy and gramma's favorite too." Kennedy said giving a Joe a look like I can't believe you didn't know that which made Joe laugh.

"Yeah, I should have guessed. You're mommy loves them, she said I can't call her when they playing." Joe replied making Kennedy giggle.

"What's your favorite team Mr. Joe?" the girl asked him.

"The San Francisco 49ers are my favorite." Joe told her.

"Alright Kennedy you are all done, you did an amazing job today." The nurse told the little girl and Joe stopping the conversation.

"Really, I'm done?" Kennedy questioned as the nurse nodded.

"Kennedy you did great. I told you were brave!" Joe told the little girl who smile grew bigger.

Stacey was sitting at table in the main hospital cafeteria when she saw Joe and Kennedy walking into the area. Kennedy was wearing an ear to ear grin on her face while she was holding Joe's hand.

"Mommy I did it! I'm brave!" Kennedy said as she reached the table. Stacey smiled and looked at Joe.

"I'm so proud of you! I already knew that you were brave pretty girl but you didn't cry or anything." Kennedy shook her head proudly.

"Nope nothing." Joe responded for the little girl.

"So how much did it cost you?" Stacey asked remembering his story from earlier.

"Nothing, I used an old trick my mom used to do with me when I was little." Joe explained.

"Well I will definitely have to get your trick in case you are not here next time." Stacey told Joe making him laugh.

The trio then made their way upstairs to see Kennedy's nurses from here stays at the hospital that she loved so much. The nurses couldn't believe how great Kennedy looked and how well she was doing. After spending some time with the staff Joe, Stacey, and Kennedy got some dinner and then headed back to their apartment for the rest of the night.

"So Kennedy, are we having a movie night tonight since you have no school tomorrow?" Stacey asked her daughter.

"Yeah! Let's watch Maleficent! And have popcorn!" Kennedy said excitedly making her mother laugh. As Stacey left the room to start making the popcorn when Kennedy turned to Joe, "Mr. Joe have you seen Maleficent before?"

"No sweet pea I haven't." Joe responded to the little girl.

"It's awesome you will like it." Kennedy stated before leaving the room. A few minutes later she returned in her pajamas pulling a box with pillows and blankets.

"Kennedy, why did you bring the blankets and pillows for the pull-out bed out?" Stacey asked her daughter as she watched her push the box further into the room.

"Cause I think we should have slumber party in the living room like when Aunt Maggie comes over. Plus won't Mr. Joe need them when he goes to sleep anyways." Kennedy responded. Joe laughed and put his arm around his girlfriend stealing some of the popcorn out the bowl she was holding.

"I was going to let Joe stay in my room pretty girl. He needs a comfy bed since he works hard and all that spearing and superman punching makes his muscles sore." Stacey told her little girl who frowned.

"But then where will you sleep mommy?"

"Joe and I can share. My bed is big enough for two people." Stacey explained to her daughter.

"Then how come you never share with Aunt Maggie?" The little girl asked since anytime anyone stayed over they slept on the pull out couch.

"Cause Aunt Maggie isn't good at sharing. I've told you that before. Joe is much better at sharing." Stacey said quickly trying to come up with explanations for her way too smart daughter making Joe laugh.

"Tell you what why don't we just all have a sleepover out here on the pull out bed tonight. I think my muscles will be okay for one night." Joe said interrupting the girl's conversation.

"YES! I call middle!" Kennedy yelled as she started removing the pillows and cushions from the couch causing both Joe and Stacey to laugh. The pair quickly made their way to the couch to assist the little girl and pull out the bed. After they were finished setting up the bed the three of them got comfortable and started the movie. Kennedy laid snuggled up next to Joe while Stacey was on her other side. When the movie ended Stacey looked down and saw that Kennedy was fast asleep.

"You think we should move her?" She asked Joe.

"Nah let her be. If she's anything like Jordan she will be pissed to find out we moved her and didn't follow her plan like she wanted." Joe told his girlfriend making her chuckle.

"Yeah that's Kennedy too; they really are two peas in a pod." Joe nodded in agreement.

"I'm not gonna lie I was also thinking about having a sleepover but mine was in your room with just the two of us after she fell asleep. But sweet pea here stole my thunder." Joe told girlfriend with a laugh causing Stacey to reach over her daughter to smack his arm lightly and giggle.

"Joe she might hear you! I don't want to have to explain that kind of stuff to her!" Stacey scolded her boyfriend.

"She's out she can't hear us." Joe responded as he moved Kennedy slightly to prove his point. The pair continued to whisper and talk for a little while until they both fell asleep watching TV. Around 3 am Joe woke to use the restroom. As he returned to the living room the sight before him made him smile. Stacey and Kennedy were snuggled together on the bed fast asleep, Stacey laying a protective arm over Kennedy, who was facing her mom snuggled into her chest. As he climbed back in bed next to them he couldn't help but think how peaceful they looked and if Jordan were here it would be the perfect moment with all three of his girls. He fell asleep thinking about how someday that would hopefully be his reality.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 3.8K 13
Jenna is just your typical, average teenager. She really loves the WWE, and her favourite wrestler is John Cena. But when her dad decides to take her...
64.3K 2.4K 41
Riley Marie Varnado AKA Riley Banks is Sasha Banks little sister but what happens when shes hired and meets her storyline partner Roman Reigns
78.9K 2.3K 38
Angel is a 5 year old little girl who was in an adoption home since she was 2 what happens when wwe wrestler roman reigns shows up and adopts her one...
15.4K 383 31
It had been a rough few years for Reagan Miller. She battled her way back and landed a prestigious job as the head medical trainer with the most pres...