The Life and Lies of Mil Winc...

By ISAMWINCHESTER

This is the story of Millicent or Mil Winchester, the younger sister of the famed hunters; Sam and Dean. This... More

Mil Winchester
1:01 Pilot
1:02 Wendigo
1:03 Dead in the water
1:04 Phantom Traveler
authors note:
1:05 Bloody Mary
1:06 Skin
1:07 Hookman
1:08 Bugs
1:09 Home
1:10 Asylum
1:11 scarecrow
1:12 Faith
1:13 route 666
1:14 nightmare
1:15 the benders
1:16 shadow
1:17 hellhouse
1:18 something wicked
1:19 provenance
1:20 dead man's blood
1:21 salvation
1:22 devils trap
2:01 in my time of dying
2:02 everybody loves a clown
2:03 bloodlust
2:04 children shouldn't play with dead things
2:05 simon said
2:06 no exit
2:07 the usual suspects
2:08 crossroad blues
2:09 croatoan
2:10 Hunted
2:11 playthings
2:12 nightshifter
2:13 houses of the holy
2:14 born under a bad sign
2:15 Tall Tales
2:16 Road Kill
2:17 Heart
2:18 Hollywood Babylon
2:19 Folsom Prison Blues
2:20 What is and What shall never be
2:21 All Hell BREAKS LOOSE 1
2:22 All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2
3:02 The Kids Are All Right
3:03 sin city (or not really. but run with it)
a/n
bad day at black rock
3:05 bedtime stories
red sky at morning
Original: Brickwork
Fresh Blood
a very supernatural christmas
dream a little dream of me
mystery spot
jus in bello
Long Distance Call
Winchester (original)
Time is on my side
No rest for the wicked
Lazarus rising
Are you there god? It's me, Dean Winchester
metamorphosis
monster movie
Yellow Fever
It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
A/N
Wishful Thinking
Luck of the Irish - original
I know what you did last summer & Heaven and Hell
Family remains
Criss Angel is Douchebag
after school special
Sex and Violence
Death Takes a Holiday
It's a terrible life
The Monster at the end of this book
Jump the Shark
Invisible friends - ORIGINAL!
the rapture
when the levee breaks
4:22 - 5:01
5:02 Good God, Y'all
the end
I Believe The Children Are Our Future
a/n - plans from here
007 - original!
5:07 The curious case of Dean WInchester
Changing Channels
ask the author - not a chapter
The Real Ghostbusters
Green Blood - Original
Abandon all hope
Mil, Interrupted
The Song Remains the Same
Dead men dont wear plaid
Original - Stranger Danger
My Bloody Valentine
Swap Meat
Anime based Spirit of Vegas
99 problems
Blink - Original
Till Death do us Part
Point of No Return
Savage Blood - anime original
Fighting Your Demons - Original!
Hammer of the Gods
The Devil You Know
Two Minutes to Midnight
Heaven Sent, Hell Bent
SWAN SONG
Out of the Fire and Into the Frying Pan
It's My Life
Out of the Fire... And Back Into the Fire
Happy Birthday, Mil!
Pac-man Fever
The Third Man
From the Outside Looking In
A/N: IMPORTANT! SEQUEL!
A/N: NEXT CHAPTER

3:01 The Magnificent Seven

6.8K 81 4
By ISAMWINCHESTER

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

I sat in the back seat of the Impala, totally fed up and bored. In front of me, Sam had his nose just about touching a book titled ‘Dr. Faustus’. It was an apparently random choice, but I knew Sam’s real reason for doing it. I looked up to the curtains of the house we were parked inside to see Dean’s head peeking through. He grinned, and gave me a double thumbs up. I shook my head at him, however, smiling. My head snapped around as Sam’s phone rang. I considered answering it, as the owner of the cell was currently lost to the world in some book.

“Hello,” Sam beat me to it. I sat back. “Hey Bobby.” I jerked back up again, listening keenly now. “Oh, same old, same old.” Sam paused. I wished I knew what Bobby was saying. “Then where, Bobby?” Sam didn’t miss a beat as he answered Bobby’s question smoothly. “Polling the electorate. Never mind.” Sam hung up, after that, and turned in his seat to stare at me.

“You back in the saddle, Mil?” he asked me, “or is there somewhere I can drop you off.”

I shook my head firmly. It’s true, I didn’t want to hunt, but this time, I had to stick with my brothers, or we’d end up with someone else dead. “I’m in. At least until we get Dean out of his deal. But for now, I’m coming with.”

Sam smiled fondly. “That’s my girl. Okay. First assignment, grasp Dean from the fiery pits...”

I interrupted what I knew he was gonna say. “Not funny.” I jumped out of the car, hiding my reluctance, and strode into the apparently empty house. “Dean?” I called, opening what I assumed to be the bedroom door. I didn’t dare poke my head in, just in case. “Dean, you... you conscious? Bobby called, and he thinks that maybe we...” When there was no answer, I dared to enter, and had to back out in horror. “Oh, god.” I fled back to the Impala, and was panting by the time I dived back into my seat. 

“What’s up?” Sam demanded.

“Let me see your knife,” I growled through my teeth.

“What for?” Sam asked.

“So I can gouge my eyes out.”

A chuckling Dean slid in, in time to hear my statement. “It was a beautiful, natural act, Mil.”

“It was a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean,” I corrected.

Dean laughed, and reached back to slap my knee. “Hey, I appreciate you guys giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint Twins.”

“No problem,” I muttered quietly, sort of truthfully.

“Really?” was Dean’s response. “Well, I got to say, I was expected a weary sigh or an eye roll, something.”

“Not at all,” I defended myself, still smiling. “You deserve to have a little fun.”

“Well, I’m in violent agreement with you there,” Dean chuckled. He addressed Sam. “What’s Bobby got?”

“Not much,” Sam answered promptly. I could hear in his voice a relief in the change of subject. I seconded that. “Crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Could be demonic omens.”

“Or in could just be a bad crop and a bug problem,” Dean offered.

“Yeah, but it’s our only lead,” Sam said.

“Any freaky deaths?” I inquired, knowing our first stop could be the morgue. It wasn’t tough getting back into the mindset, after at least three or four weeks off (I’d lost track), just like riding a bike.

“No, nothing Bobby could find,” Sam answered. “Not yet.”

“It’s weird, man,” Dean sighed. “I mean, the night the devil’s gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?”

“Seventeen,” Sam answered promptly, flatly.

“Seventeen,” I echoed. “You’d think it’d be ‘Apocalypse Now’ but it’s been five whole days and we’ve heard nada.” Sam looked back at me, looking startled. “What are the demon’s waiting for?”

“Beats me,” Sam shrugged.

“It’s driving me crazy,” I lowered my voice so I spoke just about through my teeth. “I’m telling you. If It’s gonna be war, I wish it would just start already.”

“I don’t know, Mil,” Sam said darkly. “Be careful what you wish for.”

I grimaced at the reminder.

When we pulled up outside the farmhouse Bobby was to meet us at the next morning, we were greeted by an overwhelmingly loud chirping of cicadas.

“Hear those cicadas?” Sam asked.

It was hard not to. “That can’t be a good sign,” I said.

“No,” Sam agreed with me. “No it can’t.”

Bobby came round the corner to greet us at that moment. “So, we’re eating bacon cheeseburgers for breakfast, are we?” Bobby asked at Dean, who had his mouth locked around a cheeseburger. I swear these days, he was always connected to food, or a girl’s lips.

Dean broke away from the love of his life to answer Bobby. “Well, I sold my soul. Got a year to live, I ain’t sweating the cholesterol.” I shot Dean a look. 

“And you’re back on the wagon, I see, Mil,” Bobby noted.

The boys must have told him my plans. “Temporarily,” I corrected.

“So, Bobby, what do you think?” Sam started, getting straight to business as usual. “We got a biblical plague here, or what?” 

“Well, let’s find out,” Bobby said. “Looks like the swarm’s ground zero.”

Dean finished the last mouthful of his cheeseburger, and pounded on the farmhouse door. “Candygram!”

When there was no answer, I put it upon myself to pick the lock; and pushed the door open, gingerly. I entered first, with Dean and Sam behind me, guns drawn. I ducked my head, and covered my nose in disgust at the scent. My brothers mimicked me.

“That’s awful,” Dean groaned.

“That’s not a good sign,” Sam muttered.

As we crept through the house, I began to hear the sounds of panicked screams. I paused at the next door.

“You guys hear that?” I asked in a whisper.

Dean bustled forwards, and kicked down the next door. The screams were coming from a television set. I crept around the couch, and immediately recoiled as I took in the family of three, all in various states of decomposition.

“Oh my god,” Sam said.

Bobby burst through the door on the other side of the room, and also recoiled, looking horrified.

“Bobby, what the hell happened here?” Sam wanted to know.

“I don’t know,” Bobby admitted.

I scanned over the bodies, all of them looked rather healthy, no wounds, nothing. Just dead, and covered in maggots.

“Check for sulfur,” I suggested. 

“Yeah,” Bobby agreed, nodding at me. We all took separate areas of the room. When we heard footsteps outside, Dean signaled to us, indicating that he’d check it out. Bobby, Sam and I circled round out the other door. 

We reached the front porch, to see Dean crumpled on the ground, with a man and woman standing over him.

“Isaac? Tamara?” Bobby asked.

The couple turned. “Bobby. What the hell are you doing here?” The woman, who I guessed was Tamara, said. She had a thick British accent.

“I could ask the same,” Bobby answered.

“Heya Bobby,” the male, Isaac greeted him. Isaac carried a pump action shotgun.

Dean raised a pitiful arm from the ground. “Hello. Bleeding down here.”

I looked down to see that Dean had a tiny gash on his forehead - it was barely bleeding. I laughed at how pathetic he looked. Sam stepped over, and helped our brother up, then patted his back, coughing down a chuckle. 

“Mildred! That is a beautiful name. That’s my sister’s name actually!” I heard Dean crow. I shot him a very annoyed look. Dean continued talking on the phone.

“Honey? Where’s the Palo Santo?” Isaac hurried into the room. I sighed, it was all action in this place, and I was quickly growing tired of it.

“Well, where’d you leave it?” Tamara pointed it.

“I don’t know, dear. That’s why I’m asking,” Isaac snapped.

“Palo Santo?” I echoed. The name was unfamiliar to me.

“It’s holy wood, from Peru,” Tamara explained. “It’s toxic to demons like holy water. Keeps the bastards nailed down while you’re exorcising them.” She dug in her bag, and pulled out a large, pointed stake. Tamara handed it to Isaac with an affectionate smile.

“Thank you dear.”

“You’d loose your head if it wasn’t for me,” Tamara said, sappily.

I made a revolted face. 

“So, how long you two been married?” Sam asked conversationally.

“Eight years this past June,” Tamara answered.

“The family that slays together...”

Sam coughed, cutting Isaac off. “Right. I’m with you there.”

“So how’d you get started?” I asked. Sam shot me a look. There was an awkward silence. “Oh, you know... I’m sorry. It’s not... that’s none of my business.”

“It’s - it’s all right.”

I heard Dean mention ‘Mildred’ again. “If you look as pretty as you sound, then I’d love to have an appletini. Yeah. Call you.” Dean hung up, making a face. I shot him a ‘how dare you’ look. “That was the coroners tech.”

“And what did you talk about?” I asked, “other than changing my name to Mildred, which by the way, is the most revolting name in the world - other than Michael.”

“Get this - that whole family, cause of death? Dehydration and starvation,” Dean said, ignoring my last comment, and getting straight to business. “There’s no signs of restraint, no violence, no struggle. They just sat down and never got up.”

“But there was a fully stocked kitchen just yards away,” Bobby pointed out.

“What is this, a demon attack?” Sam asked.

“If it is, it’s not like anything I ever saw, and I’ve seen plenty,” Bobby said.

“Well, what now?” I asked. “What should we do?”

“Uh, we’re not gonna do anything,” Isaac snapped.

“What do you mean?” Sam asked.

“You guys seem nice enough, but this ain’t ‘scooby-doo’. And we don’t play well with others.” As he spoke, Isaac stared me down, searchingly. I stared unblinkingly right back at him, challenging.

“Well, I think we’d cover more ground if we all worked together,” Sam said.

“And what’s with the kid?” Isaac asked, as if Sam hadn’t spoken.

“I’m no kid,” I growled. “I’m 18. I’m a legal adult, and I’ve probably been hunting a damn lot longer than you have.”

“But you’re still a kid. And you’re short,” Isaac rallied.

My hand twitched to my gun. My eyes narrowed. “I may be a kid, but I could put a bullet through your brain faster than you could say ‘hunter’, and I’m not bluffing.”

“She’s with us,” Dean defended me. “And she’s one of the best damn hunters I know.”

I shot him a grateful look.

“We’d cover more ground together,” Sam said.

“No offense, but we’re not teaming with the damn fools who let the Devil’s Gate get opened in the first place,” Isaac snapped.

“No offense?” Dean echoed. In my opinion, when ‘no offense’ is used, it makes it seem even more offensive.”

“Isaac,” Tamara admonished. “Like you’ve never made a mistake.”

“Oh, yeah, yeah,” Isaac agreed. “Locked my keys in the car, turned my laundry pink. Never brought on the end of the world, though.”

I watched Dean’s face, which was steadily growing red. “All right, that’s enough,” I said, keeping my emotions under control.

“Guys this isn’t helping,” Sam said quietly. “Dean...”

Isaac cut him off. “Look,there are couple hundred more demons out there now. We don't know where they are, when they'll strike. There ain't enough hunters in the world to handle something like this. You brought war down on us -- on all of us.”

Tamara tugged Isaac away. “Okay, that’s quite enough testosterone for now.” Isaac was wrestled out of the room by his wife.

Sam and I approached Dean, who was chatting up, or pretending to interview, a waitress. Sam cleared his throat.

“Excuse me a minute, would you?” Dean asked of the waitress.

“Sure,” the waitress left without hesitation, seemingly pleased to be away from Dean’s grasps.

“Dean, what are you doing?” Sam demanded.

“I’m comforting the bereaved,” Dean replied quickly. “What are you doing?”

“Working,” Sam answered. “Dead body, possible demon attack - that kind of stuff.”

Dean coughed rather pathetically. “Sam, I’m sorry. It’s just, I don’t have much time left, and... got to make every second count.”

Sam melted like overheated butter. “Yeah, right. All right. Sorry.”

“Apology accepted.”

Bobby entered, wearing a suit. Sam and Dean both looked impressed. I however, was un-phased. While hunting with Bobby he and I had posed as professionals wearing suits loads of times.

“Whoa.” Dean whistled. “Looking spiffy, Bobby. What were you, a g-man?”

“Attorney for the D.A’s office,” Bobby answered, straightening the collar of his jacket. “Just spoke to the suspect.”

I dipped my head and eyed him for a further explanation. “So?” I pressed. “Is she possessed, or what?”

“Don’t think so,” was the answer I was dismayed to hear. There’s none of the tell-tale demonic possession signs. No blackouts, no loss of control. Totally lucid. She just really wanted those shoes. Course I spilled a glass of holy water on her just to be sure; nothing.” I imagined the way Bobby would do that. Moving his hand against a glass of what appeared to be water, so it tipped over onto the suspects lap, though it would all look as if it were an accident.

“Maybe she’s just some random whack job,” Dean suggested.

“That’s two incidents now, Dean,” I pointed out. The family and this lady I was sure weren’t coincidences. There was something else going on.

Bobby agreed with me. “If it had been an isolated incident, maybe, but first the family, now this? I believe in a lot of things. Coincidence ain’t one of them. Did you kids find anything interesting around here?”

I shot Dean a warning look, telling him to shut up about the waitress.

“No sulfur, nothing,” Sam responded.

“Well, maybe something,” Dean said. I held my breath, until Dean nodded at a security camera in the ceiling. I allowed myself to breathe. Good boy. “See, I’m working.”

Sam and I sat in the security room, watching the security footage of the incident. Dean and Bobby had hightailed it somewhere. 

“Anything interesting?” I asked, I was just really there to accompany Sam. I wasn’t really watching the tape. My heart wasn’t in it.

“I don’t know yet,” Sam responded slowly, frowning in concentration at the screen. “Might just be a guy...” I saw the redhead man Sam was indicating approach the blonde woman. “Or it might be our guy,” Sam finished.

 Sam was acting strange, as we walked up the street, to the police station. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, and trudged along the dark pavement. 

“What?” I demanded, as Sam disappeared from my side, yet again. He’d stopped, and turned around. A heartbeat later, however, he’d continued walking.

After finding out that the redheaded man’s mane was Walter Rosen, and that he’d been reported missing around the same time the devil’s gate opened, Sam and I walked to find Bobby’s car parked outside a bar. 

I pounded on Dean’s door of the car, causing both inhabitants to almost jump out of their skin. Grinning at the older men’s discomfort, I slipped into the backseat, Sam on the other side. 

“That’s not funny!” Dean snapped, though he wasn’t really mad.

“Yeah,” I sighed.

“Uh, all right,” Sam began. “So, John Doe’s name is Walter Rosen. He’s from Oak Park, just west of Chicago. Went missing about a week ago.”

“The night the Devil’s gate opened?” Dean assumed.

“Yeah,” Sam agreed.

“So you think he’s possessed?” Dean asked.

“It’s a good bet.”

“So what, he just walks up to someone, touches them, and they go stark raving psycho?” I asked. That’s not normal demon behavior.

“Those demons that got out at the gate - they’re gonna do all kinds of things we haven’t seen,” Bobby told me.

“You mean the demon’s we let out?”

No one answered Sam.

“Guys,” Dean said, under his breath.

I saw the redheaded man get out of his car, and walk towards the bar.

“All right. Showtime,” Dean said eagerly.

“Wait a minute,” Bobby ordered.

Dean stared. “What?”

“What did I just say? We don’t know what to expect out of this guy. We should tail him till we know for sure.”

“Oh, so he kills someone and we just sit here with our junk in our hands?” Dean asked, going all, shoot first, ask questions later.

“We’re no good dead!” Bobby shouted. “And we’re not going to make a move until we know what the score was.” I knew when to listen to Bobby, and now was one of those times.

“Hey, Bobby,” Sam muttered. “I don’t think that’s an option.” I shot him a look, evidently he was on Dean’s side.

“Why not?” Bobby demanded. Sam nodded at another car that had just parked. Isaac and Tamara got out, and started towards the bar.

“Balls,” Bobby swore.

 When Bobby, Dean, Sam and I’s combined effort, couldn’t force open the doors, Bobby drove his car straight through into the bar. The three boys and I tumbled out, spraying holy water on the demons. Sam grabbed Tamara, who was screaming over the sound of all the demon’s terror, for Isaac - who I saw lying on the floor, blood spewing from his mouth. I flung my almost empty canister of holy water at a wall with all my strength. It burst, and dispensed the last of it’s contents over the demons closest to the wall. Simultaneously, I drew a second canister, and sprayed it over the demons closest to me.

“Get in the car!” I heard Sam yell. “Come on, we got to go!” I backed up, and dived into the backseat of the car, yelling for Dean, who was still immersed in the fight. Dean had entered combat with the redheaded man, and had soon managed to wrestle him into the trunk of the car. Dean tumbled into the front seat, yelling: “Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!” At Bobby. We drove, the redheaded man’s screams accompanying us the entire way back to Isaac and Tamara’s; along with Tamara sobbing for Isaac.

With the demon tied to a chair under a devil’s trap, a fierce argument was ensuing in the next room.

Tamara was yelling, distraught about her husband’s loss. “...And I say we’re going back - now!”

Sam, was facing her off, Dean and I stood quietly in the corner. I didn’t really want to be there.

“Hold on a second,” Sam’s voice was ever patient.

His voice was just about drowned by Tamara’s rally. “I left my husband bloody on the floor!”

“Okay, I understand that, but we can’t go back,” Sam said.

“Fine,” Tamara snapped. “Then you stay. But I’m heading back to that bar.”

“I’ll go with her,” Dean’s quiet voice surprised me.

I stared at him. “It’s suicide, Dean!” Sam and I contradicted in unison. 

“So what? I’m dead already!” Dean argued. 

“How you gonna kill ‘em?” Sam asked. “Can’t shoot ‘em. You can’t stab ‘em. They’re not just gonna wait in line to get exorcised.”

“I don’t care!” Tamara yelled.

“We don’t even know how many of them there are!” Sam pointed out.

I frowned thoughtfully, looking behind myself at the door the demon was screaming behind.

Bobby entered to hear Sam’s last comment. “Yeah, we do. There’s seven. Do you four knuckleheads have any idea who we’re up against.”

The seven deadly sins, I thought.

“No,” was Dean’s answer. “Who?”

“The seven deadly sins,” Bobby proved my guess was correct. “Live and in the flesh!”

Dean paused, and his face split into a goofy grin. Oh no. I shot him a very stern look.

“What’s in the box?!” Dean burst out, ignoring the look I was giving him. There was an awkward silence, I turned away from Dean. “Brad Pitt? Se7en? No?” There was a thud as the book Bobby was holding hit Dean’s chest, probably hard. “What’s this?”

“Binsfeld’s classification of demons,” Bobby answered. “In 1589, Binsfeld ID’d the seven sins - not just as human vices, but as actual devils.”

“The family - they were touched by sloth,” Sam realized. “And the shopper...”

“That was Envy’s doing,” I said.

“He’s the customer we got in the next room,” Bobby added. “I couldn’t suss it out at first, until Isaac. He was touched by an awful Gluttony.”

“I don’t give a rat’s ass if they’re the Three Stooges or the Four Tops! I’m gonna slaughter every last one of them!” Tamara vowed.

“We already did it your way,” Bobby contradicted. “You burst in there half-cocked and look what happened! These demons haven’t been topside in half a millennium! We’re talking medieval, dark ages! We’ve never faced anything close to this! So we are gonna take a breath...” Bobby did, and his voice rose to a shout, which sent me cowering. “And figure out what our next move is!” Then Bobby lowered his voice, so it was quiet. “I am sorry for your loss.”

Envy chuckled as we entered the room. “So you know who I am, huh?”

“We do,” Bobby confirmed, not lying. “And we’re not impressed.

“Why are you here?” Sam demanded. “What do you want?”

When Envy didn’t answer, Dean stepped forward to defend Sam, eager to get the answer of the question his younger brother asked. “He asked you a question. What do you want?”

Envy cackled in answer. Dean obliged to open a flask of holy water, and spray Envy’s face with the toxic water. 

“Ya! Oh!” Envy screamed, and finally caved. “We already have what we want.”

“What’s that?” I growled. 

“We’re out,” Envy answered. “We’re free. Thanks to you guys, my kind are everywhere. I am legion, for we are many. So me, I’m just celebrating. Having a little fun.”

“Fun?” I echoed. Man this guy has a very twisted sense of fun.

“Yeah, fun,” Envy confirmed. “See, some people crochet. Other’s golf. Me? I like to see people’s insides... on their outside.”

I had to admit it sounded kinda sinister.

“I’m gonna put you down like a dog,” Tamara vowed.

“Please,” Envy laughed. “You really think you’re better than me. Which one of you can cast the first stone, huh? What about you, Dean? You’re practically a walking billboard of gluttony and lust. And Tamara. All that wrath. Ooh. Tsk, tsk, tsk. It’s the reason you and Isaac became hunters in the first place, isn’t it? It’s so much easier to drink in the rage than to face what really happened all those years ago.”

I shot a fleeting glance at Tamara. Her face was twisted in anger as her hand reared back to smack Envy across his smug face. Dean and Bobby pulled her back.

“Ah! Whew!” Envy cackled. “My point exactly. And you call us sins. We’re not sins, man. We are natural human instinct. And you can repress and deny us all you want, but the truth is, you are just animals. Horny... greedy... Hungry... violent animals. And you know what? You’ll be slaughtered like animals, too. The others - they’re coming for me.”

“Maybe,” Dean allowed. “But they’re not gonna find you... ‘cause you’ll be in hell. Someone send this clown packing.”

Out the corner of my eye, I noticed Sam’s hand twitch at the mention of his childhood fear. 

“My pleasure,” Tamara said. She pulled a small, leather bound book from her pocket, and began reading. “Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica...”

As Tamara continued, Sam, Dean, Bobby and I backed out of the room.

“I don’t think we’re gonna have to worry about hunting them,” Bobby spoke up.

“What does that mean?” Sam asked.

“I think maybe this joker’s right,” Bobby said. “They’re gonna be hunting us. And they’re not gonna quit easy.”

“You guys, why don’t you take Tamara and head for the hills?” Dean suggested, throwing himself into the demon’s track again, offering himself up like a pig for slaughter. “I’ll stay back, slow them down, buy you a little time.”

No. We’re gonna be in it together, and that’s what I told Dean, staring at him hard. “You’re insane, Dean. Just forget about it, okay. We’re in this together.”

“Mil’s right,” Bobby said quietly.

I flashed him a grateful look. 

“There’s six of them guys,” Dean pointed out. “We’re outmanned, we’re outgunned. We’ll be dead by dawn.”

“Maybe,” was Bobby’s affirmation. “But there’s no place to run that they won’t find us.”

“Then let’s not make it easy for them,” Dean decided.

In the other room, Envy gave a final scream, shaking the wooden house like a leaf. A candle beside me died. Tamara entered.

“Demon’s out of the guy,” she announced.

“And the guy?” Sam pressed.

“He didn’t make it,” was the cold response.

 I watched Dean, who sat across from me, cross-legged. He loaded a shotgun in his lap. Dean met my eye, and I immediately looked away to Sam. My older brother was filling silver flasks with holy water. I held his gaze for a moment, before dropping my concentration back to my job. Soaking knives in holy water. Not enough to kill, but enough to maim. An old radio burst to life, playing an old, scratchy tune. Flicker, flicker. The lights went out. Dean cocked his shotgun, and rocked to his feet. “Here we go.”

“Tamara!” Came a repeating scream. It echoed around the house. “Tamara! I got away, but I’m hurt bad! I need help!”

My brothers and I ran to rejoin Bobby and Tamara in the front room.

“It’s not him,” Bobby assured Tamara. “It’s one of those demons. It’s possessing his corpse.”

Pounding. 

“Baby! Why won’t you let me in?” the demon possessing Isaac screamed. “You left me behind back there. How could you do that? We swore... At that lake in Michigan. Remember? We swore we would never leave each other!”

“How did he know that?” Tamara sobbed.

“Steady, Tamara,” Bobby said.

“You just gonna leave me out here?” the demon continued. “You just gonna let me die?! I guess that's what you do,dear! Like that night those things came to our house... came for our daughter! You just let her die,too.”

“You son of a bitch!” Tamara screamed. 

“Tamara, no!”

But it was too late for Bobby’s warning. Tamara pushed the door open, and ran out. Her foot scuffed the salt line. We’re doomed. Six demons swarmed like bees through the door. One, a severely overweight guy, cornered me. I backed up slowly, beckoning the demon. It smiled, stalking me with a confident air. It stopped, suddenly. It was my turn to smile. The demon, Sloth, had himself caught in a devil’s trap on the ceiling.

I indicated upwards. “Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, buddy,” I announced. “Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.” I recited the exorcism I’d memorized somehow. Just because I have a lot of free time. “Ergo, draco  maledicte. Ecclesiam tuam sercuri tibi facias libertate servire, te roogamus, audi nos.”

Sloth screamed, and black smoke poured from his mouth. The guy slumped to the floor. A minute later, his eyes opened, and he blinked several times.

The guy looked around, scared, and surprised, and looking at me in confusion. “What the hell happened?”

“Get out of here,” I advised. “Quickly.” I ran off, without checking to make sure the guy managed to stumble out. I ran up the stairs to find Dean locked lips with another demon, this one female. 

“Dean!” I yelled out. It didn’t work as I’d planned however. My shout distracted my brother, who twisted around. Lust managed to get the upper hand on my Dean, who dropped like a marionette to the ground. I watched, guilty and horrified. I drew my knife soaked in holy water, and thrust it quickly into Lust’s chest. She screamed, and writhed as the toxins entered her body. It wasn’t enough to kill her though. While lust was weakened, I overpowered her, and managed to dispense her into the bathtub. She screamed. The water had been blessed, so it was now holy water. Lust screamed in agony, the skin on her face boiling. I spun away from the dead demon, to find my brother. He was slumped against the edge of the bathtub, a deep gash spewed blood, which was dripping into a puddle on the tiles. 

“Dean!” I said, shaking him. “Dean?”

No response. Realization hit me. I sunk to the ground beside Dean, my breath choked by tears. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 821 24
Mary Winchester is 10 year old little sister to Sam and Dean Winchester and the youngest hunter of the time. When her dad goes missing Dean and Mary...
57.2K 1.6K 61
With the opening of the Gate to Hell, Maddison and the boys find themselves thrust into the middle of a war with darkness. The three hunters have to...
2.5K 198 44
Together Dean and Evangeline fall out of heaven He gets dragged back into the cruel life of a hunter while she discovers the life of an almost human...
15.5K 521 33
Have you ever wondered what it was like to save people's lives? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to find out you have two secret siblings...