Roommates

By ChunkyFunkyMonkey

Rosalie Harness is a typical seventeen year old teenager, she goes to school, dates, parties and all other ty... More

Roommates
Roommates (1)
Roommates (2)
Roommates (3)
Roommates (4)
Roommates (5)
Roommates (6)
Roommates (8)
Roommates (9)
Roommates (10)
Roommates (11)
Roommates (12)
Roommates (13)
Roommates (14)
Roommates (15)
Roommates (16)
Roommates (17)
Roommates (18)
Roommates (19)
Roommates (20)
Roommates (21)
Roommates (22)
Roommates (23)
Roommates (24)
Roommates (25)
Roommates (26)
Roommates (27)
Roommates (28)
Roommates (29)
Roommates (30)
Roommates (31)
Roommates (32)

Roommates (7)

381K 6.1K 1.6K
By ChunkyFunkyMonkey

A/N - So happy that my story is getting popular, thank you to everyone who has voted; fanned and commented! Going to a party now, so enjoy. Sorry if it's short.

 No proofreading done...

Chapter Six

I felt someone patting me lightly on the shoulder, “Rose…we’re almost here, thought you wanted to see the view.”

Slowly, I opened my eyes and rubbed them, looking around I caught sight of Vincent who was sleeping peacefully in the chair beside me. I turned my head and found the person who woke me up, Lizzie. She was staring at Vincent with a confused expression.

“Is something wrong?” I croaked; my voice hoarse.

Just as Lizzie was about to reply, Vincent shuffled in his chair and yawned, causing him to wake up. She mouthed something that looked like “tell you later.”

“We there yet?” asked Vincent, peeking out of the window.

"No, but I thought you would like the view,” answered Lizzie staring at Vincent suspiciously, Vincent stared at Lizzie and then at me, which caused him to blush stupidly. What the hell was going on? I raised my brow at Lizzie to explain; instead she shrugged her shoulders and trotted off to Calvin and Zack.

I cleared my throat, “how come you’re not with Zack?” I asked.

He thought for a while before responding, “Too noisy, and I was tired; thought I would take a nap.”

“Oh, I see. Well, let’s take a look at the view outside,” I stood up and leaned on top of Vincent to stare through the window.

“Wow, it’s beautiful,” I gasped, staring at the surroundings, although it was mostly surrounded by buildings, the colour of the sand from the beach was beautiful, and the waves; outstanding.

I turned my head round and looked over at Vincent, who, for your information was not looking at the view but rather my butt and legs.

“Boys,” I muttered, rolling my eyes. I sat back properly on my seat. “You know you’re kind of rude,” I stated. 

Vincent looked up and stared into my eyes, confused from the look of it.

"Well, not just you, I mean all the boys. Always checking girls out when we’re not looking. I suppose we do the same, but at least most girls aren't perverts like you.”

“Hey! I’m not a pervert!” defended Vincent.

“Then what’s up with you checking me out?” I asked, raising my brow.

He blushed, “I wasn’t,” he muttered looking out of the window. I laughed quietly; sure he wasn’t.

I stood up and went to the toilet, fixing myself. Oh crap, my clothes were stained with coke.

*~*

The first place we drove to was, Sydney since we’ll be staying in Sydney with Zack’s aunt since she has a “big” surprise for him.

Since we went by taxi, Zack and Vincent, who to my surprise; explained exactly where we were going.

Once the taxi drive dropped us off, Vincent looked me up and down and frowned. “Come on, we need to buy you new clothes,” and with that he grabbed my hand and pulled me along the streets.

“What about the others?” I asked, panting.

“I’ll call Zack and tell him to meet us at the opera house,” he replied.

“But…wait, have you been here before?”

He ruffled his hair, making it stick out in all different directions, “suppose you could say that, I sometime go with Zack, every few years. 

I nodded in comprehension.

After pacing around Vincent dragged me into an expensive store, I stopped abruptly which caused Vincent to turn around.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

I shook my head, “I can’t afford these clothes,” I mumbled, embarrassed.

He smiled slightly, “Don’t worry, it’s on me.”

He pulled me into the store, and my mouthed drop. The store was filled with the most graceful clothes you could have possibly imagined. There were; dresses, skirts, shoes, bags, you name it.

Several moments passed and I was still gawking. Vincent pulled my hand, and I looked down at our entwined hands; it felt…nice.

Just then my cell phone rang, sighing, I let go off Vincent’s hand and looked at the caller ID, Lizzie.

“Hello?” I greeted.

“Rose. Where the heck are you? Don’t tell me we’ve already lost you, it’s only your first time here, your first holiday. Oh my, it’s my entire fault, I’m-“

I cut her off, “Lizzie, I’m fine. I’m with Vincent,” I replied, taking a quick glance at him, he was busy browsing dresses. I held back a smile.

“Vincent? Oh, talking about him. I think he-“someone called for her in the background. “Sorry Rose, Calvin’s calling, tell you later.” She hung up.

Hmm… I wonder what she wanted to tell me.

Just then Vincent came with several dresses and threw them to me.

“What’s this?” I asked, struggling to hold them.

“Try them,” he answered.

“Where-“he cut me off, pointing towards the changing rooms. I nodded and headed to the direction he pointed to.

There were four dresses; a short, yellow satin dress with black halter straps; a white and blue dress, which almost looked like a tank top with a pale blue ruffled skirt; a plain short white dress which contained a v neck line and batwings sleeves and finally, a vibrant, flowered dress with spaghetti straps. I had to admit the boy was either gay or had taste in fashion. I'm guessing the latter option.

I tried the first one on and scowled at my reflection; the yellow did not suit me. Hesitating, I opened the curtain and caught sight of Vincent who was sitting sprawled in the waiting chair. I gave a little turn.

“Next one,” he commented.

I turned back and put the next one, then the one after that, until I finally wore the last one.

“It’s perfect,” said Vincent, a spark in his eyes.

“You like?” I asked, giving a little twirl, the dress matched my shoes.

“Yeah, we’ll take it,” answered Vincent standing up and grabbing his wallet from the back of his pants. I only realised that he had changed his shirt. Wonder how that happened?

“You sure you can afford it?” I asked hesitantly.

I glanced at his wallet it was filled with notes. Since when was he so rich?

*~*

We headed to the opera house and found Lizzie, Zack and Calvin waiting for us. As soon as Lizzie spotted me she ran towards me.

“Finally, do you know how boring this is without you?” asked Lizzie, hugging me.

“Boring?” I asked, “How can Australia be boring?” she rolled her eyes and looked at Vincent.

“Well, not for you I suppose since you had company.”

“Right guys, my aunt called, we’ve got to head over to the house. Follow along,” said Zack, walking off with Calvin and Vincent.

Just as I was about to follow them; Lizzie grabbed my hand.

“What is it?” I asked, frowning.

“Rose, I think Vincent is in love with you.”

~Edited By Silver (silverfires)~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 1.7K 20
Rosalie Elizabeth Reeves, a girl with her last year of high school left. Her main goal is to move out as soon as possible so that she can study for h...
89.6K 2.2K 48
Cara Stewart is just an ordinary looking teenager. But like any normal teenager, Cara has a secret. A secret that only 3 people know of. A secret t...
266 48 14
Eliana Sherom who is a 19 years old and is struggling with a trauma that her boyfriend gave but when she finds out she has the the most popular guy...
402K 18.6K 22
"I'd always liked my life. It was quiet, under control, and routine. Then he came along and showed me how much more there was, how much more I was." ...