The Cocky Mr.Xavier

By BuffaloSmiles

Twenty-one year old Alexandria Pain lives paycheck to paycheck trying to provide for herself and her adopted... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter 3
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 16

16.9K 668 61
By BuffaloSmiles

Xavier's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I looked down at her Glaring at me. I ignored her, I was still slightly fuming, angry that she put herself in danger like that. In the lowest and calmest voice I could I all but whispered to her

"Never do something that stupid and reckless again!"

She stepped back, jaw slacking a little. Finally she managed to blurt out a few words.

"What else was I supposed to do?"

I didn't know, all I knew was that what she did was potentially dangerous and could have cost her her life. The thought of her life ending right then and there made my stomach drop and I felt as if I were about to vomit. 

"You should have just waited for the authorities to have done something. What if he had shot you when you pulled his mask off? What if still took you with him, think how furious he would have been, he could have killed you."

She narrowed her eyes even more, crossing her arms. 

"The cops couldn't have done anything without possibly hitting us, they wouldn't have done that. If I hadn't ripped that guys mask off, I'd probably be in a van going God knows where."

She turned around and started walking away. I grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving. At this point some of the reporters that were there for the robbery started eyeing us, I didn't care. 

"That was reckless and you know it."

She turned around trying to pry my hand from her arm.

"What I do is no concern of you, Mr. Xavier, I am free to do whatever I chose to do. If I chose to put my life at risk than so be it. Stop telling me what i can and Can not do." She practically spat.

At this point the cameras were on us and the crowd was starting to gather toward the two of us. I didn't even register the fact that she had called me "Mr." again.

"Alexandria, I'm looking out for your safety."

"NO, you're trying to control what I do and don't do. I can take care of myself."

"What about Delilah? What would she have done if something had happened to you?"

"If something had happened to me? I got myself away from them? What would she have done if I had done nothing and been taken with them?"

"......" I didn't know what to say, she was furious. Too bad I was equally as furious and just as stubborn.

She suddenly yanked her arm causing me to stumble forward a bit and loosen my grip. She took the opportunity to free herself.

"I'm going home." She started walking away and I followed, the crowd parted around us.

"Let me give you a ride."

"No I believe I can walk just fine, or will that be putting myself in danger as well?"

She dipped into the crowd and I lost sight of her in the sea of people. Suddenly like a storm the questions came flying left and right. Camera's were going off and news reporters were shoving microphones into my face.

"Who was that?"

"William, Was that the girl we've seen you with previously?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Xavier, Are you two engaged?"

"Is she pregnant?"

"Mr.Xavier, Is your relationship with her now over?"

"What is her name?"

Questions came flying left and right and I had to manage to shove my way through the crowd towards my office building. Once in front the security guards helped me get inside. Once inside I stomped towards the elevator heading towards my office. I tried calling her cell phone but she sent me to  voice mail. I called her five times in the elevator alone and she still ignored me. I slammed my phone on my desk. 

"Dammit! I threw the papers off my desk and  kicked over the chairs.

Finally calming down huffed running my fingers through my hair.

"How is she doing this to me? Never in my life have I felt like this about someone else and she has to be so stubborn, independent, and argumentative all the time?"

Slowly I was starting to calm down. I called her back every fifteen or so minutes but she still wouldn't answer. I was worried, something could have happened to her. 

It was nine and she still wasn't answering, I was worried out of my mind and didn't know what to do. I could go over there but I don't know if she'd even answer the door. 

Suddenly I remembered. I had Rose's number from the hospital.

I rummaged through some of the sheets on my desk until finally I came across the little slip of paper Rose had given me that day at the hospital when she got Delilah.

Without any hesitation I called her, praying she'd pick up.

*Ring* *Ring*

"Come on!" I mumbled

*Ring* *Ring*

"Hello" Finally!

"Rose?"

"Yes, Who is this?"

"It's William Xavier."

I could hear an awkward pause.

"Why are you calling me William?"

"I know Rose is angry with me."

"She is."

"She won't answer any of my calls. I've been calling her all evening."

"Then why are you calling me young man?"

"I just want to make sure she got home safe. Have you seen her since the incident at the Diner?"

"Yes, I have."

"Is she okay? Did she have time to pick Delilah up? Are they both safe?"

"William she is fine, angry but she is fine. Delilah and her are safe in their apartment, I just got back from visiting them."

"Thank God." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"William, I don't know what all happened, Alex gave me a very brief explanation. I understand why you said what you did, but remember. Alex has had to be independent her whole life, trying to control her is not anyway to get her to listen to you. She's independent to a fault, if you want to help her for now, just keep an eye out for her until she's calmed down."

I stayed quiet for a few moments.

"Thank you.....Rose?"

"Yes?"

"Do you mind If I call you the check up on her? Until she'll actually speak with me again?"

"Sure, William."

"Rose?"

"Yes?"

"I don't regret what I told her. I think what she did was reckless and stupid."

"I understand that, but you have to realize you can't control what she does. Trying to do so will just blow up in your face. Good night William."

"Good night Rose."

3 weeks later and Alexandria still wouldn't answer my phone calls. I only called twice a day now. I still called Rose every afternoon and night. 

During the time Alexandria and I would have walked to go pick up Delilah. I would drive to her school and make sure she was able to pick Delilah up safely. I would then call Rose about an hour later to make sure she got home safely. I felt like I was slowly dying. I wasn't eating well, I didn't sleep. My thoughts kept going back to Alexandria and Delilah. I missed the both of them. Hell I even miss seeing Rose. I still don't agree with what Alexandria did but I just wish she'd talk with me. I had ordered a carseat for Delilah already before the Diner incident it was already installed in my car, so whenever I drove I felt more and more sorrow. 

The day after the incident at the Diner, it was all over the news papers. What happened and everything. The news paper didn't have Alexandria's name but they were able to identify the man that Alexandria pulled the mask off of. Phillip Lyon, He was wanted for suspected robberies and heists before. However there'd never been enough evidence to actually put him away. Having his face shown during the robbery will be all the evidence the court needs to put him away. 

Two days after the incident I was hoping I could meet her on her way to Delilah's school and talk with her, I was planning until I saw the headline.

William Xavier and secret lover, fight after Diner Robbery. 

They still didn't have Alexandria's name, but I'm sure the headline made her blood boil. I was too afraid to confront her after that. 

A week ago the papers managed to find out who Alexandria was.

William Xavier's lover revealed. Alexandria Pain, single mother. and waitress was the secret lover of New York's finest Bachelor. 

When I saw the papers I panicked. How would she react? Would she hate me even more?

I called her five times that day and he still wouldn't answer. Rose answered that night, telling me she was upset but wasn't blaming me for the cause of the incident, still Rose said she didn't want to see me. My heart sank when I heard those words.

Tonight I sat alone in my apartment listening to the sounds of the city. It was close to midnight and I had spoken with Rose a few hours earlier, she said Delilah was staying with her for the night. Alexandria had left to take care of some things. Rose wouldn't go into detail.

I finally managed the drift off into a restless sleep when my phone went off. My heart was beating into my chest hoping it would be Alexandria. When I saw the number my heart jumped out of my chest. 

No It wasn't Alexandria, but it was Rose. She has never called me, not once.

"Hello?"

"William, Come quickly!" I could hear her voice frantic.

"What's wrong?" I was already out of my bed and putting on sweatpants and shoes.

"Alexandria called me and let me know she was just getting into her apartment about five minutes ago. I headed down to check on her a few minutes ago and I heard Alexandria yelling, I think there's someone in her apartment. I called the cops but the cops in this city are slower than  water boiling."

I was already out of my apartment and almost in my car.

"Hold on I'll be there in a second" I was pulling out of the garage now, I put my emergency lights on and was going as fast as the car could go with this traffic.

"Someone else is yelling, I think something just broke. William I'm going in."

"No if you go in you could make the situation worse. I'm almost there."

I was only a block away and I could see the building.

Pulling up I raced out of my car to her apartment where Rose was waiting outside. I was about to speak to her when I heard crashing inside the room.

I swung the door opened and was met with chaos. The furniture was turned over, plates were broken on the floor. I heard someone yelling from her and Delilah's room. I ran towards the voices.

"You bitch, do you know what you've done now? You've ruined my life, I'm going to be put away for the rest of my life now because you wanted to play hero, now you're gonna pay. You think this little scratch you gave me is bad, you're gonna see bad when I'm done with you"

I ran into the room to find Alexandria on one side of the room holding a knife, and Phillip Lyon on the other side bleeding from his shoulder holding another knife. They both looked momentarily shocked until Phillip lunged at me, knife in hand ready to stab me. I grabbed his shoulders shoving him as far away as possible looking or anything I could use as a weapon. I grabbed the nearest object which was a small box, when he came for me again, he swipped the knife towards my torso. I felt the blade graze some skin but nothing much more than a little stinging came from it. The moment the knife was slightly away from me I took the opportunity to slam the box into his head, knocking him to the floor. I stalked towards him and lashed out clumsily but still managed to graze my calf. I was caught off guard enough for him to spring from the floor, slamming me against the wall he dropped his knife in doing so and then went running out of the apartment. 

I looked over to find Alexandria still against the wall holding the knife and staring at me in shock.

"William?" She asked in shock

"What are you doing her?" She still seemed shaken up but she was holding up much better than I would have expected. Did she just call me William?

Suddenly my mood turned sour What was she doing out by herself at almost one in the morning? Was she out on a date? with friends? Either way I was angry she'd once again done something I found to be reckless. The cops weren't even here yet, what would have happened if Rose hadn't called me in time?

I stormed through her room grabbing into her tiny closet, if you could even call this a closet, and  then grabbed a suitcase from the back of the closet and started throwing her a Delilahs belongings into it. I'll buy them clothes later I'm just grabbing stuff I feel would be sentimental.

"William? William what are you doing?!" Alexandria was right behind me now, grabbing my arm trying to force me to face her. I just ignored her, afraid what I would say if I actually spoke.

"MR.XAVIER! what the hell do you think you're doing!?"

I dropped the box and spun around grabbing both of her shoulders and backing her up against the wall.

"What the hell am I doing?! I'm saving your life after once again you put yourself in danger! I'm packing your stuff, you and Delilah will not be staying in this apartment alone again, obviously it is not safe!" I let go of her and threw a picture from the wall into the box.

"Thank you for helping me but You can't tell me what I will be doing! You can't just do this." She took a step towards me shoving me away from the box I was still packing. One of the photo albums I was holding slipped from my hand and the pictures flew everywhere.

I calmly looked up at the doorframe where Rose had made her way to.

"Go get Delilah and this box. Meet me at my car, it's parked up front." Rose just nodded and left after I handed her the box.

"Alexandria, I'm not giving you a say. We are leaving here and you will not be coming back."

"Bullshit, Neither I or Delilah will be going with you."

I went to grab her arm but she shoved me away. I was starting to see red again.

"Damnit Alexandria."

I walked towards her until she was back up against the wall and then grabbed her, picking her up. She was scratching and fighting to get down but I wasn't releasing my grip.

"Alexandria, we are leaving now. You can hate me if you want but neither you or Delilah will be in danger while I am here." 

I walked out of the apartment still holding a struggling Alexandria, her neighbors were watching from their doors but I didn't care.

When I got down to my car Rose already had Delilah In a carseat in the car and the box next to her. Rose opened the front door and I put Alexandria in, holding her down and buckling her in.

"Damnit William stop treating me like a child!"

"I'm not treating you like a child! Alexandria, I love you. I love you and Delilah, I will not let anyone hurt you again. If that means you have to hate me so be it, but at least now I'll be able to sleep again!"

Alexandria seemed shell shocked, I switched the childslock on the door and slammed it shut then took my keys out locking her in, preventing her from opening it. I thanked Rose with a nod and headed towards the other side to get in.

"When the police get here, if they need anything have them call me. Good night Rose."

Rose just nodded her head and I drove away.

Alexandria's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the hell just happened? 

_______________________________________________________

Thanks for reading guys I appreciate it. I know it's been a while since I uploaded but this has been the first chunk of time I've had free in weeks. As always any comments, questions, concerns, or messages are welcome. Enjoy your weekend guys, have a great day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 12.4K 27
Jennifer Harper, 22 years old, never liked to party but decided to go after finding her boyfriend of three years and her step sister in bed. What she...
78.8K 2.3K 34
"be mine" he spoke softly, I want to give in but I cant risk the hurt. I just mended my heart and screwed every piece back together. I can't afford a...
199K 5.5K 27
When 18 year old Arabella was kicked out her home by her now ex-boyfriend, she has to find somewhere to sleep and fast! Being a student who is engros...
319K 21.9K 105
21 years old, Aurora Stratton is daughter of German Billionaire Gabriel Stratton and Abigail Stratton. She is literally a princess. But her mother ne...