Falling Through The Surface *...

بواسطة shaunwey

Layla Clancy is the adopted daughter of Hunter Clancy and Bella Clancy. She's abnormally happy and loves life... المزيد

Falling Through The Surface
Karsen- Too Quiet
Layla- Worthless
Karsen- Time Goes By
Layla- Turtle Shell
Layla- Heartbroken
Karsen- Possesive
Layla- Regret or Revenge?
Tony- Determination
Layla- Shattered
Layla- Forced
Karsen- Realization
Bradley- Uncle
Layla- Betrayal
Danny- Mistake
Layla- Surprises
Layla- Awe
Macy- The End
Bradley- Showing some
Layla- Lost
Karsen/ Tony- Over
Bradley- Handled
Bella- Shock
Layla- Crystal
Layla- Accepting
Layla- Bitter Elation

Layla- Breifly

87 2 0
بواسطة shaunwey

Layla

Picture of Tony to the side... Kellan Lutz

My breathing was coming fast as I stared at the large gray building before me. The Indianapolis jail. Why was I here?

Well, I knew the reason why. To visit Tony. I didn't understand why I was visiting him. I just felt compelled to see if he had the littelest amount of guilt, regret.

I stepped in, the cool air hitting me and making me shiver. I walked down a long corrider, it was quite welcoming despite the silence. There was a lounge and I went to one of the people at the font. She glanced up and surprise flickered in her eyes. Probably wasn't used to seeing someone my age here.

"I'm here to see Tony Macklive." I spoke quietly, but she heard. She looked into the files and gave me a soft look.

"Ok, honey. Go right in, he'll be there in a second. She pushed a button and the door to the right made a loud buzzing noise, I heard locks clicking.

I wrenched open the heavy door, my arm straining. It was even colder in there, I tugged my jacket sleeves down and zipped it up.

"Here for visiting?" I guard to my left asked, looking me over. I nodded shyly and he led me down the hallway and typed in a passcode to another large solid door with a sign over that said. 'Prison Wards'.

He went down a couple more corridors and opened a final door to a large spacious room with mutiple tables.

It seemed like the cafeteria, prisoners were eating and all looked up with interest as I walked in. There were a couple mutters, I ignored them. My sites were set on him.

Tony, my heart fluttered. He had always stood with an heir of confidence, but now he sat with his shoulders slumped. Head down, he looked entirely and completely defeated. The guard nudged me, I partially focused on him.

"You have 30 minutes. If the person you're looking for isn't here, then they're in solitary confinement."

I didn't even look at him," Oh, he's here." I murmured and started forward, the door clanging shut behind me as the guard closed it.

He didn't notice me. I hesitated, before determination rushed through me. He was my boyfriend for years. I could at least visit him. I refused to toss him to the side like a doll that I had grown too old for.

"Tony." I said, and his head jerked up. His brown eyes pierced me.

"L-Layla?" He stuttered, shock crossing his face.

I sat across from him," Hi Tony." I whispered, a little meak from his intense gaze locked on my face.

After a moment he hardened his features and tilted his head back down. He looked thin and the food in front of him lay untouched.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked.

He remained silent.

"I came to visit you."

Nothing.

"Things are bad, Tony. They're real bad."

None.

"I-I get bullied alot. The other day Danny posted a video of me on YouTube and called me a slut."

His eyebrows drew together, but he still didn't speak.

I stared at the table as well, growing quiet. It was awkward, but it felt heavy as if we had so much to say, but we weren't saying anything.

"Thirty minutes is up, Miss."The guard said.

I nodded glancing one more time at Tony. I felt a minute bit of courage.

"I missed you, Tony." I told him. His eyes flew up to mine, looking startled. He didn't say anything, but his eyes held an emotion I couldn't read.

I walked out, not looking back.

2 weeks later-

"What are you thinking about?" Karsen asked, touching my cheek.

I was thinking about Tony. I had been more and more often visiting him. He remained unresponsive, but I refused to give up.

I knew I needed to tell Karsen. He deserved to know.

"Do you think people deserve a second chance?" I started slowly.

He looked worried," Yes."

We had been growing closer over time. We were connected by the hip, and I didn't want that to change. I knew I needed to tell him, but I was scared.

I looked way ashamed," I-I've been visitng Tony."

He froze, the circles he had been rubbing on my palm stopped.

"Please tell me I heard you wrong." His voice contained fury. I turned to look into his brown eyes. He was angry.

"A couple weeks ago I visited Tony and now I go almost every other day." I informed softly.

He ripped way from me and held his head. He ran his fingers through his hair. It was a little longer now.

"You've been visiting him?" He articulated slowly. facing me again," After all he did to you, you visit him?"

"Yes."

"What is wrong with you!? Did you forget what he did to you?" He stalked forward and grabbed my chin harshly, making me look into his eyes.

"Did you forget that he beat you?" Karsen demanded.

"You're scaring me, Karsen." I whispered.

Wrong thing to say," You're scared of ME?!! After all I've done for you! I'VE BEEN THE PERFECT BOYFRIED AND NOW YOU COWER IN FRONT OF ME?"

"MAYBE I WOULDN'T BE SCARED IF YOU JUST ACCEPTED THAT I'M VISITING TONY!" I shouted right back.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO VISIT HIM EVER AGAIN!" He let go of my chin and was shaking in outrage.

"I'm going to keep visitng him, and there's nothing you can do about it!" I snarled.

I didn't even see it, just saw him raise his hand. I didn't even flinch, never thinking he would do it.

But he did. Karsen leveled his palm and smacked me across the face so hard I sprawled against the floor.

As he watched me, his eyes turned from mad at me to horrified at himself. I felt my cheek raising and turning red.

"LayLay- I- I'm so sorry." He croaked, going to help me up. I snatched myself away from him and rubbed my cheek.

"We're over." I spat.

"Layla!" He cried,trying to grab me. I slammed the door to his room on him.

I bumped into his mother on the way down. She took one look at me and my cheek and anger crossed her face too.

"I am so sorry Layla." She said, but I just pushed past her.

Before I closed the front door I heard her scream," KARSEN!!"

"Anxious today?" Molly- the jail secretary- asked. She was used to seeing me now.

"Yeah, I guess." I anwered crossly. As soon as the buzzer went of I pulled the door open and stepped in. I started forward, not waiting for the guard. His name was Jim. He followed me at my quick pace, I waited for him to type the passcode in and he led me to the cafeteria. Sometimes we went to his cell others a private meeting room. It just depended.

I stalked in straight to Tony. He was at his usual table and in his usual slumped position.

Without thought I jerked him to his feet by his collar. He seemed stunned as I slapped him across the face.

I was tired of being treated like crap. Tired of everything.

'Then I kicked him in the groin, not gently either. He crumpled and I stood above him.

"That was revenge." I snapped, crouching down to speak in his ear," That was revenge for every time you laid your hands on me."

I grabbed his lunch tray, it was untouched as always. Then I slammed it over his head. The food splattered all over him.

"You beat me every single day, Tony! Do you even feel regret about that?" I demanded.

He slowly got to his feet and met my eyes, his looked sad.

"And I put up with it! I never said anything! I was a good girlfriend, and I hoped if I stayed with you it would stop!" I hollered. I slapped his chest.

He did nothing to stop my rant. He didn't even look angry.

"And now, you're being punished for it. And you won't even eat? You won't even try to get better? You could start all over, Tony, yet you sit here like a lump. What is wrong with you?" My voice had grown quiet.

"What is wrong with you?" I repeated in barley a whisper this time.

My hands had stilled on his chest. I was looking at the floor, crying quietly.

"I didn't think you'd ever want me to get better. I never thought I would see you again." His voice was barley audible, but my head snapped up.

It was the first word he had spoke to me since he had said my name.

"You idiot. I forgive you. Against my better judgement I forgive you."

His hand came up over mine to hold them.

"I'm sorry, Layla. I'm so so sorry a million times over."

I smiled through my tears,"There's nothing to be forgiven for, Tony. You're on a clean slate now."

And breifly, I felt my love for him shoot to the surface once again.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

206 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
805 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...
554K 6.9K 55
BE WARNED. THIS STARTS OUT IN THE CARROT YEARS OK.......You can skip a couple chapters I guess but can also just go to the second book... Lydia. 18...
3.4K 110 24
Y/N Swan was an adopted Daughter of Charlie Swan, She's kind, curious, stubborn, adventurous, compassionate, and courageous. But everything change...