Girl Meets Charlie (GMW & GLC)

By peybrinaschild

Meet the Matthews. Just a regular American family that go through the struggles of everyday life. Meet the D... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
That question tagging thingy everyone's tagging me in...
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Eight

2.1K 70 110
By peybrinaschild

****Gabe's P.O.V.****

I don't like this 'Lucas' character.

I don't like the way he acts around Maya.

I don't like his stupid perfect hair and his stupid pearly white smile.

And don't even get me started on how he stares at Maya. It's disgusting. Just like when I walked in on them in the kitchen. It disgusts me to see her all giggly with him.

But before you ask, no, I'm not jealous. I just don't like how she's always so flirty with Lucas.

I can't tell you why, because I don't even know why I do.

I just.. do.

There's no explanation toward it, but I have a feeling that Lucas doesn't like me very much either.

Too bad I don't care.

I will do anything and everything in my power to keep Maya away from him and with me.

And I know exactly how to do that.

****Riley's P.O.V.****

I was just pulling on my shirt when I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called, pulling my pants on and shimmying into them.

"It's Maya," I heard her muffled voice say through the door.

"Come in," I told her, straightening out my shirt. She came in quickly and shut the door behind her, leaning her back against it once it was closed.

"You okay?" I asked, watching her put her head back and let out a deep sigh.

"Yeah. I just needed to get out of that hella awkward conversation."

"What conversation?"

"The one I just had with Gabe and Lucas. I swear to god they were about to kill each other."

"That's highly doubtable. Lucas wouldn't hurt a fly. That is, unless he was given a reason to hurt it. But Gabe hasn't done anything wrong yet, so I don't understand why he has such a strong hatred toward Gabe."

"That's what I don't understand. He doesn't know about the kiss. As far as he knows, we only hung out."

"Maybe he has feelings for you," I said, and she burst out laughing.

"You think Ranger Rick likes me?" She laughed, trying to calm herself down. I nodded my head and I felt my eyes starting to get a little glossy.

"No, no no. Please don't cry, Riles," She told me, wrapping me in a tight hug. I started sobbing into her shoulder, soaking the shirt she was wearing with my tears.

"Don't worry, Riles. Lucas likes you and only you. Ranger Rick doesn't like me, he never has and he never will."

"Does that mean I can't date him because he doesn't like you?" I asked, calming down slightly.

"Of course not, Riley," She laughed. "You just keep doing whatever your little heart desires. I'll be fine. I'm always fine."

"But I don't want to hurt y-"

"Riley. You like Lucas. Lucas likes you. I have never liked him and never will. He has never liked me and never will. And I'm happy with that. So stop worrying about me and just go out with Lucas."

"It's not that easy, Maya. I really really like him, and I'm scared that he would say no if I asked him out."

"Just go for it, Riley. There's no way he would say no. He came all the way out here with Shawn just to see you. I'm pretty sure that's a pretty solid way to show someone that you really like them."

"Fine. If you want me to ask him out, I will."

"Great."

"On one condition."

"Ugh. What is it now?"

"You have to ask Gabe out."

****Gabe's P.O.V.****

"Mr. Matthews, can I speak to you?" I asked, nervously playing with my fingers.

"Does it have to do with a historical event?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, b-"

"Then I can't help you."

"Sir, I really need to talk to you."

"Does it have to do with a historical event? Because of it doesn't have to do with a historical event, then I can't help you."

"Yes, it does," I lied.

"Okay. Then what is it?"

"I'm here to ask your per mission to ask Maya out."

"You liar!"

"Yeah, tell me something I don't know. Now, I know you are very protective of Maya, but I need you to understand something. I wouldn't be doing this for anyone else. Honestly, I'm still going to ask her out no matter what you say, but I know Maya would like it a hell of a lot better if she knew you approved."

"Sure."

"I don- wait, did you just say yes?"

"Yeah, sure. You can go out with Maya."

"Thank you so much, sir."

"You didn't let me finish. You can go out with Maya if you ask Shawn first. And I happen to know for a fact that he doesn't like you very much."

"You only said yes because you knew he was going to say no?"

"Pretty much."

"Well then, excuse me while I go try to convince him to let me take his only daughter out on her first date."

"You can leave out the first date part," he told me as I started walking out.

"Why would I leave that out ?"

"Because she's already been on her first date."

"She what now?"

"She's already been on her first date. It was a double date with Farkle, Lucas and Riley."

"She went on a date with Lucas?"

"No, no, no. Lucas went with Riley and Maya went with Farkle. But, they did say that she got distracted by Josh in the middle of the date."

How many fucking guys does she have in her life?

"Who told you that?"

"Zay."

There's more?!

"Oh."

A silence fell over us, and I suddenly felt very uncomfortable.

"I'm just going to leave now," I mumbled before walking out of the room and downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to reveal a very happy Shawn talking to my dad.

"Shawn," I interrupted, causing both my dad and Shawn's heads to turn. Shawn's grin instantly vanished when he saw me in the doorway and it was quickly replaced with a frown.

"What do you want?" He snarled, glaring at me with his stern eyes.

"I would like to speak to you privately, if you wouldn't mind."

"I actually would mind."

"Well then I guess I'll just not ask you."

"Ask me what?"

"Well I was going to ask you for your permission to ask your daughter out, but you are obviously going to say no, so I'll just leave you alone."

"You what?"

"I was going to ask you for permission to date your daughter, but since you're obviously going to say no, I might as well just give up."

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked as I started to walk away.

"I want to protect her. My intentions toward her have always been pure."

"How would you benefit from being with my daughter?"

"I don't exactly understand the question."

"Are you doing this because you truly have feelings for her, or are you only doing this to be able to flaunt her around to your friends and just to be able to say you have a girlfriend?"

"I am doing this because I have feelings toward her and I want her to know that I'm not just going to use her and not be in a relationship with her."

"So you're saying you're going to use her?"

"Of course not, sir. I would never use Maya. I just meant that I don't want her to think I'm going to play with her heart. I want her to know she is more than just another girl to me."

He rolled his eyes at my response, obviously not believing me.

"You've known her for a week. You can't already have that strong of feelings for her."

"I get that you don't like me, but it's not like I want to marry her. I just want to ask her out on a single date."

"Corey!" Shawn shouted desperately.

"Oh goodie! Is there food? An award? What's going on?" He asked, running down the stairs.

"Oh. It's just you," he said.

"Yeah. How do I handle this?"

"I can't help you. I already told him yes."

"And why would you do that, exactly?"

"Because I thought that it would be interesting to watch this all unfold."

"So you can't help me at all?"

"Sorry, Shawny. You have to handle this one on your own."

"Fine, I'll just have to decide on my own then. Hmm, let me think about it... nope. Wow, that was easier than I thought."

"What do you mean, no?"

"I mean you can't date my daughter."

"And why is that?"

"Because she's not ready."

"I'm pretty sure she's ready."

"And how would you know that?"

"She kissed me twice, that's how I know."

He instantly tensed up and his face reddened. His fists clenched along with his jaw and he scowled at me.

"She didn't do that," he scowled.

"Oh, but she did," I smirked, realizing how much this was affecting him.

"She. Didn't. Do. That," he repeated, getting more angry with each word.

"I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened."

"Do you really want to piss me off? Because I don't think you want to be pissing your crush's stepfather off."

"You aren't going to be changing your mind anytime soon, so I honestly couldn't care less right now."

"Well if I was ever going to change my mind, I definitely am not going to do it now."

"I don't care anymore. I don't need your permission to ask her out. It's the 21st century. I just know that she would feel a lot better if we had your permission."

"You will not date my daughter and that's final."

"I will do whatever I want. And since when has Maya not done something just because she was told not to?"

He glared at me, and I smirked, knowing that he realized I have a point.

"This isn't over, Duncan."

"Oh, but it is."

****Riley's P.O.V.****

"Riley?" I heard Lucas's voice say from outside the door.

"Come in," I mumbled into my pillow, the door creaking open almost directly after I said it.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and I felt a dip in the bed.

"Nothing," I muttered, digging my face deeper into my pillow.

"I know you, Riley. Something's wrong. What's up?" He asked, rubbing my back.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Too bad."

"Why are you so frustrating?" I asked, pulling my head out of my pillow to look at him. He smiled lightly at me, but the smile quickly dropped when he saw my face.

"Why were you crying?"

I gulped and laughed nervously, looking around the room while trying to make up a believable excuse.

"Umm.. Well.. Uh..."

"Yes?"

"Imayhavekindasortathoughtyoulikedmayaandyeah," I said quickly, and he looked at me with a confused face.

"What?"

"I was upset because I thought you liked Maya since you were being all protective over her, but then she said she didn't like you like that but then she's all pretty and you guys are all furry and I just thought that maybe you liked her and then she said-"

I was cut off by him leaning and placing a soft kiss on my lips. I was taken aback, and it took me a second to process what was going on. Right as I was about to kiss back, though, he pulled away and smiled at me.

"I like you, Riley. I like you and only you."

"I like you too, Lucas."

(A/N: I am so sorry for not updating! And I know this chapter wasn't really interesting, it was more of just a filler chapter, but I promise the next one will be better. Thanks for continuing to read, vote, and comment! It means a lot to me, and it makes my day to see how many of you love it and really get into it. Love you, my Snowflakes!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.1K 50
in which maya hart and lucas friar learn that life's not all it's out to be, and that people can be traitors and hypocrites. in which riley matures i...
57.3K 1.5K 43
Maya Hart begins a relationship with her customer Lucas Friar who is recently in the middle of a divorce and a father to a 10 year old girl named Ma...
52.2K 2K 23
"You love her, don't you, Maya?" "She's my best friend, of c-" "You love her more than that, I've seen the way you look at h...
54.3K 1.7K 16
The Matthews family moves to New York from Texas. Cory and Topanga Matthews have three beautiful children. Their son, Lucas Matthews, who is fiftee...