don't // afi & lrh

By cutesycalum

don't play with her, don't be dishonest still not understanding this logic aye, i'm back and i'm better i wan... More

prologue
0.1
0.2
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
poems
1.2
Q&A
groupie's holy grail
1.3
1.4
contest
1.5
1.6
Q&A
1.7
answers
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
part II

0.3

1K 65 27
By cutesycalum

my day went on just like normal. unnoticed... during lunch i sat at the table by the vending machines alone not completely alone like normal a few kids sat there but barely noticed my existence unless they needed something, my day kind of went on like that the entire day.... alone... i guess you can say but i was fine with it. well, i was used to it. but who cares i was home finally still alone but now i was home and it's better than nothing i guess you can say.

i rarely see my mom, because of the long hours she puts in at work, my sister is away at college and my dad is the poster child for deadbeat dads having five children but only taking care of 3/5 of them. i mean it hurts but what can i do about it. i just got used to it. i faltered my way upstairs to my room stripping myself of my ripped jeans flopping on to the bed dramatically crawling under the covers. only to hear my phone vibrate. i sigh expecting a text from my mom.

"be back later than usual"

"don't wait up"

"can you make dinner tonight"

an the list goes on. but to my surprise it was just luke.

luke 🍦: did ashton bother you too much

luke🍦: i'm so sorry if he did

ariel 💫: a little i tried to ignore him but fuck he's so persistent. is this usually how he gets all those girls?

luke🍦: yes

ariel💫: lmao well i got to give it to him he doesn't give up

i laugh placing my phone onto the on the counter. getting ready for my shower. stripping myself of my clothes. turning on the shower to the precise temperature. i step in watching the substance dripping down my arm being washed away by the warm water. my tan skin still showing marks of my old scares. it wasn't the best way of coping but it was my way.

i turn off the water grabbing my towel stepping out of the shower. seeing two missed calls and a missed facetime from an unknown number. i quickly video call the number back listening to the tedious ring. quickly receiving an answer placing my phone on the dresser as the phone connected. "ariel!" they chirped "who... is this?"

"the man of your dreams," i rolled my eyes realizing who it was. "how'd you get my number ashton," my voice coming out smaller than intended as i was to my dresser picking out pajama shorts, underwear, and a sports bra. "ahhhh... so so you admit i'm the man of your dreams but i might've took it from luke's phone..." he chuckled. "so you and luke what's up with that are you guys a thing yet? do you like him? or..." he paused. "or what ashton?" i spat slightly annoyed by the giggly prying boy on the line. "...are you fucking him?" he pushed. "ashton, why would any of this concern you?" i walked back picking up my phone.

"because i want you to be my baby girl," he chirped making me become flustered my cheeks turning a bright red shade of crimson. "are you blushing?" he smirked adjusting the screen for a better view. "you are! awe baby girl and it seems you're still in your towel and soaking wet." he teased making me quickly flip over the phone. "awe baby girl don't be shy. come back i'll see it later on and i don't bite... actually no promises about that."  he snickered.

  a s h t o n 

"is there something you wanted to ask me be-" her voice frail. she gripped her towel tighter. "actually yeah but i think it can wait till you get dressed!" i interrupted. " bye ashton-" she quickly dismissed. "okay!" i laughed. "i was wondering if you could help me with the poetry assignment we got today?"

"ah- um sure..." she hesitated. "what part of it do you need help with?" she smiled. "wait i'll be back," she laughed placing the phone down. not taking long she came back as promised... just better! she's replaced the towel with shorts... and a sports bra and she fills out every inch of it perfectly. i could feel myself harden at the sight of her. god she was a vision most people would kill just to see.

"ashton?" she questions softly gaining my attention. "what part of it do you need help with?"she smiled. "the writing about something you love portion. i've been staring at a blank page for hours" i sigh hearing her mumble a 'figures'. "it's 7 and all i have is 'the' written nicely like spongebob trying to write his boating essay." i say making us both laugh. "well what do you love?" she smiled. "nothing, at least not anymore."

"why not what about your mom or your dad?" she asked dejectedly. "i've never known my dad and my moms barely here so,"

"i'm sorry... i didn't mean to-"

"no it's fine," i quickly interrupt hearing her tone turn to self loathing. "it's fine... maybe you could help me i know it's late but it's a little coffee shop i think you'd like and i was wondering if you'd come help me... i'd appreciate it a latte." i laughed. "oh god you do need help." she giggled. "i'll go but no where else afterwards irwin... i mean it. text me the address," she said before hanging up.

ashton: P. Sherman 42, Wallaby Way, Sydney 

-

i ordered two lattes and two donuts for us figuring she would probably be tired. my head quickly turns hearing the door chimes to find her walking in. she wore an oversized long sleeve shirt and vans with a little backpack slung over her shoulder. her beautiful dark curls wild and loose just like this morning.

"ariel! over here," she smiled at the sight of me. she took her seat across from me placing her jacket on the back of the chair. "i got you a latte and a doughnut, i-i didn't know if you wanted or felt like ordering anything so i got you this just in case. and plus i donut know what to do an i appreciate your help a latte." say mentally wanting to slap myself, because of how stupid i was making myself look. she just laughed a little muttering a thank you.

she rolled up her sleeves and grabbed the bottle of caramel drizzling it into her latte making it almost overflow. "i like it sweet," she laughed taking a sip. "i can tell" i laugh. i had a clear view of her left arm full of dark visable lines formed by old scars kind of like mine but why? she was perfection in the purest of forms, beautiful, funny, sweet as can be, innocent in a way and words could never do her justice. and i wanted it.

she could tell i was watching bringing her legs up to her chest protectively wrapping her arms around her knees hiding them. "so... i think we should get started now, don't cha' think?" she stumbled. " yeah do you mind if we start with yours," i smiled. "uh... sure," she stuttered grabbing a few pages out of her bag. "it's really stupid and it's not that good," she said lowly. "i'll be the judge of that," i offer a smile laughing. "i'm sure it'll be good ariel,"

"my thoughts are up in flames
now because of you
the thought of you is everywhere
and every memory i had of you
has either rusted or
disintegrated
i miss you
i miss you
pinning me against the wall
telling me you love me
because
i'm a fucking masterpiece
i miss you
i miss you
so fucking much
tell me i'm the missing
piece of you that you
never knew you needed
i remembered
as your lips touched mine
and how easily sparks would fly
setting my skin ablaze
but now that you're gone and so...
so are the flames
they died down a long time ago
leaving only ashes in its place
and now with you gone
i'm just another lost soul
i'm just waiting for someone
to love me again
wanting my fingers to intertwine with someone else's my hand fitting perfectly
telling them the demon that play in my head
and them
telling me i'll be fine
even if it is a lie
i miss it
i miss you" she recited softly her voice breaking towards the end.

trying to keep from crying i could tell. "ariel it was beautiful!" you could hear the customer clapping over hearing her. making her shrink down into her seat. "seems they'd agree too," i laugh taking another sip of my drink. "i think we should start on yours," she laugh nervously shoving the pages back into her bag. "i thought she said love, not heartbreak?" i questioned. "think about it what is heartbreak missing someone or something you love that you've lost. because you're heartbroken doesn't alway mean you don't love them anymore. that's basically what my poem is losing someone you love and wanting them back because everything is falling a part without them, and you wish that they were here to help you fix the mess... well it's what i wrote it about its open for interpretation." she mumbled.

8 unseen messages :: lucifer

lucifer🍦: lol he doesn't...

lucifer🍦: ariel you mean so much to me i hoped you know that

lucifer🍦: just please promise me you'll stay away from ashton he's no good for you

lucifer🍦: lol i should know i'm his friend so that doesn't say much about me

lucifer🍦: just promise me you won't go and near him

lucifer🍦: at least when i'm not around

lucifer🍦: fuck i hope you're not with him

lucifer🍦: you'll end up worse than before so please don't

lucifer🍦: i can't take seeing you like that again. why aren't you answering

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432 73 36
He walked in, giving no cares about where he set foot. "Um, excuse me but why are you here?" He smiled at me and bit his lip, "Looking for some influ...
1.9K 61 46
❝ We Can Run Down The Streets With The Stars In Our Eyes ❞
2K 138 27
"Why Nora? Why did you leave?" He asked. "Why did you disappear with no goodbye or see you later, or even a note explaining everything or even a pho...
354K 7.6K 40
I was lost before I found you. Your presence gave me a reason to live, and I could never repay you for it. Just try to keep me alive, okay?