Powers of The Unknown

By SupernaturalStalker

I was always the outsider. When I finally hit 16 I was left behind. Everyone had succeeded for lessons I c... More

[[ Prologue ]]
Chapter two.

Chapter one.

14 2 0
By SupernaturalStalker

This is my new story called 'Powers of the Unknown'.

The first chapter is long and I hope to keep it like that with the other chapters, too. Long, exciting; interesting.

I hope you enjoy chapter one.

~ R.

[Chapter one]:

Like every other day, I woke up at 6:30AM with my alarm clock screeching and rattling for me to wake up. Still sleepy and once again regretful for not sleeping early.

Last night I tried again, tried to see if I could make anything happen. And just like the other times: nothing happened. Feeling disappointed was another daily emotion. I felt like a disappointment to my family and myself. I hadn't mastered anything and because of that I was dropped like I was useless.

Wasn't I, though?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ----

Everyone was awake and ready, Chloe was down first and then followed a grumpy Darren who was still dressed in nothing but his boxers. No one in the family minded believe it or not.

Chloe was the eldest sibling, she possessed brown curls that lied perfectly unprovoked on her shoulders and bright blue eyes that never caught any sight of darkness. She was slim, curvy and tall. She never boasted about her looks or tried to emphasis on them like some of the girls that hung around her do.

She was a book nerd but her looks gave her that charm that nobody could pick on or try downgrade.

Chloe had the power to aquire knowledge from anything she touched, including its past.

Darren, the second eldest and the jock of the family, possessing fairly dark brown hair that was slit and casted a fair amount to the right. He was cocky but not a jerk. Loud, annoying at times and is admired because of his broad chest. Well, that's what I've been told.

Darren had the power to move things with his mind or by calling upon it. How do you think he wins most of his games, huh?

Nina was the fourth sibling in our family, straight after me. She's a sweet girl with really dirty blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes to match, much like Chloe's and Darren's. But she was also easily influenced by her friends. She was dependant on make-up and mini-skirts, just like her friends. She ate very little but maintained a curvy figure. Her body would store the food she ate.

Nina had the power to foresee what has yet to happen. If not uttered through her words, it would be shown through her drawings. She was quite the artist.

Cole, the youngest brother but not the youngest sibling, was much like Chloe and Darren. Smart, knowledgeable and an athlete. Had brown hair that was slicked back and eyes that were the same shade of blue like Chloe and Darren. Cocky, sometimes a jerk. It's like a reflex whenever someone tried to get close to him. If you weren't family, you weren't much to talk to or even look at. He's been like that ever since Dad died. But underneath that rocky exterior, lied a boy who didn't enjoy seeing someone hurt. He was rough around the edges but if someone needed help, he was always there to aid them.

Cole had the power to heal anything. Whether it was a scar or the darkness within your soul. Purify you in ways you could never imagine. The irony.

And finally, Amber, the youngest sibling in our big family. Like me, she had pure gold eyes and blonde hair that was literally kissed by the sun. People use to bet on their lives that we dyed/highlighted our hair, but as time passed they got over it and moved on. However, for a girl her age, she was still admired for it. She became popular for her unusual features, just like I was when I was her age.

Her only downfall now was her quietness. The faded smile that held no emotion. In result to that, her golden eyes became darker. She still hung out with her usual group of friends but remained quiet, as if anything her words were a trigger of mass destruction.

Amber still hasn't reached the age of when she'll be getting her powers.

Our parent's were worried about Amber because as she possessed features that I did that weren't like her other siblings but me, she might not have had the chance to acquire any abilities. People guessed while the Elders promised.

Everyone had gathered around the table while mum prepared breakfast. Our mother possessed normal features; grey eyes and light brown hair that was naturally straight. She also had an accent, a British one at that. But our father on the other hand had bright, blue yes and a mix of brown and black hair. It was strange how me and Amber were born with different qualities. Some people presumed that their DNA's had just mutated. It sometimes happens. Sometimes.

"Chloe, get your nose of that book and eat. You'll need to bulk up for prom!" Mum scolded, giving Darren a smile as he entered with a sleepy expression.

"Is there any point in her eating? She might just starve herself to fit into a dress. Me, on the other hand need to bulk up for the game tomorrow." He commended, earning a look from Chloe.

"Darren, you're already big. Give me some of that," Cole slid from the stairs and grabbed the bacon sandwich Darren was about to chow down on. "Hey, you little squirt!" He balled a fist and waved it at him annoyed as Cole began to chew and zip his school bag. Right after Chloe, he was one of the quickest to get dressed and ready for school.

"Nina! Get your cute butt down here before Darren finishes your breakfast for you!" Mum yelled, brushing back her brown threads behind her ear. Nina came running half way down to yell, "Let him! I don't want anything, thank you!" Before running back up, leaving mum to press her balled fist against her hip and shake her head disapprovingly.

"Nina! Oh my goodness. Will that girl ever eat?" Mum rhetorically asked.

"At least she manage to swallow some manners." I muttered with a slight cheeky grin, picking up my bag and the bacon sandwich that lied untouched by any of my siblings, and as I got up so did Chloe, taking her final sip from her tea cup.

"Bye, Mum!" Her reply was more cheerful and followed with hopes of a good day, which I found somwhat hilarious.

Whilst bolting for the door, I was hoping to catch someone I knew from class to walk with. If I couldn't, I would just listen to some Bon Jovi, Nickleback or Skillet. I quite admire the music humans produced.

The only familiar faces I could see were the ones of my old class mates. While they upgraded to learning about their powers and improving them, I was stuck on the same level; learning how to live in the human world.

The do's and don'ts.

As some tried to avoid meeting my eyes and ignoring me, I pushed away the feeling of hurt and recognized a fellow class mate. A smile had captured my lips and my arm had waved immiediantly.

"Yo, Johnny!"

John, my best mate. He hadn't gotten his powers at the age of sixteen and, unlike me, learned to live with it. He was obviously disappointed at first but he knew that he would survive. He was the smartest one out of both of us. We promised to buy an apartment together when we move into the mundane world.

John was a 5''9 man, close to 6ft, who loved having fun (partying) and getting a thrill out of everything he did. I've never once seen this man cry or angry, well... There was this one time.. But let's not get into that right now.

His arm flung around my neck and pulled me in for a guy greeting, making me smile wider and feel more awake. "Hey man, how've you been?"

Letting me go, he gave me half a smile and replied, "Gooooooood. Went out with Jessica last night."

"The hell! I thought you were going to stay away from her! Have you forgotten who her brother is?" I warned, slapping him across the head and moving in front of him, halting us both.

"Of course I haven't forgotten, but come on it's Jessica Haynes. The cutest girl in our year!" John confessed and walked around me, took my arm and pulled me forward in a run so we made our way to school shorter than needed.

"You know if he finds out he'll crush you like a coke can."

"Arrrrrgh. Let's just drop this!" Feigning a headache, he slapped a palm on my shoulder and questioned, "What about you, Zack? What did you do last night that gave you those bags underneath your eyes, ey?"

Annoyed, I shrugged him off and pouted, the same pout of disappointment that he recognized and replied to my silent answer, "You tried again didn't you?" His tone displayed sadness and a hint of stress. Then he was the one to stop in front of me and take my shoulders, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"If you keep trying you're only going to get yourself emotionally hurt and drain yourself physically, you know that right?" I replied with a sigh and turned to avoid his gaze.

"Zack?"

"You don't know what it would mean to me if.." My voice slightly choked, "I know," he quietly muttered and continued walking and I followed after him, letting a muted sigh leave my lips as my eyes scan the heads behind me and find my somewhat look-alikes walking behind me.

They made their way while I made mine. Like always.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ----

Period one wasn't any different from two, three and four. Each hour had passed casually and I was certainly not in the mood. That didn't stop that certain Jackass in my class from doing anything though. Occasionally I would hear the slight giggling from a group of girls at the back, they teased the girl John had a thing for. Jessica.

Jessica was cute, the cutest girl in our year but still the weirdest somehow, according to the girls that were currently teasing her. They only did it when they weren't idolizing her brother. He never found out about what happened during our lessons, what they would say or do to her. She didn't want him to. She didn't want him to risk his education by protecting her from all these bullies. Jessica didn't need to worry, though.

Jason Haynes was a bully himself. His power gave him that title. Before he got his powers he was a good guy, until power had gotten into his head. Jason was able to inflict pain on people, mentally and physically. If someone randomly (or dared to) threw a chair at him, he would feel it but then automatically transfer whatever pain he was supposed to feel onto that person, on any person really. So he always won his fights. So no one wanted to mess with him because of it.

It's amazing what having powers does to you.

Anyways, back to that Jackass. Daniel Ralph. My year's biggest asshole.

Throughout the day he's joined the girls by adding his own remarks about Jessica. I could here it from here; her height, baggy clothes, glasses and even her brains! Which they clearly didn't have.

But Jessica just sat there. I knew she could hear what they were saying. I knew John would have done something if he was here, but the idiot chose to do Food Tech instead of History of Magic, like me. I guess he's just being more realising. Whereas I am being hopelessly clingy.

"Shh!" Mrs Kick scolded, whacking her stick on Daniel's desk. He gave her a scowl and as soon as her back was turned he went back to bitching about Jessica.

"You know," I began loudly, knowing everyone could hear me as their heads turned to soak in every detail of what was going to happen. If they had any power at all, it would be premonitions, like Nina, they could tell when a fight was going to happen.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Turning my head swiftly to the right, looking straight into his eyes with a challenging glint. Daniel had lifted a brow and dropped his hand.

"What's that suppose to mean. Huh?" I lifted my brow and opened my mouth to speak: "It means 'shut up before I shut you up.'"

A subtle scowl left his sketchy lips as my head tilted, interested in his comeback.

We both got up straight at the same time, I waited for his next move but nothing happened as a silent, "It's okay," was echoed, we turned to see Jessica. Her eyes said otherwise. It's not alright.

"It's not alright." I warned Daniel.

A smirk played on his lips as the girls he chatted with walked behind him and Jessica.

"What are you going to do, hey?" Girl A questioned.

"Yeah. You can't do shit." Girl B echoed.

My brows lifted as I turned to face them both and scanned their tainted body. Disgust must have been portrayed on my features because they seemed slightly offended by it.

Without hesitation I launched an arm forward and brought Jessica behind me, hoping that John could at least, somehow, feel/know that something was happening.

"Jessica might not be too keen on telling her brother about this," I began, titling my head back to indicate the fragile girl behind me, shaking from the attention she was getting.

"But I am." I spoke teasingly, seeing how their eyes popped. It was weak though, threatening with someone else's brother, not even your own. We weren't in pre-school but I have to say, it still worked every time.

"Yeah? So what? It's just a little pain. I can handle that. Yeah. Totally can." His laughter was laced with nervousness.

"Class!" Mrs Kick screamed! Causing everyone's attention to snap to her and with a compulsive force everyone sat in their seats. I hated when our teachers did that. The teachers here were able to use compulsion on school grounds. It was a spell created specifically for Magic School. It could only make the students sit down and kept quiet. And it was their choice to cause themselves a headache by trying to resist it. If they wanted to leave they could. They could speak but it was the instinct to be keep quiet and learn that was increased. That instinct was already there but once you drop that instinct, you were free of compulsion and probably asked to leave.

You came to school to learn. Not mess around, but sometimes that was inevitable.

"If this happens again I will take you off the course!" She threatened with a growl and went back to teaching.

We were learning about the Elders. About my Dad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.3K 200
I'm called Yakushi Yu, and I've crossed over to the world of Naruto. Without any bloodline limits or protagonist's plot armor, what can I do? I'm fee...
49.8K 1.4K 46
Freya Lavine Yeovil finds herself trapped in the role of the villainess in her best friend's novel, unwilling to accept her fate. Despite being label...
14.7K 311 37
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?
161K 1.7K 65
ဖအေကနေ သားကိုသွားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ်လမ်းသာဖြစ်ပါတယ် ဖေအက သားကိုသြားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ္လမ္းသာျဖစ္ပါတယ္