The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

Por teenwolfgirl90

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... Mais

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

twenty five

1.1K 23 0
Por teenwolfgirl90

"Get up shank!"

My eyes opened slowly, not wanting to face the day quite yet. Minho was leaning over me, shaking me awake. "Come on, we have to go." He whispered, not wanting to wake up the others.

I groaned and let him pull me from the hammock I shared with Newt. Newt's grasp on me tightened when I started separating from him and I smiled at the action. He was fast asleep and yet he still tried to keep me there with him.

"Clara?"

I turned to see Teresa sitting up in her hammock, which used to be mine, watching Minho and I. She yawned widely and climbed to her feet, rubbing her eyes as she did.

"Where are you going?" Her voice cracked with the early morning fatigue and Minho grinned before turning to me.

"I'll meet you out there. Try to hurry."

I nodded at him and turned to Teresa. "We're going to check out the griever hole. The sooner we go out, the safer it is."

She nodded and took a step closer to me. "Please be careful out there. You and Thomas both."

I smiled at her and nodded. "No worries, we'll be back soon."

She took a moment to think about what I said before nodding. "Okay." She gave me a smile that didn't reach her eyes before collapsing back into her hammock. I watched her a second longer before turning to the still sleeping Newt. I brushed back the hair from his forehead and kissed him lightly. "I'll be back my love." I whispered, before turning and rushing to the bathroom across from us. I changed quickly and dashed downstairs to meet Minho and Thomas who were both waiting for me on our usual table. Thomas gave me a small smile before he shoveled food in his mouth while Minho shoved a plate into my hands.

I scarfed down the food quickly and we were off.

"What were you and Teresa talking about last night?" Thomas asked me as we started running down the first hall into the maze.

"She was asking about the fight Newt and I had. And that led to a conversation about Jake and the grievers."

"Don't tell her too much that she doesn't need to know." Minho yelled over his shoulder as we rounded a corner.

"I know but she's been hearing things and had some questions. She deserves to know how dangerous this place is."

Thomas looked over at me briefly before speaking again. "Like what, what questions?"

"Like why Newt and I fought about me running when I used to be a runner. It's hard to understand anything about the changing when you have no idea what it is, she hasn't been here when someone's gone through it. She asked why Jake attacked me in the first place so I told her what a griever sting can do to someone."

Thomas nodded and we continued to the griever hole in silence, all of us running with our own thoughts.

I thought back to the conversation Teresa and I had after Newt and Alby had fallen asleep last night.

"Hey, Clara, are you still awake?"

I leaned up and met Teresa's gaze. "What's wrong?"

"I have a few questions for you. It might be hard for you to talk about though." Her voice waivered and I knew whatever she wanted to discuss wasn't going to be very pleasant.

"Ask away." My voice remained steady to reassure her that I was a friend and she could ask me whatever she wanted.

"Why did Jake attack you?"

"Well, I know you know he was stung by a griever so I'm assuming you're wondering more about that?"

She nodded so I continued.

"When you get stung by a griever you have to get the grief serum in order to go through the changing and heal otherwise you can slowly start going crazy. You remember things about your past, memories that most people can't handle. Jake most likely remembered something that made him act out."

"But why did he go after you?"

"In all honesty I think Jansen tried to get to him and use him against me and Jake didn't handle it well."

Newt stirred below me and I shot a warning glance to Teresa.

Why does this Jansen guy want you so badly? Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked this one telepathically like she had suddenly become frustrated with herself.

Because her brother and I dropped her in here when he was supposed to come instead. Thomas replied.

My eyes widened and Teresa groaned. "I'm so sorry Clara." She whispered.

"It's okay. He knows anyway." I replied before returning to our telepathic conversation.

Why did you guys send her here? Teresa watched me closely as she spoke to us.

They were torturing her. She was safer here.

What happens if they get her back?

My eyes met Teresa's and I could see the fear in her eyes as we waited for Thomas to answer.

Nothing good. That's why we can't let it happen. Get some sleep now, Clara. Tomorrow will be a long day.

"Clara? Why do you runners go out there if it's so dangerous?" Teresa whispered.

"That's our only way out. We have to keep looking for an exit if we ever want to leave this place."

"But why does it have to be you? I mean if Jansen's after you and the grievers can get you out there... maybe Newt is right and you should just stay here?"

I sighed and rolled towards her. "It didn't used to be like this. The grievers would only come out at night. We very rarely saw one during the day. I think it's because the end really is coming. That's why Jake got stung when he did and why he attacked me. It's what led to me and Newt fighting so we'd realize the stress that we're all feeling and why. We fought so we'd realize we need to make sacrifices if we want to make it out. Everyone here will play a big part in our escape. We really have to find our exit and figure out the code before it's too late."

She nodded, seeming to accept my answer. "Thank you for telling me everything, Clara."

"You're welcome. Now, get some sleep T. I'll see you in the morning."

I was shaken from my thoughts when we stopped outside the griever hole. "Now what?" I asked Minho, stepping closer to the hole. I looked in and saw nothing but lingering blackness.

He pulled something from his pack with a grunt before glancing at Thomas. "Now we lower you down and see what's in there." He handed me a flashlight and tied the ivy around my waist. "We made this yesterday so we wouldn't have to spend any more time out here than necessary. We'll lower you down and you need to quickly, very quickly, look around as best as you can with that. We'll pull you up at a moment's notice." Minho tied the other end of the ivy to his waist and Thomas grabbed some as well.

I turned the flashlight on and shined it into the hole, coming up with nothing. "Alright, let's do this." I tightened the ivy around me and climbed up to the hole to where I was straddling the ledge. I leaned into the hole and looked down, momentarily panicking because there was nothing but blackness all around me. To anyone else it would appear that I was floating in air.

"Yell if you need anything." Thomas nearly whispered, fear lingering in his eyes.

"I will." I turned and started slowly climbing down the wall with them giving me more slack to drop down. The flashlight lit up only a small amount of area around me so I kept dropping down. Thankfully I still didn't see any sign of a griever.

The flashlight landed on something small in the corner, a computer.

There's a computer in the corner. I'm untying myself to check it out.

Thomas instantly replied. No! Don't untie, we have plenty here. Stay connected to us.

I groaned before being lightly dropped to the ground. I used the flashlight to take in my surroundings before walking over to the computer. The screen had an empty box suggesting we needed a password. I looked all around the computer but didn't see anything. I sighed and walked back to the wall and pulled the ivy lightly signaling to pull me up. I started being pulled up slowly and I kept the flashlight scanning the room so nothing would catch me off guard.

And then I saw it.

The metal arm reached up and grasped me, quite suddenly, around my ankle. I screamed out, startled and scared, and was instantly brought back through the hole. Thomas' arms went around me as he pulled me out and Minho started banging on the metallic arm around my foot. My arms were around Thomas' neck as he pulled me away from the beast that had starred in many of my nightmares.

Minho broke the arm and Thomas put me on the ground and we all started running back to the glade. I struggled to run with the arm still attached, making me run with a slight wobble. Thomas continuously checked on me but I was able to keep up with them. Minho untied the ivy that still hung loosely around his waist as we rounded the first corner and I followed his lead.

There was a loud screech behind us and it chilled me to the bone. I risked a glance over my shoulder and gasped when I saw the hoard of grievers running after us.

"No, don't look back just keep running!" Minho shouted out to me.

"I am!" I called out frantically, noticing how quickly the grievers were gaining on us.

"Hey, Minho! What if they don't stop when we get there?" Thomas yelled, fear prominent in his voice.

Minho's eyes widened and he shook his head. "I don't know!"

"Wait! We can't lead them there!" I faltered slightly when I glanced at Thomas and he had the same terrified expression as Minho.

"She's right, Minho! If they don't stop we're endangering everyone else!" Thomas replied, slowing down.

"We're not prepared to stay out here all day! We can't just keep running through the maze until they decide they don't want to keep chasing us!"

"Well, we have to do something!" I yelled back, stumbling when we rounded another corner.

"Let's split up, I'll lead them away while you guys go back!" Thomas replied.

Minho and I both looked at him. "No, way! That's too dangerous!" I yelled back as we rounded another corner.

"It's the only way! You guys go, I'll be fine. I'll join you soon!" Thomas nodded at me before glancing over his shoulder. "Break off right at the end of the hall!"

"Keep running and don't look back!" Minho never turned to see the twelve grievers right on our tail, just kept his gaze focused on our exit route.

"Be careful Tommy!" I pleaded with him before we reached the end of the hall. He smiled lightly and nodded at me preparing himself for the task ahead of him. "If they follow us instead, you go back to the glade!"

He looked at me quickly, doubt crossing his features. He hadn't thought of that possibility.

We reached the end of the hall where Minho and I dove to the left and Thomas went to the right. Just as predicted the grievers stayed right behind him, allowing Minho and I to return to the glade. We crossed the threshold and both dropped to the ground trying to regain our breath.

We could hear the distant shrieks of the grievers that sent chills down my spine.

Tommy?!

I'm okay. I'm losing them.

I sighed in relief before realizing a crowd had nearly reached us.

"Where's Thomas?" Teresa asked me, nearly frantic. She leaned down to my level and her hands grasped my shoulders tightly.

"He's leading the grievers away from us. Away from the glade." I replied between gasps of air.

"What do you mean? How many are there?" Alby asked, becoming instantly worried.

I glanced at Minho before replying. "At least twelve were following us. We didn't want to lead them here in case they could come in."

There was a low rumble of murmurs throughout the group before Alby turned to address everyone. "We know everything has started to change! This isn't new information! Everyone go back to what you were doing and we'll keep you updated!"

The crowd dispersed and Alby turned back to us. "Teresa, you and Clara join Newt in working on the maps. If there's a code there we need to find it."

I nodded and pulled myself to my feet. "There's a computer in a room through the griever hole. It's our exit. Whatever words the maps reveal have to be our password for the computer."

Alby nodded slowly considering what I said. "Minho, go with them and help them find the code. I'll let you guys know when Thomas comes back."

Minho's eyes slowly rose to meet Alby's. "What if he doesn't?"

"He will." I replied confidently.

Hurry back Tommy.

When we walked into the runner's hut Newt was hunched over a few piles of maps. He looked up and smiled lightly at me before returning to his work. "Hey love, were you successful?"

"Somewhat. There's a computer in a room through the griever hole. I'm pretty sure that the words we find from the maps will be a password for the computer and that will be our exit."

He looked back up at me and smiled. "Well, I've found another word, bleed. We have float, catch, and bleed so far. I'm not sure if there's more or not but I'll find it."

I nodded and moved to one of the piles he had in the corner, Teresa and Minho following.

"Where's Tommy?" Newt asked, looking around our group. His eyes landed on mine and he rose to his feet.

"Still in the maze. There were about twelve grievers on our tail so he led them away so we could come back here." I replied solemnly.

"We couldn't risk leading the grievers back here since we don't know if they can come in or not." Minho nearly whispered, going to his own stack of maps.

Newt nodded and looked around the room. "I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll be back soon."

I crouched down to the stack of maps at my feet. "I hope so." My voice came out as a quiet plea and I noticed the others look up at me. Teresa grasped my hand in hers and sent me a hopeful smile and then we all immersed ourselves in the maps and breaking the code.

Several hours later, after we found two more words, death and stiff, I tried reaching out to Thomas again.

Doing okay Tommy?

I'll see you soon Clara

I smiled lightly in relief and continued working on the maps.

Three hours passed and we found the last word, push. After we noticed the words start to repeat we decided that there were only six words. We all came out of the hut just in time to see the doors getting ready to close. I looked around and noticed a large group in front of the doors.

Tommy?

Coming.

Hurry, the doors will close soon!

We joined the group gathered at the doors and pushed our way to the front. Teresa and Newt both grasped my hands tightly as we anxiously waited for Thomas. There was a sigh of relief throughout the group as Thomas rounded the corner. I felt someone behind me and turned to see Chuck standing there, his hand gripping the bottom of my shirt. He smiled bashfully at me and let go.

"Sorry, I got scared." He whispered.

I smiled down at him and turned, wrapping my arms around him tightly. "It's okay, Chuckie. We were all scared." I turned back towards the maze just as Thomas ran through.

Minho was by his side in seconds, a smile on his face. "Welcome back shank! Way to give us all a scare by waiting until the last minute!"

Thomas grinned and gave us a light shrug. "Had to keep everyone on their toes." His brow furrowed and he glanced at his watch. He turned his attention to the maze doors and frowned. "Shouldn't the doors have closed by now?"

I looked down at my own watch and frantically back to the doors. "You're right. They should have closed nearly three minutes ago. Alby?"

My eyes met his and my heart nearly stopped. Even after his changing, I had never seen the leader of the glade look so frightened before.

A/N: As you guys have guessed, the next chapter is THE chapter! Omg things are about to get real! Can't wait for this one :)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

14.6K 260 40
(Y/n), the first girl in group A. She was also the first one in the Glade. Everything was normal and the same for 3 years till a boy named Thomas, a...
48.2K 1.2K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...
121K 1.8K 17
Y/N and Airs were together in the Maze Trials when they escaped to the Sanctuary. Meeting Thomas' maze group, they help each other by searching for t...
271K 5.6K 55
You wake up in the Glade, just like everyone else did. Except, you're the only girl. You end up becoming friends with almost everyone, and become ver...