Beauty and the Nerd

By keys15

Beauty: the one and only Kassandra Grand aka Kassie. 5'4, great smile, golden hair made from the gods, brown... More

Beauty and the Nerd Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten status update
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Six

4.9K 163 22
By keys15

Hey. it's the author again and I promise to make it quick.  I am getting reads which is awesome and thank you so much for reading!!!  But many are just reading.  I wish you guys would vote or comment.  I wanna hear from you guys.  I don't care what it is you want to comment about just do it.  Vote as well cause I don't know if my story is really good enough because no one votes or comments.  If no one does anything I might just stop.  So here's my proposition.  If anyone votes or comments I will dedicate a chapter to them and update my story the next day.  I promis!!

Enjoy! Comment! Vote!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter six

"You can't be serious." I tell both my brother and Tyler. They give me the "come on, don't be such a goody two shoes" look.

"It's just a party," Tyler says while picking through his luggage for something. "Mikey's probably taken you some before, right?"

"No" My brother and I both say at the exact same time.

"You're shitting me." He has a look of bewilderment written all over his face. "So Mikey, you are one of the most popular guys in school or so you tell me, and have all the ins yet, you do not take your brother to a single one?"

"I'm popular and trying to stay that way. Sorry Pete, but ya gotta know you don't really help in the social department." Mikey tries to put nicely.

"It's okay, it's the truth."

"Grow some balls man," Tyler jokes with me, " this is going to be a party you will never forget." He then throws down a black leather jacket with some rips and tears in it

"You're going to let me use your jacket?" I ask astounded.

How do I put this? His jacket is like his baby, not even. More like he's the mama bear and the jacket is his cub. No one touches it except for him and girls apparently.

"Drastic times call for drastic measures, cuz." He acts like it's no big deal, "and you need to get some action."

Oh, boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrived after a thirty minute drive into the countryside. Mikey said all the best parties are out here because the neighbors always live so far away from each other and no one knows there's a party going on.

The house is lightened up from the outside with the pumping music seeping out from the walls of the plain white house.  The house looks like it could probably house twenty people by the size of it.

Once out of the Jeep, Tyler stops me in my tracks, "Anything happens to my baby, and you will be so sorry that your dead ancestors before you will pity you."  He gives me a warning.

Harsh much?

I nod in agreement then head in after the two of them.  People are aligned in the walk ways and constantly drinking.  The smell of alcohol and smoke lingers in the air with multi-colored lights flashing every which way. 

We walk into the kitchen and Mikey high-fives a couple dudes on the side, "I didn't think you'd make it man."  Said a large buff man.  Gez, these people put my body to shame.  For some reason, most of them were really good-looking.  Then again this is probably a popular party and we all know the popular people are the most attractive people.  I wish it was something in the water.  I would drink till I was dead.

"I did not think so either Jake.  My cousin Tyler is up for a couple of months and wanted to check the town out."  Mikey grabbed a red solo cup.

I almost have an instinct to whack the cup out of his hands and treat him like a bad child who should know better.  I can't help it though.  My father and mother when I was young said if I ever drank alcohol I would never get into college.  Yeah, back then I was a nerd too.

"Dude!  Is this your nerdy brother?"  My brother looks at the guy next to Jake in a intimidating way. "Sweet jacket, man."  He quickly adds at the end.

I scout the room for Tyler, but find him already off on his own.  Probably on a "babe hunt" or so he called it on the way over here.

"Pete," my brother calls my name, "Just relax and get a drink."  He raises his cup to me then takes a sip of it almost as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

I walk to the island that has a mixture of different looking drinks.  Vodka, wine, whiskey, and plain old beer are scoured over the top.  I pick up a new cup and decide on the beer.  Now that I have a beer all I have to do is drink it.  

"One sip won't hurt anybody."  My feelings tell me and eventually win.

I tip the blue cup slowly upwards in my mouth when someone shoves into, knocking my cup at my face and getting a huge mouthful.  Some of the beer drips down my chin, but I wipe it away.  The taste is bitter on my tongue.  Uh, how can anyone really like this stuff? 

"Here Pete, have a shot.  One just to get the party started?"  Tyler wiggles his eyebrows in anticipation. 

"What is it?"

"Mostly burbon but you'll be okay"  His smile grows.  One shot can't do much either.  I'm not that scrawny to get bad off of one.  I quickly do it so I don't get called a wimp in front of everyone.  It burns it's way down my throat and I start coughing.  Tyler thumps me on the back, "You'll learn, this will help,"  Tyler hands me another cup that looks clear.  Must be water.  I take another large gulp mistakenly and instantly know it isn't.  Tyler walks away laughing.

I throw out the rest and decide that's enough for tonight.  Most likely, both Tyler and Mikey will be drunk and I will have to drive home.  Mr. Responsibility here and ready to assist.

There's nothing interesting in the kitchen except for the alcohol and people clamoring at it for more, so I went to venture out into the rest of the house.  I noticed the farer into the house the more people were making out or more arguments were happening.

I finally reached what I assumed was the living room and found Tyler there watching tv with two girls on either side of him.

"You're watching football?  At a party?"  I ask him and he turns his green eyes to me.

"Yep" he says nonchalantly.  "I can't miss the Ravens against the Giants.  It's gonna be epic!"  He takes another swig of his alcohol then is back to watching the tv.

Football isn't really my thing.  I kind of miss the point of big guys tackling each other for a touchdown.  I'm more of soccer guy.  I'd never try out for the team, but I do sometimes practice in my backyard.

I leave Tyler to his football game and head down the hall to see if anything else is happening.  Boredom is starting to claw at me and don't find parties as interesting as everyone.

That is until the side effects of the beer start to go to my head.  A tiny buzz is in the back of my mind.  The buzzing feels like it's trying to tell me to loosen up.  It is almost like my thought process is fuzzy.

I end up at a T in the hallway and my body takes me to the right.  Family pictures are hung up in the hallway and I wonder who they are and why aren't they home?  Don't they know there's a party at their house? 

I trip over a guy sleep in the hallway and he just grunts at the contact, while I fly head first into an end table and a vase comes smashing down in a million pieces.

Oh man!  I think to myself.  That sucks for the people who own it.

I continued on staggering when a redhead wonders up to me.

"Hey, there cutie," her breath comes out in a whisper and smells of vodka. Her hand slowly travels up my chest while she says, "What are you doing here all alone?"

I can barely pay attention to her with her hand climbing up my chest.  Let's put it this way, this is the most action I have ever gotten in my entire life so far.  Don't judge.

"I'm just exploring." I barely get out. 

"Well, I can be your companion on this adventure if you want me to be."  The redhead doesn't wait for my answer and shoves me against the wall.  She then attacks my neck with her lips.

It's such an odd sensation.  Her lips on my neck and her hands are traveling south, but I stop her when it doesn't feel right.  The one I want isn't here. A glowing white smile and sparkling brown eyes appear in my head.  An unforgettable laugh that makes my heart warm just at the thought of it.

Kassie.

I push her off of me and wipe off the lipstick on my neck.  She looks mad and makes an "umph" then stomps away.

I know I don't have any right towards thinking I'm betraying Kassie when I'm not even dating her.  I just feel like my heart belongs to her.  My feelings are so strong for her and I don't want anyone else.  No one can compare to her.

Parties can wear and tear on a newcomer.  How does Tyler and Mikey do this all the time?  I can barely take this one.

"I need some air."  I say to myself.  My head is still all fuzzy and I think air could do me some good.  Now all I need to do is find a way out of here.

I wonder around and go up and down hallways till I find a door that leads into the moonlight night.  The Air greets me and surrounds my body and swirls into my lungs.  The moon shines through the trees and the music in the background creates a mysterious mood.

My legs carry over to the steps on the porch and I sit down.  Kassie is the one to me. I probably have no chance.  She lights up my life like no one else and is so sweet.  Her life is so perfect already.  She would not want me to come in and ruin all that she has going for her.

I hear a laugh around the corner and some murmuring.  Who is outside when the party's inside?

I stumble down the steps and make my way to the other side of the house where the noise is coming from.  A couple emerges in my line of vision that is in a close embrace.  His hands are around her waist and her hands are playing with his hair.

They both look familiar for some reason.  The brown curly hair that the girl is playing with and her black hair that falls down her back.  The way his height always towers over me is familiar.  They are both locked in a kiss and I instantly know who the two are. 

Brandon and Cleo.

How can Brandon do this to Kassie?  He tells her he loves her when they part ways in the hall and what about Cleo?  I thought she was Kassie's best friend.  They've been best friends since seventh grade.

What should I do?  Before I can do anything I somehow step on a stick.  Just my luck.

The two part from each other quickly and stare at me with wide eyes.  Cleo's mouth hangs open in astonishment when Brandon lets go of Cleo all together.  Brandon's eyes then grow cold and he strides over to grab a hold of the leather jacket I'm wearing.  Cleo stands from behind and straightens out her clothes.

"Tell anyone you saw this and you will die."  Brandon threatens me with a growl.  "You know what this will do to Kassie if she finds out?  She will break up with me and be so heartbroken.  Do you want to see darling Kassie sad?  Are you going to be the one who breaks up this perfect fairy tale of hers?  If you care about her, you won't tell her."

Brandon heaves me to the ground.  He kicks me in the side twice and leaves with Cleo behind him.

"Uhh" I moan into the grass beneath me after he's left.  My mindset is unclear from the contact and alcohol in my system.  I slowly get up nursing my ribs, but I don't worry about my wounds right now.

What am I going to do about Kassie?  He's right though; it will just break her heart.  Brandon is her first boyfriend and has never had her heart broken before.  I can't imagine how she would feel.  It would be wrong to keep this from her at the same time though.

I make my way to the Jeep and lay in the back while breathing heavily.  Tyler's jacket has dirt marks from Brandon's beat down.  Just another problem I'll have to deal with.  My breathing slows down and I easily fall into a fitful sleep.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget my proposition!

Enjoy! Comment! Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 3.5K 43
Gemma has many theories on life, but being better off alone is her biggest one. That is, until it's being questioned by a boy from her past. ••• I s...
760 10 18
"I love everything about you. And that includes your entire digestive system." 'Don't open your eyes, Rachel', she whispered inside her head. 'Don't...
24.1K 1K 63
Scott Jenkins: high school geek, loser, loner .. Well, he's in the bottom of the high school food chain. He's not a typical nerd; you know, glasses w...
858 91 33
Henry was never the type of guy that was like by many people at school. Like most nerds, he didn't really care about what anyone thought of him but w...