𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐄�...

By slytherclawed

❝ 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑮𝑳𝑨𝑫𝑰𝑨𝑻𝑶𝑹 ❞ Fairytales are stories told by our mother, father or who... More

INTRO/CHAPTER ONE: Fangs And Magic
CHAPTER TWO: Always Be Damned
CHAPTER THREE: Second Time's A Mistake
CHAPTER FOUR: A Shot Out Of The Blue
CHAPTER FIVE: Starting Line
CHAPTER SIX: Unwelcoming Pleasantries
CHAPTER SEVEN: Running On Flames
CHAPTER NINE: Reasons To Flee
CHAPTER TEN: Day Of Recollection
GHOSTWRITTING COMISSIONS OPEN

CHAPTER EIGHT: Bayou Blues

1.4K 75 7
By slytherclawed

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Chapter Song: Walking Backwards By Leagues
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It's flush in the face desire

I wanna trade in the old for new

I was searching but not for you

I've been looking for a new emotion

I've been taken with a new emotion

I've been walking backwards

Oh confession it sets me free

I feel the friction of you and me

Fight back but it wins it wins

Set it loose but it starts again

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Chapter Eight: Bayou Blues
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A RATHER INTOLERABLE WHINING drove myself to join Marcel to his request to meet in front of St. Anne's Church. I went to protest, although he told me it was important and I ought to be thrilled in it. Wether he said that so that I would come or it's quite true.

I sincerely doubt it would be the second one.

"Alright! I'm coming, is it that hard to stand?" I hiss at the phone, talking to Marcel.

"No, but it's very irritating to wait for a vampire who could just use her feet to run fast like a supernatural being,"

I grimace on his onwards stupidity, saying, "Oh, of course! How could I have forgotten that I could run a thousand times faster than a human being and expose our kind to the naive individuals walking around," I feign cheerfulness and countered with my usual sarcasm.

"Whatever, just get here as fast as you could," He says.

He ends the call curtly, however I stood in the middle of the street battling through my mind. Despite the mere fact that an original has awaken and may or may not be roaming around the Mikaelson Mansion at this very moment, I cease the crippling fear that has quite have a good hold of my throat since the happenings at the church. Funny how I was just about to get what I want, but I couldn't seem to oblige in that certain task, whilst I was occupied by the bizarre horrific feeling in which I shame myself for.

There awaits Marcel at the said meeting place with an infuriating special addition.

"If I just knew he was going to be here, believe me, I would've just ditched you." I say honestly, glaring at the hybrid who stood by Marcel, simply grinning at me.

"Good morning to you too, love."

I do not return Klaus' greeting and face Marcel instead.

"That is exactly why I didn't tell you," He responds "Now on to more important things,"

They both began to rudely walk away without saying anything, I stayed where I am and call, "Hey, where are we going, specifically?" I curiously ask, walking a bit closer to the pair.

They smirk at each other, although, it was Klaus who answered "Somewhere in the bayou," My eyes widens, and turns to Marcel, silently reminding him that I cannot step out of the Quarter cause of Davina's barrier to detain me.

Klaus' chuckles, must have noticing Marcel and I's eye conversation. "Don't fret, sweetheart, I know all about your dilemma with the little witch,"

"Which is why, I told Davina to finally put it down,"

Without thinking, I rush out of their sight, running fast, dashing to the woods and avoiding the branches. It would be a great risk to be seen by humans. As I ran, fallen leaves crunch loudly below my feet, my hair blows at my back wildly as the gust of air hit my exposed shoulders. The velocity of my feet getting faster and faster as I slowly reach my freedom. I dodge tree after tree, as I breath unevenly, the need to catch my breath greater by the second. Although, I do not stop, I move my feet rapidly as the street from outside reaches my sight. I almost ceased to believe it but it was just there, - right in front of me.  All I have to do is-

A scream ripped through my lungs, as I cradle my head on my hands. It hurts, like a million knives stabbing through my brain, hammering on it mercilessly. An earsplitting sound tears through my ears. "Ah!" I shout, attempting to numb the pain by pressing pressure on my temples but it's no use.

I try to get out of the pain and suck it up but every time I move, it get worse.

I did the thing I never thought I would.

I went back. I raced into the woods, it felt like I've been running eternity , but slowly and surprisingly, the immense torture faded. 

What the hell was that?

I touch a tree trunk and lean myself on it, still chasing my breath. I shut my eyes in attempt to relax. I began breathing normally and heard faint heartbeats I try to run to it but a strong tight grip on my shoulder restrained me and slammed my body on a tree. A pair of blue eyes met mine and she took a step back.

"What the bloody hell happened to you?" Rebekah questions, looking down at my clothes. I copy her action and make a face of digust. My clothes are smudged with dirt, same with my hair.

"I've been asking myself same question for the passed minutes," I pant. Rebekah removes her hand from my shoulders.

"What are you doing here, then?"

"I- I don't even know where here is," I look around but it seems like it's the same ones I've ran into.

Rebekah scans my face for a short while before speaking, "You're in the bayou, how-"

"-If you are to ask me another question; please don't. I literally have no idea what just happened," I interrupt. We observe each other briefly, Rebekah stares directly at my face as though she wants to tell me something.

"Rebekah!" A far cry echoes through the trees. "What happened- Oh. . ."

From a distance, emerges the familiar brunette wolf girl who I sort of saved- not really but eh. She walks closer to get a better view of both Rebekah and I. A jolt of adrenaline rabbles stingily against my body which I could not hold back. I detach myself from the tree I was resting on awhile ago and walk to the wolf. Rebekah grabs my arm, tugging at it slightly but to my and pretty much everyone's surprise, I managed to rip my arm away and wave her off.

"Hi . . ." The girl greets me, a little bit of awkwardness spread to the atmosphere.

"Hello," I greet "It's nice to finally meet you again, I'm Thea,"

My perky tone made me doubt for a mere second that I was the one who spoke. I cleared my throat and extend my hand for her to shake. She looks down at it skeptically, peaking her head to Rebekah as though she was asking if it was okay.

She complies and takes my hand shaking it, "Hayley," She introduces.

A sigh of relief lifts my heavy afflictions towards the fact that I have known about her for quite some time and I am just finding out about her name now.

"Fine, leave the witch to die," From the beginning it was vague, but soon enough it registered to my mind who was the speaker. I hear something inside of me insisting to kill her. A part of me wished it wasn't her and I was just hallucinating, but then again,

I was wrong.

"Sophie Devereaux," I snarl loudly, despite of her shock filled aspects, I lunge at her and push her down the ground, a hand of mine pressed down her throat. "You've chosen a beautiful place to die," She starts coughing wildly but before I could make my next move, I was thrown harshly, landing on the leafy grounds.

" Ah, so we do know one another." Rebekah looks alternately between the three of us. I noticed both Hayley and Sophie rubbing their throats. "Anyone want to explain how?"

The curiosity instantly faded and is replaced by a rush of anger. "She had me kidnaped!" I growl intently, Sophie flinches at my sound booming voice. I stood up, dusting my clothes off. I raise my head to see Rebekah tilting her head questioning my sudden outburst, but I continued. "She incoherently forced me to come to this- this city, thinking I could help her overcome something that clearly doesn't concern me," I say, glaring at the dark haired witch who wobbles uncomfortably, obviously horrified.

"I- I thought you were a witch," She defends softly.

An air of sinister laugh frees itself from my mouth, "So you decided to randomly call me and drag me to your problems?" I asked "How selfish and desperate you are," I ready my feet to run at the Devereaux witch but again, Rebekah's hand collides on my arm, pulling me back with her vampire strength.  

"Stop it, you can't kill her. Hayley and her are linked, Sophie dies then-"

"- You linked yourself to a pregnant girl?" I scoff, the tips of my fingers aching with the desire to tear the witch apart. "And here I thought you couldn't be more pathetic,"

"It's either you shut up or I'll shut it for you, Alethea," Rebekah warns "We're busy, we don't have time for this,"

"Doing what exactly?" I ask curiously, stepping closer to the three of them.

"It's none-"

"- We're trying to find out who or what killed the bunch of witches who tried to kill me a yesterday," Hayley interrupts Rebekah and answers. I think she's just returning the favor of me being nice to her on our first meeting. She ignore the original's glare, "Do you wanna help out?- I mean it's fine if you don't- "

"- No, she doesn't, right, Alethea?" Rebekah says through gritting teeth but I wave her off and nod my head,

"Sure, Klaus and Marcel aren't the best company, so it's nice to hang around girls once in a while. Even if some of us want to murder each other," I emphasize some words, making sure Sophie and Rebekah.

"Great let's go," Hayley smiles up at me warmly and motion for us to follow.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Sophie, Rebekah, Hayley and I continue to walk around the woods of the Bayou to look for the dead witches.

"So, this Harvest thingy-- tell me more," Rebekah suddenly ask someone, which I later realized it was Sophie.

"Klaus said to wait,"

Although I was looking at the ground, watching for my steps, I knew Rebekah was annoyed, "Yes. He also said to stay out of the bayou and yet here we are, amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures,"

On cue, a fly, strangely a little bigger than a normal one, buzzes past my ear, I swing my hand to the side to swat it away, "Buzzy and annoying. Anyway, What the heck is the harvest? Because, I for one hate being out of the loop. So if I am to spend another week here- I hope not - might as well know something," I huff, even more irritated because they didn't get a chance to answer me because of Hayley,

"We're here," She says.

Immediately, the smell of gore finds its way into my nostrils, however, it wasn't the kind of blood I get on a daily basis. It had a horrible scent, due to the fact that it was left overnight.

"Even though I'm a vampire who's around blood most of the time, there is no  that this is absolutely disgusting," I say, holding my breath for a second and slowly exhaling.

Bodies with a dismembered head beside each one. Besides the smell of blood, comes with rotten flesh. They were all torn apart and what ever did this, was no advocate of mercy.

Sophie, who looks sick, kneels down to dig around her bag for some herbs.

"What are you doing?" I asked, standing beside her.

"I need to consecrate them, even if they kinda tried to kill me too, they're still witches," I look down at her for awhile , imagining the ways I could kill her; very slowly and painfully. I smirk at the small daydream going on inside my head, however, Hayley's voice shook me out of it,

"Whoa," She had her eyes trailing to the ground, seeming to be observing something. I approach her and soon enough, Rebekah and Sophie followed.

A huge paw-print in the mud. In a nearby tree, there are three bloody scratches in the bark, made me crease my brows.

"Is that a wolf track?" Sophie asks, before anyone can open their mouth, we hear the sound of crunching leaves, caused by heavy footsteps, nearing us.

"Who's there?" Rebekah calls out at the intruder. A man approaching us seemed to be looking for something but when his eyes landed on Rebekah, he panicked

"What the hell? An original with the killer?" I scoff, a bit tired of the nicknames they throw. He rushed away before any of us had time to contemplate what was happening.

Our slow brains looked like it got struck by thunder, began making sense again.

"Marcel's informant," I muse casually, "Well, now you're screwed," I went to chuckle but their hard glares deepen through, as if killing me with them. I put my hands up in defense, and crossed it back to my chest but a smirk can't help but appear on my lips.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I trace my hand lightly on the gigantic paw prints drawn on the mud. "I thought it wasn't a full moon last night. . ." It was a whisper that only I could hear as though I was asking myself, thinking that I could've been bitten due to my very so often busy mind, almost the weight is pressing through my shoulders.

"I have to go, Klaus needs me," Rebekah announces, I having to notice just now that she already here whilst she was talking to Klaus earlier. "Whatever you do, don't get bitten by wolves, Nik's going to have my head on a silver platter,"

"I'm sure he doesn't mind me withering away," I mutter, only for Rebekah to hear and look towards my direction on where I was crouched down. For a second I thought I saw sympathy in them but maybe I am just imagining things.

She doesn't respond and dashes away. "Are you done?" I asked Sophie dully , who was still consecrating her fellow witches. She wipes a stray sweat running down her forehead and nods, muttering a yes as she collected her things and stands. I let them walk before myself, going their way home.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"So. . . How do you know Rebekah?" Hayley suddenly asks. Must be the fact that we've been quiet for a good ten minutes.

I huff out a bitter laugh, but not too obvious for them. "We go way back, although, too much has happened that I can't even put it shortly," I answer vaguely, glancing up at Hayley, she just nods and didn't ask questions furthermore.

Deep inside, I knew to myself that being too long is not the problem of my denial to the words of my past, but it was too painful to be said again. Was not sure if it will pass my lips again nor I will ever reveal it to anyone but myself and the people included. Simply because I am having a hard time to believe their saying that it's better to open up to someone than keep it locked to yourself.

If I tell anyone, what will they say?

Surely they'll turn away and whisper my sins to another. So that cycle goes on and on until every supernatural being knows me as a liar and a traitor.

But how about the others that played a part in that particular event? It wouldn't be fair if I tell mine and they keep theirs? Just another to add up to their long list of cruelty.

"Hayley, has Elijah been returned to home yet?" The question spills out of my mouth accidentally and I swallow the lump building up behind my throat.

"I- uh no, not really, Marcel still has him," She smiles, a binge of sadness glimmers in her eyes and seems to be out taken by my pushy question. Her heart beats irregularly, looking very uncomfortable.

"Do you miss him?" Her eyes snap up at me, widened. I stare at her intently. How could she be so attached to someone she barely even know, I thought.

"We all do. Rebekah, me and Klaus. It's been a while and he was really the only one I could talk to without calling my baby terrifying nicknames," She laughs softly, as though she was reliving a memory. It made my frown falter a little. Even the slightest kindness shown to her, she was truly grateful.

I simply loop a side smile in return saying, "Tell Klaus I'm still stuck," Hayley looks at me confused as expected. "Trust me, he'll understand," I wink as she smiles and makes her way inside the mansion.

"Hmm, mind telling me more about this so called harvest?"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

I walked back with Sophie to Rousseau's bar. Since the moment she saw me, she wasn't acting the same. I wonder if it's fear or something else.

She unlocks the door and extends her hand, gesturing for me to come in. When I did, she closed the door behind her and turned towards me, absolutely frightened as ever. Her face paled and her fingers along with her hands are trembling.

I stare at her, beginning to be slightly concerned, because it looked like she was going to faint.

"Hello? Earth to Sophie?" I wave my hand slowly in front of her face and started snapping my fingers. Still unmoving, she whispers,

"I- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"- What the heck are you talking about?" My worry increases as her shaking worsen.

She muffles something, almost I couldn't hear. But then when I realized what it was, I fucking ran to the plantation house. 

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

THIRD PERSON

Elijah has returned and his younger siblings are beyond delighted. Although, Rebekah couldn't avoid the sharp nudging behind her head that she failed to tell him something that would erupt nothing but anger in him.

She have never, in her whole life seen Elijah so betrayed. . . Until that night, that is.

Someone's hand lands on her shoulder, causing her body to flinch a bit. Hayley's eyes fills with confusion but She flashed a reassuring smile and a small nod.

Elijah has gathered his siblings and Hayley in the study, explaining what had had learned from Davina at the time he was there.

"Eight months ago, Sophie Deveraux and her sister Jane-Anne lost everything. Now, four months after that, a young pregnant girl wanders into their restaurant. Suddenly, all hope is renewed. Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister can use you to find Davina. If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we'd come here to wage a war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece to life, Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone," He says, stood behind the wooden desk. Every diverting to each of them carefully.

Ding

Ding

Ding

The sound of Rebekah's phone, echoes to the quieted room. Again and again, a message pops up.

"Rebekah, we need to talk," Was written on the first one.

"Like, now."

"I'm outside the mansion, if you don't get your ass out here, I'll have to ruin your magnificent door."

The last message stuck astonishment inside Rebekah. Fearing of the results to Elijah seeing Thea wouldn't be so pleasing as it sounds. It would be an absolute nightmare.

"Rebekah, are you alright?" Comes Elijah's anxious tone, She look up to see him and the others looking at her but for different reasons.

"Fine. Just need a little fresh air," However, Elijah was doubtful but the youngest original was gone before he could interfere.

Outside, stood Thea's impatient figure, picking the right size of stone to throw to the nicely built door and make an amazing entrance. But a hand clamped on her mouth, resulting to her squirming. In a gush of wind, she was pressed against a tree and her mouth was uncovered.

Rebekah stood in front of her worriedly. "Have you gone mad?" Rebekah hissed at the brunette vampire.

Thea glared at the Original before saying, "Yes, Rebekah, I have," She starts sarcastically but a part of her knew she was serious. "That is why I came here to tell you-"

"Rebekah?"

Electric waves scattered through both Rebekah and Thea when they heard the voice of whom was behind them. Both girls shut their eyes, silently praying it wasn't happening.

No no no no . . .

Rebekah repeats in her head, but Thea seemed to have given up on the thought of pretending that person isn't there. The only thing that was blocking him from Thea's view was Rebekah's body.

Thea rolled her eyes mentally at the stupid action she was about to display, despite the burning sensation seeping into her veins, she cleared her throat and stepped aside, bewilderment caused Rebekah to snap her eyes open, later turning horrified.

However, this doesn't stop Thea. She stepped to the side, not being shielded by the female original anymore, she looks up to the man that made her what she currently is. The man she thought was different. The man had been avoiding.

The original vampire who showed her that the world was a tainted disdained clutter.

"Elijah," Thea acknowledged, pressing through her teeth in an exceptional anger boosting up her soul and confidence. Saying Elijah wasn't at the same rage level as Thea was will definitely be a lie. "It's been too long," Thea feigns sadness, pouting mockingly. 

The eldest Mikaelson clenched his fists until they turned into an abnormally white shade. He hasn't felt this kind of exasperation in a very long period of time and as much as he wanted to control it, seething along his bones were an indescribable feeling he couldn't hold in chains. Thea thought that what she must be feeling earlier when she saw Sophie, is what Elijah is going through right now. But Elijah's zeal to somehow kill her would be most of what she's concerned about.

A single word didn't leave Elijah's mouth. He just saw Thea as nothing but a threat- or was. This doesn't cease his worries and before anyone can intake another filter of oxygen, Thea's body was pressed harshly on the tree trunk.

Thea didn't regard the splinters wildly
pricking into her back. Elijah's eyes started to change it's color, from his usual brown eyes to dark red ones. Veins popping out under them. Thea held on to the tree trunk, suppressing every ounce agitation that was trying to free itself from her dungeon filled with emotions that she had locked away for almost her entire life.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't dispatch you right now," Elijah says, tediously as his fingers placed great pressure on Thea's throat.

Regardless, Thea laughs but not a joyous laugh. It was out of resentfulness. Luckily, Elijah loosened his grip on her neck. She groans throatily, looking directly at the original's eyes and fighting through his bile stare with her own overflowing ire.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm already dead,"

Hayley comes out of the mansion holding onto Klaus for support as she coughed violently, a hand rubbing on her throat.

"Look what you've done! You almost killed a pregnant lady!" Thea faked disappointment, tilting her head to the side to get a better look of Hayley.

"What?" Rebekah asks Thea, creasing eyebrows.

"I'm linked to Hayley,"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Yes! Chapter Eight! Anywho, I hope you liked Thea and Elijah's first meeting (In a long time) Soon enough I will reveal what happened between them but slowly. I don't want to rush anything. All in due time, my lovelies :) As always, I hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to vote, comment and/or share!

-sevensnowflakes
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.8K 13
Brought back by an old foe, Rhiannon meets the rest of her family, along with seeing her mother again. She makes the best of her situation, admiring...
221K 6.9K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
988 24 22
97.8K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...