Mythical War

By CatesPencil

Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Et... More

Book 1: Mythical Academy
Chapter 1: Chained like a Pet
Chapter 2: Master
Chapter 3: New Relationships
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: A Blade and Blizzard
Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish
Chapter 9: High School Drama
Chapter 10: Popular Break
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Pain
Chapter 12: Demontica
Chapter 13: The Biggest Lie
Chapter 14: Village Battle
Chapter 15: Twisted
Chapter 16: Comfort
Chapter 17: The Knowing Stress
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: The Cliff
Chapter 20: Secret Kisses
Chapter 21: The Pet Act
Chapter 22: The Mythicals
Chapter 23: Family War
Chapter 24: Demon Protector
Chapter 25: Who am I?
Chapter 26: Plans
Chapter 27: Phoenix
Chapter 28: Connected
Chapter 29: Back Together
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince

2K 126 2
By CatesPencil

Hey guys!! The next chapter!!! It slowly is leaving the 'weird beginning stage' that this book started in!

The next chapter will be posted this week!!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sigh, looking at the bathtub nervously. I haven't taken a good bath in ages. And what if the Prince filled the water with poison? I was also now in my naked human form which was awkward.

Mindy, when I did finally transform, was shocked that I turned out to be an actual girl. She also didn't stop complimenting on how gorgeous I was and how she loved my multicolored hair and golden eyes. I then freaked her out when my eyes turned back to their human version of blue.

"Cate! Get in!" She ushers me. I freeze; Kate was my mother's name and the two sound very alike.

Mindy's features instantly soften even more, realizing her mistake based on my memories, "I'm sorry Catelyn, but come on, time to get in."

I nod my head and slowly slip into the warm water. My muscles instantly relax and I close my eyes in pleasure. Mindy laughs before washing my hair. She let me wash my own body in peace before making me turn dragon.

She they began to groom me like a spoiled horse. Not that I minded the underneath of my scales being cleaned. Afterwards, I turn back human and she quickly dries me off. My bed was now made, probably by one of the servants, and a gorgeous silk black dress was lying on the bed. I frown at it; however. It was very revealing with an open back and it only went down a little higher than the knees. It was also a very tight dress, probably made to hug my curves tightly.

I look at Mindy, questioningly. She shrugs her shoulders in response, saying that the Prince wanted me to wear that when I met him as a human.

"How about my cousins?" I ask as Mindy begins to put on my dress. I was wondering about my family.

Mindy pauses in her talk of how the castle is run, which was what she was talking about during all of bath time. It was a basic structure but what surprised me was that the prince only hired mythicals. The nobles that lived near the castle were human and believed all of his staff to be human. However, it turns out he takes non-broken mythicals and hires or buys them to work in the castle. He didn't approve of the mythical training and pet-making for he himself was a mythical; however, his family did and the tradition continued.

Mindy sighs dreamily, "Well the brunette, I think Alex?"

"Simon." I correct her.

"Ya Simon, he was made a guard. Guards work in pairs. One guard is always in their human form while the other is in animal form, acting like a pet, or guardian. Since he is still a new but strong guard, he was made as a 'pet' leopard for one of the top guards."

I notice Mindy zone off dreamily before smirking, "Do you like my cousin?"

"What? Oh! Oh.. no! No no no... No..." She says too quickly.

I smirk up at her, noticing her blush but stay silent.

"How about Alex? The blonde twin?" I ask her.

"Oh him! He became one of the main protectors for Prince Morris' younger sister for he also proved his strength quite nicely. Her name is Amanda. She is really nice and is only sixteen years old. She is actually a fairy. Which works for Prince Morris is a wizard and often helps her with her magic. I am her personal maid, and now yours also."

I nod my head. "How... Is she? Like personality wise?"

Mindy looks up, thinking, "Well, she is very quiet, but if you anger her she will explode on you. She is very immune to flirting and will often snap at guards who try to woo her. She is very smart too, I have a feeling you two will bond marvelously once you meet each other."

I laugh lightly, "No! I'm not worried about myself. I was worrying about Alex; he is a very big flirter."

Mindy smirks, "Well, he will be in for a surprise."

We both laugh lightly before a loud knock sounds at my door. Mindy quickly finishes zipping up my dress before opening the door.

A tall guard in silver armor stood at the doorway with a chocolate werewolf at his side in wolf form.

The guard says strictly, "The prince wants his pet immediately."

I sigh and walk over to Mindy. Both the guard and werewolf tense, and stare at me for a few seconds.

I snap my fingers in front of the guards masked face, "Well?! The Prince isn't getting any older."

That brings both mythicals out of their daze. Apparently, they were surprised at my looks, only remembering me as a furious large dragon.

Mindy hides her laugh by covering her mouth with her hand. I can't help but smirk as slight annoyance reaches both guards' features at my commanding tone.

"This way," the human guard commands and begins to walk away. The wolf then follows his 'master', walking side-by-side with him. I follow them. As we make our way through the long complicated hallways of the grand castle, more and more guards with their 'pets' began to trail behind me.

I had about ten guards encircling me, not including the guardians/pets by their sides.

"Can I please pass through? I want to see my brother's chosen pet." A soft, caring voice asks the leading guard.

The guard answers something back which wasn't the answer the girl wanted. "Please? If my brother does anything, I will immediately put the blame on myself. I promise."

The guard pauses before letting the female through, "Alright Princess Amanda, but only a bit."

The guards move aside letting Princess Amanda, Prince Morris' sister through.

When she finally makes it through the guards, to say I was awed at her beauty was an understatement. Princess Amanda was small; she had waist long wavy white blonde hair. Her crystal blue eyes sparkled like sapphires. Her light blue dress hugged her small figure nicely, showing she had a good figure. I defiantly contrasted her. She had soft curves, while I had bold curves with many other small curves that showed I was muscular. My hair was black with streaks of gold and my blue eyes were bold and dominant while hers were soft and sparkly. She was a princess, but the way she held herself, she earned my respect.

She gasps lightly as she sees me, before squealing, shaking her hands and running up at me, tackling me into a hug.

I tense in surprise as the guards around me show amusement in their eyes. I hug her back uncomfortably, before pulling away.

She flashes me a big smile grabbing onto my shoulders. She was just 5'1 while I was 5'7, so it was a little awkward. "Ohmygosh! You are so pretty!" She lifts up my arm, "And strong too! And a dragon?! Where did my brother find you!! Oh you will be perfect for him! Is your hair natural?"

I nod my head and she squeals more. She then takes a deep breath, and takes a step back, calming herself. When she opens her eyes her big smile was there, but her hyper energy minimized. She sticks out her hand, "My name is Princess Amanda Morris. But you can call me Amanda!"

I can't help the smile that crawls up to my lips. Though I was mortified at the weird reaction that she had when she saw me, she seemed like a fun person. Not exactly what I expected when Mindy described her. "I'm Catelyn." I say, taking her hand and shaking it.

Something bumps her rear and she flips around, "Don't do that again! Now go see your cousin!!!"

She steps sideways revealing a light-colored large lion with green eyes. "Alex!" I yip in excitement and rush over to him. I fall onto my knees, hugging him tightly around his neck. He nuzzles me with his large head, his blonde locks tickling my face.

I pull back, feeling my eyes water that he was okay. The amusement I saw back home was playing in his eyes as we connect mentally.

"Hey there Catie Cat." He purrs mentally.

I laugh at the nickname, "Hey there snowy." He growls playfully, I used to tease him all the time because of that name when we were younger. "How are you doing?" I ask. He licks my face and I laugh, understanding that that meant all good.

I ruffle his large mane, "That's good. You know how Simon is doing?"

Alex nods his large lion head, "Ya! He is doing good! He lives with me in the same huge luxury room with like four other animal transformers. All those dudes are awesome. The Prince seems great."

I scoff, rolling my eyes, before mentally responding, "I don't agree with you on that but now I am on my way to meet him."

Alex looks me up and down playfully, "Make sure to make him feel good, cause with those looks, you will get every man on their knees for you."

I shove him back, laughing lightly, "You are gross Alex."

He grins stupidly as I stand up. He then takes his place next to Amanda and she pets his large head. His eyes close under her touch and I flash him a smirk as his eyes open again. His eyes widen, realizing that now I have another thing to tease him by.

"Princess Amanda, we must go now." A guard says sternly.

Amanda nods her head before hugging me one more time, "Nice meeting you!" She skips off with Alex happily at her heels. How did she tame Alex so easily? It's only been like one day!

"Lets go." The leading guard commands and we were on our way towards where ever the Prince was.

We stop at two large double doors.

I raise my eyebrow, "Aren't we going in?"

The guards remain solemn but the leading guard answers. "No. When the prince feels like opening the door, he will. Until then, we wait."

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms but listening. After five minutes I groan, "That's it!"

I easily slip through the guards all of them yelping in surprise as I pass them and trying to catch me. They all miss of course.

I push open the two doors confidently, but also angrily at being made to wait for the Prince called for ME. It's not like I wanted to see him.

He was standing behind a desk, looking out of a full-wall window that showed a large forest with mountains in the background.

He turns around and looks between me who was furious with my arms crossed, to the guards who were paling by the second.

He, without looking at me, asks him guards, "Who is this?"

My mouth drops, he was in my room not too long ago!

"You--!!" Then I realize he did never see me in my human form.

His cold silver eyes snap to me, looking me up and down. I'm sure he liked what he saw, but being that I was just another female probably trying to get into his pants (thanks to the dress HE gave me), he did not care. "Can I help you?"

My eyes narrow and my lips curl up, showing my fangs.

Realization flashes in his eyes and he looks towards his guards. "You may leave; my pet is saving your arses, for it was her fault." The guards quickly listen, shutting the heavy doors behind them.

The Prince then looks to me and smirks, "Hello my pet, enjoying your time here?"

My eyes flash gold from the nickname of 'pet'.

The Prince's smirk deepens more, "Don't like the nickname of pet? How about Kitten? It matches your name of Catelyn quite nicely and sounds better than Cat."

I tense and growl, "How do you know my name?"

The Prince smiles and then disappears. He reappears behind me and I tense as his fingers skim the back of my neck. "You told me a lot, Kitten, when I tagged you."

"T-tagged me?" I ask, my voice stammering from his soft touch that caused tingles to run through me, again.

"Yes, I had my symbol tattooed into you so you cannot leave me until it disappears."

My eyes widen in fear, if he tagged me, it means I will never ever be able to leave his side.

I flip around, my blue eyes catching his silver ones. "You, kitten, are mine for the next year and there is nothing you can do about it." He sneers proudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1.3K 30
"I'm different. I have snowy owl wings sprouting out of my back, a magical color changing eyes, sharp fangs with clear dripping poison, a quiet, timi...
126K 8.4K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
119 32 32
A world at war . . . Two rivals for the throne . . . If chosen by the six magets, one will have the throne for their own . . . In the land of Magic...
17.4K 922 29
My eyes finally adjusted and I got a good look at the guy. Holy shit, he was HOT. He rivaled Lazarus, and that's saying a lot. He might even be mor...