Tangled Levine

By azaleavalentino

This is a fanfic about Adam Levine from Maroon 5. Adam meets Reece under crucial circumstances and gives her... More

PayPhone
Lost Stars
Give A Little More
This Love
Wake Up Call
Misery
Moves Like Jagger
Sugar
Epilogue
Author's Note And Cast

Won't Go Home Without You

84 6 2
By azaleavalentino

WON'T GO HOME WITHOUT YOU

Chapter 8

As the last song of the night ended the crowd erupted in cheers. It was a wonderful concert and I enjoyed every moment of it. Now I dreaded what was to come, I had to go backstage and introduce Adam to Mark and he would easily recognize him from the beach earlier.

My hands started getting clammy and I retracted my hand from Mark's.

"Let's go backstage" he yelled over the crowd, not noticing my pale face. He pulled me through the crowd and as we came near to the backstage enterance, I stopped walking pulling him to a halt.

"What's wrong? C'mon" he tried again.

"I'm feeling queasy" I told him with tears almost threatening to fall.

"Whoa, why are you crying?" he came closer to study my face.

"I can't go, I'm not feeling well" it was the truth, I felt like I was being weighed down by a thousand tons and I couldn't go through with the plan. I couldn't break anyone's heart tonight, it was too much for me.

"Please take me out of here" A tear rolled down my right cheek.

"Alright, just don't cry, we'll go home" He put an arm around me and pulled me closer to his side.

As we walked away from the venue, I felt awful. I was fighting an internal battle and I wanted to do the right thing, the rational thing but my heart was winning over my mind. All the things Adam did for me, I couldn't even repay him.

I quickly sent a text to Adam as Mark hailed a taxi for us.

Me: I'm sorry I can't see you tonight, the concert was lovely and I really enjoyed it. I was feeling a little queasy so I'm going back to the hotel.

I didn't get a reply back and I didn't expect to either. Adam must be busy with the fans and all and even if he read it I wouldn't expect him to reply to my rude behaviour. I knew that he was a nice person but I felt like I just kept pushing my luck with him. Heck, even I would be angry if someone did that to me.

My phone buzzed in my lap and my heart skipped a beat but when I saw the caller I.D, I felt a bit dissapointed but relieved at the same time. It was Becca calling. I knew why she was calling. She wanted to know if I had gone through with the plan, if I introduced Mark to Adam but I chickened out. I couldn't deal with her right now so I shut off my phone.

When we got back to the hotel, the first thing I did was hop in the shower. The warm water would help me clear my mind and calm me down. I wanted to just go to bed after the shower. My mind was so tired from all the drama lately in my life.

I changed into loose shorts and Mark's oversized T-shirt. I turned on my phone to see if Adam had left any messages. There were 5 messages from him and the last one made my heart leap in my throat. It read:

Adam the hot popstar: Reece please pick up your phone. I hope you're okay. I'm coming over to the hotel right now to check up on you.

He texted me that 5 minutes ago and it took 20 minutes to drive from the venue to the hotel if I was quick enough I could still stop him. I raced over to the balcony and hit the call button.

RING RING

RING RING

Please pick up.

RING RING

RING RI...

"Reece are you okay!? I'll be there in 10 minutes!" He spoke with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Adam please you don't need to come over. I'm totally fine, the phone's battery died so I couldn't answer you back. Really just go home and rest. I bet you're tired from the concert." I silently prayed that he would just turn around and go back.

There was a long pause on the other side. Then I heard him sigh.

"Okay you take care of yourself and rest well. I still want to see you though and I feel as if you're avoiding me."

"No it's not that, I'm deeply sorry about tonight if there's any way I can make it up to you I will"

"There is one way. There's a party tomorrow, my farewell party. If you're feeling well I would love for you to attend it. I'll send a car over at 8? How does that sound?"

"Uh yeah that sounds fine"

"Alright I'll be looking forward to it and don't miss it this time or I'll just drop by at the hotel"

"You little stalker" I joked.

He laughed and then we said our good byes.

I needed to call Becca. .......................................................................................

"So whom are we invited by again?" Mark asked me tying his tie in the mirror.

"The company who oragnized the Maroon 5 concert, I told you the people who paid for the VIP tickets were invited to this party since it's Maroon 5's last day in the U.S before they head off to Europe" I lied through my teeth.

"I still find it hard to believe"

"Well it's happening so you better believe it" I shifted from one foot to the other.

"Yeah well, I find it hard to believe that Becca would arrange all this just for us"

"Why? Becca loves us" My furrowed together in confusion.

"Yeah but you know her, she doesn't show it very much"

I shrugged in return and did a once over in the mirror. I was wearing a long royal blue gown which had a slit that went up to my thigh. It was backless and had sparkles at the hem. I had my hair curled up in a bun and paired the look with silver stilletoes. Adam told me it was something similar to a red carpet event and all the celebrities would be there. Mark was in a black tux with his hair gelled and combed back. He looked fine.

"All the ladies would be all over you, I might get a little jealous" I teased.

"Well if any guy comes close to you I might just rip his eyes out" he stared into my eyes.

"Don't be so morbid"

"It's true, I love you Reece it's the night of our anniversary. I don't want anything to ruin it" He seriously told me.

I gulped at his serious tone and I suddenly felt suffocated by his words.

"Happy anniversay" I gave him a tight lipped smile and grabbed my clutch ready to head out.

Just as Adam stated it, there was a long black limo, with tinted windows waiting for us at the doors. I stepped in and was awed by the interior. It had chocolate brown leather seats and our very own MINI BAR! It sparked up a memory in my mind.

"Remember when we hired a limo for our prom!" I squeezed Mark's arm with excitement.

"Yeah it was shitty" he laughed at the memory.

"But that night was perfect" I sighed, "I can't believe it's been 5 years"

"Get ready for many more to come babe" He grinned.

"Oh stop it you're too old to be cheesy!" I joked.

We laughed all the way reminiscing about highschool and talking about all the things. I realized I only enjoyed this limo and the concert because I had Mark in my life, I knew he loved me and I loved him. Though all this luxury felt nice but if I didn't have someone to go back home to knowing that he would always be there then I would have that over this anytime. I knew what I had to do.

For that I needed a little alcohol in my system. .....................................................................................

I giggled at something Mark said and wobbled out of the limo. So maybe I had a couple of drinks on the way. Okay maybe alot of drinks but I needed that for courage. Or atleast that's what I thought so.

"Hey I think we are at the wrong party. Hey LIMO GUY COME BACK!" I shouted at the retreating limo in my tipsy state.

"Reece get a grip on yourself, people will think you're weird" he whispered.

"Im not weird, I'm just limited edition" I pouted.

"Are you sure this was the address though?" he asked me.

"That's the address but I didn't know it was to a YACHT!" I wobbled forward with my 6" heels. Mark trailed behind me.

We stepped on the yacht and even though we weren't moving, I felt the yacht tip to the side. I grabbed onto the railing. I could see people cladded in expensive clothing holding wine glasses. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Ma.." I turned around to see his handsome face and all my previous confidence washed away. I couldn't tell him.

"Adam!" that's all I could manage to choke out.

"You look stunning" He leaned down and kissed my cheek and I took in a whiff of his cologne. It was intoxicating. He was beautiful with his perfect chiseled jaw and sharp features. My eyes trailed down to his luscious lips.

Snap yourself out of this trance Reece! Do not make the same mistake again! I blinked my eyes rapidly and looked away.

"You look a little pale but I'm glad you made it" he smiled at me.

"You didn't tell me that the party was on a yacht. Is it yours?" I slurred a little.

"Are you intoxicated?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"By you, yes" I shook my head and a giggle escaped my lips.

"Yeap you are" he confirmed, a hint of smile playing on his lips.

I looked around for any sign of Mark but he seemed to have disappeared. That's odd.

"You came here alone?"

"No, I think I might have lost my friend"

"We'll look for your friend later, must be enjoying the party. Come along now" he grabbed my hand and we weaved through people chattering amongst themselves.

I swear I saw Miley Cyrus there! It could have been the alcohol playing tricks on my mind too.

I wanted to tell Adam but he kept introducing me to different people from record producers to famous singers. I wish I wasn't so drunk then I could have properly met them.

"Adam we need to talk" I blurted out without thinking.

"Yeah?"

I gulped and opened my mouth to say something but everything around me seemed to have started spinning. I put a hand to my head and tried to steady myself.

"I-I need fresh air"

He let me on to the deck and the cold breeze hit my bare arms causing goosebumps all over my skin. I shivered and Adam being the gentleman put his coat around me.

"Thanks" I muttered.

The fresh breeze and the calm water made me relax a little until I remembered what I had to do.

"Listen I.."

"I want you to come with me on the tour!" He cut me off.

He really should stop cutting me off.

"WHAT?!"

"I want you to come with me to Europe" he explained more slowly.

"I don't know what to say" I put a hand to my head. This was getting more difficult by the second.

"Look at me" he grabbed both of my arms, "I have it all figured out."

Well, that makes one of us.

"It's just for a few months and I have everything arranged. All you need to do is say yes" He looked at me with such hopeful eyes that I thought I would crack under pressure any minute.

"That's easier said than done" I wiggled myself out of his grasp. "Here's the thing..."

Before I could say anything else I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. It was like I was under some sort of daze, unable to move but then I realized that he was kissing me. His cologne filled my nose and I couldn't resist kissing him back. With my thoughts all cloudy and alcohol in my system a small moan escaped my lips and he took it as a cue to deepen it. It was getting a little too intense so I pulled back for oxygen. We were both out of breath, the calm night filled with our ragged breathing. I lightly shoved him away and steadied myself to think clearly. This was so not meant to happen.

"This was a mis..." I started.

"There you are!" I turned to look at who interrupted me even though I had a hunch about whom that voice belonged to.

Mark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.2K 34
Lena Marks met Maroon 5 front man, Adam Levine, in a club 14 years ago when she was 18 and he was 20. They spent one night together, and in the morni...
32K 636 37
Brynn is your average small town girl. After college she makes the bold decision to move to Los Angeles. Her dreams of being an actress and a singer...
55.6K 938 38
This story is RATED R! So if you're easily offended just don't read it! Everything is completely FICTION!! What Really Happened with Christina and...
40.9K 1.1K 32
Adam Levine, a wannabe rock star looking for a girl a every turn. He's got his whole life ahead of him, and with his best friend Hope and bandmates b...