SoMa One Shots

By arsenic-

So these are one shots of Soul and Maka. Some will be from my head and some will be inspired by others. Also... More

High School Crush
Cinnamon
Staring
Ties
Marry You?
Chickity
Brand
My Immortal
The Green and Black Blade
Field Day
Angel
Girly
Beach Day
Wrap up?
You Act So Different Around Me
Dares
What Liz Thinks of Soma
Authors Note
Partner, Roommate, and Best Friend
Bars
I Do As I'm Told
Ruined Wedding
I'm Saying I Love You
Strawberry Ice Cream
Authors Note
Bottle
Gods
Oh My Lord
Graduation
Seeing the Unexpected

Business

311 13 12
By arsenic-

Soul stared lazily at the computer screen. He brought his hand up and dragged it across his face. He'd been working for hours, being the boss of his company and everything. He rolled back in his roller chair as a slight knock came from behind the door.

"Yeah?"

"Mr. Evans?" A voice called from the other side. A girl, mid-twenties, walked in holding two cups of coffee. "I brought you a cup of coffee, no sugar."

"How did you know?" He smirked at her before she giggled and handed him a mug. The intern started for the door as she sipped her coffee. "Hey-" He motioned for her.

"Maka." She gave him a sweet smile.

"-Maka, I'd like to know if you'd want to go get some lunch with me. There's a coffee shop down the street. We've both been working hard and I need a unrelated work topic to talk about. Plus, i'll repay you for getting my drink." He holds up the cappuccino. The blonde looks like she's thinking if its safe, after all, she only just met him, even is he was her boss.

"Alright. Let me just grab my purse-"

"I'm paying."

"It's no trouble, it's only lunch."

"Nah, its cool. I got it." Soul insisted. He grabbed his wallet and keys. The intern walked behind Soul as they exited the building. She walked close behind him all the way to the restaurant, like she was scared or something.

Maka wasn't scared, she just felt safe close to her boss. Weird, huh? When they walked in the waitress smiled and asked how many.

"Two." Replied Soul. She nodded and grabbed two menu's.

"Follow me." She glided across the restaurant, which was surprising packed. Its about two so why is it so crowded? Usually people eat around noon.

Soul sat at the both across from Maka. They both scanned the menu's and ordered some drinks.

"So, Maka, right?" She nodded. "Tell me about yourself."

"Oh well right now i'm working on-" Soul chuckled.

"No, like you. Like your likes, dislikes, are you single? Are you taken? Are you married? Kids?" Maka giggled as Souls smirked and leaned back.

"Well I love to read, mainly at night and sometimes between breaks. I hate feet," she made a face, "and yeah, i'm single. Not married and no kids." She giggled. The waiter came back with their drinks and asked what they would like to eat. They both ordered a ham sandwich, Maka had mayo while Soul got ketchup.

"Well sometimes I like to play the piano." Maka leaned in, intrigued. "I don't really like indoors, rather be outside, ironic right?"She giggled. "Single, not married, no kids." Maka smiled and sipped her water.

The pair walked out of the restaurant, chatting about themselves, and exchaging numbers, just in case. They played games like would you rather and other childish games. When they arrived at the office Maka let out a sigh. She didn't want this day to end. It had been really fun with Soul.

"I should get back to work." She walked to her cubical. "Thanks for the really fun time, Mr. Evans."

"Please, Soul." He put up his hand as if saying stop. Maka giggled before turning into her cubicle and starting her work.

Soul walked into his office and sang a little. He hummed the words and mouthed the lyrics and occasionally let his voice shine. He didn't sing much but he was so happy after his lunch break. He flopped on his roller chair and spun it around to face the computer. His heart was still doing back flips from the lunch break. "Damn she was so cute." Soul said aloud. "Oh, well, it's just business." Soul thought as he leaned back. It's not like they would get close or anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul turned off his computer, the bright light slowly dimming. He grabbed his brief case and headed for the door, switching off the light switch. Soul walked past the rows of desks and stopped at a certain cubicle. There she sat, typing away at the computer. She sipped her cappuccino and glared at the screen. She fidgeted, signally she was tired and uncomfortable.

"Don't stay to late." Soul yawned. Maka turned to see her boss began for the door.

"I won't, don't worry."

"Streets aren't safe at night." He teased her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She waved her hand at him not breaking the contact with the computer screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka watched as the last bus left without her. "Shit, this day went from great to bad within hours." There wasn't another bus for an hour, every hour on the hour. It was midnight and she didn't like the idea she was alone, in a pantsuit, on the street.

Maka turned her heel and started her walk home. It was only a few miles, no biggie. It was quiet at least. There were no cars or buses or anything on the street. Some street lights flickered and Maka's heels echoed down the street. The dark shadows engulfed Maka's shoes as she turned a corner. It had been a long day and all Maka wanted to do was curl up on her couch with a book in hand.

As she continued down this dark path walk she heard some footsteps behind her. They were boots, defiantly, and thudded against the hard stone. The boots would kick some rocks as they traveled closer to Maka. The emerald eyed worker turned to see a familiar face, a co-worker on the seventh floor. Maka worked on the eighth floor, along with Soul's office being a couple cubicles away from hers. His name, she thinks, is Grinko. He was muscular, somewhat, and had pointy teeth. She heard he had worked in a chainsaw factory when he was only eight.

Grinko continued to tail Maka as she walked down the dark path. She took a few extra turns just to see if he was following her. He followed. She didn't think nothing of it at first because he was a co-worker but now, everywhere Maka would step Grinko would follow. Maka started to pick up her pace, trying to not seem anxious. She continued to pick up her pace until she saw a light illuminating from a store. A store open at one in the morning? Well, it was safety.

Maka walked into the store and ducked her head. She watched from behind a wall of sweets as Grinko stopped in front of the store and pulled out his phone. He tried to act casual as he kept his eyes on the store and tapped his index finger on his phone. The cashier watched as Maka fumbled with some of the sweets as she tried to not look suspicious. She picked up some M&M's and fumbled for some money in her purse. Maka then found her phone, lying on the top of the purse, beckoning for her to call for help. Normally Maka would handle problems in a snap but she was scared and it was late.

"Pick up the phone, Tsubaki." She whispered into the receiver as the phone rang. The ringing rang a few more times till Tsubaki 's voice erupted from the speaker. "Tsubaki-"

"Hi! You've reached Tsubaki's phone. Leave a message and -" Maka closed the phone between Tsubaki's voicemail. Who was she going to call now? It's almost 12:30, who would pick up?

Maka paced around the store, grabbing some snacks, pretending to want to buy them. Its 12:43 and Grinko was still outside, now with another co-worker of hers, Justin Law. They stood under a streetlight, talk about creepy, and eyed the store longingly. Maka's anxiety continued to grow as they stood outside deciding either to come and get her or wait longer.

Maka fidgeted with her phone. She's called Tsubaki three times now. She couldn't call the cops, Grinko and Justin weren't doing anything, could they get in trouble for stalking? Probably, but Maka was to scared to do anything. Her mind boggled with wondering and anxiety. Maka then thought of something she thought she wouldn't have to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul rolled over in his bed as his phone vibrated. Its 12:50 at night, who could be calling? He checked the screen, going blind as the light hit his eyes, and searched his phone for the caller. It was an unknown number so Soul placed his phone back on the nightstand before scratching the edge of his boxers and rolling over. A few seconds later, the same buzzing came from his phone. The number was unknown.

"Hello?" Soul said, grumpily as he picked up his phone. He rested against his elbow and yawned as he waited for the caller to respond.

"U-Um, Mr. E-Evans?" A unforgettable voice called. The voice seemed nervous as they spoke.

"Maka? What's wrong!?" Soul called to her as he jumped up from his bed, struggling to put on pants.

"I-I was walking home-"

"I told you not to stay this late." Soul said as he successfully put on a clean shirt.

"I-I know." There was no defense in her voice. Maka seemed to be at a vulnerable state. "I was walking, a-and a m-man from the s-seventh floor was w-walking behind me. He started to f-follow me and now i-i'm in a 7-11 on t-third street."

"Maka, how long have you been there?" Soul asked as he grabbed his motorcycle keys and fled his apartment.

"A-Almost forty-five m-minutes."

"Forty-five minutes!?" There was a slight hum as he heard some shuffling. "Alright, I'm coming now. Don't leave the store!"

"A-Alright." Soul hung up as he throw his right leg over his motorcycle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maka put her phone in her bag as she relaxed a little. She let out a sigh as she held her chest. Was he already there?

Maka peeked her head out the store as she thanked the cashier who looked so bored with his life for letting her stay. Justin and Grinko seemed to have left because she couldn't see them anywhere. She held her bag in front of her knees as she waited for Soul in front of the store.

"Well, well, well. Grinko, would you looky here." Chirped Justin. Maka spun around to face Grinko on her right side as Justin stood on her left. They were at least a foot taller than her and smirked down at her. "Isn't she the cutey intern on the floor above us?"

"My! I believe it is." They teased. Maka gulped as they closed the space between them. Grinko slid his hand behind Maka's ear as he played with her hair. She whimpered at his touch. "So cute."

Justin grabbed Maka from behind as Grinko grabbed for a tissue in his back pocket. Maka already knew what it was. She struggled against Justin as Grinko got closer. Kidnappers put this special toxin that could knock out their victim with one sniff. All Maka had to do was stall, maybe. She spun around and wiggled her way out of Justin, successfully hitting him in the no no square. She sprinted down the street, heels forgotten.

The boots got closer and closer as she continued. "Somebody help-" She was cut off when Grinko tackled her to the ground. Her ribs burned as he got off of her. Grinko started to carry her towards an ally with Justin trailing. They entered an ally with Maka kicking and screaming. How couldn't anyone hear her?  As Grinko set her down Justin grabbed her wrist and pinned them above her head. He positioned himself so his knees were on either side of her head and his back faced the wall. {He's not on her to be clear} Grinko looked at her with a disgusting look on his face. He tugged slightly on her skirt while she let out a whimper. Justin clamped his hand over Maka's mouth as hot tears slid down her face, Grinko caressed her legs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul sped down the street holding his phone to his ear. "Yeah. The 7-11 on third street. Yeah, an attempted rape, I believe." He hung up the phone as the police started towards them. His hair whipped past his face as he rode past the 7-11 and towards the screams. He was heading for the 7-11 but he heard the blood-curling screams close, and who else could it be?

He flung himself off the bike as he started towards the ally. Soul froze when he saw Maka on the floor, skirt off, being touched by the filthy co-workers on the seventh floor.

"You get the hell away from her." Soul said calmly, as he stood two feet above them. Grinko and Justin snapped their heads towards their boss as he glared right trough them. "I don't care how cute she is, you never touch a girl like that without permission." Maka knew it wasn't the time to blush, but she did. When Soul looked at Maka he saw her eyes flash a look of relief and love.

"Get. Away. From. Her." Grinko and Justin both shifted to the back of the ally, against the wall. Maka leaped up from the floor, not bothering to put on her skirt, and ran to Soul. Grinko smirked as he eyed Maka's panties. Soul sent a death look at Grinko as he wrapped his arms around Maka.

When the cops finally arrived, Grinko and Justin were shoved into the back of a police car. "Justin and Grinko?" The co-workers looked at their boss. "You're fired." He said expressionless as he walked off with Maka.

Soul led Maka to his bike, which was still in the street when he jumped off. "Hey, uh, Maka?"

"Yes?"

"Uh, it's getting late so, uh, mind staying at my place for the night?" Maka blushed a deep red but went unnoticed due to the dim light. "Uh, it's just getting late and i'm kinda tired-"

"Yeah, it'd be fine." Maka smiled at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul threw his keys on the counter as he held out his arms. "Welcome to my casa." He announced. Maka giggled as she looked around at the surprisingly clean room. "So, uh, my room is on the left and the guest room is on the right, so if you need anything just holler." Maka nodded as Soul left to his room and came back with an over-sized t-shirt and basketball pants.

Maka walked towards the guest room and slipped on her t-shirt and shorts. She threw her clothes into the corner and jumped into the bed. Soul had nice taste in beds, she'll give him that. It was a comfortable bed and seemed just right for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul bursts into Maka's room as she clutched her chest, screaming.

"Maka, you okay?" He asked as he sat next to her and rubbed her back. She wrapped her arms around him and cried onto his back. He felt the warm tears drench his back as she let all her feelings go.

"I-I dreamed that you didn't make it in time." She sobbed.

"But i did." He smoothed her hair as she continued to let all her feelings go. After about a minute he let go off her and wiped her face.

"Better?" He asked. She nodded, meekly, as he got up and started for the door.

"Wait," Soul turned to her, "will you stay with me?" She played with her fingers as she scooted over.

"No problem." He climbed in next to her, letting her get comfortable too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul woke up to Maka curled up against his chest. She let out small breathes with her lips slightly parted. Soul admired her features as he traced her lips, eyes, nose...Maka let out a small noise before fluttering her eyes.

"Morning." Soul smirked at her. She swiftly picked up the blanket to see if her pants were still on. Soul chuckled and hugged her closer.

"Thanks, for all of this." Soul felt her lips curl into a smile against his chest.

"I'm only doing my job." Maka pulled back with a hurt expression. Did he always take girls home? Did he sleep with them? Did he make them feel this way then leave them? Soul noticed her uneasy mood and smiled at her.

"I must protect the one I love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO sorry, this apparently didn't save. But now its saved so enjoy. Anyway, i'm trying to update but i've been super busy and lazy.  I'm trying here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.6K 33
Just some oneshots of our favorite Soul Eater characters and ships.
19.5K 538 15
A Kid x F!Crona fanfic about first kisses, first dances, and first loves...
41.3K 1K 58
An X Reader fanfic about the reader's adventure in Soul Eater. This is a Death the Kid X Reader, Soul X Maka and Black Star X Tsubaki fanfic with som...
33.3K 1.2K 15
Soul and Maka one-shots Every story is diffrent form the last, but the thing binding them all is the love intrest they share. Soul x Maka Open to req...