Welcome to the One Shot Realm...

By silvvisin

Hey guys, here is a book of oneshots. I have many ideas for this but I would always love suggestions. I'll wr... More

Between Heaven and Earth (Original Story)

188 4 2
By silvvisin

(Welcome to my realm. This is a one-shot I created because of what was outside. The sky looked like the picture above and I wanted to share it with you guys! It's not a fan-fiction, this is straight original stuff that I wrote. Hope you guys enjoy, give me suggestions if you would like something to be written. Also, listen to the song Centuries by Fall Out Boy while you read this. It motivated me, I love you all, Silvv OUT!)

War. The perfect dystopian world, however it was caused by us. Named by colour, we are to fight each other to save our "doomed" realms. That's where I am. Standing at the front lines, chest plate covering my somewhat wounded chest with the weak metal we are told to wear. My sword, made of weak steel, held at my side. Don't be so damn morbid, Ezekiel. Silver says. Silver is my closest friend, though he lives in my head.

"We are gathered here today in the honour of the gods. Our armour shall help us along through the battle of the centuries." I shudder as the general says this. You see, I was moved here as a young adult. Every child grew up in the region of the colourless then when we turned eighteen, we are sent to our region of colour. My parents were apparently from the red realm. Surprisingly—Focus , E.

"Are you ready men?" The general yells trying to yell over the battle cry of the reds. The savages who show no restraint against any team. My eldest friend was sent there. Hero was meant to go. A single tear falls down my cheek. My region is meant to be the cold, stone-like region. We were told emotions are for the dead or for the other realms. I still feel them in my soul. I still feel the crushing feeling I have felt since I was a child. The feeling of when Silver revealed himself to me.

I hear the cry of the war's beginning. The colourful mess of each team and the blood already splattering over the soft ground. I do not understand where to go as of yet. Do I really want to fight? Should I be a coward and run? Should I fight for my realm? I see a swirl of purple past me, using their speed spells and flight. I stand like a post. Maybe if nobody notices me, I won't be killed. Maybe—I see Hero in front of me. He shines a bright grin, and I realize my impending doom.

"Hello E." He stares deep into my soul.

"Hello Hero." His grin deepens.

"Ready to die, old friend?" I shake my head and start to back away.

"Hero, we can talk about this. Let's not jump to conclusions. Please don't kill me!" I beg and plead. He simply raises his axe, which currently has a rainbow of blood from other realms. I raise my sword, tears threatening to fall.

"Hero... Please. Don't kill me. We were best friends." His eyes flash like flames.

"Key word Ezekiel, WERE!" He yells and slams his axe down towards my head. I dodge and move away from him. He swings again; I counter and push him back.

"Hero, what about all the memories? What about the fact that we grew up together. Please! I'm begging you to stop. I want us both to live. Please." I beg and plead. But he just kept swinging. With tears in my eyes, my sword at the ready, I lunged forward making a connection with his ribs. I feel the sword pierce through his flesh, bone, muscle and connect with his beating heart. His heart stops beating and I pull my sword out of his chest and drop in to the ground. The wave of pain, guilt and sorrow splash over me. I just killed my best friend. I lower my head in shame. Ezekiel, pick your head up! Are you really about to surrender! You'll be killed if you don't pick yourself up. Silver says. He really is right. Setting myself to die is purely pathetic. I decide to pick my sword up and move forward into the battle scene. The ground in covered in a thick layer of blood and a disgusting mass of bodies. Moving forward I feel pain blooming in my left shoulder. I look over and see a gold haired boy. He looks like he's only twelve and he has tears streaming down his pale cheeks. He's holding a small wooden sword. I pick my hands up in surrender.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." I hold my hand out and he visibly relaxes. He grabs my hand and comes closer to me, burying his face into my chest.

"What's your name?" I say laughing slightly. He starts to speak but I do not hear a word he says. There is a red haired girl behind him with a club preparing to swing down on him. Not a chance Ezekiel! Kill that bitch. Silver yells within my mind. I push the young boy behind me and stab the girl directly in the heart. She drops when I pull my sword out and I wrap one arm around the young boy.

"I'm Ezekiel by the way. You were saying?" His eyes light up with a mixture of horror and gratitude.

"My name is Erik." His voice makes him sound even younger. I pull him closer.

"I'll keep you safe." We start to run away. You shouldn't be in this area. Get the hell out, take the boy and RUN. Silver yells. I sigh and start to run away. I run blindly into this battle. As I'm running, the young boy clutching my hand as if his life depended on it, I hit a large surface. A large orange haired boy—if I can even call him a boy—grins down at me.

"You should've stayed in your territory, Gray. Clearly you have a death wish." He slams me in the head with a metal pipe. Everything starts to become hazy. I fall to the ground, preparing for a final blow. It never comes. I look up to see the boy on the ground, shaking and convulsing. His mouth is spewing blood. A girl with purple hair is standing over him holding his metal pipe. She passes it to me.

"It's a better weapon. Use it, 'cause he sure won't be needing it." She disappears. Like without moving she just disappears. I pick up the pipe and attempt to stand, only to drop straight to the blood covered ground. I close my eyes and refuse to open them. Erik picks me up and starts to talk in my ears.

"Let's get you out of here." We start to walk but I am pulled away from Erik. My feet no longer touch the ground and I open my eyes. I see my older brother Axel. His red hair spiked, his blue eyes shining brightly.

"Hello Ezekiel. I did hope I could kill you." He knees me in the stomach and lets me fall. I land hard on my stomach and feel vomit rise in my chest. I cough and choke, blood and stomach acid falling from between my lips. Axe lets out a mighty laugh.

"Still just as weak as you were as a child. I almost feel bad for taking your life. How should I—" He falls to the ground, a bloody wound in the back of his head and Erik standing above him with the pipe. Tear fall down my face, blurring my already fuzzy vision. My older brother, the boy who was meant to protect me, was lying practically dead before my eyes. Erik picks me up to my feet.

"We have to go Ezekiel. We have to get you to help." I let him lead me towards the medical centers. Every step Erik and I take is as if we have lead weights attached to our feet. I can barely support my own weight. I manage to hit the ground again, despite Erik's attempts to keep me standing. Get up E. Listen to me, please. We have to live... we can't have my... never mind.

"What are you talking about, S?" Erik looks at me with a look of confusion.

"Who are you talking to?" He says. As I attempt to respond, more blood leaks from my pale lips.

"Please move Ezekiel, I can't lose you too." His eyes fill with tears. E... Please. I need you to get up. Don't die on me please. Getting up is no longer an option. Standing won't work, so I am on my hands and knee. Coughing and choking on my own blood as I realise that I won't survive the night.

"Leave me Erik. I am just weighing you down." I cough again and more blood lands on the ground. "Just live for me." I allow my head and chest to fall to the ground. Why should I try anymore when death is near? Erik kneels beside me. He mumbles many curse words.

"For gosh sakes Ezekiel. You are going to live, pick up your head." As I try, my body is turned onto my back, my head rested somewhere other than the ground. I look up at see the girl with purple hair from before kneeling down with my head on her knees, her hands pressed against my temples.

"Ezekiel. You will be ok." She says, moving my black hair out of my eyes. Ezekiel, please don't die on me. Please. Erik moves closer to me.

"Please be ok Ezekiel. I need you to live through this. I cannot go through this war without you. You saved me." He grabs my hand and tears form in his eyes. I look up at the girl.

"How are we not being attacked?" She shrugs.

"I have put a barrier up. We can't be hurt." She says. I smile, seeing my vision flicker between my surroundings and the darkness surrounding everything. Don't make me have to come out E. I sigh. How could Silver escape the walls of my brain? It isn't like he is a human. Ezekiel, I am human. Have you forgotten I can hear your thoughts? I cringe slightly. Suddenly, I jolt and start to twitch. More blood falls from my lips and down to the ground. The strange girl moves me onto my side facing down, so I don't choke on my blood. I'm coming out. I can't let you die, my dearest friend. I feel warmth rush throughout my cold, hurt body and I see light swarm in front of me. The light forms a boy. He's about six foot with long silver hair. The long silver hair is matted with blood; his lips are half stitched shut with the cords pulled threw resting against his chin and the holes from the cord still open wide. His clothing is torn and bloodied and the moment he stands straight, he falls. He crawls over to me and looks me straight in the eyes. Though his are bloodshot and somewhat glazed over, I can still see where the blue is piercing through.

"S-Silver. What happened to you?" He caresses my face lightly and then puts his two hands to his chest as if he were praying to the dark gods. Slowly light begins to form in his hands and time stops around us. The sound of war is an eerie quiet and nobody is moving.

"How did you do that?" He looks into my eyes.

"I'm from the lost realm, though originally I was a locked being. I tore my stitches off in the war of six sixty-six, the year I was killed. I still wasn't able to tear off all my stitches before I died. I roamed the heavens for six thousand years before I found you. I was a wanted angel so I hid in your mind. I became your friend and always tried to protect you since birth. Now that you are dying, I have to protect you..." He starts to cough blood. Everything is still.

"Aurora... Please help him." He grabs my arm and the girl's. I assume her name is Aurora. She nods.

"Sit still my friend, everything will be ok. I'm Aurora. Silver and I came here. I was also an angel who died. Actually, we were a team like Erik and You. Though we are both dead, I am a fallen angel, YOUR guardian angel." I nod. As she had been talking, she had been trying to heal me using her health charms. I stare into the girl's eyes. With every second, my pain worsens and I just want to die. Why should I live in the agony I must endure? The girl's eyes turn a pale pink as I feel a warming sensation in my arms. She is trying to heal my broken, bleeding body. Suddenly, she cries out and I feel my body jolt. Blood sprays across my face and I hear a snicker. Staring up, I see a boy with purple hair who managed to get through Silver's charm. She glares into his eyes.

"Get away from here, Rex. I don't want to speak to you ever again!" He crouches down to our level and stares into her eyes. Her eyes cloud with tears and a few fall down her face.

"Aurora, I'm sorry. I should've never killed you." He leans in and presses his lips to hers.

"Rex, you hurt me so badly. I—" She starts to sling curses and I feel more healing power through my body.

"As I was saying, I do still love you, but I shouldn't. You killed me. You shot me with poison and left me to die." Silver looks over and sighs.

"Aurora, he never left you for dead." She looks confused at him.

"He had aimed for Amiro, as Amiro was about to kill you but you moved. He shot you and you passed out. He had tried to save you but as he was saving you Amiro slit his throat. He died before you had woken up. That's why when you woke up and were dying I was the only one with you. Only when you died, I had been slammed in the head with the same lead pipe E was using. Now Rex, help Aurora." Silver drops his head back to the ground before he starts vomiting blood. Rex nods and straddles my chest and pushes his hands against where my heart would be. My vision starts to waver. They both curse out loudly and the pain worsens in my body.

"Why are you trying to save me? I'm not worth saving." I say with the little voice I still have left. Silver sits up and looks at me.

"You kept me from the heaven's prison. Ya, you're freaking worth it." He looks at me and his eyes start to shine brightly. He falls back again and I see him fading ever so slightly. I use one hand to lightly touch Silver but he cringes. Aurora pulls my arm back.

"Stay still Ezekiel." I look into her pale pink eyes.

"But Silver isn't ok. Please..." More blood pours from my lips.

"Help him." I continue to cough and choke. Rex jumps off my chest and steps over to Silver.

"Sil, you'll be ok. I swear." He runs his fingers through Silver's blood stained hair and Silver smiles. His body begins to twitch and the stitches stat to re-stitch over his pale lips. He stares at the sky and he sits. Rex starts to panic.

"Silver, don't freak out again. You did this last time. Please don't!!" I look over and feel drops on my face. Aurora has started to cry, her tears landing on my face. The warm pooling in my arms has stopped, only to be replaced by pain. My vision swirls and I start to see spots again. Even her healing can't save my dying soul. I look at Aurora, Rex and Silver as he looks over at me, the cable on his mouth cutting into his skin making blood drip down his lips. Silver climbs over and places a hand on the side of my cheek. He moves his face down and lightly boops my nose with his nose. I giggle lightly and he smiles. His face is only inches from my own and he's so close to me. The warmth radiating from his body almost makes me forget the fact that my body is failing. I wince and his eyes go wide. He moves back and pulls at his stitches. They tear apart again, leaving bloodied cord to hit his jaw.

"Are you ok? How can I help? Where does it hurt? What—" I cut him off by lightly kissing his lips. The mix of the taste of my own blood mixes with his. The movement hurts badly, so the kiss is cut short by me falling back onto the ground, my head spinning. Silver continues to panic.

"Silver, please. We both know I'm not gonna live through this. Will you just cuddle me to sleep?" Tears begin to fall down my cheek and his drop against my face.

"Please don't leave me Ezekiel. I'm begging you." He lays his head on my chest, crying softly. The pressure of his head against my chest leaves me in agony but I let it happen. Silver needs it. He lies down next to me and wraps me in his arms. I know being in his arms won't last long; my life is over. I jolt and more blood covers my jaw.

"Silver, don't you realize why my dying is a good thing? We can be together as angels." I lace my fingers within his and try to smile. Honestly I just want to die quickly and painlessly. Everything would hurt so much less.

"A-Aurora? Can you just kill me quickly?" She sighs and shakes her head.

"Sweetheart, I'm not allowed to do that. A guardian angel can on try to save their guarded but we aren't allowed to stand in fate's way, nor are we allowed to kill you quicker. I'm sorry." I sigh and lie back. The whole time, Erik has been frozen like the rest of the battle. I wonder how he will feel when he finds out I died.

"Silver?" He lifts his head and looks into my eyes.

"Yes Ezekiel?" I rest my head against his chest.

"Will you sing to me?" He laughs a little and nods.

"With every breath you take you're dying. With every step we take we're falling apart. If we only had one chance we'd breathe. Let's take the chance right now and scream. You only live one life. For a very short time. So make every second divine." As he sings one of my favourite songs, he starts to cry, even harder than he was before.

"Are you still breathing? It's your heart that's beating inside. That keeps us alive. And for the very first time. We're pushing aside to surrender. Everything that I see in my eyes. Except for the one thing on my mind. That I am alive. For the very first time!" After he finishes the second verse, I already can barely hear him. My hearing is starting to go, my eye sight fading.

"Thank you Silver, I'll see you soon." He cries harder and I quickly run my fingers through his hair attempting to soothe him. His hair is soft despite being stained with his blood from when he died. He grips my hand softly as he cries, continuing to beg me not to leave, though I can no longer hear. I smile, feeling my body begin to lose its feeling. I see my three new friends and my best friend all sitting beside me. I really am the luckiest person to have so many people who care. These four people are the last thing I see, before my vision goes black. A voice sounds in my head.

I'm sorry E

And everything is over.

(Hope you guys enjoyed! I love you all, Silvv OUT!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
85.9K 4.8K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

117K 2.7K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...