The T-rex Rider

By Fragile_thing

Brooke May has been working at the park for three years as an ACU solider. Over the years she had been workin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

5.2K 121 5
By Fragile_thing

Hey guys,

Here's todays chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

keep SMILING!

Love

Marf. xxx

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Owen's P.O.V.

I drive through the valley, looking at all the dinosaurs that are dead or dying littering the fields. I hear Claire sniff behind trying to hold in the tears. I look at her and smile weakly at her.

'It's killing everything.' Claire whimpers.

'It's testing itself, finding out where it is on the food chain.' I explain to her. 'Let's just find your nephews.'

Driving forward, I spot a broken gate and drive through it. Following the track left by the Gryosphere, I turn round a corner and brake. In front of us there is the smashed ball, Claire gets out the jeep and runs to it. She looks at the floor and picks up a phone.

'It's Zach's, they are dead!' Claire wails.

I look at the floor and spot tracks leading away, 'no they got out alright.' I tell her.

'How do you know that?' Claire shouts.

'Tracks,' I say pointing to them on the floor.

Claire sets off following the tracks with me trailing after her. We stop when we reach a waterfall, 'they must have jumped.' I inform her once I see panic on her face.

'Brave boys.' Claire mutters, 'we have to follow them.' She tells me.

'I will, you're not coming!' I say.

'Why not?' Claire asks pouting.

I look her up and down with a raised eyebrow, 'One, it's dangerous. Two, have you seen what you're wearing and three, heels.' I say pointing at her feet.

She looks at me like I have grown a second head, then she pulls off her jacket and ties it around her waist. Then she crosses her arm, I look at her confused, 'Whats that supposed to say?' I ask.

'I'm ready!' she says in a 'durh' tone. I groan causing Claire to glare at me.

'Okay, but you listen to me, and don't do anything that will get us killed.' I tell her.

We head down the rocks to the side of the waterfall, then continue following the tracks. I hear the engine of a car driving off away from us. Looking at Claire I motion for her to speed up and we start running. I see massive doors, then I realise it's the old park. I head inside looking for any signs of the kids.

Finding a garage I notice that one of the cars is missing.

'How did they even get one to work?' I ask amused.

'I'm not sure.' Claire say, while I open the hood of the remaining Jeep.

Before I can get to work on the jeep, the Indominus rex's roar echoes around us. I pull Claire down to crouching hiding behind the jeep, I see the rex's head peer round getting closer to us. It sniffs getting closer to us. Its nose ends up right next to us, then it backs out and walks away. We exhale and relax, I get up slowly to check it's gone when it crashes through the side of building.

I start running away from it, dragging Claire behind me. Running through the woods we hear the rex behind us. Claire stumbles behind me in her heels. Heading towards the park we lose the rex as we come to a cliff overlooking the aviary.

We stop and watch Mr Masrani in his helicopter shooting at the Rex. Suddenly he takes the chopper over the aviary to avoid the Rex, instead the Rex crashes through the aviary. Pterodactyls flood into the air surrounding the chopper. Mr Masrani loses control of the chopper, I watch as it spirals down crashing through the aviary before exploding.

I feel shock run through, before I turn and start running back into the woods. 'We need to run, Claire!' I shout as we head towards the park again.

Brooke's P.O.V.

We reach the T-rex enclosure, I hop out the jeep and turn to face the boys.

'Thank you very much, now go to the main park and try and find your aunt.' I say, Gray opens his mouth to complain. 'I'll come find you once I'm done here, don't worry.' I tell him smiling, turning to Zach, 'Take care of him.'

Zach nods his head, 'Of course, stay safe.'

'You too.' I say before he drives off.

I head into the viewing area and see that the assistant has deserted his post. I roll my eyes and go to the door. I walk into the enclosure and whistle, Cam comes from around a tree and runs to me.

'Hey girl,' I say as I put my hand out to stroke her, 'I won't be able to see you for a while, a bit of disaster has occurred.' I tell her.

Cam bends down sniffing my shoulder, then she turns her head to the side and stares at me. Then she brings her head up and steps back, pausing she roars loudly. I wipe a tear from under my eye and smile sadly at her. I head back into the viewing area and go over to the computer. Typing in the password I set the feeding to automatic so she will still have food if something happens.

I grab a gun and then leave the building and run towards the main park. I find the boys first and shout at them.

'Boys, I'm back. Any sign of them?' I ask.

'Not yet.' Zach grumbles.

I look around and don't see them anywhere. Then I spot a Pterodactyl swooping towards us, I push the two boys to the ground and shot at the dinosaur killing it. I notice that the air is now filling with Pterodactyls, people start screaming and running around everywhere. People start getting thrown into the air and tossed around, I shoot as many as I can.

'Zach! Gray!' I hear Claire shouting. I turn around and spot her standing on a rock looking over everyone.

'Over there boys, let's go.' I tell them as they run towards her. I walk backwards shooting still covering the boys as they run.

'Oh thank god. I thought I lost you. Are you guys okay?' Claire says.

'Yeah, we are fine' Gray tells her.

I spot two Pterodactyls heading towards the group. The first comes towards me while the other heads at Owen. I see Owen getting dragged by the second Pterodactyl and go to shoot it when Claire shots it. I watch as she helps him stand up and kiss him, jealousy fills me. Distracted the first Pterodactyl swoops at me, I roll to the side and land on my shoulder, I cry out in pain.

'Brooke!' Gray shouts.

I ignore the fact that Owen has pulled away from Claire and is now looking around for me. I watch as the Pterodactyl swoops for its final attack, I run at it, ramming into it I continue running pushing it backwards. I keep going until I hit it into a wall, I take my anger out on the Pterodactyl punching it repeatedly. I stop hitting it and start panting from the exertion, I turn and walk over to the boys.

'Are you alright?' I ask them both, looking them over.

'Yep.' They both chorus. 'You're bleeding again.' Gray tells me pointing to my shoulder and then my face.

'Well it's your lucky day bud, you get to play doctor again.' I tell him, I hear a cough behind me, spinning I see Owen standing there, regret filling his blue eyes.

He walks forward not saying anything and hugs me tightly, 'I thought I lost you.' He says his voice cracking slightly.

'I know my way round the island.' I tell him smirking, he looks down at me and rolls his eyes.

'You okay?' he asks.

'Not really,' I answer pulling away from him, Owen looks at me puzzled. Claire comes over to me and smiles.

'Thank you for keeping them safe.'

'I did it for them.' I reply nodding my head towards the boys, I turn Zach, 'I've done my job, now I need to go, look after him.' I say while Zach nods. Looking at Gray I smile, 'Okay bud, I'm proud of you but you have to stay with your aunt and Owen now.'

'But you said you would take us to the Raptors!' Gray whines.

Owen looks at me and says, 'actually Claire and I need to talk privately for a minute, would you mind?'

I huff, 'boys you have to stay. I will take you another day and then you can see them.' Owen looks at me hurt, I just avoid looking at him.

'Will we get to stroke them?' Gray asks.

'Gray, ssshh!' Zach hisses. Claire and Owen look at me with raised eyebrows in question.

'Okay boys, I must be leaving now.' I tell them, running to a quad bike.

I start up the engine and drive to the Raptor enclosure.

There I see that the Raptors and all in there headlocks. I notice the man I shouted at the other day in the cage about to pet them.

'OI! What the hell do you think you are doing with Owen's Raptors?' I demand.

'Saving peoples live, they are going to hunt the Indominus.'

'You cannot use Raptors! They aren't tame and they aren't weapons!' I shout at him.

'Just think what they could do. They are highly intelligent they can hunt.' He shouts at me.

I pull out my gun and aim it at him, 'You will not use the Raptors.' I growl at him.

'Put down the gun before you get hurt.' He tells me.

'I'd rather not,' I say as I shoot him in the leg.

'OW! You bitch.' He says as he falls to the floor holding his leg. 'Guards restrain her!' he calls.

Six guards come at me, I punch the first one knocking him out. While the others surround me, one of them hits me on my shoulder I gasp and start falling. Then two guards grab my arms stopping from hitting the floor. I stand waiting for something to happen.

Barry runs out of the food room and sees me being held and heads towards us.

'Vic, let her go.' He says as the man, Vic, struggles to stand. Vic gets to his feet and limps over to me.

'You will pay for that.' He mutters before punching me in the stomach, I double over in pain but the guards holding my arms stopping me from going to the floor. I straighten up grinning like a madman.

'That all you got?' I taunt.

Then Vic roars one that could match Cam's, he raises his hand and slaps me across the face. Looking at him, I raise an eyebrow. Vic punches me repeatedly hitting my face and stomach. The sound of an engine catching everyone's attention. Vic walks out the cage and over to the right disappearing out of sight.

'Vic, you cannot use my raptors!' I hear Owen shout.

'We have no other option.' Vic yells back.

'They're not ready for that.' Owen snaps.

I hear footsteps coming closer and look up to see Gray and Zach running towards us. A guard steps in front of them and stops them, I smile reassuringly at them.

'Hey,' I say, 'what are you doing here?'

'We came to find you while Owen talked to Vic.' Zach explains.

'You took your time arriving.'

'Well Owen and Aunt Claire, where having a private conversation but we listened in.' Gray chimes in.

'Anything interesting?'

'Well Owen likes you, and was angry at Aunt Claire for kissing him.' Zach says, I nod my head.

'What happened to your leg Vic?' I hear Claire ask as their footsteps get louder as they walk towards us.

'Brooke shot me.' He tells them. I hear Owen chuckle at this.

'Why am I not surprised, she is very protective and has a short temper.' Claire says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.1K 19
Nicole works at Jurassic World. She has been working there for five years now. She works as an animal behaviorist and she also works along side Owen...
203K 6.8K 19
Erin Harper had finally achieved her goal in life, to become a trainer at Jurassic World, and she was! Erin was the Pterodactyl trainer. Even though...
37K 979 10
BOOK TWO - SEQUEL TO 'DORKS' • "What did I tell you about winking, Mitchell?" "That it drives you wild." • It's been three years since the fall of Ju...
3.2K 137 10
22 years... 22 years since the fall of the ill-fated Jurassic Park. Now Jurassic World has come into the light and set out to achieve the goals the f...