The Hunger Lames

By thebloodyglade

The real 74th Hunger Games. (collab with unspoken_words_ - I wrote the odd chapters, she wrote the even chapt... More

District 8 - female tribute - Petra
District 3 - male tribute - Anders
District 10 - male tribute- Ezra
District 5 - female tribute - Aubrey
District 4 - male tribute - Levi
District 11 - female tribute - Ginny
District 7 - female tribute - Daria
District 12 - female tribute - Luna
District 1 - female tribute - Aurora
District 8 - male tribute - Magnus
District 2 - male tribute - William
District 4 - female tribute - Astrid
District 1 - male tribute - Darcy
District 6 - male tribute - Porter
District 9 - male tribute - Clayton
District 5 - female tribute - Tara
District 2 - female tribute - Thalia
District 12 - male tribute - Luca
District 11 - male tribute - Max/Ruby
District 7 - male tribute - Patton
District 3 - female tribute - May
District 10 - female tribute - Maeve

District 5 - male tribute - Greyson

69 6 1
By thebloodyglade

My father is a geologist, which means I know the safest place to be in this arena. The forest. I aim my body towards the forest, the cornucopia directly to my right.

I crouched a little on my platform, bending my knees like I know some people called "athletes" used to do. The only reason I know this is because my father is extremely wealthy and we own the type of text books with pictures in them, back when this country wasn't even called Panem. They're forbidden, and most likely illegal, but our family can basically do what we want.

Before Claudius Templesmith can even start counting down, an assortment of blood and limbs exploded. I couldn't see the actual explosion due to the cornucopia separating me and the unlucky fool, but half of a charred foot landed about a yard away, so I'm assuming they stepped off the plate. I could see that the explosion left the other tributes shaken.

The first death. I wondered if the gamemakers liked that the dead are making an appearance so early or if they wanted the first kill to be at the hands of another child. Who knows what they're thinking. No use wasting precious time analyzing the gamemakers, head in the game now.

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One."

I waited a beat longer than I had to, to ensure that I wouldn't step off too early. I would rather make it back home, than die in a really stupid way like leaving the platform too early, thank you very much.

Then I run.

I run.

And run.

I run until I think I can't run anymore, then I keep going.

And going.

And going.

I run until I reached a small lake and my legs give out, collapsing beneath me as if made of jello. Unable to move, I vomit face down in the dirt. I keep retching out what I had consumed on the train. It's disgusting but I can't move away. The vomit starts to fill my mouth and I struggle to move, my neck, arms, legs, anything. I can't. The panic starts to build when I realize I can't breath. My brain is too tired to think.

All I can see is the disgusting bright yellow of puke.

I can feel it creeping in my eyelids, through my ears, and seeping in through my veins.

I can't tell what is real, the lack of oxygen making feel crazed and psychotic.

The vomit fills my lungs.

I didn't want to die in a stupid way like stepping off the platform too early but here I am, drowning in a pool of my own throw up.

The vomit is everywhere.

It has taken control.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 5.5K 44
The Hunger Games has been a tradition for the past 74 years. Well... maybe it was time for traditions to change. The victors were angry. They were p...
3.2K 81 18
in which two orphans from District 3 get reaped for the 69th annual Hunger Games and they will do everything to get out. ❝Happy Hunger Games! A...
8.4K 178 29
ೃ༄ πŠπ€π‹πŽππ’πˆπ€ πŸ”±πŸŒŠΛšβ—žβ™‘ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ * ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· β˜οΈΛΛ‹Β°β€’*β€βž· π‹π’πŸπž 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐒𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, training the kids from your district, as a...
1.8K 90 13
The peacefulness would fade soon and I will be faced with reality. This is where I am trapped. This is where I live. Wilhelmina Danfrick was a young...