Our Time Is Here | a Lauren/Y...

By unbrokenreflection

Y/N and Lauren are completely and utterly in love, but being famous can take its toll on a relationship. Thei... More

1 • Reunited
2 • Friendly
3 • Mistakes
4 • Accusations
5 • Reunited
Epilogue

Prologue

15.2K 562 124
By unbrokenreflection

"Do you think we can talk about this?"

I watched her pleadingly. Her emerald green eyes studied me and it was only when she was looking at me did I feel important, beautiful, loved; like a piece of art.

"Lauren! We need to go!" I heard a familiar voice, Dinah's, call out for her urgently.

"I'm in a rush, Y/N," she said honestly, stepping forward and taking my hands in hers. "I don't really have the time at the moment."

I released a deep breath from my nose and nodded slowly, looking down at our intertwined hands. Her slender fingers were laced through mine securely, but I could already feel her slipping away from me.

"You never seem to have the time," I said quietly, hoping it didn't sound too harsh. It didn't matter if it did, though, because it was the truth.

I should have known that dating a famous pop star would come with its disadvantages, but I would have never thought that it meant I hardly ever got to see her or spend time with her.

"We'll talk later, I promise."

She released one of my hands and used it to lift my chin upwards and face her. I was met with her entrancing green eyes and I could already see the love and admiration in them. She loved me deeply and I knew that she didn't want any of this to happen, but sometimes, we can't help what happens, can we?

I nodded my head slowly, knowing that we had to talk. I had plenty to say. It may have not been good, but it needed to be said. No matter how much it would hurt her, hurt me, hurt us both, in the end.

She offered me a final smile before pressing her red-painted lips against my forehead softly, probably being sure not to leave a print. I smiled momentarily at the contact, feeling at peace. I wish we could have stayed like that forever.

But, unfortunately, she pulled away completely, beginning to walk away, out of the coffee shop, leaving me standing there alone. Alone and missing her dearly.

***

I paced up and down the corridor nervously, trying to block out any thoughts that may have convinced me otherwise. I had to do this. As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to.

A loud knocking brought me out of my thoughts, and I took a deep breath before walking to the  front door of my house. Well, my parents house. I paused before opening it. I could feel my palms becoming sweaty and my heart was racing; it was now or never. I opened the door and on the other side was a worried-looking Lauren.

"Hey," she offered me a small smile. "You said you needed to talk? It seemed urgent."

I didn't trust myself to speak, so I nodded and stepped to the side, motioning for her to walk in. She did so, and I ignored the confused glance she was sending me. Instead, I shut the door and led her to the living room, sitting on the couch. I focused on the wooden coffee table before me, and only when I felt the leather couch sink in beside me, did I know that she had joined me.

"Are you okay, Y/N?"

I closed my eyes for a brief moment. How was I supposed to start this off? I didn't want to lose her. She meant everything to me. But, it wasn't working. I knew that, and she knew that. The timing was way off.

"Okay, you're starting to scare me now," I heard her say, causing me to open my eyes and turn to look at her. Her lips were curved into a worried frown and her green eyes were turning glassy.

"We have to break up," I let it out immediately. It was better to do it right away instead of prolonging the situation, right?

She seemed taken aback. "W-what?"

I looked down to my hands which were playing with the hem of my tee shirt nervously. I could barely get my words out as I repeated, "We have to break up."

Silence.

She didn't respond and this only reminded me how real this was. It was really happening. I was leaving her.

I finally looked up to see her reaction, and I saw her staring at me with her mouth slightly agape. The confusion and pain was evident in her eyes, and tears were forming, I could tell. It pained me to see her looking like this, but it had to be done.

"Please say you're joking," she said, her voice cracking a little, only hurting me even more.

I shook my head slowly, swallowing the lump in my throat. "I'm afraid not. We have to break up, Lauren. It's not working. You know that."

A tear escaped her lid and rolled down her pale cheek. I could feel my own tears escape, but I focused on wiping away any stray tears of hers. I never wanted to see her cry, and to know that I was the cause was enough to hurt me there and then.

"Please, Y/N," she pleaded, frowning at my words. "What is it? Tell me and I'll fix it. I promise."

I shook my head and forced myself to stand up and step away from the couch. Away from her.

"There's never time for us anymore," I admitted, trying to avert my gaze from her sullen-looking self. "You're always busy and I feel like I'm just another thing on the list for you. I-"

"You know I don't think of you as that," she interrupted, standing up and grabbing my hand. I looked up and saw her tear-stricken face staring at me. "I love you, Y/N. Please."

Seeing her look like this, practically begging me to stay with her, was enough to make me want to forget everything that had happened between us and rush into her arms, taking her back. But, this was real life, not a movie. I couldn't be with her. She had no time for me. It wasn't right. There was no point in lying to myself.

"I'm sorry, Laur," I whispered, slowly releasing my hand out of her grip. "But, we're done."

She shook her head frantically, moving forward and clutching my face with her hands. "No! You can't do this, Y/N. Please don't do this. I love you so much."

I could see the sincerity in her glassy eyes, and I knew she meant every word, but I couldn't give in. I had to do what was right. I wasn't going to put myself through this again.

"I love you, too," my voice cracked harshly, making her visibly flinch. "But, we have to. I'm so sorry."

Realisation dawned on her that I was serious and wasn't going to give in; her green eyes dulled and she frowned, obviously not affected by the tears that were streaming down her cheeks. I used my hand to wipe a few away, but more replaced them.

"You should go now."

It pained me to say it, but I had to. I took her hands in mine, kissing them gently, before lowering them to her side. She didn't fight, didn't argue, didn't protest. She seemed weak as she allowed me to do what I wanted to. So, I took this as my chance to lead her to the front door. Times like this was when I was glad my parents worked all day, otherwise they would have been here to witness this disaster.

When we stopped at the front door, I glanced at her, taking her appearance in one more time. I wasn't planning on seeing her again because I knew I would give in. Yeah, maybe in the future we could make this work, but right now, it was going nowhere.

"Please," she tried once more, frowning desperately.

I shook my head and opened the door, allowing the cool breeze from outside to hit my tear stained cheeks and make them feel cold. I looked at her once more and knew it would be the last. So, I did what I wanted to. I kissed her.

It was a soft, gentle kiss, that took her a few seconds to return, but when she did, I knew she meant if. It was as if she was trying to convince me to stay with her, and as much as I wanted to give in, it took a lot of willpower to stay strong.

I pulled away and my finger trailed the outline of her lips. The lips I would never see or touch or feel against mine, ever again. This thought sent another tear down my cheek, and I could hear her breathing hitch, making me feel even worse that I did this to the woman I love.

"Goodbye, Lauren," I whispered, looking directly into her eyes. I needed to show her that it wasn't forever, but only for now. I don't know if she realised, but she did reply once more. And it was the last word I heard from her at that moment in time.

"Goodbye, Y/N."

//

So this is the prologue to my short story and I was curious to know if you all wanted more? If not I'm deleting it lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501K 16.9K 47
Y/N Y/L/N, she is a nerd and everybody treats her like she's invisible. She hates high school and she kept begging her mom if she could be homeschool...
3.6K 56 26
You and Lauren Story. Pre Fifth Harmony days. This is a remake of This Is The life. Follow the life and story of Y/N and see the career and love that...
15.8K 394 16
Y/n is trying to survive high school with her 2 best friends. Things are going fine for her until she meets Camila. It's no secret Y/n's relationship...
163K 5.9K 68
She's all I ever wanted but not something I expected. This is a story about Y/N and how she never gets what she wanted. She always gets the exact opp...