The T-rex Rider

By Fragile_thing

Brooke May has been working at the park for three years as an ACU solider. Over the years she had been workin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 3

5.7K 121 8
By Fragile_thing

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and remember to keep SMILING! :-)

Love

Marf. xxx

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_**

*Earlier that day*

Brookes P.O.V.

After Owen and Barry had left I had stayed standing bored out of my mind. I think about the drawing I did earlier yesterday. Then a ringing noise distracts me, pulling my phone from my pocket I see that Claire is calling me. Rolling my eyes I answer it.

'Hello Claire, how may I help you on this beautiful day?' I ask.

'My nephews, Gray and Zach, arrived yesterday and I need you to...'

'No.' I cut in.

'You don't even know what I was going to say.' Claire complains.

'I am not babysitting your nephews.'

'I need you too!' Claire whines.

'They are your nephews, why aren't you watching them?' I ask.

'Just do this job for me and I won't have you fired for messing with the T-rex!' Claire snaps.

'Fine.' I grumble, then Claire hangs up. 'Hey, I have to go do babysitting I'll see you later.' I shout over to another guard, he just nods.

A couple minutes later I have arrived at the centre looking around for two boys. Then someone runs into me.

'I'm sorry.' a boy around the age of thirteen says to me.

'It's okay, urm weird question but are you called Gray?' I ask.

'Yes, how do you know that?' he questions.

'Gray! Get back here.' an older boy shouts, who I guess is Zach.

'Your Aunt Claire sent me to give you a tour.' I say to them both.

'Of course she did.' Zach mutters, 'So you work here?'

'Yeah, I'm in the ACU and I may or may not have started working with the T-rex.' I say with a smile.

'That's cool, so where do we go first?' Gray asks.

'Well I need to check on Cam,' I say, then seeing their confused faces I explain, 'The T-rex.'

I turn and walk out the centre leading them to one of the jeeps parked outside. During the drive Zach stays on his phone, while Gray doesn't stop talking about random dinosaur facts.

Once we reach the T-rex enclosure, we walk into the viewing area, 'Hey could you send in a cow, please?' I ask the assistant.

'Sure.'

The four of us then watch as a cow is lowered into the enclosure, I see Cam appear and head straight for the meat. I hear Zach gasp and Gray squeal in excitement. Cam finishes up the cow and turns to the viewing area seeing me she runs forward.

'Stay here a second boys.' I tell them. Then I press a button and walk out into the enclosure. Cam sees me and stops lowing her head to the ground, I rub between her eyes whispering to her, 'So girl we have some visitors and maybe you could say hi to them.' Cam turns her head to the side and stares at me with her golden eye watching me, then she tosses her head. Smiling I walk back into the viewing area. 'So do you guys want a close encounter?' I ask them smiling widely.

'Yes!' Gray shouts.

'You mean we get to go in there?' Zach asks sceptically.

'Sure, Claire told me to give you a tour so I may as well give you the full experience.' I answer, 'follow me.' I tell them while pressing the button and walking back into the enclosure with Cam. I see that she is watching the two boys behind me. 'Cam, this is Zach and Gray. Zach, Gray meet Cam. Now Cam lower your head please.' I say

Cam stands still for a moment contemplating what to do, then she roars loudly shaking her head. I raise an eyebrow at her, seeing this she lowers her head to the ground. I start stroking her to keep her calm, then motioning to the boys for them to come forward and stroke her to. At first they are hesitant but then Gray steps forward and strokes her, Zach following him.

'Want to ride her?' I ask.

'Can we really?' Gray asks.

'Well, I have ridden her before. I haven't seen if anyone else can yet but then you are the first strangers to stroke her and not be bitten so I think she likes you.' I tell them.

'Wait, so we are your Guinea pigs!' Zach shouts, startling Cam.

'Good girl Cam, stay calm. And yes you are, but I think it's going well.' I say.

'Please Zach!' Gray whines.

'Fine.' Zach grumbles.

'Ok Cam, piggy back.' I tell her, Cam lowers herself to the ground even more, I turn to Gray and grab by the waist. I put him on her neck, then turning to Zach I help him onto her as well. Once both of them have settled on her back, I climb on in front of them and tap Cam's head. 'You might want to hold on.' I warn them, I feel Gray wrap his arms around my waist and then Zach's arms wrapped around both of us.

Then Cam raises her head and is standing at her full height, then I tap the left side of her head. Cam then starts walking around the enclosure. After we have done three laps, I double tap her head to stop, she does then I triple tap her head and she lowers herself to the ground. I slide off first then help the boys off. 'You two go back in to the viewing area.' I tell them, I watch as they leave, I turn back to Cam and hug her head. 'I'm so proud of you girl! Well done.' I say, Cam then puffs air in my face before standing and walking away. I enter the viewing area, 'So how was that?'

'I loved it! That was amazing.' Gray squeals.

'It was pretty cool, I guess.' Zach says with a shrug.

'Ok well now we have had some fun, I need to quickly go to a friend's house before we go to the valley.' I tell them.

I go back to the jeep and they climb in Zach riding shotgun. After a few minutes driving we reach Owen's bungalow. I notice that his bike is gone meaning that he isn't home.

'Is it your boyfriend's house?' Zach asks.

'No, he is just a friend.' I reply.

I leave the jeep on playing music for the boys while I quickly run in. Walking in I find the kitchen, then spotting the table I go over to it. I open my jacket and bring out one of my drawing pads I put it on the table before turning and leaving his house. I turn the jeep around and drive to the valley. I pull up to the car park and turn off the engine.

'So what have you seen already?' I ask, now realising I should have asked sooner.

'We saw the Mosasaurs!' Gray answers.

'That's great, I was here when she hatched, and I helped her into the lake. I use to swim with her when she was only 10 feet, but I had to stop because she got too big. I think she is now about 60 feet. I named her Teresa.' I sat smiling at the memory.

We walk over to the Gryosphere's and go in the VIP line, once we reach the front the guy working here looks up and smiles at me.

'How many?' he asks.

'Three.' I answer, then a cracking noise comes from my radio, 'Hang on a second.' I say before walking a short distance.

'Are there any ACU near the valley?' a voice says

'This is Brooke May, ACU. How may I help?'

'One of the asset's has disappeared we need you to come to the armoury ASAP.' He tells me.

'Ok, I'll be there in a minute. Over and out.' I reply, I jog back to the boys, 'Change that to two,' I tell the guy. Looking at the boys I smile, 'Sorry guys, I have to go, misplaced dinosaurs to hunt.'

'Ok, thanks for a great day so far.' Gray says hugging me. I pat his back not use to hugs.

'No problem bud, I'll try and find you later and take you to see the raptors.' I say, before turning and walking to the jeep. 'Bye!'

'Bye.' Both the boys shout back.

Owen's P.O.V.

I barge into the control room. Claire looks at me relieved she runs up and hugs me, feeling awkward I just pat her back. She lets go and smiles at me, I just frown at her.

'What happened back there?' I ask.

'I didn't know that would happen! How should I know that a dinosaur could possibly hide its temperature?' Claire defends herself.

'I told you it was a bad idea to make a dinosaur! So what do we do now?' I ask.

'There is a security team out to capture it, they left a couple minutes ago.' Claire replies trying to reassure someone probably her.

'They have non-lethal weapons with them.' Lowery tells me. I pause, Non-lethal weapons? Were they trying to kill them! They wouldn't stand a chance even with real guns.

'Seriously? They won't make it back alive!' I shout angrily.

That's when I spot what's on the screen, it was a live video feed from ACU body cameras. On the screen was the team's profiles and heart rates.

'Call them back. You have to evacuate the island!' I tell them.

'400 meters to target.' I hear a voice say, my heart stops, I would know that voice anywhere. It was Brooke's.

Panicked I start shouting again, 'Call them back. NOW!' I would never forgive myself if Brooke got hurt.

'Mr Grady, if you can't control yourself, I'll make you leave.' Claire tells me. 'Its fine they are going to capture it.' Claire repeats.

'It's Owen, now call them BACK!' I shout.

'It's too late for that.' Lowery says pointing, to the screen.

Brookes P.O.V.

I look in front of me and see, a piece of dinosaur skin, looking closer I see that there is a tracking device stuck on it. Confused I turn and face the other guards showing them what I had found. Then I feel something drip on my head, looking up I feel another drip on my face, putting my hand to the substance I wipe it on my hand then bring it back to look at it. Blood.

'IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE!' one of the guards shouts, turn around and see the dinosaur we were hunting.

'What the hell kind of dinosaur is this?' I shout as I take my gun out and start shooting it.

All around me chaos is going on. I watch as slowly my team is killed in front of me, I keep shooting it fuelled by anger. My mind goes to when I was in the army, no, not a time to think of that.

'Hey Lowery,' I radio in, 'I have no idea if you can hear this my radio is broken so let's hope the camera is still working. Just wanted to say, you were a great friend and I need a favour, make sure they treat Cam well. Viv I love you and everything but relax a bit more and just let him take you on a date.' I pause as I run behind a tree and continue shooting the dinosaur. 'Claire, I guess you will hear this, your nephews are great kids and they are in the Valley so get them out of there. Now I need you guys to tell Barry that he is the best mentor anyone could ask for and that he is the best cook. Tell Owen, tell Owen that...' I never get to finish the sentence because the dinosaur comes round the corner and swipes at me with its claws. I fall down and look at my left shoulder that is now bleeding, I stand up wobbling on my feet but then the dinosaur hits me with its tail sending me flying backwards, I hit a tree and black out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 4.6K 23
Dinosaurs roamed the Earth over 65 million years ago, but in 1993, a man by the name of John Hammond with the help of geneticist introduced them to a...
203K 6.8K 19
Erin Harper had finally achieved her goal in life, to become a trainer at Jurassic World, and she was! Erin was the Pterodactyl trainer. Even though...
32.4K 865 17
Brook has got the best job in the world. Working as a DNA specialist at Jurassic World. She helps create the dinosaurs that people come to see. Whi...
116K 2.6K 23
You are the indominus Rex. You run the island. Your half human. When everyone comes back to the island to save Blue, what will happen to you? Will...