The T-rex Rider

By Fragile_thing

Brooke May has been working at the park for three years as an ACU solider. Over the years she had been workin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 2

6K 119 4
By Fragile_thing

Hey guys,

So here is the next Chapter, hope you enjoy. I would like to dedicate this chapter to @-GivesYouHell for being the first to comment. I love hearing what you guys think.

Bye for now, keep SMILING! :-)

Love

Marf. xxx

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Brookes P.O.V.

I wake up and look at the clock. Crap! It was 11AM, I was late for work. I get out of bed and change into my work clothes. Brushing dark brown hair and putting it in pony tail. I run out of my room and head down the corridor. Being part of the ACU meant that I had to sleep in the halls with the other guards. Not having time for food, I leave the building and go over to my quad. Starting it up I head over to the Raptors enclosure and hope that no one will notice that I'm late.

Reaching the enclosure I turn of my bike and run up the stairs to my post. Owen turns and looks at me smiling, 'nice to see you today Brooke.'

'Yeah, I know it's always great to see me.' I joke, Owen just rolls his eyes and focuses back on the Raptors.

I watch as he tosses each of the Raptors a rat. Then he dismisses the Raptors and stands watching them.

'PIG LOOSE! Pig loose!' Frank one of the assistants shouts.

I watch as he runs across the walkway with a pole, dangling it to where the pig is running. Just as the pig goes throw the loop Echo runs and grabs it, causing Frank to fall into the enclosure. Without thinking I drop my Drawing pad and jump over the railing, once I hit the ground I run over to Frank and stand in front of him shielding him from the Raptors. I hear other ACU men drawing their guns and aiming them at the Raptors.

'NO! Hold your fire.' I tell them, not taking my eyes from the Raptors. I hear the gate open behind us, 'Kid, I want you to get out of here now.' I hear Frank run out the enclosure but to my horror I hear someone running in.

'Put twelve amps in those animals and they're never going to trust me again.' Owen shouts from beside me.

I see the men relax a little but still have the guns pointing at the Raptors. 'Blue, you going to be a good girl and stand down?' I tell her, my hand outstretched in front of her face.

'What are you doing?' Owen snaps at me, as we slowly back towards the gate. 'Delta, I can see you, back up.'

'Give me the lecture once we are out of here.' I snap back. 'Stand down.' I say firmly, the Raptors all stop and watch me.

'Close the gate,' Owen tells Barry.

'Are you crazy?!?' Barry shouts at him. 'What about Brooke?'

'Just close the gate, Bar.' I grumble.

I hear the gate slowly closing, glancing at Owen I see he is watching me. I nod my head telling him to go, instead he starts mouthing, One...Two...Three...

Both of us turn and run to the gate the Raptors chasing us. We slide under it just in time, I get up and offer Owen a hand. Pulling him up I smile at him before turning to Frank.

'You the new guy?' I ask, he just nods still in shock, 'ever occur to you why a spot opened up?' his eyes widen as he walks away. I just think over what I have just done, I controlled the Raptors. But why would they listen to me?

'You ok?' Owen asks as he steps in front of me.

'Yeah, just peachy.' I answer smiling, then Owen grabs my shoulders.

'THEN WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WHERE DOING!' he shouts while shaking me, I flinch and step away from him. 'The Raptors aren't tame they could have eaten you!'

'Then why did you go in there?' I snap at him.

'Because... Because...' he stutters unsure of his answer.

'See, I was just doing my job, protect humans from dinosaurs. I have watched you train these Raptors for three years, I learnt your method. I've bonded with the Raptors, three years of spending time with them does that. Also I practiced you're method so I know what I'm doing.' I tell him.

Before he can reply I turn and walk up the stairs back to my post. Once there I take gun in hand and stare emotionlessly out into the distance. Ignoring everything around me and for once doing my job properly. Out of the corner of my eye I see Owen throw his hands up in defeat, then turning and walking over to his bike and riding off.

'You know he was just worried about you.' Barry tells me, 'he cares about you a lot and doesn't want you to get hurt.'

'He doesn't show it.' I reply sadly.

'That's because he is scared. Just next time don't run head first in to danger.' Barry tells me as he walks over to his jeep.

'It's my job!' I shout at him, making him laugh.

Owens P.O.V.

As I drive back to my bungalow, I think over what just happened. Why would she waltz into the enclosure without a care in the world, doesn't she know how dangerous they are? It was like she had no regard for her life. Then she said she had practiced my techniques that confused me. When she had asked me why I went in there, I couldn't tell her that it was because of her. Ever since I had met her she had fascinated me and always kept me on my toes I never knew what would happen next with her. Once I get to my bungalow by the lake, I turn off my bike and go in and grab a beer from the fridge. I change my shirt into an old one then I grab my tool kit and go outside to work on my bike.

After a while I hear a car pull up behind me, a door opened and then the clicking of heels that I know means only one thing.

Claire.

'um, Mr Grady.'

'Owen.' I tell her for the millionth time.

'Right, Owen.'

'What is it?' I ask, as I continue working.

'Mr Grady.' I cough,' I mean, Owen. Mr Masrani asked for you to check the Indominus Rex's paddock for any vulnerabilities.'

'Is it a new dinosaur? Because I have never heard of it.' I mutter.

'A genetically modified one.' Claire nods.

'So you just went and made a new dinosaur?' I question, 'yeah not a good idea.'

'Well we needed a new attraction.'

'Why me?' I question.

'Mr Masrani thought that since you are able to control the raptors it was either you or...'

'It's all about control with you,' I interrupt her, 'what I have with the raptors isn't control, it's a relationship based on respect. It's one reason why you and I never had a second date.'

'Owen, this is an asset.' She replies, ignoring my jab at her. Although I never wanted a second date because that's when Brooke came on the scene.

'Look, I know you are in charge. Lots of tough decisions and it's not easy to image these are animals not just numbers on a spreadsheet.' I pause. 'They are alive, you might have made them in a test tube, but they don't know that. They think, I gotta eat. I gotta hunt. I gotta,' I pause and punch the air showing sex, 'surely you can relate to one of those things?' I ask.

'Whatever, just be there, okay?' Claire says.

'Yeah, I will.' I tell her, still working on my bike.

Twenty minutes later I set off for the enclosure, there I see Claire leaning standing next to her car, waving her hand around while she was on the phone. I cut off the engine of my bike and hear what Claire's saying.

'Just do this job for me and I won't have you fired for messing with the T-rex!' Claire snaps at whoever is on the other side of the line. My interest is spiked instantly, who's messing with the T-rex and in what way. Claire then hangs up and turns her attention to me, 'You came.'

'We want you to take a look at the Indominus Rex's paddock and check for any weaknesses.' Claire tells me.

I nod while entering the viewing area. 'Is it alone?'

'Well, there was a sibling, but she ate it.' Claire tells me awkwardly.

I then notice that there are cracks on the glass, 'what happened?'

'She tried to break the glass.' Claire says like it is normal, 'Lower the crane.' Claire tells the assistant. I watch as a cable lowers a cow carcass on a hook.

'That's how you feed it?' I question.

'We tried sending in live animals, but she learned where the food came from and attacked the handler.' Claire says.

'So the only relationship with anything that she has is with that crane. So where is she?' I ask.

'It must be somewhere here. I saw it this morning.'

I step over to one side, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Scratches on the wall draw my eye. 'Hey Claire, were there always 40 foot claw marks on the walls?' I ask.

'No.' she says a look of shock on her face.

'Is there any way to check?'

'Yeah, can you turn on the heat sensors?' Claire asks the assistant.

He goes on the computer and turns on the heat sensors scanning the enclosure. The screen then flashed showing nothing.

'It's not in there. Oh God! She got out. Stay here, I'm going to control to check the coordinates.' She tells me before leaving.

I unlock the door to the paddock and walk in with two other workers. We go over and examine the scratches.

'That wall is at least 40 feet up. What could have climbed that?' One of them asks me.

'It depends. It depends on what kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab.' I mumble,

My radio crackles to life. 'Asset...In...Need...Out...'

'What? Could you repeat that?' I ask.

'IT'S IN THERE WITH YOU!'

I feel the ground shaking, turning around I see the Indominus Rex. It looked just like a T-rex but bigger and it had longer arms. We all start running for the gate, hearing a scream behind me I see one of the workers getting eaten by the dinosaur. The gate opens enough for us to slip through, I press the button to close the gate. Unfortunately she barged out of the gate. I slide under the nearest jeep, looking around I cut the fuel line with my knife spraying gasoline all over me. I hold my breath as the Indominus rex lower its head, one of its scarlet eyes glaring at me, then it walks away. I release the breath I was holding and crawl out from under the car, running to my bike getting on I speed off to the control room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 979 10
BOOK TWO - SEQUEL TO 'DORKS' • "What did I tell you about winking, Mitchell?" "That it drives you wild." • It's been three years since the fall of Ju...
326K 9.8K 62
Anya Masrani. Is any other description needed? No, but I'll give you one anyway. Despite being the daughter of one of the richest men in the world...
317K 9K 13
Hadley Braeden is the new Velociraptor trainer at Jurassic World. Her and her partner, Owen Grady, must stick together to survive when the Indominus...
187K 5.1K 19
Nicole works at Jurassic World. She has been working there for five years now. She works as an animal behaviorist and she also works along side Owen...