The Girl in the Glade // Twin...

By teenwolfgirl90

[CURRENTLY BEING EDITED] Clara is a simple girl trying to survive. Her new life finds her among roughly 50 b... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
Author's Note
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

twenty two

1.2K 24 0
By teenwolfgirl90

Thomas' POV

"We need something long enough to let us investigate it. We need rope or something." I told Minho as we stood outside the griever hole by the cliff. The hole was literally floating in midair and there was no safe way to really investigate it. Minho refused to let me climb in and see what happened, said it's too risky but we had to find a way. We had to find out what was on the other end.

Minho shook his head, aggravated. We'd been standing there for nearly an hour discussing our options and the possibilities no longer seemed endless. "We don't have rope Thomas! We can try the ivy if you really want but I don't think it will work. Let's just go back to the glade and look around for something. For anything that can help us."

"That's what Clara's doing." I replied quietly, still focused on the floating square. Clara had begged us to come investigate the griever hole but she still hadn't regained her strength from the changing or the night in the maze quite yet. She insisted after three days she was perfectly fine but we could all see otherwise. She still used Newt to help her get around so there was no way she could come out here.

"Well, it's about time we need to head back so let's talk to Clara and see if she has any ideas." Minho said, turning and leading the way back to the glade.

Things had been rather quiet after the other girl came up although she was still in a coma. Clara had taken to caring for her and mentioned that the girl mumbled in her sleep but nothing was coherent.

We crossed the threshold into the glade and noticed everything appeared normal for the most part. Everyone was doing their usual jobs and even Alby was walking around like he used to.

"Thomas!" I turned to see Chuck running full speed for me and smiled lightly at him.

"What's up Chuck?"

"It's the girl! She's awake!" He nearly yelled with excitement.

I ran to the medihut with Minho right behind me and stopped suddenly when my eyes met hers. Clara was sitting next to her with her back to me and the girl's eyes immediately locked on mine when we walked in. Now, I definitely knew her. I walked up to her somewhat cautiously and Clara glanced at me over her shoulder.

"Tommy, sit." She gestured for me to sit next to her as she turned so she could see the girl and me.

I sat next to her and she smiled up at me. "This is Teresa. Teresa, this is Thomas." Clara said, gesturing between us.

I nodded at the girl and she smiled politely at me but I could tell she still seemed nervous.

"She said your name when she woke up." Clara whispered to me.

My eyes met Teresa's again and she shrugged in response.

"I don't remember. I actually don't remember anything other than my name." Teresa replied with a sad smile, glancing at Clara.

"None of us did. You may get some memories back in time." Clara said, gently placing her hand on Teresa's leg. Teresa smiled lightly at her and nodded, looking down at her crossed legs.

"Hey, we're calling a gathering." Gally announced as he entered the medihut. "Clara, we want you there. Thomas can stay with the girl." He turned and quickly walked out and Minho followed.

Clara glanced at me before standing. "If you need anything I'll have my ears on." She walked out, joining Newt as he appeared in the doorway. I watched her a moment longer before turning back to Teresa.

Teresa was actively trying not to look at me, playing with her shoe laces instead.

"So...you have questions I'm sure?"

She nodded silently and stood. "Can you show me around?"

"Usually Alby does but I don't think he'll care. Come on." I decided that it'd be easier to just sit on top of the lookout and point to things so that's where we ended up.

We sat with our legs draped over the side as I pointed out where and what everything was.

"And that thing that Clara went to, what's that?" She asked, watching the council hall.

"A gathering. Where all the keepers go to discuss stuff. In this case, probably you."

Her eyes widened when she looked at me. "What would they discuss about me?"

"The note you had when you were sent up. I just think everyone's on edge about what's to come."

She nodded but her eyes remained on the hall. When the door opened Teresa jumped up and went surprisingly fast down the ladder, running to the hall. I stayed where I was and watched as she waited nervously for Clara. As soon as Clara walked out Teresa went to her and they started talking.

Clara glanced around before walking Teresa over to a tree she liked to sit at and they both sat and continued talking. I wonder what they're talking about.

"Doing okay Tommy?"

I glanced over my shoulder as Newt sat beside me, his eyes on the girls too.

"Yeah. It's just weird. I wonder why she's so comfortable around Clara." I looked at him and he shrugged.

"I wondered that too. Clara hasn't said anything to me though. Perhaps I'll ask her about it later."

I nodded and returned my attention to the girls. Teresa was talking about something and Clara was giving her her undivided attention.

"What do you think they're talking about?"

"I don't know, Newt. Maybe Wicked? Maybe Teresa remembers something. I don't really know. I know that Teresa was speaking telepathically to Clara before she came though so maybe that has something to do with it."

"Think they were friends then? Or maybe it's because they're the only girls here?" Newt sighed and stood. "Never mind, I don't bloody know but I'll find out." He walked away with a different determination that made me grin. I looked back at the girls and they were now walking towards the maze doors. This couldn't be good.

I quickly made my way over to them, right behind Newt, and overheard Clara telling Teresa about the grievers.

"Really? Like a giant bug?" Teresa stepped closer to Clara when Newt and I reached them, an arch in her brow.

"Yes. They're what nightmares are made of. Trust me." Clara smiled a sad smile at Teresa before reaching out for Newt's hand.

"What are you guys talking about?" Newt asked, grabbing Clara's hand.

"I was just filling her in on all things glade." Clara replied with a small smile. She glanced at me then looked back at Teresa. "I figured it would be easier for her to hear it from me than any of you guys."

"Why is that?" I couldn't help but ask. I wanted to know why they were so connected to each other.

"Because I'm the only one here that truly understands how she's feeling. You guys don't know what it's like to wake up to fifty boys surrounding you and you're the only girl. Or one of the only girls. It's terrifying. I was lucky to recognize Newt when I woke up otherwise it would have been much worse for me." Clara replied calmly, turning away from the maze.

I noticed Newt and Teresa both watching her carefully and I couldn't imagine what she was thinking. She was right, it had to be terrifying to wake up with no memories and realize there's not one other girl here. Especially since they were both injured or unconscious when they got here.

"I'm glad I recognized you." Teresa mumbled to Clara.

Clara smiled brightly at her and patted her shoulder. "I'm glad you did too. I'm glad you're here with us now. Come on, I think we should get your welcome bonfire going."

"It's odd you were both unconscious for your first three days here." Newt mentioned as we began walking towards the homestead.

I looked up at him in confusion. "Clara was out for three days? Why?"

"I was attacked by guards when Chase tried to get me here." She replied, eyes on the homestead. A bright smile lit up her face when Chuck came running towards us. "Hey, Chuckie."

"Hey, Clara! Can you help me with something really quick?" He spoke quietly but we could all still hear him.

"Of course." She smiled at Newt before wrapping an arm around Chuck's shoulder and following him to his hammock.

I glanced at Teresa who watched her nervously.

"You have nothing to worry about here. You're safe with us." I told her with what I hoped was a reassuring smile.

She blushed slightly and nodded, keeping an eye on Clara.

"You want to help us set up for the fire?"

She looked up at Newt and nodded. "Yes, definitely."

We all started gathering wood and when Alby walked around the group, all of the gladers formed a circle around him and the fire was ready.

"This has been...a rough week. We don't know what's coming or what will happen but we have each other and that's what matters!" Alby yelled trying to get the group hyped up. I watched him carefully and noticed Clara and Chuck had made their way into the group at the back by Minho. Clara had her hands on Chuck's shoulders and was watching Alby speak. She whispered something to him that made him laugh and he covered his mouth with his hand so no one would hear him.

Teresa stood nervously between Newt and I and I saw her still staring at Clara. There was something either she wasn't telling anyone or her and Clara were hiding. Something they both knew.

"Very similarly to Clara, our new greenie wasn't able to be up and going the day she got here so tonight we celebrate her arrival. Everyone, Teresa!" Alby yelled out, gesturing to her. He clapped with the crowd and Teresa's face turned bright red.

I watched Gally pass a torch to Newt and continue through the crowd searching out the other keepers.

"Tonight we celebrate the lives that remain! Keepers, ready!" Alby raised his own torch and all of the keepers made their way to the front of the crowd. "Now!"

The wood caught fire instantly and we all watched quietly until Alby cheered, loudly. The crowd erupted in cheers then and the party began. My eyes lingered on Clara a moment more before I made my way over to where she and Minho stood, talking. Her hands still rested on Chuck's shoulders and he had a very large smile on his face that had everything to do with her. She just had that effect on people.

A/N: This was somewhat of a filler but it's just to brace you all for what's to come. Everything will start picking up over the next few chapters so prepare yourselves! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 5.6K 55
You wake up in the Glade, just like everyone else did. Except, you're the only girl. You end up becoming friends with almost everyone, and become ver...
The Girl By gabbs

Fanfiction

94.8K 1.6K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
240K 7.9K 32
You're only the second girl to wake up in the Glade, disoriented and confused. The only difference: you remember everything. Every Glader, every cust...
301K 6.2K 39
☆~°His Cure°~☆ ☆~°Newt X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) was one of the first Gladers, she was only 13 when she arrived not long after Alby and Minho, Newt cam...