Greek Mythology

Av Aaleiahross

PS; THIS IS NOT MINE,THIS IS FROM A WEBSITE THAT I USED TO READ AND I JUST THOUGHT OF SHARING IT TO YOU GUYS... Mer

Greek Mythology
First Dynasty
Second Dynasty
Division of The World
THEORIES AS TO THE ORIGIN OF MAN.
Zeus
Wives of Zeus
Hera
Pallas Athene
Aphrodite
Demeter
Artemis
Themis
Hestia
Hephæstus
Helios
Hecate
Selene
Poseidon
Hades
Ares
Hermes
Dionysus
Oceanus
Nereus
Proteus
Triton and The Tritons
Glaucus
Thetis
Thaumas,Phorcys and Ceto
Leucothea
The Sirens
The Harpies
Erinyes, Eumenides(Furiæ, Diræ).
Fates (Parcæ).
Nemesis
NIGHT AND HER CHILDREN. DEATH, SLEEP, AND DREAMS.
Thanatos and Hypnus
Morpheus
The Gorgons
Grææ
Sphinx
Tyche and Ananke
Ker
Ate
Eros and Psyche
Hymen
Iris
Hebe
Ganymedes
The muses
The Hespirades
Charites
Horæ
The Nymphs
Water Nymphs
Dryades
Nymphs of the Valleys and Mountains
The Winds
Pan
The Satyrs
Priapus
Asclepias
Janus
Flora
Robigus
Pomona
Vertumnus
Pales
Picus
Picumnus and Pilumnus
Silvanus
Terminus
Consus
Libitina
Laverna
Comus
The Camenæ
Genii
Manes
Penates
Public Worships
Statues
Altars
Priests
Sacrifices
Oracles
Soothsayers
Greek Festivals
Thesmophoria
Dionysia
Panathenæa
Roman Festival
Cerealia
Vestalia
PART II.-LEGENDS.
Perseus
Ion
Dædalus And Icarus
Panathenæa
The Argonauts
The story of the Golden Fleece
Pelops
Haracles
Bellephon
Theseus
Œdipus
The seven againts Thebes
The Epigoni
Alcmaeon and the neclace
The Heraclidæ
The siege of troy

Pegasus

565 6 0
Av Aaleiahross

PEGASUS.

Pegasus was a beautiful winged horse who sprang from the body of Medusa when she was slain by the hero Perseus, the son of Zeus and Danaë. Spreading out his wings he immediately flew to the top of Mount Olympus, where he was received with delight and admiration by all the immortals.

A place in his palace was assigned to him by Zeus, who employed him to carry his thunder and lightning. Pegasus permitted none but the gods to mount him, except in the case of Bellerophon, whom, at the command of Athene, he carried aloft, in order that he might slay the Chimæra with his arrows.

The later poets represent Pegasus as being at the service of the Muses, and for this reason he is more celebrated in modern times than in antiquity. He would appear to represent that poetical inspiration, which tends to develop man's higher nature, and causes the mind to soar heavenwards.

The only mention by the ancients of Pegasus in connection with the Muses, is the story of his having produced with his hoofs, the famous fountain Hippocrene.

It is said that during their contest with the Pierides, the Muses played and sang on the summit of Mount Helicon with such extraordinary power and sweetness, that heaven and earth stood still to listen, whilst the mountain raised itself in joyous ecstasy towards the abode of the celestial gods. Poseidon, seeing his special function thus interfered with, sent Pegasus to check the boldness of the mountain, in daring to move without his permission.

When Pegasus reached the summit, he stamped the ground with his hoofs, and out gushed the waters of Hippocrene, afterwards so renowned as the sacred fount, whence the Muses quaffed their richest draughts of inspiration.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Ariahmphitrite~

Pegasus~

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

50.8K 2.8K 37
A woman that rules men got transmigrated to a Duchess who is a slave of a mere man.
4.5M 112K 46
Wild, untamed and fierce- that's Tatiana Faith Follosco. Para sa kanya, chill lang ang buhay. She loves to party with her friends and make crazy dare...
11.6K 529 36
Meet Nalia Sanchez. The leader of black roses. She grew up alone because her parents died at the same time after she was born. She built a dangerous...
61.8M 1.7M 40
She is Ariela Davis, an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. Pero dahil sa isang insidente kinailangan niyang lumipat sa bagong school sa gitna ng ka...