Don't go Changing - Season 3

By XxRoxannerawrXx

Rosangela Rossi, or should that be Salvatore just wants a normal life. Of course she can't have that when Ste... More

Elena's 18th
Full moon searching and finding
Chicago
When things go wrong
When Klaus decides to play

Doors Opening

2.3K 93 69
By XxRoxannerawrXx

I got out of bed and went down to get some blood. Three days ago I would have been surprised at what I saw, now it was normal. Bodies lined the floor and I sighed; of course I was the one on the clean up mission. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a coffee, the sight of two dead girls making me put off blood for a couple of hours.

“its your brother... how about you clean it up for once” I snapped at Damon as I heard him walk into the kitchen.

“who said the girls at the bottom of the stairs were him” he smirked, winked then walked off with an empty glass.

This was what I was having to deal with. A dick of an ex and a blood addict. Remind me why I didn’t just leave mystic falls. I let out a massive sigh when I saw Stefan playing some sort of sick game of twister with several alive girls.

“you know, it’s alright because Rosa will clean up after me... hey I don’t even have to worry about the Prussian rug because she’s a witch that can remove blood stains easily” I snipped, glaring at Stefan.

“this is more my house than your house... don’t like it, leave” Stefan shrugged.

“This is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena and I? You haven’t gone to check on her once and you are really starting to piss me off” I growled.

“Damon, control your dog before I have to kick it out” Stefan demanded and my mouth fell open.

Before Stefan knew what was happening I had him pinned against a wall, my fangs bared.

“one, Damon doesn’t own me. Two Damon is nothing to do with me. Three I own 1/3 of this house. Four you’re lucky that for some reason I still love you otherwise I would kill you were you stand” I growled. To make the point I pushed my hand into his chest and grabbed his heart.

“all I would have to do right now is pull... I can even cast a spell to make you live for five minutes so you can watch your own heart stop beating. I suggest you don’t annoy me again for the next millennium Stefan” I removed my hand from his chest and let go of him. Just in time for the door to knock.

No one said a word as Damon left the living room to go answer the door. Brilliant! Rebekah just walked through ranting about how her brother had left her here. Stefan made some witty comment as my smile grew.

“Stefan... do you have Klaus’ number... its very important. He forgot a piece of trash when he left” I snapped. Rebekah growled at me and I rolled my eyes.

“you might be older than me love, but I’m very pissed off. You don’t scare me” I smirked then walked out of the house.

“Rosa” Tyler answered his phone.

“you’re skipping school. Whatever you miss I’ll teach you. I need a Tyler day” I demanded.

“sure” he seemed to grin through the phone.

“meet me at the old Lockwood cellar” I stated.

“see you there, I’ll be about ten minutes” he told me then hung up.

I sat on the wall by the entrance, waiting for him to turn up. I could sense his presence ten seconds before I could see him.

“you called I’m here, at your service, willing to meet any need you have” he smirked.

“how about the need to just relax and forget about everything?” I asked.

“I feel the same” he smiled, joining me on the wall.

We talked for hours. There was nothing in particular, just everything and anything.

“are you scared?” I asked him. At some point we started holding hands but neither of us pulled away.

“a little, I mean... what does this vampire side mean for me now... like I crave blood all the time and my moods are even more temperamental now” he shrugged.

“with time it will all become easier. I still remember when I turned. I sort of know where your coming from. My magic was more powerful than ever. I could feel it, deep inside of me. Before I just knew it was there, even now if I think about it, I can feel my magic flowing through my veins like oxygen” I looked down, trying to hide my face. That sounded so stupid.

“I really wish you felt like you could trust me with this when we were together” he smiled sadly.

“you were already so confused. My world was still different to yours, I didn’t think you were in danger of any of it. I thought by not telling you I was keeping you safe. I always cared a lot about you Tyler” I breathed.

“and Damon let you go” he shook his head, but it made little sense to me.

“I mean... you’re funny, pretty, kind, wonderful... you’re perfect but imperfect at the same time and you were his, truly his... his in a way that you were never mine and he just let you go” Tyler explained.

“it’s fine” I shrugged.

“liar”  he muttered.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes and then I realised it was already early evening.

“we should go home” I told him. he nodded, but still said nothing. We both got up and then he hugged me. After the hug he bent down and placed his lips against mine. I immediately pulled away.

“Tyler I love him” I shook my head and he nodded.

“I think I prefer Caroline anyway, I just wanted to check my feelings for you were gone” he shrugged.

“and are they?” I asked.

“it felt like kissing my best friend... not totally wrong, but mostly” he explained.

“be safe Tyler, I don’t want to be saving your ass any time soon” I instructed and he nodded.

I took a slow walk back to the boarding house, watching the sun set at the same time. Once I walked in I ignored everyone and everything, heading for my room. I felt my anger boil to a new level; storming back out of my room, downstairs.

“what has happened to my room” I shouted at whoever was listening.

“guess that’s the room Rebekah chose” Damon muttered to himself.

“sorry what?” I snapped.

“Rebekah’s staying here” he sighed, downing the rest of his drink and pouring another one.

“oh the bitch is back, wondered why I could hear shouting from the bottom of the garden” Rebekah smirked.

“you can get the hell out of my room, unless you want to wake up with boils and warts in time for you to join Mystic falls high tomorrow” I glared at her.

“seeing as you asked so nicely” she smiled then walked off to move rooms.

“Hey” Elena answered her phone. I was now sitting on my bed, in my room, after casting a spell that meant no one but myself could enter here.

“you might not want to come round for a bit” I sighed.

“why?” she asked.

“Barbie Klaus is staying here... she tried to take my room” I growled.

“Rebekah... why is she living with you?” Elena’s voice told me she was clearly frowning.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. She is and pretty much everything is pissing me off” I stated.

“wow Rosa... you might want to try breathing” Elena laughed a little.

“thanks for the tip” I laughed back.

“anytime” she chuckled.

“right well, I guess I’ll see you at the bonfire tomorrow night” I muttered.

“sure, seeya” Elena hung up and I flopped back onto my bed.

*

Waking up in the morning and going downstairs to find no dead bodies was nice. It was even better when I found out the bitch and Stefan had already left for school. Then I realised that left me in the house alone with Damon. Awkward. I walked into the living room and decided to take some me time by playing piano.

After a couple of hours of practice, I grabbed a bag of blood and jumped onto the sofa, deciding to watch TV. Damon hadn’t made an appearance yet so I assume he isn’t home. Spoke to soon.

“I would say morning, but its almost evening” I snipped as he walked in the room in just his boxers.

“I’m a vampire, I’m meant to be nocturnal” he shrugged, grabbing a bottle of whiskey and walked back out again. well that was even more awkward that I thought it was going to be.

Holding back a sigh I got up to go get ready for tonight. In the shower I felt a few tears spill from my eyes as I cupped my stomach.

“it’s just you and me Sofia... us against the world” I breathed, taking one hand off my stomach to wipe my eyes. Since we broke up Damon hasn’t even mentioned her once. I don’t think he really cares about her anymore, just like he never really loved me. it was a novelty that wore off.

I got out of the shower and dressed in my normal black skinnies and black strappy top, throwing on a checked shirt and leather jacket, with some converse. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey, knowing that either Elena or Tyler would need the extra alcohol tonight.

As soon as I arrived I was being dragged away by Elena. She noticed the bottle in my hand and took it, taking a massive gulp of it before handing it back.

“I want to lock Stefan up until this Michael guy comes and the compulsion breaks” she told me.

“Stefan’s dickish behaviour getting too much?” I asked and she nodded.

“thing is Elena, compulsion is one thing, but he’s also high on human blood” I explained.

“we got him off it before” she shrugged.

“this is different, his humanity’s gone” I sighed.

“can we at least try?” she asked and I nodded. We quickly came up with a plan then rejoined the party, waiting to strike.

About an hour into the party, Tyler grabbed me and dragged me off.

“Rosa, I’m losing it... I can’t control it. I know I should ask Caroline for help... but, well I’d rather you help me” he begged.

“what part are you losing Tyler” I frowned.

“blood, every single person here I want to feed on. I compelled the coach earlier today because he was annoying me... when I’m with Caroline I think of Klaus’ thing as a gift... when I’m with you I realise it isn’t” he explained.

“you want to know the simple trick to controlling blood lust?” I asked him.

“please” he nodded.

“breathe” I shrugged.

“breathe” he frowned.

“yes breathe... breathe through it. the rest will come with time. Once you’ve got the blood under control, you’ve got it all under control... just breathe” I smiled and he nodded.

“thank you so much” he hugged me and then we walked back to the main party again.

Before I had the chance to be back at the party for five minutes Caroline was dragging me away.

“I was watching you two. He acts differently around you to when you’re not there” Caroline told me.

“differently how?” I frowned.

“pro Klaus” she shrugged.

“oh great... He’s sired” I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“what does that mean” she frowned.

“basically Klaus’ blood turned him and now he feels, loyal, he seeks acceptance from his master. It’s rare” I shrugged.

“so why doesn’t he act the same around you?” she asked.

“my magic probably calms it... my guess is if Klaus was here, he would still react even if I was around though” I sighed.

“can it be broken?” she worried.

“everything can be broken if the person who needs to do the breaking wants to break it” I answered.

“so why can’t Stefan break compelling?” she countered.

“because its not as simple as him breaking it... magic is needed. Magic that I still need to find” I sighed, leaning against a tree.

I was starting to think that tonight was one of those nights... the nights that you wish you had stayed locked up in some basement far underground so nothing could disturb you. just as I started to get this weird sense of death, I bumped into Damon. I started to fall, but was caught by someone.

“Lucinda” Damon gasped. Wait what?

I turned around and could see her. She smiled at me and then poked me to show me that she was in fact standing in front of me.

“you’re dead” I frowned at her.

“some idiot opened the doorway” she sighed, rolling her eyes.

“as in...” I gasped and she nodded.

“explain” Damon hissed.

“someone, not a person of magic either, has opened the doorway to death... ghosts can cross over here and be people” I rushed.

“oh” he breathed and I nodded. At least he didn’t need to be told that this was most certainly not a good thing.

“thing is Rosa, if the gate isn’t closed correctly then I can never contact you again. it’s hard enough as it is... you need to be the one to close it” Luc told me.

“because it needs to be closed but with a small gap, seal it off completely and no one can ever crossover from ghost to eternal rest” I muttered knowing what needed to be done.

I closed my eyes as I thought about how I was going to do this. It would be easier if a witch opened the door, it would have meant that it was done properly. Instead, whoever opened the door made a mess of it. I could feel cracks all around me in the air. Lucinda was one of the first through, but soon they would all realise and come through. Including those that should stay dead.

“Rosa, Elena needs you... now” Lucinda started to run off and I followed.

A fire was racing towards Rick’s car and Elena was stuck in it.

“Vicki” I gasped. Her eyes widened when she realised that I could see her and she was suddenly gone.

“deal with Elena, I’ve got her” Lucinda smiled and then she too was suddenly gone. I started to muttered spells under my breath aiming for the fire to go out. After about the tenth time of chanting it, the flames disappeared and I was over to the car, ripping the door open and pulling Elena out. Stefan tumbled out after her, both of them coughing from the smoke. I grabbed both of them and Rick, dragging them away just before the car blew up.

Suddenly Lucinda appeared again, dragging Vicki with her.

“send us back and I’ll deal with her on the other side” Lucinda told me.

“no” Vicki wriggled.

“close the door Rosa” Lucinda demanded.

“ostium clausum est in capturam, nemo magis malum spiritibus per et luceat viam ad leves spiritus qui possint aliquando visitare ad adjuvandum viventium” I chanted.

“again” she encouraged. I repeated it five times and then suddenly Lucinda and Vicki were gone.

*

Damon, Stefan, Elena and I all went back to the Boarding house. Damon took Elena off to tend to her wounds, Stefan started to drink more alcohol and I went to my room. I collapsed on the bed and stared at the mirror.

“Rosa, open up” Stefan demanded, banging on my door. With a sigh I got up and opened the door, staying behind the invisible line that meant he couldn’t touch me.

“what Stefan” I muttered.

“you and Elena got me tonight... I wasn’t expecting it. but now I am. Even before Klaus’ compulsion I would always protect you Rosa... you’re better off with me around, remember that” he smiled then walked away. He stopped and turned around, running back to my door.

“you could have let me die in that fire, but you dragged me out...” he muttered.

“I still have hope Stefan. I know who you really are. Better than anyone Stefan. I am not giving up” I stepped over the line and pressed my lips to his cheek.

“you’re my little brother, I can’t give up on you even if I want to” I breathed. I saw a flicker in his eyes and then it was gone. My Stefan was in there still somewhere, and he isn’t as deep down as I thought he was.

“night Stefan” I stepped back into my room and closed the door, crawling into my bed.

*CRASH from downstairs*

===================================

So... what was with Rosa and her mood??

Should she try to get back with Damon or convince Tyler to go back out with her?

Did Rosa close the door properly with her own made up spell or should she have used a proper one?

What was the crash?

What do you guys think about this chapter in general?

Please comment

Please vote

Please become a fan

THANK YOU J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 325 10
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. So, when Hope was being thrown out of Malivore, she told Ryan she would find a w...
30.1K 854 17
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline and her friends are seniors in high school. Caroline's mother had passed...
1.4M 34.5K 65
Alice Salvatore is Stefan and Damon's little sister. She got turned in to a vampire by her best friend Katherine Pierce, just like her two brothers a...
84.4K 2K 90
Once it was read that "to lose, it meant that you had something" but what can you do after you lost everything that ever gave you meaning? Emma Gilb...