Heart Under Construction

Від iamjanessaelliot

After Shay THINKS things are finally cut off with her abusive/obsessive boyfriend Dante of 3 miserable years... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
:)
:) Part 2

Chapter 33

9.2K 389 253
Від iamjanessaelliot

Super glad you guys all loved the last 2 chapters :). Comment y'all! Y'all be making my DAYSSSS with y'all's comments :).

Carter POV
*2 Months Later*

I'm doing much better.

I have come to the realization that my auntie is probably dancing around up there and she's not suffering or waiting to let a disease take over her body anymore.

I still have my days but I know that she wouldn't want to be stuck in a hospital all the time.

She's not here anymore.... But I know she's waiting for me up there and I'm perfectly fine with that now 😌.

These past 2 months have been rough.... Watching my whole family be truly tested of who they really are wasn't easy. And watching everybody, especially my mom, slip into a depression for awhile was not easy to witness.

My mom went to see a therapist to help her find herself again and she's doing good now! She knows she not miserable anymore and that helps her.

Knowing that my auntie is in a better place doesn't make the pain go away.... But it makes it easier to go on....

She wrote me a letter a couple months before she died because she said she knew it was gonna happen. She said she wrote them just incase anything were to happen before we got to say bye so she hid them in a hospital drawer.

In the letter she explained to me that she was so blessed that she was able to have a nephew like me in her life and that she appreciated me coming to see her all the time. She said it made the process more bearable.

She told me to take care of my mom and brother because she knew they were gonna try to hide their feelings and act like it was nothing just like she knew I was going to.

She talked about a lot of other things before she noted that she hoped I would marry Shay because she could see it written all over my face that I was deeply and genuinely in love with her and that she will always be 'the one' for me.

I smiled at that because my auntie knew me so well.

The letter brought me A LOT of closure and insight of how happy and fine my auntie truly is now.

She also wrote Shay a letter but she told me to give it to her, only when I make that big confession. I don't know when that's gonna be but I'll give it to her eventually...

She said that their letter was confidential.... 😌 My auntie so cute and goofy.

I look up and breath out as I watch Shay laugh to Alisha in the kitchen.

SHE is the reason why I made it thru.

She held it down like none other 💯.

She held me when I cried like a baby. She was patient with me when I didn't want to talk to anybody. She reassured me that their was still hope in me and shined light thru the darkest tunnels...

I let out a deep sigh of relief at the thought of Shay as I watched her laugh.

Her genuine, loud laugh made me smile... ☺

Speaking of my baby, I'm taking her to Disneyland for her birthday. She has never been there and has always wanted to go.... She don't do clubs or nothing like that (which I like) so I was taking her on a surprise trip to Disneyland.

I've been planning it for months. I can't WAIT to see her reaction when her birthday comes...

I looked back down at the board before looking back up at her.

"Gimme hug" I said to her.

She looked at me.

She was still smiling from her laugh at Alisha as she threw some paper towels away.

"What makes YOU think.... You deserve a hug?" She said smiling as she opened the fridge to get out some tea.

She was sitting it on the counter when I leaned forward and grabbed her arm as she cheesed.

"Girl if you don't give me a hug..." I trailed off smiling as I pulled her into my arms while sitting back down at the dining table.

She giggled as she wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mine around her stomach and waist.

"AWWWEEEE!!" I heard Ky yell loudly making us laugh at the volume he said it in.

"Nigga SHUT UP!" I heard Alisha say irritated after that.

After that I heard a loud smack. "OWW!" I heard Alisha yelp in pain.

She was laying on her stomach on the couch with Ky having her legs in his lap.... He probably smacked her ass hella hard.

We laughed again.

I played with Shay's soft, strapless sundress fabric as I had my arms wrapped around her.

I lifted my face up from her chest after smelling her sweet perfume.

She ALWAYS smells hella good 😩.

She put her fingers on both sides of my cheeks and pulled so that my lips would pucker up. She than moved my face around as she smiled.

"Girl whatchu..." I moved my head towards her and acted like I was gonna bite her hand. She giggled uncontrollably as she moved her hand away. I started tickling her as I smiled with small chuckled here and there.

"STOPPP!" She cried out as she laughed while trying to remove the grip of my hands that were tickling her.

She turned around and tried to get away but I pulled her back as she laughed.

I stopped tickling her as I smiled and wrapped my arm around part of her soft shoulders. She gently placed her hands on my forearm as I kissed the side of her face while we rocked to the side a little.

She smiled as I kissed the side of her face.

"Come on girl you have to go to that interview" I said lowly mentioning her New York internship interview she had to go to today.

Her boss told her that even though she left earlier, the hospital was very impressed with her so he wanted her to go on the next one that was in New York. She still had to be interviewed by a different board but she was excited...

Shay POV
*Hours Later*

I went back to my house to change into white vans, pants and a caramel colored v-neck before going over to Carter's apartment.

He said he had to pay some bills so he said he would wait for me there.

I still had about 10 minutes left to get the call of whether or not the different hospital board of coordinators liked me and wanted me to go so I was kind of nervous.

4:15 p.m. was when all the interviews would be over so that was the final deadline.

As I walked up the steps to his apartment, my phone rang.

I grew nervous. I answered it as I got my keys out.

The man told me I got it. I thanked him and was overwhelmed with joy.

I was gonna be going to New York a week before my birthday at the end of September.

YASSSS 😍.

I quickly opened the door to see Carter on the couch writing something down with papers spread out on the coffee table. I hear vibe music on in the background, it was Pusha T-No Regrets. The rap verses were on.

He slightly jumped at the sudden burst of the door opening.

I closed the door and started doing the chicken head dance as I smiled and walked inside. "AYYYEEE!!" I sang as I danced.

He burst out laughing as he began to stand up. "You got it!?" He asked excited.

Say hi to the bad guy

Say ahhh to the champagne

Got a call from my jail niggas

Said I'm doin my damn thang

"Yes she diddddd" I said smiling.

He pulled me into a huge embrace as I laughed.

"You bout to have so much fun" he said smiling, excited for me.

"After I finish this medical board" I said with a laugh as we separated.

Carter helped me on the last one I had to do. I had to make collages of case scenarios that I had to figure out. I had to do one a couple weeks ago and Carter helped me on it.

We are currently doing another one for this specific internship. He helped me yesterday and was gonna help me on it again tomorrow.... because today we wanted to take a break from it lol.

"I'm so happy for you" he says genuinely happy for me while smiling as he goes in for another hug.

I hugged him as I cheesed.

"I couldn't do it without your helppp" I said as he separated from me and bent over to my height with his hands on his knees.

I grabbed his face.

I than gently and slowly kissed his forehead. I backed away and he was smiling with his eyes closed.

I than slowly planted a gentle kiss on his left cheek.

I backed away and his eyes were closed with the small smile on his face.

I than closed my eyes and softly kissed his right cheek.

I than slowly backed away and looked at him and his eyes were still closed but the smile was gone.

I than slowly closed my eyes and gently kissed his nose for a couple seconds.

I than backed away and Carter's eyes were open.

His sexy grey eyes were looking deep into mine.

I than slowly closed my eyes and carefully kissed the side of his mouth.

I backed away and looked at him.

Not for confirmation.... But to decide whether or not I wanted to take that chance.

He was still looking deeply into my eyes with slight anticipation.

I decided I was about to chance everything.

I gently closed my eyes and slowly pecked his soft, plump lips.

I felt a huge spark.

It was like a bomb waiting to go off but it quickly ended just as fast as I felt it when he quickly backed away in the middle of the peck.

He quickly stood up causing me to let go of his face. "What was that for?" He asked suddenly.

I took a step back also and turned my body to the side as I looked around the floor.

What the fuck did I just do to myself?

"I just.... I've always wondered what it was like to kiss you" I truthfully said looking at the ground as I lifted up my arm that was closest to him up to my neck so he couldn't really see my face as I look down with my other arm lifted up to my side.

Fuck.

I didn't know what to do.

I was stuck in my own embarrassment...

I was caught off guard when I felt Carter gently grab my arm and pulled me to his muscular body. I felt a finger gently lift up my chin, lifting my face upward. I seen Carter lower himself to my face while looking in my eyes as he softly grabbed my face with both hands on the sides and found my lips.

He slowly pecked my lips as I gently and slowly wrapped my arms around his lower stomach.

It started off with a peck which caused another spark that sent chills down my spine.

He lifted his face up a little to look at my lips.

He must have felt it too.

He looked deep in my eyes for a second.

He than smashed his soft lips onto mine and pressed his body closer to mine, if it was even possible. It was so real. It was like a bomb went off.

I'm on the move I can't look back

Screamin no regrets, no regrets at all

Wasting time I can't get that back

So everyday I go hard

I had never felt like this before. The way he was kissing me....

It was passionate.

It was sexy.

It was lustful.

It was slow.

His hands went to my waist as I put my hands on his shoulders and jumped up as I wrapped my legs around his waist so we could be at the same level.

I placed my arms around his neck as he placed his big hands on both sides of my waist.

He very slowly swiped his tongue against my bottom lip letting me give him entrance.

He backed me up into the wall that was 2 feet away as I tasted his soft, strawberry flavored lips.

He gently grabbed my hands from his neck and they naturally entwined while he raised them over my head as he kissed me like he was never gonna see me again...

Than I realized something.....

It was confirmed.

Carter POV

I was FINALLY kissing the woman I've been in love with for months.

She was an AMAZING kisser.

The way that our lips moved together in sync was crazy.

It was like a bomb waiting to go off when she lit the fuze by kissing me the first time.

... I thought I was just trippin at first when I felt it, but when I kissed her the 2nd time it was amazing.

The connection we had was undenying and incredible.

I had never felt this way before.

The feeling of her lips against mine alone, made my neck hair stand up.

We were letting the bomb go off as she was still up against the wall with my hands over her head.

She slowly slid her hands down my arms with her fingertips causing chills to go all over me as her soft hands traveled slowly around my neck as we kissed so passionately.

Suddenly, she slows down the kiss even more if it was even possible as she let my bottom lip stay inbetween her soft lips. I was taking in every moment when she suddenly unwraps her legs from my waist.

"I have to go" she said quickly as I watched her hurriedly go to the door and leave.

I put my hand up against my lips as I looked at the door, they already mourned the feeling of pairing with hers and feeling the spark that our connection caused.

What the fuck just happened?

Shay POV

I ran to my car and drove home extremely fast as my mind traveled around.

I ran up to the door.

I quickly unlocked it with my hands shaking slightly and opened the door.

"ALISHA!!!" I yelled hurriedly throwing my keys and slamming the door shut.

"In here" she yelled back from the kitchen.

I went into the kitchen to see her in the refrigerator.

She looked at me. "Why are you crying?" She asked worried while closing the refrigerator and coming over to me.

I was crying?

I touched my face to feel wetness. Yep, I was crying and didn't even know it.

"I'm in love with Carter" I breathed out as hot tears ran down my face.

"What?" She said.

"I'm in love with him. We kissed!" I exclaimed.

She wide-eyed asked me questions and calmed me down. I told her the whole story.

"I have to tell him that it didn't mean anything" I said thinking outloud while she gently wiped my face as I sat down.

"What?!" She yelled confused.

"Alisha you know I can't be with him" I said seriously.

"Yes you can!!" She said scrunching her eyebrows, confused. "He's in love with you too".

"No he's no-" she cut me off.

"Yes he is!! I BEEN told you this. The way he looks at you says it all" She explained seriously.

"I don't have a choice!!" I yelled frustrated and disappointed in myself.

"Yes you do" She said softly while hugging me.

I didn't want to be in love with him.... but at the same time I didn't want him to be with anybody else.

What am I gonna tell him tomorrow?

Carter POV
*The Next Day*

Shay and I didn't talk to eachother for the rest of the day yesterday.... It wasn't because it was awkward or anything.... It was just that I think we both realized a couple things and needed to think.

I texted her this morning and told her I was still coming over to help with the board. She said "Okay" and that was it...

I breathed out as I pull up to Pookie's house.

It was windy as hell today for some reason so I had on sweatpants and a wifebeater with my old school white Air Force 1's instead of my assortment of Jordan's.

Ky's car was outside so I knew he was here.

I put my phone and keys in my pocket.

I stressfully breath out as I knock on the door.

I didn't feel right just unlocking it with my key and going in under the circumstances we were in right now.

I hear Ky and Alisha talking as the door began to open.

It was Shay.. And she was avoiding all kinds of eye contact.

She couldn't even look at me 😫.

"Hey" she said softly as she gave me a short, half hug.

I scrunch my eyebrows up at the hug she gave me.

I shake it off and try to act like that hug wasn't effecting me as I step inside and slip my shoes off. I put my keys on the tree as Shay closed the door.

She had on a grey sundress with silver stripes.

"Carter I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I got a little carried away and it was a mistake. It won't happen again" she said as she looked up at me with red eyes and swollen eyelids.

She had been crying....

I didn't speak before she went back into the kitchen.

My heart was so sore.

It meant nothing to her? Are you fucking serious?

My feelings were BEYOND hurt.

I sighed deeply before I head over to the kitchen and living room.

I look at the couch and Alisha was all cuddled up with Ky.

I went over to the couch and have a handshake with Ky before I hug Alisha.

They both knew what happened yesterday.

My head started to get hot as I went over to the kitchen table to sit down. Shay was mixing something on the stove.

After sitting down, I pull the big poster board infront me. I began to look at all the medical terms we already did as I tried to act like my mind was all over the place.

I let out a sad breath for a second.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I began going into my pocket as I heard Shay speak.

"Oh yea. One of my coworkers thinks your cute so I gave her your number" I heard her say as she poured milk into the small pot on the stove.

I looked at it and it's a random number...

She was serious.

She put the cap back on the milk and put it on the counter next to her before she continued to stir.

"What?" I asked confused, hurt and surprised by the way she was acting.

"I said I gave o-" She repeated herself a little louder as she mixed before I cut her off.

"Why would you do that?" I asked getting mad but trying to contain myself so I wouldn't cuss at her or raise my voice.

"...Why wouldn't I do that?" she responded as if she was slightly confused by my question.

I just leaned back against the dining bench as I looked at her.... Confused and shocked by what she was saying and doing.

She looked at me briefly. "What's wrong with you?" She asked like she was confused at why I wasn't happy.

I didn't speak.... I swear she was trying to break my heart.

Seconds later, I decided to test her a little.

"So you want me to be with her?" I asked.

She clenched her jaw up for a second. "Yep" she said as she continued to stir.

"So if I called her right now you wouldn't get upset?" I ask as I clenched my jaw to strain my mouth.

I wasn't gonna deny that she was hurting me.

She twisted up her face. "No. Why would I?" I said.

I dialed up her number and put my phone to my ear as I looked at Shay.

She seen that I was really calling her before she spoke.

"Don't" she said seriously as she looked at me.

"I thought you said you wouldn't get mad" I asked as I ended the call and put my phone back down.

"Why did you just get upset if YOU gave her my number?" I asked as I leaned forward.

"I don't know" she mumbled as she blinked softly.

"Yes you do" I said simply.

"No I don't" she said before sucking her lips in.

Now I was mad.

"I'm not gonna play games with you. Why are you mad? YOU said the kiss wasn't nothin right?" I said before I tightened my jaw as I crossed my forearms and slightly tilted my head, waiting for her to reply.

Her mixing slowed down before it completely stopped as she looked up at the microwave above the stove and blinked slowly and softly as her face softened.

She didn't say anything.

I got up and quickly headed to the door.

I heard something being sat on the counter.

"CARTER" She yelled as I quickly put my shoes on.

"What!?" I said back as I stood up. She was standing about 15 feet infront of me.

She was about to say something when she closed her eyes and sucked her lips in. She looked at the ground while blinking slowly before she looked up at me as she switched her weight to her other leg.

"Why are you so upset that I said it was nothing?" She asked softly as she looked in my eyes.

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!" I yelled.

Right after saying it, I looked around and slightly scoffed.

"Yea I said it! DEEPLY, PASSIONATELY AND GENUINELY.... In love with Shay Miracle Williams" I said as I clenched my jaw and looked at her.

She scrunched her eyebrows up a little and looked at the ground for a couple seconds, she bit on her lip before looking up at me again with water built up in her eyes.

"How could you just hand me off to one of your little friends like I ain't shit?!" I asked hurt. "You don't want me?!" I said as I scrunched my eyebrows with my arms out and eyes wide as I switched my body weight.

She just let tears fall down her face as she bit her lip to try to stop herself from crying as she looked at me.

I clenched my jaw TIGHTLY as I looked at the ground for a second before looking back up.

"I gave you the opportunity plenty of times and you didn't take not ONE of them....Let me refresh your memory because you obviously musta forgot" I widened my eyes.

"You made it VERY clear that YOU wanted to be just friends Shay" I said as I pointed at her. "If you wanted me all you had to do was say it.... You are my weakness and you know that" I added with my nostrils flared.

She didn't say anything.

"What the fuck ever yo..." I trailed off with my face twisted up almost in disgust as I grabbed my keys. I roughly opened the door and slammed it after I stepped out.

Why would she treat me like that?

Ky POV

After I listened to my bestfriend/brother finally confess how he truly felt about Shay...

I didn't know what to do.

Alisha and I wide eyed watched our bestfriends have the biggest argument they have ever had.... They have NEVER fought before.

I have never heard them speak to eachother like that either.

After I heard the door slam, I knew Carter was gone.

After about 20 long seconds we heard small, slow footsteps coming from the foyer.

Shay appeared as she looked at the ground. Even from the couch, I could see the multiple tears built up in her eyes.

She had her hands on her sides as she slowly went over to the stove and began stirring the macaroni and cheese as if what just happened... Didn't happen.

Seconds later, she tossed the spoon roughly on the counter, making cheese go everywhere as she put her hands over her face while she began to cry while heading to the foyer. Probably to go to her room.

I felt SO bad. I was about to get up when Alisha was already out of my arms and heading to Shay as she continued to go to the staircase and to her room...

I got on my phone and called Carter...

What are we gonna do with Shay and Carter not talking? Their both in love with eachother so why be like this?....

40 votes to continue :).
Don't think I will be able to update until sometime next week because I have to work all weekend *rolls eyes* and grades come out this week ... Hope y'all still love me 😘.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

87.5K 3K 52
When was the right time to love? That's what everyone asked themselves. But what if you had it but then it slipped away from you? Would you chase...
176K 6.3K 68
By popular demands, the duo is back!😜 "You can't what? Stop cheating?" She sits back down too. I shook my head no. "You know what you do to me, it's...
The Church Girl And The Thug Від ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ɪ s ʜ ᴀ

Підліткова література

4.8K 150 20
*Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was always loving, and swe...
757K 15.7K 44
Camille Cano has moved around her entire life. What happens when she moves to a new town and meets Dante, the towns bad boy? Everyone feared him. Ex...