A Month To Live

Af OmfgItsBecky

What would you do if you had a month to live? With overbearing parents and inattentive friends, Raegan decide... Mere

A Month To Live (1)
A Month To Live (2)
A Month To Live (3)
A Month To Live (4)
A Month To Live (5)
A Month To Live (6)
A Month To Live (7)
A Month To Live (8)
A Month To Live (9)
A Month To Live (10)
A Month To Live - Bradley (11)
A Month To Live (12)
A Month To Live (14)
A Month To Live (15)
A Month To Live (16)
A Month To Live (17)
A Month To Live (18)
A Month To Live (19)
A Month To Live (20)
A Month To Live (21)
A Month To Live (22)
A Month To Live (23)
A Month To Live (24)
A Month To Live (25)
A Month To Live (26)
A Month To Live (27)
A Month To Live (28)
A Month To Live (29)
A Month To Live (30)
A Month To Live (31)
A Month To Live (32)
A Month To Live (33)
A Month To Live (34)
A Month To Live (35)
A Month To Live (36)
A Month To Live - Bradley (37)
A Month To Live (38)
A Month To Live (39)
A Month To Live (40)
A Month To Live - The Thirieth (41)
A Month To Live (42)
A Month To Live (43)
A Month To Live (44)
A Month To Live (45)
A Month To Live (46)
A Month To Live (47)
A Month To Live (Epilogue)

A Month To Live (13)

20.7K 625 84
Af OmfgItsBecky

Monday morning. A new day a new week. As I rolled up into school, I saw a lots of banners - all bright red of course. I remembered the football game was this Friday so I guessed everyone would he getting a mega dose of team spirit this week. It was a home game too, so the school probably wanted to impress the opposing team. Or maybe they were just trying to blind them and gain an advantage.

I parked in my usual spot and was irritated to find my backpack had spilled out onto the floor. I got out with a huff and walked around the other side of the car.

'Stupid bastard,' I muttered as I glared through the window at the mess in the backseat. I really didn't have any patience this morning.

'Language like that isn't appropriate first thing on a Monday morning', Bradley yawned, appearing beside me and leaning against the car.

'It is when annoying things like this happen,' I growled, yanking the car door open aggressively. 'Especially on a fucking Monday morning.'

'Chill out,' he said. 'Why're you so pissed off?' he asked. His eyes widened suddenly. 'If it's about sensitive female stuff then I don't want to know! I get enough of that from Remi,' he added, raising his hands.

I glared at him and whacked his chest with one of my textbooks. 'One day, I will kill you.'

He grinned at this, not the reaction I was expecting.

'Why you're in a fantastic mood today,' he said, only annoying me more and making my glare intensify.

'Okay, I don't really want to get beaten up a few days before the game because coach will have me on a roasting spit,' Bradley said hastily. 'So I'm just going to clean this up for you to get back in your good books.'

He gently pushed me out of the way, reached into the car, and deftly stacked the rest of my books before sliding them into my bag. He grabbed the pens too and I tensed slightly as he picked up my pill bottle.

'Maybe you're pissed off because you haven't had any of these today,' he said, putting my bag on the roof of my car and rattling the bottle at me. 'You got a headache?' he asked.

I sensed the hesitation in his voice. Now that I came to think about it, I did have a low throbbing ache right at my temples. I wasn't sure how I didn't notice it earlier. I guess I was getting used to the regular discomfort.

'Oh yeah,' I said slowly. 'I didn't take any this morning.' I held out my hand but Bradley popped the lid and tapped one onto my palm. He slid the pot back into my bag and leaned against the car again.

'D'you have to take these every day?' he asked curiously. I could feel the weight of his eyes on me and shrugged in what I hoped was a casual way.

'Whenever it gets bad,' I told him, raising my hand to my mouth to avoid saying anything more.

Technically that wasn't true. But I didn't have many left and couldn't take them everyday else I'd run out entirely. I guess I could buy some normal over the counter painkillers but they were nowhere near as effective.

'Wait, I have a drink,' Bradley said, shrugging off his backpack and unzipping it.

He pulled out a bottle of water and handed it to me. He really was adorably thoughtful sometimes. I shot him a grateful smile as I unscrewed the cap.

'Bleh,' I grumbled as I knocked the pill back. 'They taste really metallic,' I explained. And also faintly like sea water.

'Nothing to do with medicine tastes good,' Bradley replied. 'I remember when I broke my arm in fifth grade in a few different places, they stuck me on the gross pain meds for a couple weeks. My mom practically had to hold me down so I'd take them,' he smiled.

'How did you break your arm?' I asked, nudging the car door shut as I sipped more water. He'd never mentioned his mom before to me.

'Climbed too high in a tree and fell out,' he shrugged. 'It was a dare, though, so I can't be held entirely responsible.'

'Boys,' I muttered, rolling my eyes.

'The worst women's catchphrase of all time,' Bradley snorted. I elbowed him in the side as I locked the car.

'Here,' I said, tugging Bradley's backpack towards me and returning his water bottle. 'All ready for Friday then?' I asked as a group of freshman walked past wearing the bright red school colours.

'Yes and no,' he replied in a strangely stiff voice. I glanced up at him and slowly grinned as I realised what his problem was.

'Are you all nervous about the big game on Friday?' I asked teasingly.

He scowled at me in response.

'That's the bell, we should go,' he said, snatching our bags up and stalking off across the parking lot.

I laughed as I hurried after him and bumped my shoulder against his when I fell into step beside him.

'So, nervous one, where's Remi this morning?'

'She got a ride in with her beloved Kyle,' Bradley replied with an eye roll. 'I don't mind though. It was quite a peaceful journey without her whining about speed limits and listening to her shitty music.'

'You're so mean!' I exclaimed, slapping him across the chest again with the back of my hand.

'It's the responsibility that comes with being an older brother,' he said as we climbed up the stairs. 'They really ought to fix this door,' he added, yanking it open once more and waiting for me to go ahead. The door stop didn't seem to be working and it closed behind us with a slam.

'I wouldn't know that then,' I said. 'But actually, I'm glad that I don't have an older brother if he'd act all douchey like you.'

'Believe me, I don't want to be your brother,' he said with a low laugh. I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow at his double meaning and decided it was safest to not respond.

Luckily, we were passing the reception desk and Bradley was distracted by the old woman who had a major crush on him. She waved vigourously at him and he raised his hand warily in response. I had to chew the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing as he leaned down slightly to talk to me.

'You know, I think you're right about her,' he whispered.

'What? You mean that she's a creepy old lady with a huge crush on you?' I asked.

'Yeah,' he nodded.

'Bradley, dear,' I said, looking up at him with a knowing smile. 'I'm always right. You shouldn't underestimate me.'

'I never will,' he replied with a smile of his own.

'Looks like we're on time for once,' I said, realising that there were actually other people in the corridor. Usually when we came in, everyone was in class already. 'I actually feel proud.'

'Yeah my punctuality record has definitely gone down since you came here,' Bradley said, shaking his head. 'And you shouldn't feel proud because being on-time is a normal thing.'

'Not for me,' I said. 'What's the point of being on-time? You never learn anything in the first five minutes of class anyway.'

'I have to agree with you on that,' he replied. 'I've wasted more time in class not learning anything than I have playing video games.'

'Video games aren't a waste of time,' I pointed out, coming to a halt outside my classroom door.

'I was just quoting Remi there,' he said with a smirk. 'She's not so good at games in general.'

I looked down as he offered me my backpack and blinked in surprise. Had he been holding it for me the entire time?

'Oh,' I said somewhat dumbly. 'Thanks.' I took my bag from him and slung it over my shoulder.

'I'll see you at break,' he smiled.

'Later,' I replied, watching him turn and walk back in the direction we'd just come from.

Did he go out of his way to walk me to class? And hold my bag for me? And what was with that sweet smile just now? I realised I was watching him walk away and shook my head angrily at myself before heading into the classroom.

I found Remi at the back, staring at her phone with a dopey smile on her face as she typed.

'Hey,' I said as I approached. 'Why're you so full of joy on a Monday morning?'

'Kyle,' she said with a sigh. I laughed at the lovestruck expression on her face and dropped into the chair beside her.

'Continue,' I prodded, wanting to know all of the juicy details.

'He's just so perfect,' she said with a grin. 'He drove all the way back to the school when I told him I'd forgotten my sneakers. He's such a gentleman too - you know, he actually opens my car door for me?' I felt my smile slipping off my face as she described all the other little things he did for her. They sounded very familiar. My mind flashed back to last night when Bradley and I almost-

'Anyway, are you coming to the party after the football game?'

'Where is it?' I asked, quickly diverting my thoughts away from him.

'Our house of course,' she said. 'Dad's away on a business trip this weekend so he won't mind. Or... we'll just make sure he never finds out.'

'Okay, but I really don't want to help you clean up afterwards,' I smirked.

'We'll just hire someone to clean up,' Remi replied, waving her hand.

'You damn rich kids,' I said, shaking my head.

'You think you'll hook up with Bradley after the game then?' she asked, flicking open her textbook.

'What?' I exclaimed loudly - earning a frown from some of our desk neighbours.

'It's obvious you've got the hots for each other and maybe after the game will be a great time,' she shrugged.

'Are you actually saying these words?' I hissed.

'Uh yeah,' she laughed. 'It was so funny when he came home yesterday,' she went on. 'I was wondering why he was so late so I started dinner myself and well... fucked it up. Anyway, he said he'd been at your place. He was in such a good mood that he didn't even shout at me for nearly burning the house down. How did you get him in such a good mood?' she asked with a wink.

'We didn't do anything!' I protested. 'He just came over to give me back my phone-'

'Which he could have given to you today,' Remi pointed out.

'And to see the inside of my apartment because he'd been there a few times before but never seen it,' I added with a glare.

'Clearly an excuse to spend more time with you,' she snorted. 'I've never seen him so smitten. I expect him to declare his love for you in some outstanding way.'

'Remi! He does not have a thing for me!' I growled.

We just almost kissed is all. I wasn't quite sure of my own feelings for him yet, but even I could tell there was some kind of connection between us. Not that I could allow anything to happen anyway.

'I can't believe you can sit there and deny it,' she said with a tone of disgust. 'I can see that you like him just as much too. If only you could just admit it straight off like me and Kyle.'

I groaned and let my head hit the table as the teacher began handing out some work sheets. I realised I was going to have to put up with Remi for the rest of the morning.

*   *   *

I managed to make it through 'til break and thankfully Remi had dropped the matter as she spoke about her plans for the game and party on Friday. When we spotted the guys making their way towards us, however, she brought the subject up again.

'Ah my man, and your future man together. I'd say we should go on a double date but I don't want to hang our with my brother that much,' she said, poking me in the ribs.

'Please shut the fuck up,' I growled lowly as they joined us on the grass. Kyle grinned at Remi and planted a kiss on her head just as Tara and Hayley turned up too.

'I hate it when girls have private whispering conversations,' Bradley said, pulling a face as he dropped down next to me. I caught a meaningful look Remi sent my way and shot her a withering look in response.

'If girls are whispering then it's for good reason,' Tara said in our defense.

'I hate it. Why can't you just be more open?' George complains. Tara pats his head.

'Because we're not all guys who burp and fart and eat like animals,' Tara snorted.

'I don't know about everyone else here but Remi certainly does all of those things,' Bradley said.

'I do not do any of those things!' Remi exclaimed, looking as if she was going to jump up and strangle him.

'Maybe not but you certainly snore like a bear,' I commented.

I guess I wanted a little revenge for her nagging my ear off all morning. Bradley chuckled from beside me and held out his hand for a high five. I rolled my eyes before tapping my hand against his own lightly.

'That was officially the worst high-five I've ever received,' Bradley complained.

'Yeah you'll have to practice your high-fives for when we win the game on Friday,' Kyle said excitedly.

'Touchwood,' everyone said in unison. Everyone launched for the tree but I just knocked my knuckles against Bradley's head and smirked.

'Are you trying to imply I'm dumb? That's cruel. I'll show you my report card if you need proof,' he said, in a whiny voice.

'I already remember the last boasting session, I'm good,' I snorted.

'Except for that B plus you got in biology...' George smirked.

'I already told you that we will never talk about that again,' Bradley said, glaring over at him.

'Aw, is Bradley failing biology,' I said as if talking to a baby.

I reached up and pinched his cheek annoyingly. I'm not sure where I got the courage to mock him for a perfectly good grade but it seemed to bother him. I think he'd pass out if he saw my own report card. Well, my grades were actually fine until a few weeks ago when I found out about my condition. I'd stopped caring about them after that.

'It was one B!' he exclaimed, batting my hand away.

'It's okay you don't have to explain yourself to me,' I said condescendingly patting him on the top of his head.

Luckily, the bell rang before he could reply scathingly and I skipped across the grass away from him.

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

2.4K 127 10
When Lauren finds out why Steven is late to their date, her life becomes a whole lot harder to deal with.
50 6 6
This is about a girl that always spends her summer down in a beach house that her family rents for the summer. One day she meets this boy that change...
3.5K 227 35
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...
6.2K 207 14
An Ethan Dolan Fan fiction Lauren has cancer. She's been told she has a year left. She has given up on her life and is waiting to die. When she gets...