The Queen (GXG) (Lesbian Stor...

By RaeTargaryen

(Book One of Four from 'The Royal Series') Calliria Cecilia Remington. The youngest Queen to ever reign in th... More

A/N #1
Sneak Peek (Chapter 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Sneak Peek (Chapter 3)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N #2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
A/N #3
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3 (Christmas Special)
Bonus Chapter (Final)
A/N #4 (Final)
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT!
BOOK TWO UPDATE!
BOOK THREE ANNOUNCEMENT!
The General Update

Chapter 13

22.8K 562 214
By RaeTargaryen

The next day

Calliria's POV

Saturday morning. A morning where we didn't have to wake up early to drop Corey off at school, or train the warriors. Training was in the afternoon on weekends, instead of mornings on weekdays.

Yesterday was hectic after me and Corinne came back from the Hall of Royals. We called a meeting to discuss the situation with Cyran, Diane and the vampires and we came to the conclusion that we had to wait it out until King Symmons made his next move. We couldn't retaliate in the way we wanted to because that's not what our kingdom is about. The ball was in his court now and it was up to him how he wanted to play it.

I looked to my side to see Corinne was still asleep. I smiled down at her and moved her hair from her face. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she stirred slightly but didn't wake up. I decided to use this time to go and have a shower.

I quietly got out of the bed, being careful not to wake Corinne up. We never got around to Corinne's promise because we had so much to deal with but I didn't mind. We had more important matters to deal with before we could even think about being intimate with each other.

Most of the issues have been dealt with, other than the impending issue with King Symmons but that was something I didn't even want to think about right now.

I let the shower run until it was at the perfect temperature. I stripped out of what I was wearing before stepping into the shower, closing the glass door behind me. I stepped under the spray of water and closed my eyes contently. This was exactly what I needed after a stressful week.

I felt arms wrap around my waist and my eyes shot open. I turned slightly to see Corinne leaning against my back. I smiled,

"Good morning love, did I wake you?"

She shook her head and looked up at me, "Not really. I was partially awake anyway. I felt you give me a kiss on the cheek though."

I turned around to face her and looked down her body. Every single time I looked over her body, it was like the first time all over again. She was absolutely breathtaking.

I ran a hand down her waist until I got to her back,

"You, my Queen, are absolutely beautiful." I said. She blushed,

"Thank you. As are you"

I smiled and pressed my lips to hers. All I'm going to say is, one thing led to another after that and we finally got to use the item she bought. It was one of our better showers I must say, especially since she let me take control this time. I loved being in control.

*After the shower*

My sexual frustration had finally been released, after over one-hundred hours. Yes, I was counting. I felt so much better now though. I smiled to myself and Corinne hit my chest playfully,

"Stop thinking about it and pay attention." She said with a smile on her face,

"My apologies. What were you saying?"

"I was saying, what do you want me to wear to the ball?"

I raised an eyebrow at her words, "I do not own you Corinne, you are free to wear whatever you want, as long as it's not too revealing of course."

"I know but I want your approval."

I nodded, "And my approval you shall have my Queen."

She smiled, her cheeks a tint of red, "Okay, wait here."

She walked into the walk-in closet so I took that opportunity to go and see if Corey was awake. I walked out of the room and quietly opened Corey's door. I smiled at the sight of him. He was still asleep with his wolf toy in one arm and the other arm hanging off the bed. His duvet was half on the bed half off and he had one leg under it, the other was hanging off the bed. He had a long day at school yesterday, so he says, so it wasn't a shock to me that he was still sleeping. I knew that once he woke up he would go straight to the kitchen. He loved Marco's breakfasts.

I walked out of the room and went back into mine. Corinne wasn't out of the closet yet so I went to lay down on the bed, which Corinne insisted on making when we came out of the shower. I lay back against the headboard facing the closet. It was five minutes more before Corinne came walking out. My jaw dropped at the sight of her. She was wearing a strapless sky blue fitted dress. It had a V neckline that showed off just enough cleavage to be sexy but not enough to be revealing. It had small diamonds going all the way down the neckline, spanning out across the dress. It had a slit on the right side of the dress, from the middle of her thigh going all the way down.

She did a twirl before smiling at me, "What do you think?"

I walked over to her speechless and took her hand in mine, walking around her slowly, taking her all in,

"There are no words in the dictionary to describe how truly beautiful you look right now. I am a lucky woman to have such a beautiful wife."

She blushed, "You like?"

I nodded, "I love," I caressed her cheek gently, "I also love you. I adore you Corinne. Worship you. Seeing you stand in front of me everyday with the beauty and personality of a Goddess makes me adore and worship you even more. You are my world. My universe, and a life without you, is one I wish not to keep living."

She smiled, "Where did that come from?"

I shrugged, "I just wanted to tell you." I lifted her left hand up and ran a finger over her wedding ring,

"You are the love of my life, always. Until death do us part."

She pressed her lips to mine, making me smile, "I love you." She murmured against my lips. I pulled away and pecked her lips once, then twice,

"I love you too."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she ran her hands down the dress she was wearing, "So you approve?"

I nodded, "Very much so. You look divine."

She smiled in thanks before walking back into the closet. She came back out no more than ten minutes later in her usual jeans but she was wearing a long jumper today. The weather had changed considerably over night so it wasn't warm today.

A knock rang through the room so I immediately went to open the door. I came face to face with William,

"What is the problem William?" I asked.

He bowed to me, "Your majesty. King Symmon's has made his move."

I raised an eyebrow at him and nodded, "We shall be down momentarily."

He nodded and bowed once again before walking away. I turned to face Corinne to see her putting on her Converses. She was very laid-back when it came to dressing. I was brought up wearing dresses and heels, tiaras and crowns but Corinne showed me the other side of things. I started to wear t-shirts, jeans and trainers and realised just how comfortable they were. The kingdom wasn't happy with my choice of attire but they are slowly learning to get used to it. Although I do love dressing up every now and again, especially for royal balls, such as the one coming up in six days.

Corinne stood up and I put my hand out for her to take. She placed her hand in mine and we made our way out of the room, downstairs towards the front of the castle.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs, we were greeted by four guards, which made me suspicious,

"What is going on here?" I enquired. They bowed to me,

"Your majesty, I think you should follow us."

I nodded and me and Corinne followed the guards towards the front gates of the castle. I gasped at what I saw. A dead wolf on the spikes of the gates. I growled and started shaking in anger. Threatening my kingdom was one thing but killing one of my wolves? That was a step too far. If it was a war he wanted, it's a war he's gotten. I was going to retaliate no matter how much Corinne tries to sway me otherwise.

I felt someone touch my shoulder, making me growl and shrug them off, "Don't touch me!"

I shifted into my wolf and ran the opposite direction. I needed to run and clear my head. I didn't get far though because the next thing I know, a wolf jumped on top of me, making me growl and snap my teeth at them. They whimpered and that's when I realised that it was Corinne. I looked at her apologetically before stepping away from her, ducking my head guiltily,

'I'm so sorry Corinne.' I said. She stood up and shook out her fur before nodded,

'It's fine. I know you didn't mean it."

I clawed at the ground angrily. Angry at what King Symmon's had done and angry at myself,

'Why can't I do anything right?! I should've just ended everything at the bridge.' I said dejectedly. She wasn't happy with that. She growled and pinned me down with her teeth by my neck. It wasn't hard enough to hurt me but hard enough so that I couldn't move. I growled at her but she was stronger, she bit down into my neck and I whimpered. That one hurt,

'Stop it!!" She shouted.

I relaxed myself and stopped struggling. She let go of my neck and took a step back. She shook her head at me,

'I can't believe you just said that. Even after everything we've been through, you still think about ending everything on the bridge. I can't believe you. I'm done Calliria. Done.'

She walked away from me and I growled. I didn't run after her though. Instead I ran in the opposite direction. I didn't know where I was going but all I know is that I needed to clear my head.

I ran and ran for what felt like hours. It wasn't until I came across some vampires, I knew I had ran too far,

"Well well, a wolf Queen. I don't know which one but one is better than none."

I growled at them and lunged. It was a bad move on my part because they were ready for it. Two more vampires jumped out from the trees and landed on top of me. I fell to the ground and snapped my teeth at them, trying to bite them but these weren't young vampires. The more skilled they are, that meant the older they were. Vampires stopped ageing at a certain age so most of them looked like they were in their mid twenties when they were really over one hundred years old.

I felt something stab into my side, making me howl in pain. By the intensity of the pain, I knew it was silver. Silver was like Kryptonite for wolves. It was our one and only weakness,

"You should have stayed home young Queen. Take this as a final warning from our King."

I was stabbed once again and I fell to the ground. I blinked repeatedly, trying to clear my vision. Everything was fuzzy and I knew I needed to contact Corinne before the silver hindered my mental link,

'Corinne. I love you.' I said weakly. She replied immediately, I could hear the panic in her voice,

'I love you too. Baby? Why are you saying this? Where are you?!'

I weakly moved my eyes around, trying to get a feel of my surroundings but to be perfectly honest, I had no idea where I was. The territory was so vast that everywhere looked the same. I just needed to tell Corinne what I was feeling before I passed out. I knew I would,

'I don't know. Just know that I love you. I always will. Take care of Corey and remember that I'll always be watching over you okay? Always. I love you so much baby.'

'Callie! Where are you?! Look harder dammit!! I cannot lose you now! I will find you okay?! I promise!! Callie?!'

'I love you.' Were my final words before I succumbed to the darkness. At least here, I wouldn't be in pain anymore.

Corinne's POV

'I love you.' Were her final words before our connection cut off. I knew she wasn't dead though, I would've felt our connection shatter. Instead it was just cut off. That gave me hope.

I knew I shouldn't have left her in the forest. I was just so angry and I wasn't thinking straight. I shifted back into my wolf and ran back into the forest. Her scent was still fresh so I continued running and running. I was getting tired quickly but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. My mate needed me and I wasn't going to stop until I got to her.

I ran for at least twenty minutes before I came across Callie's unconscious wolf. I whimpered at the sight of her. I walked up to her and nuzzled my face against hers. She didn't move.

I grabbed the scruff of her neck between my teeth and proceeded to drag her back home. It was a hard task but I couldn't afford to wait for reinforcements. I had to get her home now,

'Doctor Foster,' I began, 'Prepare a hospital room. Queen Calliria is injured, badly.'

'Of course your majesty, we shall have someone waiting out back for your arrival.' She replied.

It took me ten minutes more than usual to get back to the castle. Two guards came up to me and went to grab Callie. I growled and walked straight past them. No one was taking Callie away from me right now.

I dragged her to the infirmary and shifted back into human form so that I could lift her up onto the bed. Doctor Foster came in a few seconds later and immediately went to check over her. She leaned closer to her and sniffed slightly,

"Silver. She's been stabbed by silver." The doctor moved to the other side of the room and unlocked a drawer. She took out a needle and came back over to Callie, injecting it into her.

Callie turned back into human form almost immediately. Her eyes were closed and she was hardly breathing. The doctor checked her pulse,

"Her pulse is weak but it's there. I might not be able to save her."

I growled, "Why?!"

"The silver has spread. It's in her blood now and the only way to get rid of it is through a blood transfusion."

I didn't hesitate when I spoke my next words, "Take some of mine. I don't care if you take all of mine, she has to live. I will die for her."

The doctor looked at me wearily, "Are you sure your majesty? We only need some of your blood but it's not guaranteed that this will work. It's pure luck that you are the same blood type."

I nodded, "You have to try. Please."

She nodded and started prepping the room. I ran a hand through Callie's hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead,

"Don't worry baby, you'll be okay. I'll make sure of it."

*Hours later*

I sucked in a deep breath and sat up. I looked around to see that I was still in the infirmary, with an IV attached to my arm. Dé ja vu hit me once again. The last thing I remembered before passing out was doctor Foster telling me to count back from one hundred. I remember only getting to number ninety-five.

I removed the IV from my arm and the machine next to me started beeping frantically. Doctor Foster ran into the room and sighed in relief when she realised I was okay,

"Your majesty." She said before bowing to me. I stood up from the bed,

"Where is Calliria?" I asked. She ducked her head slightly and my eyes started to water thinking the worst,

"Is she...?" I was afraid to even utter the words.

The doctor shook her head, "No! No, she is fine! The transfusion was a success. I ducked my head because you are intimidating. I didn't mean to send out the wrong message. She is in the next room. She's still asleep."

I let out a sigh of relief and ran up to hug her. She stiffened at first before calming herself,

"Thank you! Thank you so much."

I pulled back and she smiled at me, "It wasn't a problem. Anything to save my Queen."

I nodded and ran out of the room. I walked into the room next to mine and realised I wasn't the only one in there. Corey was asleep next to Callie and Giles was standing in the corner, keeping watch. He bowed when I entered,

"Your majesty. It is great to see you awake."

"How long was I out for?" I enquired. He looked at his watch,

"Roughly twelve hours."

I looked at him shocked but didn't bother to dwell on it. I walked up to Corey and gave him a kiss on the cheek,

"He has been back and forth between yours and Queen Calliria's room. He fell asleep about an hour ago."

I smiled down at Corey and ran a hand through his hair before gently caressing Callie's cheek with my thumb. I felt my eyes water and I heard the door close behind me, letting me know that Giles had left the room.

I leant down and gave Callie a kiss on the cheek, closing my eyes and allowing my tears to fall, I couldn't hold them back any longer,

"You scared me," I whispered, "I'm glad you never said goodbye. Goodbye means the end and we will never be the end. Ever."

I lay down on the other side of her and placed my head under her chin, tracing small patterns over her covered stomach,

"Hearing you say you love me like they were your dying words shattered my heart. I would've willingly died for you today just to see you live. I regret leaving you in the forest, saying that I was done. It was the worst mistake I've ever made and it nearly cost you your life."

I wrapped an arm around her waist, not even bothering to stop the continuous flow of tears,

"My love for you has no end Callie. Please, wake up for me." I choked back a sob, "Please."

I cried on her chest, until I felt movement in my hair. I abruptly sat up and smiled at the sight of Callie's blue eyes, something I had gotten so used to but felt like I didn't appreciate enough. She weakly smiled down at me,

"My love for you has no end either my Queen."

I broke down and wrapped my arms around her neck, being careful not to wake Corey up. I buried my head in her neck and I felt her rub up and down my back,

"Shhhhh it's okay love. I'm here now, I'm here."

"I was so scared Callie." I whispered,

"I know baby. I shouldn't have continued running. My anger blinds me sometimes and gets me into trouble. I was caught off guard. How did the silver not spread? I shouldn't be alive right now."

"I gave you some of my blood." I murmured but she heard it loud and clear. She gently pushed me away from her to look directly into my eyes,

"You speak the truth." She stated, "You risked your life to save mine?"

I nodded, "I did and before you say anything, I would risk it a million more times if necessary. You were dying Callie and I never would have forgiven myself if I stood by and let it happen. You are my mate, my wife, my Queen and if you died knowing I didn't try and save you, I would have died right alongside you."

She sighed, "I am extremely grateful. However, you made me promise you to never risk my life to save yours and yet you go and risk yours to save mine. I would've rather died than see you risk your own life to save me."

I cupped her cheek with one hand and looked directly into her eyes, "You have a kingdom to run. People look up and rely on you to lead them. I couldn't let you die Callie, I would've never forgiven myself."

She gave me a light kiss on the lips and smiled at me. She opened her mouth to speak but Corey stirred next to us and sat up. He yawned and rubbed his eyes before looking up at us. His eyes widened and he jumped up to hug us both. Callie winced in pain slightly,

"Mama!" He shouted. He buried his head in Callie's neck first before doing the same in mine. Me and Callie smiled,

"Hey baby."

He leaned back and used his tiny hands to cup Callie's face, "You kay now mama? You and mama Cowinne hurt. I scared you no wake up."

Callie rubbed his back, "Me and mama Corinne are okay now."

"I sweep next to you and mama whole time!"

"I think that's what helped us wake up. We're sorry for scaring you though."

He shrugged, "It's kay. You awake now."

Callie looked at me slightly before sighing and looking back down at him, "Corey. We're going to leave you with nana Carla and granda Leo for a while okay?"

He looked up at us sadly and pouted, "Why? I wanna stay here!"

"Me and mama Corinne have to sort some things out and it's not safe for you to be here. We don't want you to get hurt."

His eyes started to water, "You weave me wike my other mama did! I don't wanna weave!!"

He buried his head in my neck and started to cry. I looked down at him sadly and ran my hands through his hair,

"We're not going to leave you Corey. We will come and pick you up when we sort everything out okay? I promise."

He leant back and looked into my eyes before looking over at Callie and then back at me,

"You super super pwomise?" He asked, making me smile,

"I super super super promise."

He smiled and nodded, "You can't bweak your pwomise mama."

"I won't baby, I swear."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek, before doing the same to Callie, "I go find aunty Ava and aunty Evie."

I nodded at him and he ran out of the room. I smiled at his retreating figure before turning to face Callie. She looked at me seriously,

"We need to retaliate and I will do so with or without your approval."

I raised my hands in surrender, "I'm not going to stop you. They stabbed you, twice. I am most definitely not going to stand for that."

She stood up from the bed and winced slightly. I quickly moved to her and lifted her shirt slightly. There was a scar where she was stabbed. Only silver left a scar on wolves. I ran a finger over her scar gently but she moved my hand and pulled her shirt back down,

"Don't," She started, "I hate it being there."

She went to walk out of the room when I grabbed her wrists and turned her back to face me,

"I walked away from you once and you got stabbed. You walked away from me once and contemplated taking your own life. I am not letting you walk away from me again."

She sighed and ducked her head, "I'm sorry. You said you were done and I was just so angry. I should never have let you walk away. I'm just so used to keeping in my emotions, even though we've been together for a while now. I'm trying, I really am but it's hard."

I ran a hand through her hair, "I know. I promise to never walk away from you again but you have to promise me the same. Please."

She nodded and leant her forehead against mine, "I promise I will never walk away from you again. If I do, you have my permission to hit me."

I laughed, "I'm not going to do that. I'll probably just put on a sex ban."

She looked at me shocked, "I can tell you're serious. We will talk about that later."

I smiled and nodded. She gave me a peck on the lips before taking my hand in hers, leading me out of the infirmary. She led us to the throne room. I knew she had called a meeting. This meeting was of the utmost importance and it needed to be done now.

We walked into the room and the crowd bowed to us. We sat down on our thrones and Callie scanned the crowd slowly before speaking,

"King Symmon's has given us his final warning. I refuse to sit back and watch my kingdom be violated! He is weak! Sending out others to do his dirty work for him! No longer!! Training will be amped up from this point on. We will train every single day of the week, no exceptions. I will officially be changing the law, allowing women to be warriors so if any women wish to join the royal army, stay behind. Everyone is dismissed for the day. Rest up today because tomorrow is when the real hard work starts. Dismissed!"

Everyone bowed and walked out of the room. I was quite shocked at how many women stayed behind though. I scanned the crowd and furrowed my eyebrows,

"Amanda? You wish to join the royal army?"

She nodded, "I do. It has been a dream of mine to fight for my kingdom but the law forbade me from doing so."

I nodded slowly, "I see."

I looked over at Callie, waiting for her next move. She cleared her throat slightly,

"Alright. If everyone would like to follow me to the Chamber of Laws."

Callie took my hand in hers again and led me out of the room, with everyone following behind us. We walked through the castle, through the Hall of Royals, which was a big step for Callie. I knew that taking her through the Hall before would be a good move for her. It clearly was.

We walked through the Hall and emerged on the other side where there were a set of double doors. I had never been to this room so this was a first for me. Callie opened the doors and I looked around in awe. There were scrolls framed on nearly every wall on the room. A red book with gold inscriptions sat on a podium at the end of the room.

Everyone walked into the room and Callie walked up to the book, opening it to a certain page. I leaned over to read the title; The Laws of War,

"Alright," Callie started, "The reason why I've brought everyone here is to witness the change of law. It's forbidden for me or Corinne to change a law without there being a witness present in the room. Is everyone here okay with this new change in law?"

Everyone nodded so Callie opened a drawer and took out a pen. She scanned down the book and read over a law,

"Law 210. Women are forbidden from joining the royal army. Even if they don't join, they are forbidden to fight in any war of any kind unless permitted by the council. This law is bound by the King/Queen."

She took the pen and crossed out the law. She turned to a new page and read out the new law she was writing,

"Law 210. Women are hereby allowed to join the royal army. They are permitted to fight in all or any war they want to, given they are in a suitable fighting condition. This law is bound by the King/Queen."

She finished writing the law and put the pen back in the drawer before taking out a bottle with a clear liquid in it. She poured a drop onto the book and it glowed. When the glow stopped, I looked over at the book again to see the previous law had vanished, being replaced by the new law that Callie had written.

Callie placed the bottle back into the drawer and closed the book, "It's done. You will be tested by me and Corinne tomorrow morning at nine o'clock sharp to see whether or not you are suitable to join the royal army. Until then, you are also dismissed."

They bowed to us both before walking out of the room. Me and Callie followed behind them. Callie gently touched her parents pictures as we walked back through the Hall of Royals. I smiled at that.

Rather than Callie walking in the direction of our room, she made her way towards the dining room. I was confused but didn't question it. I merely followed behind her.

She opened the double doors and I gasped at the sight. My mum, dad, brother and Hollie were all seated around the table. My eyes watered and I looked over at Callie, who smiled down at me,

"I planned this yesterday and although things didn't exactly go to plan today, I thought you would enjoy this surprise."

I allowed my tears to fall and gave Callie a light kiss on the lips, "I love it. Thank you so much."

She gave me a single nod and I gave each of my family members, including Hollie, a kiss on the cheek. However, I also gave Jameson a slap round the head before kicking him off of his chair,

"Corinne!" My mum gasped. I shrugged and walked around the table to sit in my seat, across from Callie who was struggling not to laugh. I ran a hand through my hair before making eye contact with Jameson, who had gotten back into his seat,

"You slept with my best friend and then had the audacity not to tell me yourself! You left it all up to her! How dare you!"

He ducked his head slightly, "I love her." He said quietly. I picked up a wine glass and threw it at him. Luckily for him, he ducked at the right moment, allowing the glass to fly past him and shatter against the wall,

"You do not know what love is!! You sleep with women for your own personal gain and then leave them the moment you are bored!! Don't you ever come into my home and utter that word in my presence again!!"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "You do not get to tell me what to do!"

I jumped up from my seat angrily but Callie rushed over to me and held me by my waist before I could do anything irrational. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath before looking at Jameson again,

"Know this. You are my brother and I love you dearly but I am also your Queen. If we were not related I would've had you thrown into the cells for the pure disrespect you have shown. However, I do get to tell you what to do and it would be wise of you to remember that! If Hollie even sheds a single tear because of you, if you break her heart like you have done with so many other women, I will find out. Brother or not, I will make sure you pay for it. Never, I repeat, never come into my home and disrespect me in such a manner again. Have I made myself perfectly clear?"

He nodded and bowed his head, "You have. I apologise. Just know that I do love Hollie and I will spend my days proving it to you."

"I am not the one you should be proving it to." I stated, diverting my eyes to Hollie. She sheepishly smiled before ducking her head. Jameson nodded and kissed the top of Hollie's head.

I turned to face Callie and smiled in thanks, "I'm calm now, I promise."

She nodded and kissed my cheek before going to sit back down. I sat back down in my seat and looked over at my parents,

"Sorry about that. Let's start again. What have I missed?"

Callie gestured to one of the servants to bring out the food. From that point on, the dinner was fairly pleasant. I got to catch up with my family and catch them up on everything that has been going on, excluding the part where I gave up some of my blood for Callie. They wouldn't have been happy to hear that part.

*After dinner*

Me and Callie lay side by side in bed. Corey came to join us during dinner and he told my family about everything. Thank the Goddess that he also excluded the part where me and Callie got hurt.

My parents took Corey home with them after dinner and although he was really upset about it, he didn't protest, although he wouldn't stop crying as he left.

I gave Jameson one last warning before he left and I hugged Hollie, telling her to let me know if he did anything to upset her. If he did, I would teach him a lesson, brother or not.

Callie moved my hair from my face, breaking me out of my trance. I smiled at her and she looked at me concerned,

"Are you okay love?" She asked. I nodded and moved closer to her, burying my head in her neck,

"I'm fine. Just thinking is all."

She started to run her hands through my hair soothingly, "I've been meaning to ask for a while now. Do you miss your old life? Are you happy here? With me?"

I leant back so that I could look directly into her eyes. I wasn't expecting her to ask that question,

"I sometimes miss it but not enough to want to go back to it. I have a new life here, with you and Corey and everyone else at the castle. I have a handsome son and a beautiful wife. I have never been happier."

She looked into my eyes for a few moments, trying to decipher whether or not I was telling the truth. She eventually saw I was being honest because she smiled and gave me a quick kiss before standing up from the bed. I sat up and looked at her confused,

"What are you doing?"

She ignored my question and walked into the closet. She was in there for about two minutes before she walked back out, with a black box in her hand.

She came and sat back down on the bed, sliding the box over to me. It was a leather box with gold stitching. Stitched into the box was the royal crest. It was the letter R with a small crown on it. It was sitting in the middle of a circle made out of gold vines.

I took the box into my hands and slowly opened it. I gasped at the sight of what was in the box. It was a gold medallion necklace. Every King and Queen had one of these but you could only get one if the council deemed you suitable enough to rule. Callie had a silver one, which she wore everyday. It was, like our crowns, a symbol of royalty.

The medallion was pure gold. It was exactly like the crest on the box but it was carved, rather than stitched. I removed the necklace from the box and admired it. My eyes started to water as I then looked up at Callie,

"What-How?"

She smiled, "After the council left, they sent this back. They said you are a perfect Queen and they of course, deemed you suitable enough to rule. They adore you."

The tears fell. I was deeply honoured that the council found me to be a suitable Queen.

Callie took the necklace from my hands and stood up, walking around the bed to stand behind me. She moved my hair onto my right shoulder and brought the necklace round in front of me. She clasped on the necklace and placed a kiss on my shoulder,

"Beautiful." She whispered, resting her chin on my shoulder. I smiled through my tears and ran a finger over the medallion. It truly was spectacular.

I turned around so that I could face her properly. I gave her a kiss on the lips, "I love you, so much."

"I love you too."

I looked down and raised my eyebrow at the shirt she was wearing. It's only just occurred to me that she was even wearing a shirt, which was weird because from the moment I met Callie, she has never worn a shirt to bed,

"Why are you wearing a shirt?" I enquired. She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly,

"I have two scars now. I don't like to know they're there and I didn't think you'd want to see them."

I grabbed the hem of her shirt, "Arms up."

She shook her head so I sighed and stood up, keeping my hands on her shirt, looking into her eyes,

"You are still the same Queen I fell in love with, with or without the scars. Those scars just show what you went through to protect your kingdom. It's a symbol of bravery Callie. Since when were you so insecure?"

"Since I found my mate." She answered. I smiled and shook my head,

"I love you no matter what okay? Please, can you lift your arms up?"

She sighed and lifted her arms up. I lifted her shirt over her head and discarded the shirt somewhere on the floor.

I gently lay her back on the bed and straddled her waist. I leant down and placed a light kiss on her first scar. It lay just above her belly button. She flinched but didn't move. I then did the same with her second scar, which lay a few inches to the right of her first one.

I kissed my way up her stomach, to her chest, over her neck until I reached her lips. I hovered over her, brushing my lips over hers,

"You are beautiful my Queen. Never let anyone else tell you otherwise."

She smiled and blushed slightly. I then leant down and pressed my lips to hers. This wasn't dominance. This wasn't role-play. This wasn't even our usual sexual encounters. This was pure gentle love-making. I made sure to let her know that she was beautiful through my actions, caressing and kissing her body over and over again.

She was beautiful and I would never let her forget it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.7K 39
A seventeen (17) year old girl named Breela, lives with her mom, and is worried because she's turning 18 in a few months and hasn't found her mate ye...
150K 4.5K 22
(Book Two of Four from 'The Royal Series') I would recommend you go and read Book One in order to understand exactly what is happening in Book Two! V...
101K 2.9K 17
The story of 2 girls having each other backs as sisters in a werewolf community helping along with their parents. Keeping their family safe. What wil...
1.8K 100 30
THIS IS PART OF A SERIES, READ "MY TEACHER AND I" FIRST! A Mate. Someone a werewolf craves for, will do anything for, will protect with their life. M...