Me Vs. The World

By xxxGhostWritersxxx

Savannah Moore was always bubbly and confident. After moving back to The States after 4 years in the UK, she... More

Me Vs The World [2]
Me Vs. The World [3]
Me Vs. The World [4]
Me Vs. The World [5]
Me Vs. The World [6]
Me Vs. The World [7]
Me Vs. The World [8]
Chapter [9]
[10]

Me Vs. The World

136 5 0
By xxxGhostWritersxxx

[1]

Savannah

"I'm gonna miss you mom"

"How do you think I’m going to feel, you sure you're going to be okay?" my mother sobbed against my shoulder.

During freshman year I’d moved to London with my parents after my dad got a promotion. Leaving my friends behind.

My parents divorced a couple of years later, but my mum had already settled in the UK and considering the separation had been messy my dad moved back to The States.

He visited me at least once a month, a few weeks ago though he'd called to tell me that he wouldn't be able to make it for about a year due to work, so he suggested that I move back to finish senior year. Obviously I obliged... Plus mom thought I could use the holiday. And I missed my friends.

After a long goodbye I boarded the plane. I hadn't told my friends I was coming back so when it was cleared to use electronic equipment in the plane I forwarded a message to Duke, Ash and Wills which read:

"Sup bitches; guess whose back in town?

Savvy"

Duke Livingston and I had been friends since we were in diapers. I loved him like the brother I never had. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, totally not my flavour but because of my fathers business dealings, his father and mine had been great friends so after his mom abandoned the family my mom pretty much helped raise him as her own son. As for Ashley (Ash) and William (Wills) I had been best friends with them since grade 3. Ash was like the sister I never had, but funny thing was I couldn’t get into personal things like I could with Dukie. Wills was just an all out clown.

Smiling I leaned back into the first-class seat that my dad had paid for. I understood that he was rich but I hated that he thought he could buy me with his money. My mother and I were pretty content with what we had.

I must have dozed off because a voice saying "Hey beautiful" woke me up. I turned to look at a "Grade A Bad Boy" who was practically eye f@#king me.

"Hey yourself" I said letting my eyes roam over his Adonis like figure "gotta name hot stuff?" I asked turning around so my full attention was on him.

"Grayson but you can call me Gray and you are?" he asked bringing his hand forward

"Savannah but everyone calls me Savs" I said meeting his hand half way completing the shake. Instead he pulled me forward surprising me with a kiss. I was stunned at first but I guess you could say that I liked to experiment, so grabbing his hair I deepened the kiss.

"Meet me in there in 2 minutes" I whispered into his ear referring to the restroom.

You can obviously guess what happened next... Geez don’t judge I’m sexually active and proud.

Alright, how about I tell you a tad about myself. My name is Savannah Moore, I moved to the UK 4 years ago, I’m moving back to The States as previously stated. I wouldn't call myself a genius but I am smart. The “Abs + Biceps + hot factor” is an equation I love to work out, I am more confident than I should be and...Well yeah that’s me.

Anyways... Gray and I got on pretty well /afterwards/. He'd finished high school a year ago, moved in with his band mates; much to his wealthy parents’ dismay, he'd dropped out of Yale to tour the UK. And He'd left early to compete in the dirt bike tournament.

Oh and to add to the sexiness factor that he obviously wasn't lacking in with his shaggy black hair and electric blue eyes, he had a tattoo across his left breast in italics which read:

"I am the author of my life and... f#*k I wrote in pen"

And he had a Harley... Like hot or what?

"Excited to be coming back?" he asked

"Yeah I miss Duke" I said smiling

He chuckled "whose Duke your mutt"

"God no! Duke's my best friend, been friends since as long as I can remember"

"Oh I got competition aye? I need to up my anti"

"Nah I love Duke but I could never have a relationship like this with him... It'd be weird. We've been friends forever. Anyways I’m being a sappy bitch I’m gonna shut up and catch some shut eye before we land"

The plane landed sooner than I hoped, so much for getting some shut eye. I opened my eyes to see Gray watching me.

"I guess this is it then" he said with a smile.

"I guess it is... Actually you know it doesn’t have to be" I said throwing him a wicked grin.

I made him promise to drive me to school on his Harley tomorrow. And after scribbling my address on his arm we parted ways. Yes I purposely left out my phone number. I mean who wants strings attached when you've just joined the mile high club?

After I collected my luggage I searched the crowd for my dad. In his suit he stood out amongst the (normal) casually dressed people.

"Is the suit really necessary?" I hissed when I was close enough

"I missed you too, how was your flight" he said walking away,

"But dad my lu-" I stopped half way when I realised that a couple of service men were carrying my stuff behind me. "Oh" I sighed, "yeah whatever" I mumbled when I saw the smirk on my dads face.

"Come along" he called putting one hand in his pocket like he didn't have a care in the world.

I trailed behind my dad outside, when the sight before me made me drop my jaw. "a stretch limo? Really dad"

In about 20 minutes we arrived at my dad's apartment building. Yes he owned all 48 floors, and was making at least $5000 a month from each individual person. 150 people lived in this building, all obviously rich people.

The entire top floor was for his own personal use. Lighting a 601 Blue Label Tora Maduro cigar he stepped into the elevator with me and the people holding my luggage behind him. "I got the pent house refurbished and renovated to accommodate you" he said.

I merely smiled; I was still in a state of shock to form a coherent sentence.

The elevator to the 48th floor had key only access, I didn’t understand why until it stopped and I got out. It had landed at the entrance to the lounge room. The floor was covered in black alabaster tiles that I could see my face on. My thigh high boots were clanking and echoing against the whitest white walls.

The lounges/arm chairs were cool blue, and refreshing to the overall neat freak surroundings. An entire wall had been replaced with glass to showcase the view of the city. The place was perfect.

"So where’s my room?" I asked when I finished inspecting the lounge room.

Typing away on his blackberry he pointed towards a door behind me. Walking through all I could say was sh*t. This was practically its own house. It had a what I would say to be a at least 80 inch TV mounted to the wall, a king sized bed in the middle of everything and on the bed O.M.G! I screamed and ran out to the living room scaring my dad causing him to drop his phone

"What’s wrong savvy?" he asked worry lines all over his face.

I pulled him back towards my room and picked up the small pug on my bed hugging it.

"You got me a pug! Oh I’m going to call you Moey" I said sappily scratching his stomach

"You scared me half to death and pulled me here to remind me I a got you a pup. Jesus Savannah don’t do that!" he said smiling and walking away.

My room was painted royal purple, on the ceiling though hung a chandelier and placed in the corner was a pet bed. It looked like it was made of real fur. I felt kind of bad letting Moey sleep in that, but after I’d rubbed his belly to his satisfaction it trotted of spun in a couple of circles and had curled and fallen asleep.

I walked out to thank my dad, "Thanks dad for everything... Oh my gosh! It totally exceeds my expectations".

"I’m pleased to hear that" I turned to walk away when "Savvy, err I ahh… know this seems like I’m buying your love and acceptance but please know I do love you".

I smiled in reply, it was too early for I love you too's.

"anyways in total contradiction to what I just said," he said turning to pick up a box,” I got you these"

Reaching out to accept the box. I opened it to reveal a pair of Christian Louboutin ankle boots. Squealing I thanked him and ran to my room to try them on. "f#*k" I cursed when I remembered half way through modelling my new boots, that I hadn't called my mom.

I told her everything down to every detail skipping all the drama with Grayson though. She said she was happy for me... I had a feeling she was glad that she finally had time alone but I didn’t mention it.

"Savvy, I uhh… need to go into the office, will you be okay by yourself?" my dad asked as I looked through the packed fridge for something to eat.

"Ahh derh!" I muttered through a mouthful of corn chips I found in a cupboard.

"Okay well on the dining table I left you a phone and a credit card, there yours to keep take care" he said kissing my forehead.

"Bye dad" I greeted. I picked up the iPhone and scrolled through the contacts to find that all my friends’ numbers were already on it.

I called Duke, "hello?" he answered after 2 rings

"Dukie!" I yelled over the phone.

"you have got to be effing kidding me"

Duke

I couldn’t believe it! Yeah i'd kept contact with Savs but we hadnt actually talked. She sounded different her voice was husky and sensual without her doing it on purpose and her obvious English accent was a total turn on.

"Are you listening?" she asked

"Ahh yeah" I cleared my throat "what did you say?"

"I said I can't wait till tomorrow oh my gosh i've missed you guys so much"

"I've missed you too" I said a little to dreamily

"Hey you alright?" she asked, damn she noticed

"Yeah i'm fine"

"Are you with someone, oh gosh... I can call back"

"Whoa whoa it's not even like that"

Savannah

"Okay if you say so... Anyways fill me in on what’s been happening"

After Duke and I had caught up on just regular stuff I realised how much I’d missed him.

"When I see you tomorrow I’m going to give you the biggest kiss"

"Really" he asked playfully "on the mouth"

"yep" I said totally serious

there was silence on the other end "Dukie are you sure im not interupting your daily masturbating session?"

"Anna I’m totally fine... Just a lot on my mind" I said calling her the pet name only I ever used.

"Hmm okay, so I’ll see you tomorrow then?"

"yeah"

"Can't wait" she squealed into the phone,

"Yeah me too" I muttered back after she'd hung up.

XxxGhostWritersxxX

Continue Reading