Mythical War

By CatesPencil

Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Et... More

Book 1: Mythical Academy
Chapter 2: Master
Chapter 3: New Relationships
Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: A Blade and Blizzard
Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish
Chapter 9: High School Drama
Chapter 10: Popular Break
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Pain
Chapter 12: Demontica
Chapter 13: The Biggest Lie
Chapter 14: Village Battle
Chapter 15: Twisted
Chapter 16: Comfort
Chapter 17: The Knowing Stress
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: The Cliff
Chapter 20: Secret Kisses
Chapter 21: The Pet Act
Chapter 22: The Mythicals
Chapter 23: Family War
Chapter 24: Demon Protector
Chapter 25: Who am I?
Chapter 26: Plans
Chapter 27: Phoenix
Chapter 28: Connected
Chapter 29: Back Together
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 1: Chained like a Pet

3.9K 141 16
By CatesPencil

Hey guys!!! This is the first Chapter for Book 2 in Mythical Academy: Mythical War. The beginning is going to be a little weird and have also no reference to the first book, but I promise it will go back. This story took a weird turn than I thought it would so I hope you enjoy it! 

It is a little dark for the first two chapters (WARNING). 

So once again:

The beginning is slightly strange and UNLIKE the first Mythical Academy books. PLEASE NOTE that this changes!!! It will go back to the same 'Mythical Academy' theme to it with the school and the new war.

SO PLEASE try the book!!! Yes the beginning is a little strange, but I promise it all settles nicely!!

Thanks and have fun! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~~Flashback~~

I quickly lace up on black boots, my hands working fast and nimbly. A few strands of black hair with streaks of gold get into my blue eyes and I quickly brush it away. I tie my shoes and stand up, casually looking at myself in the full length mirror of my room in the castle.

My mother and father were the famous Queen Kate and King Ethan. Ethan, my father, is a vampire and a lunar eclipse dragon. My mother, Kate, was a solar eclipse dragon with the powers of ice and lightning. They, along with the rest of their 'pack' (though we are considered one big family) defeated the infamous demon king and his apparently annoying daughter (based on my mother's stories). They are considered the best rulers of our time, even if rogue and demon attacks are happening more often in the last few years.

They are still considered the perfect rulers and lovers.

So when it's my turn to rule in two years, I would have pretty difficult time living up to expectations.

The door creaks under the weight of a person. Thanks to my parents, I have both vampire and dragon powers. Meaning: I have extra sensitive senses, extra strength, the ability to turn into a powerful dragon and vampire, and an extra power of super-speed. My sensitive hearing picks up that the person was actually three people.

I narrow my eyes, silently moving towards the door. My finger flicks the light switch, turning off the lights. The door creaks open all the way, revealing three dark bodies.

They start whispering to each other, giggling and mischievously smirking.

I cross my arms and flick on the light switch.

"Ah!!!" Screech the three boys as they jump back in fear, the prank they were about to play on me spilling all over themselves.

I burst out laughing, looking at my little brother and my two cousins that were now covering in a sticky, stinky green goop.

"Damn it Catelyn! And we were sure that we would catch you this time!" growls Alex. Alex was one of the mischievous twin cousins. He had the golden blonde hair and the green eyes that were just like his father's, Uncle Leo. He was also able to transform into lion like his father. His twin, Simon, was silently watching me though amusement and furry played behind his green eyes. However, instead of blonde hair, he had the golden brown hair of his mother, Aunt Anna. He also transformed into a leopard like his mother.

I cheekily grin, "I helped raised you for about two years, I know you guys like the back of my palm." Animal transformers grow up faster than most mythicals. Though the two twins should have been the same age as my baby brother, they were only a year younger than I.

I next look at my little fourteen year old brother. He mumbles to himself as he tries to wipe off the green goo. "Now Matthew, what were you doing playing this prank out?"

Matthew looks up at me and rolls his eyes, ignoring me.

My own eyes narrow and flash into my gold eyes, the eyes of my mythical creature. "Answer me!" I snarl, my fangs retracting.

My brother stumbles back slightly. Though he too was a dragon and a vampire, I am much more powerful. Matthew sighs, "I was bored."

My gaze softens, "Why didn't you play with Wendigo?" Wendigo is my other younger male cousin. He was just slightly younger than my little brother, making them the best of friends and almost like brothers. He was the son of Aunt Linda, a fairy, and Uncle Will, a wolf animal transformer.

Matthew sighs, "He was practicing magic and I didn't want to disturb him."

I sigh, "Fine, I'm letting you off the hook this time. Now scram! Go wash up before dinner is ready." I laugh lightly. Matthew happily dashes off.

My gaze then hardens, looking at the two mischievous but model-like twins. "Now you two...."

"DINNER TIME!!!" shouts Aunt Athena, the daughter of the god Athena (it's weird).

"Come on you pests!!! Time to eat!" Happily jokes Uncle Jack, son of Poseidon.

I roll my eyes, smiling, "Coming!! And we aren't pests!!" My playful glare then goes to my two cousins, "You two are not done with me yet!"

They both smirk cheekily, backing up with their hands raised. "Aye-Aye Captain!" Alex cheekily says.

"Go!" I laugh, leading them out of my room. "You both have less than two minutes to be downstairs for dinner!" I pinch my nose, "And you both stink, so go shower!"

Then they were running down the hall, laughing their heads off.

I roll my eyes and make my way towards the dining room.

**

All of us were now happily eating away the amazing dinner in front of us.

My strong father and powerful mother were sitting at the head of the table. I was on my mother's side and my brother was across from me on my father's side. Wendigo, my young cousin sat next to Matthew. Aunt Linda and Uncle Will sat next to their wizard son. Alex and Simon were sitting next to Wendigo, and Aunt Anna and Uncle Leo by them. Next to me sat my amazing Aunt Athena, and next to her, was my Uncle Jack.

The dinner was light and filled with laughter like it was always. I truly had an amazing family and lived in an amazing kingdom.

Dinner soon ended and the clock struck 11 o'clock. I stand up, my chair squeaking as I push it away. My mother stands up also, walking over to me.

She flashes me her gorgeous smile and hugs me tightly. She then whispers in my ear, "Good luck my Kitten."

I smile, hugging her back. "Thanks mom. But it's only a border patrol."

My mother pulls away, smiling gently, "I know, but still be safe."

I nod my head, confidence shining in my eyes, "I will mom. I promise."

She also nods her head before running one of her hands down my lightning shaped scar that ran down my back like a tattoo.

I shiver in pleasure from a mothers' touch and give her a grateful smile. That scar was my weak spot, and my mom knew how to use it to give me confidence and strength. My mother had her own scar that gave her the amazing powers she is known to have. Hers, however, is more tree like while mine is a lightning bolt.

She kisses the top of my hair as Aunt Anna and Leo force their boys to stand up and go on the patrol.

I then walk over to the rest of my family, hugging each of them tightly; my amazing father and brother got the longest hugs.

Then I, Alex, and Simon were off on the easy patrol.

~~Flashback Ends~~

However, that easy patrol ended up not so easily.

"Get up you stupid mutts!!!" barks the guard, banging the large steel cage with a small stick. I lift my large head up, my golden eyes sparkling with furry. I am currently in my dragon form, sitting in a cage like a zoo animal.

I was a powerful dragon; sleek, long, with a long sharp tail and two huge fifteen foot wings that shined like crystals. Not to mention that I had shiny black scales, sharp horns, even more sharp claws, and very very sharp teeth. I was about the size of a small horse, still towering over many human men and mythical creatures.

Alex picks up his large lion head. His fur was a blondish color and his mane an even whiter blonde. His green eyes were lit with anger.

Simon follows his brother's action, picking up his leopard head. Simon was a deep brown colored leopard with almost gold spots. His green eyes were glowing with hatred.

Our little cage was filled with all sorts of animals and mythicals. However, these mythicals had fear instilled in their eyes, not hate.

My cousins and I were captured after a magic attack happened on the Mythical Kingdom. A large force field exploded around the territory trapping everyone inside. However, the explosion pushed our little patrol group outside the territory, and it trapped us out of our territory. We were able to stay hidden in the neighboring kingdom's forest for about three days. Then we were all stupid enough to walk straight into a trap.

"Where are we?" asks Simon mentally, his sharp emerald eyes scanning the area. It was an area of forest, but that's all we knew.

Alex responds mentally back, "Somewhere in the damned Morris Territory." He growls.

I keep silent, watching the guards open the large door at the front of the cage. My cool eyes watch with hatred as the guards start forcing werewolves out of the cage, hitting them as they cried out in fear or pain.

The guards quickly chained up the werewolves in one line, all of the werewolves with metal collars around their necks. The guards then began hauling out the rest of the prisoners, the animal-transformer mythicals.

When the guards made it to Simon and Alex, I had slight enjoyment watching as they fought with the two strong-willed twins. Simon and Alex were snarling furiously, trying to hit, attack, bite, or scratch the guards. However, the thick armor protected them nicely and the guards quickly tackle down my two cousins, chaining them up tightly and tying their mouths shut.

I had to use all my might not to attack the guards now. The element of surprise needed to be on my side right now.

Finally, I was the last one. I sat coolly in the back of the cage, my gorgeous dragon body curled just slightly as my gold eyes watch the guards approach me.

Tilting my head like a cat, I watch as one of the guards with one arm and one missing arm that had a prosthetic arm replacing it, sneers happily. "A dragon, won't Prince Morris be happy..." He snaps out a chain collar using his only real hand, grinning sadistically.

He reaches toward me, his prostatic arm just inches from my snout. Then, I lunge. My scales turn snow white as I attack the man's prostatic. My sharp teeth easily pierce through the light metal. First, blood was drawn as the skin above the fake arm is pierced from my razor sharp teeth. Then I feel the hardness of the guard's bone. Finally, I close my mouth completely, the crack of his prostatic arm breaking off from his arm loud enough for everyone to hear.

The guard screams out from pain, stumbling back. Instantly five more guards run into the cage pushing me into the ground. I snarl and hiss, the arm still in my mouth as the guards start frantically chaining me down.

"My arm!!! My arm!!" Screams the guard. The other guards quickly help him out of the cage, tending to his wound.

I become completely pinned down, my body squirming and struggling against the tight hold of the chains. My thoughts were running rampage, wanting to kill every single one of his men as another guard came closer to me. He forces my mouth open, fishing for the arm before grasping it and pulling it out of my mouth. My mouth is then tied down.

I feel the sharp sting of a shot being pierced into my skin, and going under my scales. My vision fades and the last thing I see is my two cousins fighting fearfully, trying to get to me.

**

I awake and get startled to my feet as cries of animals surround me. I crawl up fearful, my golden eyes scanning the area. I was in a dungeon, cages surrounding me. I was in my own cage, and lucky for me, I didn't have to share it with anyone.

The cages held two to three mythicals that were packed so tightly together, they probably had bruises from where the bars were pushing into them. However, what scared me the most was that the life was out of their eyes. Those poor creatures had nothing in their eyes. No fear, no anger, no sadness, no nothing. They were treated like animals and most likely, their only thoughts were the prayers that death would come sooner.

A whining call sounds close to my cage and I flip around, my body banging against the steel cold cage, for it was too small to fight me. There, in the cage opposite from me, were my two cousins. There fire was still there in their eyes but it lurked deep behind the fear and sadness. They whined again and I growl back, trying to tell them I am fine. They growl back in response.

A heavy door swings open somewhere outside of my vision and all the mythicals silence. The heavy footsteps echo until the man who was the owner of those footsteps to comes to view.

He smiles at me, showing his missing and rotting teeth. I growl back, showing my canines threateningly.

He tuts, smirking happily, "Now my dear. It is time for training to become a pet for someone. If you cooperate, pain will not be given."

I try to bite him through the bars, snarling and growling angrily.

His smirk becomes sadistic, "I was hoping you weren't going to listen."

His large beefy and oily hand opens my cage as his other hand reaches for the heavy chain in his back pocket. I was still stuck in the change thanks to the chain around my leg, yet I still kept trying to attack him.

"Are you ready?" The beefy man asks.

I try to bite him.

"I guess you are." He says sadistically before snapping out the chain and having it slam into my head with a loud "Crunch!" Then I was gone again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 22K 36
Meet Kate. A snappy powerful free-runner, or rogue, with a strong animal side that even she doesn't know. However, being powerful pulls her into Myth...
32.5K 1.3K 49
[COMPLETED] My name is Ash. I am the first born female of the royal demon family. And luckily, I get a mate. Yes, you heard me right. A mate or othe...
13.2K 312 9
*THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ON VARIOUS ONLINE RETAILERS* (The chapters included here are teasers only) Who knew accidentally setting fire to a tree w...
56.5K 2.8K 29
~ 5k words per chapter. And I let it happen. I closed my eyes, turned my back, and gave in to the sunlight. And for the first time, I've experience...