One-Shots by CaliGurl273

By CaliGurl273

More

One-Shots by CaliGurl273

"The Letter" for KayleighMayBieb

46 1 3
By CaliGurl273

Oneshot for KayleighMayBieb

"What?" I whispered to myself in disbelief as the read the letter I had been anticipating. It's mid-April of my senior year in high school. The weather had finally started to get warmer and everything was good. My friends and I were excited to graduate soon and start college. Both my friends, Chrissy and Jess, had been accepted into the schools of their choice. I was happy for them but anxious to hear from the #1 college on my list. When I got home today I ran to the mailbox to see it had arrived and ripped it open so fast I'm surprised I didn't rip the letter itself. My excitement was crushed when I read the first line of the letter.

"We regret to inform you.." I stood there in complete shock. I'm a good student. I've gotten A's and B's my entire school career. How could they reject me? Wasn't I good enough? I folded the letter, put it back into its envelope, and hid it between the books in my bookcase. I didn't want anyone to see it or talk about it or know about it. Out of sight, out of mind.

I changed out of my school clothes and into sweats and a T-shirt before sitting on my bed. The house was quiet. Both my parents still at work and not due home for a few more hours. Sitting there in the silence, I broke down. I was heartbroken. Yes there are other schools I applied to but my #1 rejected me and no matter what, rejection hurts. I laid down and just let it all out, why hold it in? I was hurt so I cried as hard as I could until there were no more tears left. I didn't move for what felt like hours once I stopped crying. My face felt sticky from the dried tears and my head began to hurt. Just as my eyes began to close from the tiredness that the crying had brought, my phone buzzed with a new message. I wasn't going to answer it considering I wasn't in the mood to socialize but I did and was happy when I read the text.

From: Justin 5:26pm

I miss you so much babe. Only a few more hours.

The message instantly made my heart flutter. In the mist of my emotional breakdown I had completely forgot about Justin. He was coming to L.A. for a month and a half break from his Believe Tour. I would finally be able to see my boyfriend in person and not through the computer screen. I began to type a reply back when the screen changed.

Incoming FaceTime from Justin

"Shit" I cursed, immediately becoming panicked. I sat up and wiped my eyes to rid the tear stains but I knew my face was red and puffy. I could've ignored the call but it's so rare that Justin has time to talk that I just manned up and hit Accept.

"Hey baby" Justin's perfect voice flooded out of the speakers of my phone. I felt like shit but just being able to hear his voice made me feel lighter. I heard his voice before his face appeared. His hair was spiked and he wasn't wearing a shirt. I could clearly see the two prominent tattoos that were on his chest.

"Hey" I tried to clear my throat before I spoke so he wouldn't be able to hear that I was crying but it didn't work. I could see from the small image in the corner of my screen that my face was still pink and my eyes puffy.

"What's wrong? Are you crying?" Justin's whole demeanor changed upon noticing my state.

"No.." I unintentionally sniffed giving myself away. Crap.

"Kay, baby, what happened?" He asked, his voice filled with concern. It made me miss him so much more. I yearned to be in his arms. Have him hold me, kiss me, and comfort me. I thought I had no tears left but I was wrong. I broke down again. The overwhelming heartache from the rejection, and missing Justin, had gotten to me.

"Please talk to me Kay. You're scaring me. What happened? Are you okay?" I was trying to breath and not completely break into a sobbing mess in front of my worried boyfriend.

"I just miss you. A lot." I forced a smile through my tears in an effort to convince him I was okay. He didn't buy it.

"I'm sure you do baby girl cause I miss you too but I know that's not why you're crying. What happened? Do I have to kick someone's ass when I get home cause I sure as hell will." I let out a small laugh at his attempt to cheer me up.

"I'm glad that got you to smile but I'm serious. No one messes with my girl." He winked and then smiled giving me a peak of his perfect white teeth.

"I'm fine, Justin. It's just...don't worry about me, I'm fine okay?" I spoke softly, all the crying had hurt my throat.

"I'm gonna worry about my girlfriend when she's crying and I don't know why. Why won't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything Kay, I'm-"

"I didn't get in." I cut him off although I was surprised he heard me because I had said it so low. Immediately he knew what I meant. I had told him endless times about what I wanted to do after high school and how much I looked forward to college.

"Oh, Kayleigh... I'm so sorry." He whispered, finally understanding why I was upset.

"You know what, those people are stupid to not accept you. You're a gorgeous, smart, beyond amazing girl. They're missing out on someone special." Although we were looking at each other through a screen, Justin stared into my eyes the whole time. My heart ached. I wanted him here. Now.

"I just want you here with me." I sighed. I was tired and just wanted my boyfriend.

"I know baby. I'm actually leaving for the airport soon and then-" Justin was cut off by an arm pulling him into a head lock and the phone bouncing to the floor face down; leaving the screen black. It would've freaked me out if I wasn't used to it. Alfredo and Justin would always mess with each other so I knew it was nothing to fret over. There was no one in front if the screen for a while until Fredo popped into view.

"Hi Kayleigh!" He spoke happily. I hated being the Debbie Downer when everyone was so happy.

"Hi Fredo." I smiled. He wasn't there long before he too was pulled away and the phone again fell to the floor. Moments later Justin reappeared out of breathe and looking disheveled yet still so sexy.

"Shit baby my phones gonna die. I only have 6%. I'll text you as soon as I can and don't worry, everything's gonna be alright. I'll make it up to you as soon as I get home. I love you." He blew me a kiss and I did the same after telling him I loved him too. The call ended and I was again left in silence. I pulled my headphones out of my school bag and scrolled through the playlists on my iPhone before finding the one titled 'Babe'. I scrolled through the playlist I had made of all Justin's songs. Most of them were slow but they were the ones that helped me when I missed him or just needed to hear his voice. I pressed Be Alright and within seconds his voice flooded my ears; lulling me to sleep.

"Kay, Kayleigh, Honey wake up." My mother's soft voice rang through my ears the next morning. I opened my eyes to notice I was under my covers and my headphones where coiled around my iPhone on my bedside table. My parents must have tucked me in when they came home.

"Sweetie, you have to get up. Justin's flight lands in about an hour and you have to get ready." My mother spoke kindly. I loved how she wouldn't yell and tell me to get out of bed but simply speak to me. I groaned before pulling the covers back and climbing out of my warm bed. I groggily made my way to the bathroom to get ready. I showered and got dressed before starting my hair. I noticed that my eyes were still slightly puffy from the crying yesterday. I tried my best to cover it up with my makeup. It worked for the most part. I headed into my room to grab my phone before heading downstairs. I noticed I had two unread messages as I sat down at the table across my mom and dad who were reading different sections if the paper. I poured myself a bowl of cereal before checking what the messages said.

From: Chrissy 8:45am

Justin comes home today right? Tell him I said hi (: Have fun with your boy(;

I smiled at her comment. She knew how much I missed Justin. I had practically been counting down the days until he came back.

From: Justin 10:35pm

You'll probably see this when you wake up so good morning! I hope you're feeling better. I can't wait to see you. I just got on the plane so I'll see you when I land. I love you 😘

My smile grew even bigger reading Justin's text. It was sinking in that I'd be seeing him in about an hour, not even. As I shoved my food down my throat in a rush to get to the airport and wait for Justin, my dad decided to spark a conversation.

"I was talking to one of the guys at work whose daughter applied to UCLA. He said she got in. Just got the letter yesterday. Did you hear from any schools yet Kay?" He asked glancing over his reading glasses at me.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you that yesterday but you were sleeping by the time I got home. A few ladies at work were talking about their kids and college." My mom piped in. I swallowed the lump in my throat trying really hard not to cry. I mean I should tell them right? Thankfully my phone began to ring giving me an excuse to not answer their questions. I glanced at the screen to see the name Jess flashing across it. I didn't hesitate to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answered walking away from the table while holding up a finger to my parents to say 'one moment'.

"Hey Kay! I just remembered, Justin comes home today right?" She spoke sounding excited. My friends got along well with Justin which I loved. It made hanging out a lot easier. That and she had a thing for Fredo.

"Yeah. I was just about to head to the airport do you want me to pick you up?" I asked hoping she'd say yes so I could leave and not answer my parents.

"Yes, if you don't mind. That's kinda why I called. I wanted to tag along." I sighed in relief. Thank you Jess.

"No problem. I'm leaving now." I hung up and quickly told my parents I had to go before grabbing my keys and heading to my car. I picked up Jess and we headed to the airport. We got a little lost but we soon found the gate that Justin would be arriving in. As soon as we got there I could see paparazzi starting to line up around the gate as well as a few fans. I guess word got around about Justin's arrival. I pulled my baseball cap a little lower just to be safe, not that it helped. A few fans asked for pictures with me which I didn't quite understand but I didn't mind. I felt my phone vibrate and looked to see a text from the only person I ever want to text me.

From: Justin 9:53am

We just landed. Are you here?

From: Kayleigh 9:53am

Of course I am(:

Moments later I heard loud, shrieking screams and saw multiple flashes. My heart started beating like crazy. He was here. A mere few feet away. My baby. My boyfriend. My best friend. The security kept the paparazzi at bay the best they could while Justin managed to get a few pictures with fans. I felt Jess nudge me as I looked up to see Justin making his way toward me. Without a second thought I burst into a sprint and ran straight into his arms.

"Im here baby. Its okay, I'm here." He held me tight as a few tears escaped my eyes. I closed my eyes and buried my face into the nape of his neck as the flashes of the cameras started to hurt my tear-blurred eyes. He smelled amazing. A mix between his cologne and hair products. Just as I pulled back enough to see his face, he kissed me. We tried not to go overboard on PDA in front of paps and fans but I didn't care. I held Justin's face in my hands and kissed him with all the passion I could muster. My whole body felt electrified. It had been such a long time since we've kissed. It was like the first time all over again. Passionate and electrifying. A slight smack sounded as we pulled apart; staring into each others eyes. Man did I miss those perfect brown eyes of his.

"C'mon guys." Justin's security spoke beginning to guide us through the airport that was now chaotic. Justin and I walked hand in hand until we made it safely to the cars. it was then I noticed that Jess and Fredo were getting into a different car. I was going to ask where they were going but I just wanted to be with Justin so I didn't mind.

"Can I have your keys?" His security guard asked me.

"Uh..that's fine. I can drive." I said not really wanting him to drive my car.

"Actually babe, I have a surprise for you. So your gonna have to give him your keys." Justin said wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Uh..alright.." I said as I melted into him. I missed him and simply having his arms around me. I handed the keys over and climbed into the back with Justin. As soon as I got comfortable Justin wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him.

"Hey" he smiled down at me.

"Hey" I smiled back, my stomach erupting into butterflies. He was stunning and finally being able to be this close to him again was effecting me.

"Come here often?" He said making me laugh. I wrapped my arms around his torso that racked with his laughter, hugging him. I loved his laugh. Heck, I loved everything about him. Once our laughs died down he looked me in my eyes. I could feel the intensity and it gave me chills.

"How are you?" He asked and I immediately knew what he meant. I sighed looking down, away from his gaze.

"Okay." I said quietly, swallowing the small lump in my throat. I felt Justin lift my chin so I was looking at him.

"Kayleigh, I told you that I'd make you feel better when I got here and that's what I'm gonna do, okay?" He said pecking my lips as the car came to a halt. We got out and it was then I realized where we were. I turned to Justin in shock.

"What better place to feel better than the happiest place on earth?" He smiled at he linked our fingers together and we walked into the park. I noticed that it was completely empty.

"Justin..did you..?" I tried to ask but was still so shocked.

"Did I rent out the park for us so I could cheer you up? Yeah, I did." He smiled kissing the top of my head.

"You didn't have to do that." I said feeling guilty. Who knows how much that must've cost, to rent out DisneyLand?

"I wanted to babe, you deserve it. I wanted you to just not worry and be happy and what better place than Disney?" He smilied big and I could tell he was excited about having the park to ourselves. I stopped walking causing him to stop as well, to pull him into me for a kiss.

"Thank you." I breathed when we separated.

"Anything for you baby." He winked. We re-linked our hands and began the day. We spent the whole time on rides, taking funny pictures with cast members and eating. It was amazing. A little bit freaky to be the only ones there but still amazing. At one point we passed Jess and Fredo and it made sense as to where they went earlier. We all hung out and went on rides, just enjoying ourselves. It definitely helped me forget about the college letter. The day went by so fast and as the sky darkened Justin took my hand and began pulling me with him.

"C'mon!" He said breaking into a run. I didn't understand why we were running when the park was empty but it was exciting;

running hand and hand with Justin. We made it to the empty Main Street, right in front of the castle, and slowed down. I was slightly out of breath when Justin grabbed my face and kissed me. Just as our lips met the firework show began making me jump. I knew then that he had planned that moment but it was so perfect. For once I actually felt like things would be alright. We parted and sat right in the the middle of Main

Street to watch the rest of the fireworks.

"I love you." I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too baby." He kissed the top of my head as the fireworks rained on us from the sky.

Continue Reading