A human mate for twin betas...

By Nicolamalone

Lonely is how Tim usually feels. The only time he's really happy is when he's at school with his few real fri... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Authors note
Authors note

Chapter twenty one

35.2K 1.4K 56
By Nicolamalone

Tims PoV

"..up, please. Cutie..need... up" I hear through a fog in my mind. Am I dreaming or what, I can hear my mates begging me to wake up, I'm awake aren't I? My limbs feel heavy and my mind is fuzzy so I fight against the feelings. "..twitched.. I.. It" my hearing is dipping in and out but Rory sounds so upset so I keep fighting. I will my hand to move "yes, babe your doing it come on just concentrate on my voice and come back to us" I hear that full sentence from Mason.

This is hard work I feel like there is a boulder sitting on my body but I'm going to get to my mates if it kills me. I concentrate on my eyes, if I can't get my body going just yet I want to see them at least. I will myself in my mind chanting 'open, I want to see them' over and over, eventually I see a small sliver of light, slowly I start to blink rapidly adjusting to the light, my eyes burn but it's easing the more I pry them open.

When I finally get them open I see my handsome mates and friends staring at my hand, nobody even noticed I am awake yet. "I'm telling you he twitched his fingers" Rory is protesting with a pout. He looks so adorable I internally chuckle, my body must have reacted because everyone's eyes turn to me automatically. They gasp in shock but it fades quickly and I'm bombarded with kisses to each of my cheeks from my mates "thank the goddess, we missed you so much, We love you, are you ok?" Are the statements and questions thrown at me.

"Guys ease up a bit I need to check him" a man in white who I presume is the doctor says and the boys growl possessively. I still can't move so I give Luka a look asking him to deal with them. "Rory, Mason, just let doc do his check up, you don't have to leave just move out of his way please. He won't harm Tim ok" he says gently knowing how they are going to be overprotective of me for a while. Mason points a finger in the doctors face "not one hair, I mean it, not one hair is to be hurt or I'll-" I've had enough of that carrying on so with the little strength I have I grunt at him.

He looks at me stunned and I throw him an icy glare that stops his speech. I look at him then the doc until he gets it "sorry doc" he says like a scolded child. They move two steps from either side of me until they look at my expression, then they finally give the man some room to move around. As the doc is checking me out I realise I can't move or talk at all, I feel like I'm stuck in my head and I don't like it.

He turns to the others "ok he still can't move or talk. The loss of his voice is from when the hunter was choking him and he sprinkled flakes of silver into his open mouth. The lack of use in his limbs is from when the blade that the hunter used, it broke away at the tip close to his spine, where it stopped after being pierced through his side. We have already determined that he will indeed walk again and this lack of movement could be a side effect from the operation to remove the tip. On the other hand we are still unsure if we removed enough silver in time to save his vocal cords but by the sound of that weak grunt it looks like he has a chance to talk again. It will take time and rehab but I am still not guaranteeing anything. Beside this, once he regains his limb function he can go home" he leaves then and the others follow, leaving just my twins behind.

All this happened to me? I'm finding this hard to hear, I might never talk again, what good is a beta to his pack if he can't talk. I had a risk of never moving again also, I just want to cry. "Shh, it's ok cutie, shh don't cry" Rory says attaching himself to my side while Mas comes to my other. I didn't realise I actually did cry until they pointed it out. "Mind link my love, remember we still have mind link" Mason whispers in my ear.

As soon as he reminded me I'm relieved that I can still communicate with the other wolves at least. I flood them with thoughts 'what will I do? I can't help be a beta in this state, Tori doesn't have our link she will be taken away from us if she has a mute father. What happened to that bitch I call mother, what happened to Josh and Laney, what-' "woah babe calm down. That worrying is not good for you, we will explain everything you want to know but for now we just need to hold you. You've been unconscious since that day, that was three weeks ago and our wolves have been pining for you so please try to relax and get better. After we get you home we will clear everything up" Mason tells me.

'Ok but I really need an answer to this question, will you promise to answer just this one, no matter what the answer is?' I ask. "I don't know, we-" Rory starts but I cut him off. 'Right I'm not asking, now I'm telling you, I need an answer to this so, what's up with the alphas and Lunas? I'm not blind I noticed how pale, sick, sad and angry they all look so spill, what's wrong with our best friends?' they look at each other and I know they've blocked me from their own link. I'm not impressed 'Do. Not. Fucking. Block. Me. Answer!' I demand.

Mason huffs tiredly but looks at Rory they both nod and Rory begins "Luka and Lucas moved out-" 'they did what!' I exclaim shocked to my core. He nods "they and the alphas got into a huge fight after the battle. Damon and Dante were furious at them for not listening and coming to the waterfall in human form. They had told them to stay behind but the Lunas insist that they couldn't because they wanted to help you, they claim that nobody could have predicted what was going to happen. They argued that we had an informer because there was no possibility that your mother could have know about our mating otherwise" he takes a breath.

"They of course we're right, two days later we found a young wolf watching you from outside your room, he thought he wouldn't be seen but you know that Mason is the best tracker we have because he has the best sense of smell. Anyway he was lurking around and Mason caught his scent, he recognised it from that of the hunters so he linked Rhys and John, they captured him and after a small bit of interrogation he squealed like a pig. She was his aunt according to him but it was actually your father who was his uncle. He didn't know any better she had him brainwashed so she had him join our pack with a group of rouges we filtered around the time we met you, she was onto us from the start." He tells me, now not only did my mother, father, even if it was her fault it was real to me at the time, and my best friends betray me but now a cousin I never heard of did too. It just gets better and better.

"So, during the argument, due to the intense worry the alphas felt, they went, well, alpha on their mates. This whole thing wasn't done behind closed doors, no, it happened the second we got to the pack house in front of everyone present. The Lunas retaliated by saying they could go fuck themselves and that they killed Josh and Laney without giving them a chance to explain or show remorse. To which came the reply "you were told at the battle why they died, now do not fucking question our authority again" from Damon, Dante then added "you will not disrespect us in front of our pack" making it seem as if it was his and Damon's alone. This caused a lot of unease throughout the pack members, I mean that's their Lunas, even if it is the alphas talking it was a low blow. Luka and Lucas simply stopped moving in disbelief, they turned around and left, they packed then and there, stopping only to announce that as Lunas they wouldn't leave until the pack was stable but would be gone straight after. They did exactly as promised and haven't been back except to visit you" he finishes.

Our lives are falling apart and it hurts I need to speak with them 'guys can I see them, I won't take long but I need to see them' I can see the rejection on their faces so I continue 'I want you to be right outside though please, I need to know your near protecting me. Can you do that for me?' They look so relieved that I still need them that they agree. They both kiss me and leave, two seconds later the twins walk in, I can practically feel the misery rolling off them.

'Climb up I need a cuddle from my only best friends' I say and I know my words hurt us all but they need to be said. They do as asked and I know they are happy to be here 'so I just heard about your fight' they tense. 'Your miserable, what's going to happen next guys?' "Honestly we don't know Tim, we are so unhappy without them but how can we let that behaviour slide? They talked about us disrespecting them but they did worse" Luka says as tears start rolling down his cheeks. "We miss them and the pack so much but when I asked them to spare Josh and Laney they not only refused but demanded us not to argue with them about it. I stayed quiet on the battlefield but when I wanted to voice my opinions at home I was shot down. How do we forget that?" Lucas says.

'Listen, the three of us have had it rough, both in the past and present-' "no we are just fighting with our mates you've had it rough, just look at you-" I cut Luka off. 'No, I was used to being betrayed by my mother and what happened that day effected all of us but it got to us three more. The reason why is, we lost our two remaining best friends, they didn't just die, no they were killed and by your mates at that but guys it really was us or them. I saw the look in their eyes, they were at your sides so you couldn't. Do you know what I saw, excitement, the trill of the chase and the satisfaction of the catch. So please get it from my point of view, you guys wouldn't be here if not for your mates and if I lost you half of my world would have collapsed' I take a deep breath to steady my own flow of tears.

'Now imagine how worried I was and put it as if it was your mates worry. I saw the alphas and they look as dreadful as you if not more so, now I know I'm your best friend but I have to tell the truth, it's enough you've made them suffer, without meaning to, but you have. What if Rhys or Nick had them by gun point and you had thought you had kept them safe by asking them to stay away, how would you feel afterwards. Would you be calm or..?' I let my sentence hang. They looked lost in thought so I just left them like that for as long as they needed me. We all got hurt and betrayed but without their mates guidance and support they lost a bit more that day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 3.2K 8
-Prequel to Demon- Xavier can't take it. Rose just hopes they don't kill each other, And Northern Ridge is praying they grow up quickly...
193K 5.7K 20
Not edited fully Very cringe that you will die BOOK 1 of mates Luca Black is a normal human boy he has a twin sister Lexi and a big brother Matt wh...
109K 4K 25
I leant up against the wall, watching Seth walk around the drama room. Like always i had no partner but Seth had everyone all over him. To my surpris...
1.1M 29.5K 33
Ever since Adam came out as gay his been bullied by the pack especially by his brother Mark. The only reason why he stays in the pack is because of h...