Slave to the Geek (Discontinu...

By CheekyChaps

~This story is being rewritten and is now called Love/Hate, link below:~ https://www.wattpad.com/story/946794... More

Slave to the Geek
Chapter 2: You've been exposed!
Chapter 3: Does someone hear a war brewing?
Chapter 4: Drama queens run the world
Chapter 5: Poison
Chapter 6: Boys will be boys
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! (NOT A CHAPTER)
Chapter 7: Pies, Laundry and other things.
Chapter 8: Violence is never the answer but pranks are.
Chapter 9: Goodbye death contraption
Chapter 10: Sparks are flying
Chapter 11: Yet another disaster party
Chapter 12: Ass Hat
Chapter 13: Sweet Apologies
Chapter 14: Sunday Funday
Chapter 15: Rainy Day
Chapter 16: Momma's Home
Chapter 17: The Palacio
Chapter 18: A Night Out
Chapter 19: Pizza and Heels
2 Years Later...
The Re-Write

Chapter 1: Expected the unexpected

712K 15.9K 662
By CheekyChaps

Rori Everhart

Ring .

Who would have ever guessed that such a simple monotonous sound would translate into the sound of sweet glorious freedom in a teenager’s mind.  Everyone quickly packed away their things frantically trying to get out of the walls that imprisoned us every week for twelve long years. I put all my notes away and closed my textbook, rising from my chair and moving out into the bustling hallway.

Laughter and the busy chatter of adolescents echoed in the long narrow halls as everyone scurried to their lockers and out the wide doors at the front of the school. I hurried to my locker fumbling with the lock until it clicked open. I roughly threw my textbooks in, my arms tired from lugging the monstrous books around all day. Sometimes I have to wonder what kind of people sit around and create these books that practically border line into child abuse. 

I grabbed my old back pack throwing it over my shoulder and plugging in my head phones. I jammed out to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds as I walked out of the now empty hallways. I was concentrating on the lines one the floor trying not to step on any when I ran into something hard. I fell back but a hand easily caught me and steadied me back on my feet.

“My bad,” I muttered looking up, my heart skipping a beat as I looked into piercing grey eyes. I couldn’t believe I ran into Alexander Clarke, aka the schools resident bad ass. He was the boy girls day dreamed about; he was untouchable and had a cloud of mystery that clung to his every move. 

“Watch where you’re going,” he muttered pushing my aside lightly; his jaw tight and anger slipped into his words. I stood there in a bit of shock. But I quickly shook my head and kept walking, what crawled up his ass and died? Once in the sunny parking lot I headed to where I knew my best friends would be waiting by Violet’s car.

“How was your day?” Ellie asked in her usual sing song voice as I approached the blue Honda civic. I looked at Violet who was leaning against her car arms crossed over her chest in her usual combat boots and leather jacket. Her head nodding to the beat of the song that blasted out of her head phones clearly avoiding all conversation with Ellie, her black and blue curls bouncing along with the rhyme of her head.

“It was fine.” I told Ellie giving her a small smile as I pulled a head phone out of my ear.

“Mine too, though a bit boring. But that shouldn’t matter anymore because it’s such a beautiful day. We should do something like go to the park or the pool. Oh my god, we can drive to the beach and bask in the sweet wind and bright sunshine.” Ellie chirped and started doing little twirls next to the car, her sundress flowing around her.  I sighed opening the passenger door and sliding in.

“Yo, miss sunshine, if you don’t get in the car right now we are going to leave you, again.” Violet said glaring at Ellie.

“You wouldn’t,” Ellie mused, her doe brown eyes wide.

“Watch me.” Violet got in the car and started the engine. Ellie squeaked before jumping into the back seat. I laughed at their behavior; my friends could never really get along could they.    

“So are we going to hang out or not?” Ellie mumbled pouting in the back seat.

Violet shot me a look that basically meant if I agreed she would never forgive me. Violet was the most reserved one of the three; she liked her space and didn’t like being dragged to do Ellie’s happy go lucky activities. We respected that, well most of the time.

Ellie was the complete polar opposite of Violet. She is this little ball of radiating energy who acts like she’s in kindergarten seventy-five percent of the time. But even though she gets on your nerves quiet easily, she is our rock. Mainly because she stays positive ninety-nine percent of the time. It’s funny what a smile and a hug from Ellie can do to make your crappy day much, much better.

“No.” Violet said her eyes not once leaving the road.

“Why not?” Ellie whined pouting.

“Because I said so,” Violet argued and I rolled my eyes those two where like cat and dog.

“Maybe next time, Elle, it’s been a long day.” I told her turning around in my seat to face her. She nodded in submission, knowing two against one was a tough battle to beat.

 And what about me, you ask. Well I’m the plain Jane, the invisible nerd who is just trying to make it out of high school alive. Well that’s who I try to be most of the time anyway. We sat in the car jamming to the radio as we drove down the highway.

“When are your parents coming home?” Ellie sang leaning forward on my seat.

“I don’t know. Next weekend, maybe.” I said looking aimlessly through my phone.

“Maybe we can have a sleepover this weekend?” Violet asked turning onto my street.

“Sure.” I nodded absent mindedly; having a sleepover at my house was almost part of our routine since my parents weren’t home a lot we got to do whatever we wanted. 

Violet pulled up to my picturesque two-story home. My house is one of those traditional New England mansions with the white exterior and black roof; it even has a porch that wraps around the whole house. But it has a modern twist with the bright red door and neatly groomed hedges. But the inside is a completely different story with dark marble floors and neat clean lines of modern furniture that somehow manages to be teenager friendly. One of the most impressive things of my house was its size; it was easily almost the size of a football field. My driveway alone was long enough to fit three super stretch limousines back to back and that I know that for a fact.

Sure my parents were filthy rich, heck my whole family is filthy stinking rich but that doesn’t apply to me. To everyone outside my initial circle I’m just another loser nerd with big bulky glasses and a shy personality.  No one to take any particular interest in and that’s just the way I like it.

“Bye bye Rori.” Ellie yelled waving frantically out the window as I walked up to my porch. I laughed and waved back as Violet drove away.

I opened my red double doors and stepped into the house slipping out of my sneakers to avoid dirtying the recently polished floors.

“I’m home!” I yelled to let my cook, Clemence, know I’m back.

“Hi dearie how was your day today?” Clemence asked in her thick French accent shuffling through the house in her slippers.

“It was okay.” I shrugged.

“It was okay, uh? Well that doesn’t tell me anything. Teenagers these days use the word Okay so freely that it has lost its meaning. Tu dois être plus expressif. Je ne peux pas lire dans les pensees, tu sais?” Her rambling in French made me laugh. I nodded.

“Oui oui. It was a normal day thank you for worrying so much. I’ll be upstairs if you need me.” I told her leaning forward to give her a kiss in the cheek. She shook her head and muttered something about kids this days and such.

I smirked and jogged up the marble stairs. I walked into my bedroom threw my things on the floor and jumped into my bed king sized bed the soft cotton comforter hugging me. My bedroom was the only part of my house decorated to my taste. It was bright and cheery but relaxing and calming at the same time. It is my oasis. I snuggled deeper into my comforter, quickly removing my glasses and throwing them on the floor. I was half way to Dreamland when there was a soft knock on my door.

“Come in.” I mumbled against my comforter. My door creaked slightly as it opened.

“Miss Rori, your new servant will be arriving any minute now would you please dress appropriately and come meet them down stairs?”  Miles, my butler said in his calm smooth voice.

“Yes Miles, I’ll be right down.” I sat up in my bed and smiled at my middle aged butler; he was pretty tall and had dark brown hair that was already starting to grey and crinkles started to form by his eyes from smiling too much.  He has been around since my diaper days, being with me that long, I consider him as family.  He nodded and left my room closing the door behind him.

I rose from my bed shrugging out of my t-shirt and sweat pants. I walked to my walk-in closet looking through the endless racks of clothing trying to decide on what to wear. Even though my usual school outfit consisted of oversized t-shirts and baggy sweatpants, I did have pretty good sense of style. This I owed to my mom, who dressed me in the latest trends and cutest clothing since I was merely days old. I even did some modeling back in the day.

I picked out a cream colored knitted tank top, some light wash ripped shorts and light brown loafers. I walked back into my bedroom and over into my vintage vanity. I put on my silver infinity necklace and my earrings, two in one ear and three on the other.  I put on my watch, some rings, and a bit of eyeliner, mascara and powder. I ran a hand through my wavy black hair and stood in front of my full body mirror making sure my outfit was fashionably appropriate.

I did a little spin and grinned, well enough. I grabbed my iPhone and headed down stairs. I walked down the stairs while checking my email for messages from my parents when I heard Miles speaking to someone down stairs. I slowed my walk and peaked down the staircase.

Miles was facing towards me, a guy almost as tall as Miles stood in front of him with his back to me. He had dark brown hair and was wearing dark jeans and a leather jacket. I inched down to the stairs peaking in between the railing. The guy had a broad back and a nice butt, I smirked at my thoughts, I couldn’t help it.

“Miss Everhart will be down any minute now so please wait here for a minute while I go check on things in the kitchen.” Miles told him giving him one last glance before disappearing down the hall. The guy ran his hands through his dark hair messing it up more than it already was.  There was something about him that was oddly familiar but I couldn’t place what exactly. He looked around turning slightly towards me. I sunk deeper into the floor trying to hide from his gaze.

“Holy shit, these people are drowning in money.” He muttered turning around to look at everything.

I gasped as he turned to face me. I couldn’t believe it. I felt the color drain from my face and my breath quickened, those eyes. Bloody hell, they are not something you could easily forget. I ran up the stairs in a clumsy rush, my loafers squeaking against the marble. My cover was clearly blown as I heard him yell something from the bottom of the stairs. I just prayed he didn’t recognize me. I ran into the safety of my room slamming the door behind me.

What was Alexander Clarke doing in my house? I tried to find some reasonable answer but nothing seemed to make sense. I ran my hands through my black hair, frantically trying to think of something when a light bulb went off in my head. Oh my god, I started to hyperventilate a bit, there was no way he could be my new servant right? Right? I thought even though I already knew the answer to that. What on earth did I ever do that was bad enough for God to send me this, huh? A knock on my door made me jump in fright pulling me out of my freight train thoughts.

“Yes?” I croaked.

“Miss Rori, please come down stairs to meet your new servant.” Miles voice boomed through the door. I got up with shaky legs and opened the door. Stop being such a coward Rori, he probably won’t even recognize you.

“Okay.” I nodded and Miles smiled back leading me down stairs. And as we reached the last step I came face to face with Alexander.

“Miss, meet Alexander Clarke your new personal servant,” Miles said. I glopped as I saw Alexander’s eyes widen with recognition.  Maybe I was wrong, god help me.

___________________

Time for a little bit of french:

Tu dois être plus expressif. Je ne peux pas lire dans les pensees, tu sais?

You need to be more expressive. I cannot read minds, you know?

Oui oui

Yes, yes.

A/N:

Bonjour my darlings! How do you do? xD I feel french today. So I'ma intorduce myself my name is Auri I am a resident writer on wattpad and I have another page with another story called Model Material. This is my first collaboration and I'm super duper existed about it! This story is quiet cute if I do say so myself but don't let the cliche-esque things throw you off I have great hopes for this story. I love you all for reading this leave any of your thoughts bellow and do not, I repeat, DO NOT forget to VOTE!!!!!!!! Did I stress how important that is enough? VOTE VOTE VOTE!! Haha I'm sorry I had to get that out of my system I'm okay now. Love ya,

-Lupe♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.2K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
610K 7.5K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
282K 6.9K 101
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

364K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...