LOTR X Reader - The Lost Loth...

By BerjhawnGideon

(Y/N) Is a normal girl who has always felt out of place. one day after a traumatic event she ends up in middl... More

Chapter 1 ~ High School
Chapter 2 ~ Rivendell
Chapter 3 ~ Concerning Hobbits
Chapter 4 ~ Merry And Pippin
Chapter 5 ~ Bree
Chapter 6 ~ Aragorn
Chapter 7 ~ The Council
Chapter 8 ~ The Road Ahead
Chapter 9 ~ Moria
Chapter 10 ~ Lothlorien
Chapter 11 ~ Boromir
Chapter 12 ~ Fangorn Forest
Chapter 13 ~ Rohan
Chapter 14 - Helms Deep
Chapter 15 ~ Haldir
Chapter 16 ~ Feast for the Fallen
Chapter 17 ~ A Past Revealed
Chapter 19 ~ Final Battle
Chapter 20 ~ Melancholy
Chapter 21 ~ The Real World
Chapter 22 - Home

Chapter 18 ~ Army of The Undead

7.4K 237 47
By BerjhawnGideon

As we ride through the barren canyon Gimli says, "What kind of army would linger in such a place?"

 "One that is cursed. Long ago the men of the mountains swore an oath to the last King of Gondor to come to his aid, to fight. But when the time came, when Gondor's need was dire, they fled vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them, never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge. Who shall call them from the grey twilight, the forgotten people? The heir of him to whom the oath they swore. From the North shall he come, need shall drive him. He shall pass the door to the Paths of the Dead." Finally, we approach the entrance to the Paths of the Dead. We start walking, them leading their horses by the reins as Fili follows closely behind me his ears pinned back.

"The very warmth of my blood seems stolen away." Gimli says as we near the doors and Legolas reads the inscription, "The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it. The way is shut." Something comes out of the door towards us at a rush. It spooks the horses, which pull on the reins and run away from them. 

"Brego!" Aragorn shouts after his horse while Gimli looks alarmed.

I turn to Fili who is now in full crouch mode teeth bared and snarling. I gently pat his head as I say, "Easy Fili, it's okay. Wait here for us okay?" He takes a step back but keeps his eyes focused on the doors.

"I do not fear death!" Aragorn says as he walks through the entrance leaving Gimli looking scared. I watch as Legolas follows after Aragorn. "Well this is a thing unheard of. An elf will go underground, where a dwarf dare not. Oh. Oh, I'd never hear the end of it." Gimli says and I smile as I gently place a hand on his shoulder before we both run in after them. Aragorn leads us with a torch. I look down to see many human skulls on the floor. Aragorn moves on but Legolas remains looking at them.

"What is it? What do you see?" Gimli asks pausing by his friend. 

"I see shapes of men and of horses." 

"Where?" Gimli asks as he looks around. 

"Pale banners like shreds of cloud. Spears rise like winter thickets through a shroud of mist. The dead are following. They have been summoned." Aragorn's eyes are wide open with concern as we continue to move on. Gimli spins around to look behind, "The dead? Summoned? I knew that! Huh. Huh. Very good. Very good." He realises he is alone, "Legolas!" He shouts and runs after us. 

As we walk through a low floating fog ghostly hands writhe around Legolas and then Aragorn, then myself until finally they wrap around Gimli. They are ethereal. Gimli tries to blow them away. He blows and wafts them away. Aragorn and Legolas turn looking at the hands. Aragorn glances down.

"Do not look down." Aragorn says and I groan as I reply, "Why would you say that, now I want too." Gimli pauses and then looks down and sees human skulls on the floor. He steps forward gingerly and the skulls crunch beneath his feet. 

"This is so- oh god I can't do this!" I cry out as I start running from the room quickly followed by the rest of my company. We emerge running from around a corner. Aragorn pulls me behind him as he leads us forward into an open space which contains a large building. He turns looking around with his torch. 

"Who enters my domain?" I hear a voice say and my blood goes cold as I suddenly slot the King of the Dead as he appears before Aragorn.

"One who will have your allegiance." Aragorn says as he stands tall before them. 

"The dead do not suffer the living to pass." The King of the Dead says making my skin crawl.

 "You will suffer me!" Aragorn says causing the King of the Dead to laugh menacingly. As he does a whole Kingdom of buildings appear around us. Soldiers emerge from them. A deadly army surrounds us chanting, "The way is shut! It was made by those who are dead. And the dead keep it." The Ghostly army closes around them. "The way is shut! Now you must die!" The King of the Dead calls out and I instantly draw my sword as Aragorn does the same as Legolas fires an arrow which passes straight through the King and clatters to the ground.

Aragorn walks towards him as he yells out, "I summon you to fulfil your oath!" 

"None but the King of Gondor may command me!" The King of the Dead says as he approaches Aragorn to attack him. Aragorn retaliates and blocks his sword with Anduril. "That blade was broken!" He The King of the Dead cries out.

 "It has been remade." Aragorn says as he catches the King by the throat and pushes him back. The ghostly army stand looking at him. "Fight for us and regain your honour. What say you?" He looks at the dead army, walking through them. "What say you?"

"Ach! You waste your time Aragorn. They had no honour in life and they have none now in death." Gimli says and I gulp down a breath of air as I say, "Please don't piss them off." 

"I am Isildur's heir. Fight for me and I will hold your oaths fulfilled." Aragorn says as he brandishes his sword at them. "What say you?" The King laughs again and the army begins to disappear. "You have my word! Fight and I will release you from this living death!" They disappear, "What say you?" Aragorn cries out. 

"Stand you traitors!" Gimli cries out and I roll my eyes as I say, "Gimli don't!"

The Dead Army is gone. There is a cracking sound and the walls of the building in front of them begins to collapse. Hundreds of human skulls fall down towards them. "AHHH HOLY SHIT!" I cry out as Aragorn yells, "Out!" 

We climb up the thousands of skulls trying to climb over us. We begin to slide down with them, but we manage to move across towards the exit as the skulls continue to fall. Aragorn was closest to the exit with Gimli right behind him followed by Legolas then myself at the end. "Legolas! ______! Run!" Aragorn cries out causing Legolas to grab hold of my hand and drag me to safety.

We manage to leave the place running out of the cave as the skulls continue to rain down behind us. We emerge into the sunlight. I smile as look up to the sky before instantly shaking my body like a dog as I try to get the creepy feeling to leave my body. I look down from the high place to see ships on the river and a burning town. Aragorn sinks down on his knees in despair, tears in his eyes. Legolas approaches him and puts his hand on his shoulder. Aragorn bows his head. Legolas and Gimli also look upset. I bite my lip as I try not to cry with them.

There is a sound behind us and we all look around to see the King of the Dead coming out of the rocks and approaching Aragorn. "We fight!" He says and I sigh as I say, "You could've just said so without all the creepiness ya know." He raises an eye at me and I quickly turn away letting out a loud whistle. 

"What are you doing?" Legolas asks and I raise an eyebrow as I say, "I'm calling Fili, he should be here soon." He shakes his head and I narrow my eyes as I grit my teeth. 

Suddenly I hear a loud howl and I smile as Fili crawls over the rocks and runs down to me. I instantly wrap my arms around his neck and smile as I say, "I couldn't leave without you."

We quickly make our way down to the rocky river beach and wait patiently. When the closest boat reaches us Aragorn calls out, "You may go no further." The ships boson stands up in response. "You will not enter Gondor." 

"Who are you to deny us passage?" The boson yells back as he walks to the ship's side. 

"Legolas, fire a warning shot past the boson's ear." Aragorn says not taking his eyes off the seamen. 

"Mind your aim." Gimli says and I smile. Legolas fits an arrow to his bow and takes aim. Just as he releases the arrow Gimli deliberately knocks the bottom of the bow sending Legolas' aim off. The arrow kills a mercenary standing next to the boson. Legolas glares at Gimli, Aragorn looks across at Legolas while I bite my lip trying not to laugh.

"Oh!" Gimli puts his hand to his mouth as he continues, "That's it, right, we warned you! Prepare to be boarded!"

 The mercenaries laugh. "Boarded, by you and whose army?" The mercenary say and I smile as I unsheathe my swords and Fili growls. 

"This army." Aragorn says as The King of the Dead and his army emerges through Aragorn and attack the ships. When the ships are empty the four of us including Fili and the dead army board the ships and start our way to Gondor.

As we near the ports of Gondor Aragorn says, "You understand the plan?" 

I smile as I say, "Of course just tell your friends not to hurt Fili and it'll all work out fine." He nods and we quickly hide from sight. I look over at Fili and gently motion for him to lay down. 

 "Late as usual, pirate scum. There's knife work here needs doing. Come on you sea rats, get off your ships." An Orc cries out and suddenly Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Fili, and I jump off the ship. The Orcs looks surprised.

As we begin to approach the Orcs Gimli calls out, "There's plenty for the both of us, may be best Dwarf win!"

As we move towards the Orcs the Dead Army materializes behind us and charges at the Orcs who move back in astonishment. The Dead Army overrun the Orcs and kill them all as they make their way to the battlefield like a plague of locusts. As I fight my way through the Orcs I whistle to Fili who after beheading an Orc runs over to me. I quickly climb into his back and as he runs forward start looking for our next target. After a few minutes of slicing and dicing I hear a familiar screech of a Nazgûl.

Suddenly I grasp at my heart as it clenches making my breathing catch. I start to cough and quickly look around for where the cry had come from. Upon seeing Eowyn with her sword stabbed in his face I quickly climb off Fili's back and say, "Go protect Eowyn and Merry!" He tilts his head at me but quickly rushes over to them. After a few deep breaths and eye blinks later I quickly get back into the battle killing the nearest Orc in front of me. I look back over toward Eowyn to see Fili attacking an orc that was trying to hurt her. I smile as Fili quickly pounces on the Orc ripping his throat out.

A few minutes later I turn to see the Dead Army pouring into the city cleansing it of all evil filth. I look around to see that we had won the battle and I smile as I once again take deep breaths. I quickly find Aragorn and run over to him as he looks around at all the fallen bodies. When his eyes meet mine he smiles and I return the smile as I say, "The worst is now behind us." Suddenly the King of the Dead along with his army appear and stand in front of Aragorn. "Release us!" He says and I nod in agreement.

"Bad idea! Very handy in a tight spot these lads, despite the fact they're dead." Gimli says and I turn around and skip him on the back of the head. He raises an eyebrow at me and I sigh as I say, "Don't piss him off." 

"You gave us your word!" The King cries out making my skin crawl once again. 

"I hold your oath fulfilled. Go. Be at peace." Aragorn says and I smile as The King of the Dead smiles. There is a great wind and the Army of the Dead disappears. Aragorn looks around, and bows low to someone. I follow his gaze to see my father and a bright smile covers my face as I run to him wrapping my arms around him tight.

"I missed you!" I say as I hold tight to him. 

"I knew you would be safe." He replies as he gently pats my hair. I suddenly hear Eomer scream out in agony and I pull away from Gandalf to see Eomer running over to someone who he instantly cradles in his arms while still crying out in anguish. I instantly rush over to him and looking down see Eowyn lying in his arms. Kneeling down I gently place my hand on his shoulder and say, "I will help you take her to the healers." I turn and looking for Fili, give a loud whistle.

After a few seconds he appears by my side and tilts his head at me. "I need you to carry our friend, can you do that for me." I ask and he walks over Eomer and gently kneels down in front of him. I help him gently place her on Fili's back and reaching over touch Eomer's shoulder say, "She will be okay," Upon arriving inside we place her down on a palate and I await the help I know is coming from Aragorn. When he arrives I give Eomer a hopeful smile before Fili and I take our leave.

As we walk through Minas Tirith I start to hear Sauron's voice crying out in my head. "You have come back to me..." He says over and over making my blood boil as I clench my head in pain. After a quick shake of my head and deep breath we make our way up to the great hall. The next day Gandalf is talking to Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, and I in the Great Hall of Minas Tirith. "Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening." I gulp down a breath as I think about what Frodo and Sam were going through.

"If Sauron had the Ring we would know it. _______ Would let us know." Aragorn says with a quick glance at me. "It's only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping." Gandalf replies and I reach over and grasp Legolas's hand. He keeps his eyes forward but tightens his grip on my hand. 

"Let him stay there! Let him rot! Why should we care?" Gimli says causing Gandalf to turn to him and reply, "Because 10,000 Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom." Gimli ponders Gandalf's words. "I've sent him to his death."

I force a smile as I say, "No you haven't," 

"No, _____ is right. There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that." Aragorn says as he turns to him. 

"How?" Gimli says causing Aragorn to say, "Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate." Gimli chokes on his pipe. 

 "We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms." Eomer says and I open my mouth to say something when Aragorn says, "Not for ourselves. But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves."

"A diversion." Legolas says and I smile as I say, "Make him pay attention to us while Frodo and Sam destroy the ring." 

"Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?" Gimli says a smile covering his lips. 

"Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait." Gandalf says as he inches toward Aragorn. 

"Oh, I think he will." Aragorn says and I smile as I say, "He will if he knows I will be there." 

Gandalf turns to me eyes wide, "You are not going, if you get too close to Mordor you might not be able to keep Sauron from taking over." 

I gulp down a breath of air as I say, "That's a price I'm willing to take if it will help Frodo and Sam." Gandalf stares at me uncertain and I smile as I say, "I've got this, if I need help I have my friends and you there right beside me." He sighs as he realizes that he isn't going to win. 

I pull away from Legolas and giving him a quick smile walk out of the room to mentally prepare myself. After awhile I am sitting on the highest balcony overlooking the valley between Gondor and Mordor when suddenly I am aware of Sauron being near. I jump up and looking around suddenly hear his voice in my head loud and strong.

"It is almost time my child..." He cries out and I fall to the ground clutching my heart as a feeling like being kicked by a horse in the stomach fills my body making the air leave my chest. "Leave me alone!" I cry out as I try hard not to fall into his spell. Then as soon as he appeared he disappeared. 

I once again am lying on the floor breathing heavily. "Nana, I don't think I can do this!" I cry out mentally as I cling to my chest. 

"Have faith my child, you are more then you appear. You will defeat this evil that has hidden itself within you." Tears fill my eyes as I hear her voice in my head. 

"I wish I could have seen you one last time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 371 45
A young girl mysteriously entered the world of Middle Earth. There, she encounters the dragon, Smaug, Orcs, wizards, and the Dark Lord, Sauron. She b...
33.1K 773 33
There are somethings in your past even you can't remember... River isn't from Middle Earth. She doesn't remember what happened or how she got there...
234K 6.2K 34
As the fellowship of the ring starts, Sauron arrises. Little did any good know that Sauron had a daughter. Meldiriel, is the only daughter of Sauron...
14.4K 511 34
Legolas x (Fem) oc In which, the Faerie Princess joins the fellowship on their journey to save Middle-Earth, and finds love along the way. ...