That Day (Seijuro Akashi Fanf...

By LynEmpress

[Seijuro Akashi X OC] Every single day with him was memorable and unforgettable. It had been carved onto my h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Da Random Challenge
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Final Babbling
Special Chapter: Merry Christmas!

Chapter 33

7.5K 295 36
By LynEmpress

"You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness." - Julia Roberts

XXXIII.

"How old are you, Rika?" Grandpa asked me as he moved a shogi piece on the board. I sat opposite from him and we sat on the usual grassy ground under the tree of cherry blossoms, playing shogi. It became our bonding.

"16," I answered without hesitation. "And turning 17 a few hours from now." I made my move then lifted my head to look at my grandfather whose focus was only at the game. "Why did you ask?"

"Oh, nothing," He gave me a sheepish smile. "It just felt like it was only yesterday when I taught you how to play shogi."

I tried to smile back then shifted my gaze on the board. "Oh," I mumbled with a sad tone. "I'm sorry, grandpa, I still couldn't remember-"

"It's fine," He reassured me then looked into my eyes. "You don't need to remember."

My forehead creased in confusion but then he only made it worse when he changed the subject. "And by the way, you already told the truth to his mother and to your friend," He trailed off then crossed his arms and arched an eyebrow. "When are you planning to tell me?"

"Huh?" I asked with a frown, I'm sure the quizzical expression was written all over my face.

Grandpa shook his head at me then chuckled. "No, I think that's not the right term," He muttered to himself. "The real question is, when are you planning to tell him?"

I blinked in absolute confusion. "What am I going to tell him?" I knew he referred to Akashi-kun. However, I didn't know that I had a plan to tell him something.

He face-palmed himself. "God, Rika, why you so dense?" He asked out of frustration while his palm was still on his face.

I frowned then pondered about what he was talking about. The last friend that I talked to was Kisa but I didn't told her anything regarding Akashi-kun. As for Reo, I did told him about- wait, I did tell him something about Akashi-kun... and the same goes for his mother.

"Oh," I just mumbled as realization hit me. "That..."

Grandpa smirked. "Yes, that." He affirmed. "Finally admitted it, eh? Surpassing the Tsundere stage?" He teased me.

I gave him a glare. "I'm not a Tsundere, grandpa." I stated firmly but then a thought crossed to my mind which caused me to mirror his expression. "Unless..." I trailed off intentionally then put a thinking gesture.

Grandpa raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Unless?"

"Unless I got it from you." I said cheekily then wiggled my eyebrows.

He just shook his head with a laugh. "The last time I checked, I wasn't always in denial so I'm sure I'm not a Tsundere, nope." He explained, sure.

I rolled my eyes then pouted. "Whatever."

"Anyways, happy birthday, Rika." He said with a gentle smile and it made all of my annoyance towards him fade away so easily.

I smiled then shook my head as if he had no hope in life. "Seriously, you're annoying and wonderful at the same time."

"Um, thank you?"

I giggled then looked at him. "Thank you, grandpa."

His face turned serious and the question that came out of his mouth took me off guard. "What are you going to do when you get home?"

I opened my eyes and the dark sight of the ceiling greeted me. The light coming from the moon was my only source of sight. I sighed then sat up and rubbed my tired eyes. I shifted my gaze towards the clock on the bedside table and it read 11:32 pm, 28 minutes until I turn 17. But there was something beside the clock that caught my attention, it was a pure white box.

"It's too early to give me presents..." I whispered to myself as I took the delicate box then realized that it was a little heavy but I managed to put it on my lap. I examined the box for a moment, it was really all white and it reminded me of purity. The red ribbon tied around it signifies the blood vessels... or whatever that meant.

I curiously untied the ribbon then opened the box but what the contents of the box confused me. It was like a chest of memories...

Inside the box was a scrap book, a smashed pink flip phone with a strawberry strap, two rings... it looked like wedding rings that was chained together, a red muffler that's stitches were loose and brittle and then... and then... a music sheet.

I quickly switched the lamp shade on and flipped through the pages of the scrap book and it surprised me how the contents of that book were... me and Akashi-kun. It's a scrap book of memories...

There was a picture of a girl grinning doing a peace sign and beside her was a sleeping Akashi-kun on his study table with his glasses on. And below the picture was a caption.

I know you'll probably kill me for doing this but it's all worth it. *insert peace sign here* I love you, Sei, please don't kill me! ^^

There were too many pictures of us that I never knew that existed. But I can't help but feel nostalgic even though I never experienced everything in those pictures. But why do I feel this way? Why are you showing this to me now?

I glanced at the clock and there was only 12 minutes left until midnight.

And finally, the music sheet. What's so special about this music sheet anyway?

I scanned the music sheet for a moment and then flipped it, a letter... from me.

Dear Seijuro,

If you're reading this, it's probably your birthday now so first of all, let me greet you a Happy Birthday! It feels like it was only yesterday when I was dreaming about you being mine. I didn't know that time flies by like a heartbeat.

So, read carefully, because I'm not going to repeat these words again. I still can't believe up to this day that you're finally mine... it's just that - I feel like there is nothing even special about me and you saw it. We are both pressured in our lives as heir and heiress of our parents' company but don't worry, I'm always here for you. You became my freedom in this world of vain, Sei. You are my freedom and you'll always be. I don't know what I'll do without you beside me.

God, you don't know how much you mean the world to me. It's like you were really made for me, He made you like everything I would've dreamed of. You are so perfect, I swear at times I envied you. But then I realized, I was really lucky I was the one you chose to love, scratch that, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

I didn't notice the tears that were already streaming down my face so I halted for a moment and let my sobs fill the once quiet room. It's like there was an invisible fireplace inside me that's warming my heart.

I want to thank you for being absolute, dominant and intimidating. Because if you aren't, I wouldn't be so curious and interested to know as to why you were acting that way. And while I was in the middle of that operation, I fell in to your trap. I fell in love with you without even knowing why. You broke my heart, yes, and you said cruel words that would make any girl cry and give up on you but guess what? I'm not those kind of girls that would give up so easily, that's why you're my rival, right? I, too, always get what I want... not.

There are many reasons not to love you but there is one reason that's preventing me from doing that... it's because I love you. Did you read that, Seijuro? I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you! I'm so very in love with you, Seijuro Akashi. Words and actions cannot even express how much I love you. You taught me everything about love, happiness, true defeat and victory. And oh, you even taught me once how to shoot and I pretty suck at it. But that's okay.

Thank you for loving me, Seijuro. Even if I die, I know, in my next lifetime, I'll still find a way to fall in love with you. Because every single day with you was memorable and unforgettable. It had been carved onto my heart, I'll belong to you. Always. Forever and ever.

I love you, Seijuro. I will never get tired of saying I love you... and I'll keep on saying it starting today until forever.

Yurika

I hugged the piece of paper to my chest and muffled all of my sobs. And reading that letter... that was final straw.

I got up then stormed out of the room and ran to the redhead's territory but then halted as a melody erupted from the music room. My eyes widened in absolute shock and another batch of tears streamed down my cheeks.

He... He was playing it... the piece on the music sheet... I composed... for him.

That was the familiar melody that's been stuck in my memory since forever.

I opened the door and he seem too preoccupied on the music to notice me. But right when he stopped, he opened his eyes and fixed his gaze on me with a smile.

"Happy birthday," He muttered then stood up to make his way to me.

"You're so unfair," I whimpered then buried my face on the palm of my hands then continued to sob. "I-I was supposed to play that piece for you... I composed that for you..."

He just chuckled then pulled me into a tight embrace, caressing my hair like a child. "I know." He whispered against my hair.

"Why?" I asked, my voice cracked but I didn't care.

"It frustrated me that you couldn't remember me and everything that's happened between us. However," He trailed off then pulled away, determination and confidence surrounded him. He gave me a gentle smile then cupped my face tenderly, wiping my tears away with his thumb. "I realized that none of those matter anymore because I'm going to make you fall for me again and we'll start anew."

"The real question is, when are you planning to tell him?"

Now.

I shook my head then returned the smile. "You don't have to." I said firmly then held his hands that was on my face. "I don't need our memories to come back to make me fall for you again because..." I trailed off then shyness started to invade my system once again. I looked down at my feet and then sighed.

Akashi-kun lifted my head and made me look into his eyes. "Because...?"

I gulped. "Because... I love you..." I whispered the words.

He removed his hands and crossed his arms but then I saw that a smile was already evident in his lips. "I can't hear you."

I slightly pouted then bit my lower lip. "I love you." I mumbled.

"What?"

I screamed out in frustration. "I LOVE YOU, SEIJURO BAKASHI!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH, MY GODS! YOU DID IT YURI! WOOOHOOO, //victory dance FANGIRL TO THE MAX LEVEL! If you remember on the past chapters, Yuri is going home after her birthday so... that means facing her lovely parents. I'm sorry if this chapter feels rushed.

I shall estimate that there are only 4 chapters left. And maybe an epilogue as well.

So, thank you for reading!!! OHMYGOSH, I feel so excited for a reason XD

Feel free to vote, comment or anything! Let me know your thoughts in this story! :D

I love you guys! :>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.2K 1.5K 61
MY VERY FIRST ONE SHOTS + WHAT IFS COLLECTION..!! The miracles are major hits when it comes to basketball but, can they handle, LOVE?! Get ready to...
8.6K 291 18
Akashi Seijuro. That was his name. Akashi Seijuro. As Kuroko repeated the name that seemed to have haunted him for days, all he could've thought was...
21.5K 866 26
After the death of his closest friend and love of his life. Akashi seijuro was at a loss of life. Trying to get through each day hoping the pain woul...
1K 41 19
[COMPLETE] Akashi has always been forced to live a perfect life. According to his father, the center of his life must be perfection in all things, wh...