Unthinkable (Tate Langdon)

Por lunarmuse

Even before he first touched a gun, Tate Langdon was always capable of the unthinkable; it just took her long... Más

001
002
003
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015

004

15.3K 509 290
Por lunarmuse

September 6th, 1993, continued.

Adam Blevins was frankly having too good of a time at the party to notice much of anything out of place.

It was the first date he'd had in a few weeks and Eve seemed like a pretty cool chick, albeit a little sarcastic and what his mother would have called "rough around the edges".

Anyway, she wasn't a stage five clinger or anything - almost to the point of seeming disinterested if he was being honest - so he was pretty much free to roam the party as he saw fit.

He'd bring her a drink now and again and try to dance with her before getting pulled away by one of his friends for one thing or another, then try and catch up with her a little later.

It didn't seem odd at first when he couldn't find her. He figured she'd just gotten caught up doing something, maybe stepping outside for a smoke or something or the sort.

It only became a source of concern when he checked the smoker's pit and half the house with no sign of her anywhere. Even then, his main concern was that he'd been ditched.

"Hey, it's Adam, right?" a voice caught his attention as he looked around the back patio. He turned around to face the source.

"Yeah," he confirmed dubiously, raising an eyebrow at the skinny blonde kid. He'd seen him around school, knew enough to know few people were fond of the guy, though he'd never personally interacted with him.

"That girl you were with is upstairs, hurling her guts out all over the bathroom, man," the guy told him with a wince. "Might wanna go check on her."

"Shit," he let out a groan, flicking his cigarette to the wayside.

That was all he needed, a drunk date to ruin his night.

---

When she came around again, everything came into focus slowly, the edges of it all blurred and still spinning wildly. She lurched forward for something to grab ahold of as she got her barrings, propping herself up against the side of the tub.

She realized quickly there was someone in the room with her And immediately, her fight or flight reflex kicked in albeit in slow motion. She pawed at her clothing to make sure it was still attached to her body, shrinking back into the corner.

"Hey, hey," a familiar voice said as a pair of hands found her cheeks, "it's okay, you're safe."

She squinted, trying to make the face before her come into clarity. As it came into focus, she blinked a few times in confusion.

"Tate?" she asked, screwing up her face against the pounding in her head. "What're you doing here?"

"Nothing better to do. Doesn't matter, though," he dismissed her question. "How much've you had to drink?"

"Like, two? I don't know. I'm not drunk," she hiccuped, her head swimming sickly. "I think someone put something in my punch."

"Probably that asshole Adam. Wouldn't be the first time he pulled something like that," he sighed as smoothed back her hair. She enjoyed the feeling of his cool palm against her sweating forehead, focusing on the sensation to keep from vomiting again.

She hadn't even considered her date as a threat. He was, however, the only person who'd brought her drinks or even spoken to her that night. She couldn't think straight enough to process the idea.

There was a pounding at the door that echoed through her aching head, making her jump closer to Tate. He wrapped his arm around her protectively.

"Evie, babe?" a voice called from the other side of the door. "You in there?"

"Tell him to go away," she pleaded with Tate, her fist twisting in the soft material of his flannel shirt.

"Just a second, let me take care of this, okay?" he told her, tilting her chin up to give her a reassuring smile.

"Everything's gonna be okay," he promised, "I'm here."

She didn't believe him entirely, but it was a little hard not to buy into it somewhat. Besides, she was fairly certain that she couldn't stop him, anways; she was positive her legs wouldn't cooperate with standing.

Tate left her side and unlocked the door, opening it to reveal Adam standing on the other side. The mohawked boy pushed his way in, only to be stopped short.

"You stay the hell away from her," Tate told Adam seriously, blocking Evangeline from his reach.

"What? Screw you. Evie, are you -"

"No," Tate growled, "don't talk to her. You think it's funny to put shit in girls' drinks, Adam?"

Tate was close to Adam's face at that point, his tone and demeanor unlike anything she'd seen from her friend before. It gave her goosebumps of the least pleasant variety to hear that edge of menace in his voice.

"What are you talking about?" Adam asked, shaking his head.

"Did you think it was going to get you laid? Can't pick up chicks without knocking them out?" Tate continued to taunt the shorter boy, shoving him in the chest with a pointed finger. "Fuck off, get out of here."

"You're crazy, man. I didn't do nothin'. C'mon, Evie, tell him," he leaned around Tate to attempt to garner her assistance. She simply looked away as inexplicable tears filled her eyes.

"Just go, Adam," she barked.

"But I -"

"Just go," she repeated more forcefully, light eyes burning with rage as they refused to land on him. If she so much as looked at him, she was sure that she might throw up.

"You're dead," Adam promised, eyes burning into Tate's. "Totally done. Just wait."

"I'm so scared," the blonde answered sarcastically, miming a gun pointed at his own temple and pulling the trigger with a sound effect before shoving Adam out of the bathroom. He slammed the door shut behind him, locking it again.

Eve felt a weight lift from her chest when it was just she and Tate in the room again, allowing her lungs to catch more air as she tried to keep it together.

"You okay?" he asked as he knelt beside her, his palm holding the side of her face. She nodded weakly.

"He's gonna kick your teeth in, Tate," she worried aloud, blue eyes frightened as they met his smiling face.

"That guy? Please," he scoffed as though the idea were completely laughable. "I'll be fine."

"Thank God you were here," she sighed, unsuccessfully trying to keep her tears from spilling over. "Who knows what he would've done if-"

"It doesn't matter," Tate cut her off, gently stroking her cheek with the pad of his thumb and wiping away a tear. "I am here, and I would never let anyone or anything hurt you."

She smiled up at him softly, not finding the words to convey the feeling that was welling up inside her at that moment.

---

Tate looked over at her where she slept in the passenger seat of his beat up car, her head lolled slightly against the window. He'd never seen anyone look so beautiful and picturesque as she did at that moment.

He was thrilled with how the night had gone, every piece of the plan orchestrated even more beautifully than he could have hoped.

Now, she would see that it was him who could protect her, him who deserved her attention.

It was unfortunate that he'd had to tarnish Adam's reputation that way, but it wasn't as though he'd ever been best buddies with the guy. The only victim would be Eve's head the next morning, when he was sure she'd have a raging headache.

He glanced over at her; he couldn't make himself feel guilty over a headache.

It was a small price to pay to help her see the truth for what it really was.

×××

So... Poor, broken Tate. He really means well, but his methods are ridiculous and unethical. Sigh.

As usual, any commentary you have would be absolutely music to my ears!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.8K 56 13
Tate Langdon, a 17 year old teenage boy, moves into the 'murder house' with his mother constance after a horrific past. Tate, a weak, vulnerable huma...
380K 5.6K 14
Imagines/one shots of Evan Peters and his characters from AHS. Evan Peters // Tate Langdon // Kit Walker // Kyle Spencer // Jimmy Darling // James Pa...
142K 3.7K 21
it's the summer of 1993 and adeline valkit just settled into her new home beside the murder house. she's quick to meet the strange neighbor boy.
22.1K 438 16
Alyssa's whole world stopped spinning when her father divorced her mother and cutted all bonds with them. Two years later her mother marries Phil, a...