Secret Jewel of the Ocean

By SweetSummer

Have you ever been so close to someone that you were practically inseperable? April has. April and Jewel hav... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

216 8 1
By SweetSummer

I couldn't get Adam out of my mind as much as I couldn't allow Travis to escape my thoughts, but both in completely different ways.

Travis was so enchanting and captivating, almost to the point where I practically ran after him and jumped inside his suitcase, begging him to take me back home with him. I didn't understand what it was: his bright eyes, his messy blonde hair, heart-melting smile. Whatever it happened to be, it seized my breath, my heart, and my thoughts all at once.

Adam, on the other hand, had me shaking so intensly that I promised myself not to leave Jewel's side for the rest of the vacation. It wasn't just for thr fact that I didn't want to be alone, which did bother me as well; Moreover, it was the words that Adam had said to me that morning with Travis:

"Jewels are very rare. It's not common to come intouch with one. And also, the ocean loves Jewels."

I must've replayed Adam's voice in my head a million times, each time scaring me more and more. I felt as though I was placed into some mystery where Jewel, my best friend in the entire universe, was the main victum.

I would've figured that I was the main charactor in this horror film because of each coincidence happening continuously to me. But ever since I had that experience with Adam, I knew for sure that Jewel was in danger. It wasn't just the foreshadowing that Adam created, though. In fact, I'd known all along.

I mean, I didn't exactly know. But I had such a strong feeling that something terrible was going to happen since the first few days of that trip - even before the coincidences starting taking place. There was a heavy sinking feeling taking over me, and I didn't know what it was.

After I began to notice the weird events occuring, I totally freaked out. Normally I would've just laughed along with Jewel, but this time was different. I couldn't get my mind off of every crazy moment no matter how hard I tried.

Jewel never worried. I always did. But it was very often that Jewel could completely ease the tension I felt by bringing up another topic or diverting my attention until whatever I was worrying about become "whatever". But for some odd reason, it didn't work that way this time.

I found myself having strange dreams about losing Jewel, but none of them ever had an end. I always woke up right before the ending was to come; all I saw was the start of whatever harmful situation that seized Jewel.

None of them ever ended like I feared they would. But then again, they were just dreams.

Continue Reading