The Unexpected Love

By nafaeria24

This is the sequel to The Only Exception. I haven't come up with a description yet but if you liked the other... More

Chapter 1: SM Pt.1
Chapter 2: SM Pt. 2
Chapter 3: SM Pt. 3
Chapter 4: SD
Chapter 5: MSM
Chapter 6: SM Pt. 4
Chapter 7: Sean
Chapter 8: MD
Chapter 9: Kate
Chapter 10: SDM
Chapter 11: KDS
Chapter 12: Kate
Chapter 13: DS
Chapter 14: KDM
Chapter 15: Kate
Chapter 16: Se Do De
Chapter 17: Sean
Chapter 18: SM Pt. 5
Chapter 19: McClane
Chapter 20: SDMK
Chapter 21: KM
Chapter 22: KD
Chapter 23: KS
Chapter 24: Kate (Past)
Chapter 25: ADS
Chapter 26: D and S
Chapter 27: Sean
Chapter 28: SM Pt. 6
Chapter 29: SD Pt. 2
Chapter 30: SDK
Chapter 31: Sean
Chapter 32: KMD
Chapter 33: PKS
Chapter 34: MSD
Chapter 35: MTD
Chapter 36: SK
Chapter 37: SK Pt. 2
Chapter 38: SK Pt. 3
Chapter 39: AS
Chapter 40: TDK
Chapter 41: Dover
Chapter 42: SD
Chapter 43: MDM
Chapter 44: MiSe
Chapter 45: STKS
Chapter 46: SM Pt. 7
Chapter 48: KD Pt. 2
Chapter 49: SM pt. 8
Chapter 50: SDMSM

Chapter 47: MDSDLG

11.5K 436 70
By nafaeria24

McClane's POV:

Lying in bed I stared at the ceiling trying to figure out what to do about this Sean and Scott situation. I mean do I confront them or do I try to get one of them alone and pump information out of them. I need to know how in the hell this happened. It's been all I can think about since arriving here at the Cynthia Vineyards.

                'There is no way this is going to end well for me.' I thought pushing the comforter away to climb out of bed.

                'You never know. Sean and Scott could have stumbled upon each other… they probably didn't even make the connection. You're worrying over nothing.' My conscience said. That's true. What are the odds of Sean figuring out who Scott really is?

                "Besides if Scott was going to out me he would have done it in the parking lot before we left. He wants a clean slate and who am I to deny him that?" I said to myself as I headed for the bathroom. Turning on the water I pulled my toothbrush and toothpaste out.

                'I have nothing to worry about.' I thought as I started brushing my teeth. Even though I was convinced everything would be alright I couldn't shake this feeling that maybe it wasn't true.

Dover's POV:

I've never been to Cynthia's Vineyard. Just the scenery alone was breath taking. I stood with Sean and Kate on my balcony as we watched Troy and Scott down having breakfast together.

                "How did you manage this?" Kate whispered. Grinning Sean pointed to me.

                "It was Dover's idea. He said the best way to get to know someone is over breakfast. I told them I'd join them for breakfast then waited. After about twenty minutes I called and said I couldn't make it I was on the phone with my base commander." Sean giggled.

                "Of course they bought it so that forced them to have some together alone time." I finished.

                "They do look good together." Kate sighed as she leaned against the railing watching them with dreamy eyes.

                "It reminds me of one of those old romance movies… they should go driving together… maybe have a picnic packed for them or something… oh, tell them to meet us one place but send them another so that they can be alone… the classic switcheroo." Kate said excitedly. Looking to me Sean's brows raised a bit as his eyes got bright.

                "That's a good idea… let me go make a call." Sean said before disappearing inside. Looking to me Kate bumped my shoulder. When I turned to face her she wore a thoughtful look on her face.

                "What's going on with you two?" She whispered. What was going on with Sean and I? Shrugging my shoulders took a seat on the wooden bench behind us.

                "He asked me here to help him with Troy and Scott but in reality I think he asked me here to figure out which one of us he really wants. He said McClane and I are in the undecided category and I guess this trip will decide which one of us moves on the next next round." I said. She stood there quiet for a moment before taking a seat next to me on the bench.

                "Okay… let me ask you a question. What would you do if he chose McClane?" There was the million dollar question. In my head I knew what I'd do. I'd let Sean go. I wouldn't be that guy in the background doing all he could to mess things up for them. I would man up and let Sean go be with the one he chose. But in my heart I would die… I would die but I would survive.

                "I would still be Sean's friend… even if he picked McClane. You don't meet people like Sean very often in life. He's special… one of a kind and it would be stupid of me to sever all ties to him, he's my Marine brother… he’ll always be my Marine brother. I would have to keep my distance in the beginning because it would hurt but I think I would be able to come around." I said. Taking my hand Kate squeezed my fingers.

                "It's true about you too. You don't meet people like you very often in life. You're selfless and warm. You're special and truly one of a kind. I hope you find that one person who is meant for you because Dover you deserve it." Kate said before kissing me softly on the cheek. Before I could respond Sean appeared in the doorway.

                "It's all set. Megan is talking with the staff to find the most romantic spot for Troy and Scott. Then we're gonna send them off together while we head to town for some sightseeing." Sean said.

                "Are we shopping?" Kate asked perking up a bit.

                "Yes… shopping will be happening." Sean said. Standing Kate peered over the railing to see Scott and Troy were closer than before as they continued to talk.  Motioning us over Kate pointed at them. We all stood there with grins on our faces until suddenly Scott looked up. Panicking we fell back stumbling into the room.

                "Do you think he saw us?" Kate whispered. We looked to one another then back to the balcony.

                "I say let's not chance it… let's go get ready for today. Operation 'Get Scott a Date' has been activated." Sean said as he headed for the door.

                "Operation 'Get Scott a Date'… really?" Kate asked. Nodding I pointed to Sean's retreating back.

                "I told you he was special." I chuckled.

Sean's POV:

This is the fourth time Troy has called my phone. Like all the other times I've ignored it. I know he would like to ask me what the hell was going on but I refused to entertain him. Instead of trying to talk to me he needed to be trying to get to know Scott a little better. Picking up the figurine from the counter I looked it over until I reached the price.

                'What the fuck?!' I thought putting the figurine back where I'd gotten it from. Who knew people in Cynthia's Vineyard were crazy too. There was no way in hell I'd pay all that money for a piece of sculpted glass.

                "Have you seen these prices?" McClane whispered to me. Looking to him I nodded.

                "I think they’re under the impression that we're rich people." I whispered back as a couple of well dressed Stepford wives passed by.

                "I saw a dollar store down the road wanna go?" McClane asked holding out his hand. When my eyes went to his I felt something in my chest go boom boom. It could have been my heart or something but all I know is I wanted to be with McClane at the moment. We snuck out without anyone seeing us and headed toward the little dollar store that was bursting at the seams with useless junk we didn't need. We were having so much fun together I didn't feel my phone when it started to ring for the umpteenth time. When we were finished at the dollar store we headed for this little ice cream cart we'd seen earlier. After getting a cone we wandered down the street our fingers intertwine with one another.

                "I know that this may not be the best time to tell you this but if I don't do it now I never will so here goes… There's something you need to know about Scott… You see… um… well Scott and I--" Placing my hand over his mouth I shook my head at him. McClane stood there wide eyed unable to understand what I was trying to tell him.

                "I know… Scott told me… accidentally. He thought I was trying to hit on him and revealed that his ex-boyfriend McClane really did a number on him and he wasn't ready for anything else. You'd think I'd be mad but I wasn't. Surprised yeah but not mad. I could see Scott needed a friend and despite what had happened between you two I wanted to be his friend. I told him who I was and that what happened didn’t matter. The real reason why Scott is here is because I've been setting him up on mini dates with Troy." I explained. McClane stood there silent for a second then suddenly he walked away.

                "McClane?" He took a few steps before turning back to me.

                "Ever since seeing Scott I've been in a constant terror thinking that you didn't know who he was or what happened between us. I was afraid that when you found out you'd… I don't know karate chop me or something and this whole time you've known about everything!" He exploded. I wanted to laugh. I mean hugging my side, tears coming out of my eyes laugh but I couldn't. If I did McClane probably have a stroke or something. He was really upset that I already knew.

                "Calm down McClane… it's not a big deal." I said trying to keep my neutral.

                "Not a big deal… ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" He yelled before storming off again. I stood there with my ice cream cone watching him as he stalked down the street like a mad man. Slowly I followed after him keeping some distance in between us. When McClane reached the end of the block he leaned against a building and hung his head.

                "Feel better?" I asked when I finally reached him.

                "Yes… you know I thought if you knew about Scott you'd freak and I'd lose my chance to show you how much I wanted to be with you." He said quietly. Tossing my cone aside I stepped in front of him and placed my hands on either side of his face. Lifting his chin I stared into eyes for a moment before leaning in.

                "I've lived through being shot in the chest and almost blown up. I've watched my friends die around me, their last words asking me to tell their families they loved them. Life is too short to hold grudges and to be mad… I was given a second chance to live and I'm not wasting it. So I don't care what you did with Scott or anyone else for that matter. Because right now at this very moment you're here with me and that's all that matters." I said before placing my lips against his. In that very second I'd made my decision. I knew who I wanted and there was nothing no one could say to me to change my mind.

Dover's POV:

Kate and I stood arm in arm watching McClane and Sean as they kissed. I could feel Kate's fingers as they tightened around my arm.

                "Dover…" She whispered catching my attention. Turning to her I tried to put a smile on my face.

                "Well it looks like he's made his decision." I said clearing my throat. Placing her hand against my face she brushed away a tear I hadn't even felt escape from my eye.

                "You'll find someone." She whispered before pulling me away. Swallowing hard I tried to keep it together. I knew Kate was right I would find someone… I just wanted that someone to be Sean.

Laurie's POV:

We've been here five days… five days of Katlin Mitchell is more than I can take. The only way for me to stay sane is to drink. Wine and I have become best friends much to Ginger's displeasure. What in the hell possessed Megan to invite the she-devil anyway? This was supposed to be a vacation celebration not a fucking punishment. Taking my glass in hand I watched her. She was up to something. She was being all sneaky and devious and for someone who supposedly changed it seems like she's very much the same as she's always been. All that talk about how she's changed was nothing crap. I'd like to call BULLSHIT on the entire situation. I just wish her boyfriend or whatever he is could be here to see her now. If he hadn't gotten that call about his sister breaking her leg and needing to go home he would see the real Katlin Mitchell.

                "Will you please slow down?" Ginger whispered to me. Looking to her I saw her eyeing my glass. It was already half empty and we just sat down at the table a few minutes ago. Removing my fingers from the glass I sat back in my chair and stared daggers down the table where she sat.

                'I should have talk some sense into Megan… if I'd known she'd invite her I would have nipped that in the bud.' I thought to myself. Unconsciously I took hold of my glass and downed the rest of my wine. I could see Ginger shaking her head as she turned away from me. Signally the waiter I waited for my glass to be refilled when Katlin stood from her chair.

                "Hi… I know who I was four years ago. I wasn't a very nice person I had no friends, hardly any family and I was headed to the grave if I didn't stop what I was doing to see how it was effecting everyone around me. Now I'm clear headed and sober something I'd never thought would come. I'm in a stable healthy relationship with a guy who accepts the flaws I have. I've managed to find my way back from he edge of oblivion and rebuild the bridges I'd burnt. I just want to say thank you for giving me a second chance. Thank you guys for letting me into your circle. I wish Megan and Kallum nothing but the best. I hope one day I can have what you have… to Megan and Kallum!" She toasted. I watched as everyone raised their glasses in the area. I couldn't believe they were buying this performance.

                'Well if they can't see Katlin for who she really it I guess it's up to me to show them.' I thought pushing myself from my chair. I could hear Ginger beside me pleading with me to sit down but I couldn't. I couldn't sit by while this farce carried on.

                "That was a nice little speech there… a bit long winded but never the less… it was alright. But before you pat yourself on the back let me clarify something for you. We know who you are. We know what you are. We know what you're capable of. There is no way in hell someone as rotten as you suddenly transformed into a model citizen. There is no way all the evil that is you just disappeared in thin air. It couldn't have, it's impossible no matter how you look at it the equation will out the same. Don’t think just because you’ve learned how to dress and put on make-up we can’t see through you.     

                You’re the same bitch you were in high school. The only difference is a couple years have passed by. No matter how much self-help bullshit you try to cram down our throats we will always know exactly who you are. You’re the bitch who would do anything and hurt anybody to be the fucking prom queen so take that wide eyed innocent shit somewhere else would you. You weren’t wanted around back then and you certainly aren’t wanted now!"

Ginger's POV:

The entire table was silent. I mean you could hear a pin drop. I never thought I’d see the day when I actually felt remorse for Katlin Mitchell. Swallowing hard Katlin's eyes darted back and forth between the others seated around the table. Slowly she stood from the table and placed her napkin on her plate. Turning away she started for the veranda stairs. Before anyone could stop her she started to run for the path leading back to the main hotel. Looking to Vivian I saw the uncertainty in her eyes I felt.

                “That was kind of harsh.” I whispered to Laurie who sat back down gulping down her drink.

                “I don’t care. It takes more than a few weeks in rehab and some sorry ass apology to make good on all the hell she’s put us all through.” Laurie huffed.  The table was quiet for a moment longer before McClane appeared with Sean. Looking around the table McClane spotted the empty chair where he’d left Kate.

                “She went back to the hotel.” Kallum said before McClane could ask his question. Confused McClane cocked his head to the side then he spotted Dover behind Laurie. He was pointing at her then pointing towards the path.

                “I’ll be back.” McClane said as he started down the path. Sitting up Laurie brought her cup down with a thud.

                “I want another.” Laurie hiccupped loudly. Taking the empty cup from her hand I passed it back to an awaiting server. She tried to give me a new glass but I turned it down.

                “Okay I need help getting queen mean drunk to bed.” I said standing from my chair.

                “I’m not mean… or a drunk.” Laurie slurred. I fought to not roll my eyes but it happened anyway.

                “You just made the mean girl from high school cry. I say you’ve surpassed mean drunk and entered the cruel bitch category.” I said glaring down at her. Opening her mouth Laurie was going to defend herself when she caught the look on everyone else’s face around the table.

                “Oh my God… I was a cruel bitch wasn’t I?” She whispered horrified at the notion of being a cruel bitch.

                “I need to apologize to her.” Laurie whispered pushing out of her chair and stumbling to her left. Catching her Dover righted her then scooped her up into his arms.

                “Direct me where to go.” He said to me as Laurie’s head lulled to the side. Just within those few seconds Laurie was already passed out.

“Thank you Dover… well this has been an embarrassing night I’ll see you guys in the morning.” I said as I led the way back to the hotel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5K 29
"Things don't always go as planned in life, and that is okay." - Flowerboy sequel.
57.5K 1K 14
This is another story even im am working on two more storys s yeah enjoye!!!!! btw i dident assum their sexuallity is what i think and i base of the...
Brad & Nick By Lex

Teen Fiction

136K 7.2K 23
Two Bros. One Friendship. One may or may not be in love with the other bro's boyfriend.
25.7K 639 18
warning: this is basically all boy x boy smut. another warning: the storyline is pretty much shit but the smut is good. When Patrick finds out that h...