The Unexpected Love

By nafaeria24

This is the sequel to The Only Exception. I haven't come up with a description yet but if you liked the other... More

Chapter 1: SM Pt.1
Chapter 2: SM Pt. 2
Chapter 3: SM Pt. 3
Chapter 4: SD
Chapter 5: MSM
Chapter 6: SM Pt. 4
Chapter 7: Sean
Chapter 8: MD
Chapter 9: Kate
Chapter 10: SDM
Chapter 11: KDS
Chapter 12: Kate
Chapter 13: DS
Chapter 14: KDM
Chapter 15: Kate
Chapter 16: Se Do De
Chapter 17: Sean
Chapter 18: SM Pt. 5
Chapter 19: McClane
Chapter 20: SDMK
Chapter 21: KM
Chapter 22: KD
Chapter 23: KS
Chapter 24: Kate (Past)
Chapter 25: ADS
Chapter 26: D and S
Chapter 27: Sean
Chapter 28: SM Pt. 6
Chapter 29: SD Pt. 2
Chapter 30: SDK
Chapter 31: Sean
Chapter 32: KMD
Chapter 33: PKS
Chapter 34: MSD
Chapter 35: MTD
Chapter 36: SK
Chapter 37: SK Pt. 2
Chapter 38: SK Pt. 3
Chapter 39: AS
Chapter 40: TDK
Chapter 41: Dover
Chapter 42: SD
Chapter 43: MDM
Chapter 44: MiSe
Chapter 45: STKS
Chapter 47: MDSDLG
Chapter 48: KD Pt. 2
Chapter 49: SM pt. 8
Chapter 50: SDMSM

Chapter 46: SM Pt. 7

11.6K 452 29
By nafaeria24

Sean's POV:

I didn't wait to call Scott. I needed to get this conversation out the way before I lost my nerve. I asked him to meet me at Nicky's bar down on Tenth Street in half an hour. That gave me time to come up with a game plan. When I arrived I ordered me beer and grabbed a table. I've had some difficult conversations in my life time but never have I had to tell someone I know you've slept with my almost kinda boyfriend. I felt like I should be on some talk show with the audience chanting 'kick his ass!'.

                'Well this isn't going to be easy for Scott either… just imagine how he's going to react when you tell him… or worse how McClane's gonna react when he see's Scott.' My conscience said. Now that’s something I hadn't thought about… I was so focused on making a love connection between Scott and Troy I totally forgot about McClane's part in all this.

                'If you forgot then that means it wasn't important to you. When the time comes just explain it to McClane that you don't care about what happened.' My conscience said.  It was right. I didn't care. Convincing McClane of that fact was gonna be harder to do but one thing at a time. Scott had walked in looking around for me. Waving my hand in the air I got his attention motioning him over.

                "Hey man!" He said excitedly when he reached me.

                'Wonder how long that's gonna last?' I thought to myself as Scott ordered a drink from our waitress. When the she walked away I cleared my throat and turned to face Scott.

                "I called you here because… I haven't been totally honest with you. First off I'm not trying to hit on you. As I said I went back to the store to talk to you because I thought we may have been brothers. But instead of just be straight with you I flubbed over my words and you thought I was coming on to you. When you mentioned your ex boyfriend it kind of threw me off because… um… well… fuck me… McClane is my ex or something to that effect. We've been trying to figure this thing out and when you mentioned his name I was flustered.

                 I knew he probably had had sex with other people I just never expected to actually meet one of them but you sounded so hurt when you spoke about him and I know how it feels to be broken hearted by McClane because he's done it to me and I knew I was partly to blame for your hurt because we dragged you into our mess and I'm so sorry for that I don't want you to think we do this for kicks because we don't we're just… stubborn and hard headed. We don't how to navigate our way through what we have and I'm sorry for the pain McClane and I have caused you." I rambled. Scott sat frozen in his chair his eyes wide and deer like. I could see a faint trembling in his hands as he swallowed… hard.

                "Did you call me here to kick my ass?" He whispered. Kick his ass…

                "No… of course not. I don't blame you for anything and you have nothing to worry about from me. I wasn't lying when I said I wanted to be your friend. I just couldn't go on without you knowing the truth. I want you to be able to move on from McClane because you deserve to be loved too." I said meaning every word. When the waitress appeared with his drink Scott snatched it up before she even had a chance to put it on the table.

                "Wow…" She whispered then eased back from the table. When he was done he placed the glass down and took a deep breath.

                "When you called I wasn't expecting to hear this… Honestly I didn't think you'd call. I'm sorry for sleeping with your boyfriend. I don't do that intentionally… now that I think about it now it makes sense. Our first night together he kept calling me Sean… I guess he was thinking of you." Scott said. Looking around I motioned the waitress for another drink for Scott. He looked like he needed it. We sat there for a second silent not knowing what to say when Scott looked up towards the ceiling. I could see the tears swimming in his eyes.

                "I'm tired of this… I’m so fucking tired of being someone's cast off or one night stand. I'm tired of people thinking I don't have emotions and it's cool to treat me like shit. I'm not asking for much you know… just someone who will love me for me… someone who won't freak out and run when they wake up next to me. But I guess I don't get to have that. I don't get to grow old and gray with a guy who loves me inside and out. To see our children grow up and become awesome human beings. From a young age I've wanted to princess fairytale happy ending but I guess my dad was right. Faggots don't deserve love… I would have liked it but I guess that's wishful thinking." Pushing out of his chair Scott left me at the table while I watched him go. Without hesitating I followed him to the parking lot where he was trying to unlock his car.

                "He was wrong." I said when I caught up with him. Turning to me Scott brushed away a few tears before swallowing hard.

                "What?" He asked.

                "Your father, he was wrong. Everyone deserves to be loved no matter who or what they are. I'm not saying my dad jumped for joy when I told him but he came around eventually. Don't let your father's negativity hang around your neck because if you do you won't be able to accept the guy who wants to be with you. Your father's a dick… if you want I can share mine with you. I don't think he'll mind… just don't think there isn't anyone in the world that doesn't care for you or your well being because I do. We may not have evidence that you're my brother but I feel it. I feel it in my gut that you're my brother and I'm not going to let you drive away." I said. We stood in the parking lot staring at one another while the world happened around us. Closing his eyes he leaned back against his car and shook his head.

                "I wish I would have known you growing up… life would have been a lot more easier." He whispered. Going over to the car I leaned against it while wrapping my arm around his shoulder.

                "If you want I can have some guys kick your dad's ass if that'll make you feel better." I said. Looking to me Scott gave me a watery grin.

                "Thanks… I'll keep that in mind… so what now?" He asked.

                "Well… tomorrow I'll be leaving to go on a mini vacation with my friends… you should come with me. I think you need a change of scenery for bit." I said.

                "I don't want to invade your vacation… besides I wouldn't know anyone except you." He said shaking his head.

                "You'd know Micah… he's going." I said.

                "Still… I don't want to impose." Scott said pushing off the car. Without thinking I pulled my phone from my pocket.

                "Who are you calling?" He asked once he saw the monstrous grin on my face.

                "Hey Micah listen, you remember Scott from Save-a-Bunch? Yeah my twin well listen we're at Nicky's right now having a couple beers you and Declan should come down… okay… great… see you when you get here bye." With that I ended the call.

                "What did you do?" Scott asked nervously.

                "If I can't convince you to come with us I'll let Declan and Micah do it for me. I'm telling you there is no way either of them will let you talk yourself out of coming so you mind well start packing." I said dragging him back inside.

                "I can't just take off of work." Scott countered as I pulled him through the door.

                "Do you have sick time?" I asked.

                "Yeah why?"

                "Because when we get back you'll have a signed doctor's excuse in hand… trust me don't ask just know it'll be legit." I said. I could see it in his eyes. He was wavering.

                "I don’t know…" He whispered.

                "Think about it. A paid free vacation for a week in Cynthia's Vineyard with hot naked guys running about… drinks in hand… delicious food and the whole bit. A week of relaxation and stress free worry, it could be yours and all you have to do is say yes." I said in a sing song voice. It felt like an hour had passed instead of a few seconds.

                "Alright… I'll go." Scott said.

                "Yes! Alright we leave tomorrow so after we have drinks with Declan and Micah go home and pack. Also my friends Megan and Kallum are engaged to be married so if possible grab something for them too." I explained. Nodding Scott started for the table on his own accord. There at the table we found our waitress waiting with another beer for me and Scott's drink.

                "I figured you two would be back so I kept an eye on your drinks." She said standing from one of the chairs.

                "Thank you and sorry from running out like that." I said pulling my wallet out. Pulling out a twenty I placed it on her tray and gave her a wink.

                "What's this for?" She asked.

                "For being a great waitress." I said. Pocketing the money she winked at me and walked away.

                "Was she trying to hit on you?" Scott asked sipping his drink.

                "I sure as hell hope not... I'm not drunk enough for that." When Micah and Declan arrived Scott and I we're well into our fourth drinks. Like I knew they would they welcome Scott with open arms. It was good to see Scott laugh after just seeing how vulnerable and emotionally raw he was in the parking lot. If he liked Micah and Declan he would love the rest of them. I couldn't wait for him to meet Troy.

                'Oh shit, I need to call Troy.' I thought. Excusing myself from the table I went to the restroom and called Troy up. It didn't take much to convince Troy to come. When I told him of the trip he was all for it saying he needed a vacation. After hanging up I text Megan and told her both Scott and Troy were on board. All I had to do was call Dover and get him to agree.

                "Hey stranger… how are you?" He asked sounding a bit sleepy.

                "Did I wake you?" I asked.

                "Yeah but I needed to get up. I was supposed to do my laundry and it's still sitting in the hamper all kinds of not clean. What's up with you?" He asked. Taking a deep breath I told him about meeting Scott, the heart to heart we had, the engagement trip and the plan to get Troy and Scott together.

                "So what do you say Marine. Will you help me with this mission?" I asked.

                "Sir, yes sir… and that's awesome of you Sean. Not many people would befriend a guy like Scott after finding out he had slept with their man." Dover said.

                "Technically McClane isn’t my man… I don't know what he is… I'm still working on that." I said.

                "So what am I?" He asked.

                "Sorry but you're in the same category as McClane, the undecided." I said. There was a pause then Dover started laughing hard.

                "I know I should feel worried but honestly the way you just said that was hilarious. Let me get packed and I'll fly down to Cynthia's Vineyard and meet you guys there." Dover said.

                "Then Operation 'Get Scott a Date' will be underway." I said.

                "Operation 'Get Scott a Date'… you're special Sean… really one of a kind." Dover said. Frowning at my phone I knew just from the tone of his voice that wasn't a complement.

                "Whatever just get your ass there on time you hear me soldier."

                "Sir, yes sir."

McClane's POV:

               'Holy fuck balls… why is he here?!' I thought to myself as I stood there next to the party bus. Scott's car pulled up a few spacing away from us but at the time I didn't recognize it. When the door opened it felt like I'd vomited my own heart.

                'Why… why is this happening… is this karma's way of paying me back from all the fucked up shit I've done? If so I'm sorry!! Just please make Scott go away, don't let Sean see him!' I pleaded internally as Scott pulled a suitcase from his trunk. I kept moving over into the shadows of the bus trying to make sure he didn't see me all the while trying to keep tabs on him. Sean was standing a few feet away with Megan laughing about something. His back was towards Scott and I kept praying he wouldn't turn around.

                "Go back to your car and drive away." I muttered under my breath. Suddenly Scott paused and turned back to his car. I felt everything in my body tighten when this happened. He was almost to the driver's side door when the unspeakable happened.

                "There you are!" Sean said as he jogged over to greet Scott. I felt light headed and unstable on my own feet.

                'This can't be happening.' I thought as Sean reached for Scott's bag. Opening the car door Scott reached in for a gift wrapped box and a bottle of wine. Taking hold of the grill of the bus I fought to stay on my feet. I was about to scurry away out of sight when Sean called out my name.

                "MCCLANE!" I couldn't help it… I cringed. Turning back slowly I spotted Sean and Scott making their way over to me.

                "I'm fucked." I gulped as the reached me.

                "I want to introduce you to my friend Scott. Scott this is McClane Crawford." Sean said. Scott held his hand out for me to shake but I could make mine turn the bus a loose.

                "Nice to meet you." I squeaked. Smiling Scott gave me a nod.

                "I met Scott at the grocery store he works at. When Micah saw him he was like, 'Dude, you guys could be twins.' Scott and I got to talking after that and we've been cool ever since." Sean explained as he turned to see Micah and Declan pull up.

                "There they are." Scott laughed as a hung over Declan slithered out of the car.

                "I hate you guys." Declan mumbled. Going over to him Scott wrapped his arm around his waist.

                "I tried to warn you but you told me you knew what you were doing." Scott said pulling Declan up on his feet. His head wobbled back and forth as his eyes tried to focus on his surroundings.

                "You also said that mojitos wouldn't knock me on my ass." Declan hiccupped. Popping the trunk Micah started pulling the luggage from the car.

                "That's true Scott did say that but only if you drink plenty of water with it. You my friend said drinking water is for pussies and this is the result of your foolish actions." Micah said loading the bags on the bus. Turning to him Declan's eyes narrowed.

                "Fuck you Micah… now Scott will you be a dear and help me onto the bus. I should probably sober up some before we get to the vineyard. Lord only knows what activities Megan and Kallum have planned for us." He said. Taking the gift wrapped box and wine from Scott's hand Sean and I watched them hobble onto the bus with Micah chuckling close behind them.

                "Isn't Scott cool?" Sean asked once we were alone. Turning to him I tried to keep my face neutral while everything else on the inside exploded.

                "Yeah… he seems that way." I said.

                "I can't wait until we get to the vineyard. This is going to be a week to remember." Sean said before disappearing.

                'This is going to be a week to remember…' The guy I used to mess with is friends with the guy I want to be with, my little brother is drunk off his ass so I won't be getting any good advice from him, Megan's told me that Sean's also invited Pretty Boy aka Troy with her blessing. She gave me some bullshit story about how she wanted it to be a big group and so the more the merrier. But let's not forget the cherry for this 'McClane's fucked sundae'. Dover would be joining us once we arrived.

                'I thought we liked Dover now?' My conscience asked.

                'I like him well enough but he's still trying to get with Sean.' I explained.

                'So we're frienemies?' It asked. Frienemies… yep that was an excellent word to describe it.

                'What are you going to do about Scott?' It asked. There in lies the problem. I had no clue of what to do about Sean's new friend.

                'Well you have a three hour drive to figure something out now if you'll excuse me I'm going to leave you here… I don't want to be around with the shit hits the fan.' My conscience said.

                'You can't leave… you're my conscience. Where I go you go.' I said.

                'Wanna bet?' It muttered before literally disappearing in thin air.

                'Hello… hello… well damn.'

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The party bus was a sweet set up. Instead of one big open area the bus was divided up into little booths. When I climbed aboard I spotted Scott alone in one booth with earphones in his ears. I was trying to make my way over until Sean sat down next to him. Swallowing my curse I headed for the back. I was sitting there planning my next move when someone sat down next to me.

                "Isn't that the guy from the club?" Kallum whispered into my ear. Slowly I turned to face him. Nodding I watched his eyes widened as he mouthed 'fuck.'

                "Why is he here?" Kallum whispered again.

                "Somehow he and Sean are friends now." I whispered back. We both sat there staring at one another.

                "So… you're fucked right?" He asked suddenly.

                "Oh yeah totally." I answered leaning back in my seat.

                "Well at least we're going to a vineyard. There people won't bat an eye if you're drunk." Kallum chuckled.

                "I think I'll pass. Getting drunk is what got me in this situation in the first place." I grumbled. When we pulled off everyone was accounted for all except for Dover who was flying down and would meet us. All I could do was stare at the back of Sean and Scott's head. I knew they could feel it but refused to turn around. Next to me sat Pretty Boy aka Troy. He didn't hold a conversation with me just mumbled a few sentences then fell quiet as we road along. It was strange sitting next to him but if it wasn't bothering him I wouldn't let it bother me. I was trying to dose off when there was a slight beeping noise from his laptop. Pulling it from his case he opened it to find a message. I wasn't trying to be nosey but I couldn't help it.

                'Quantum Technologies… he works for them?' I wondered as he typed in his employee badge number and passcode.

                "You work for Quantum Technologies too?" I asked unable to keep my mouth shut. Looking to me he swallowed hard then back to his screen.

                "I did. I just ended my contract with them this year. After what happened on my last tour I couldn't take anymore." He said searching through the document on his computer.

                "What do you mean what happened on your last tour?" I asked.

                "I was on tour with Sean and his unit… I was there when everything went down. I mean I knew it would be dangerous I just didn't expect it to be like that." He said his words sounding hollow and distant. That little revelation was new to me. Why in the hell was Troy out there with Sean in the first place?

                "Have you ever heard of AGM?" Troy asked suddenly.

                "Yeah… we were briefed on it. It's some kind of genetic material that mimics DNA. It can be used in computers." I said.

                "Well… you're looking at the guy who invented it. AGM was my project. I created it, developed it and when the DOD bought the contract from Quantum Technologies I had to be the one who serviced the upgrades on it. Sean's unit was assigned to keep us safe while we upgraded the outposts. Apparently word got to the rebels and they hatched a plan to acquire me from the military. We were ambushed because of me… all those people died because of me... Sean almost died protecting me." Troy whispered.  He sat there shaking slightly in his chair his eyes empty. He was reliving what happened in his mind. Reaching over I placed my hand over his. He jerked just a bit but it brought him back to the present.

                "After we were rescued I informed the military I couldn't do that again so I've been training another to take my place. We've been adapting the software to his profile so that he can finish the updates on the outpost. After that's complete I can go about trying to live a normal life again." He said brushing a few tears away.

                "I'm sorry for what happened but you do know your programs have saved over a hundred thousand lives over there. You can't dwell on the bad because that's what the rebels want. They want you to give up but you can't. Don't let those who've died be in vain." I said. Troy sat there running his fingers through his hair for a minute before closing out his laptop.

                "You're right… I know you're right but I can't stop the nightmares… I can't help but think of the families who will never see their loved ones again because of me. Sean said that Hampton asked him to tell his daughter he loved her. That he'll be watching over her in heaven. He died in Sean's arms… I set up a trust fund for her to go to college. Every guy whose life was taken that day I've made financial arrangements for their families. I know it won't bring them back but it's all I have." Troy said placing his laptop back into its case.

                "The fact you cared that much to do that means more than you think. Those men knew what they were signing up for. They accepted the mission and served their country proudly. Now it's up to us to make sure we honor them by living our lives to the best of our ability." I said. Slowly Troy turned to me his eyes red.

                "I don't mean this to be negative but I've always thought you were a self center, egotistical, asshole who didn't serve Sean's affections." He said.

                "Wow… that's um… very specific… how do you feel about me now?" I asked scared of his answer. He looked me up and down as if he was assessing me like a software malfunction.

                "You're still an asshole but I can see why Sean likes you so much."           

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucid [✔️] By jero

General Fiction

56.7K 2.7K 38
It was just a dream, right? Or was it a warning? - Sequel to 'El Roommate.' I'd prefer if you read the first book first. But if you wanna read this...
3.1M 64.6K 27
This is the original Irresistible I will be writing a new one, with more detail, etc. If you'd like to read both you can.
392K 21.7K 39
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢...
194K 9.7K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...