Nefarious Boy

De LavanderMoon

❝nefarious /nɪˈfɛːrɪəs/ adjective: (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal❞ ©lavandermoon Mai multe

one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen

three

831 24 3
De LavanderMoon

carter

Fuck my god damn alarm. It had just fucking woke me up in the middle of the night. I had set it for the wrong time.

Setting your alarm clock for school, for 3:30am, was not a good way to start the second day of school.

Although the first day had gone alright. Sure, I hadn't met any girls my age, who want to make friends with me. But there was that one group of guys, who I didn't know very well.

Fuck my life.

I am really bored. I always get bored when I wake in the middle of the night.

I decided to put the TV on. I switched on my lamps, and plodded to the TV. Choosing a funny film that could make me laugh in these depressing times, I put in the DVD, and got back into my bed. I propped the cusions up more, so I could see better, and watched as the movie started.

Watching the movie made md feel a lot better. Although, Kylen's note was still on my mind somewhere I was much more relaxed. I got about half way through the film before my eyes started to droop. I yawned, turned off the TV, and set my alarm clock for the correct time. I turned the lamps off and fell back asleep.

~*~

"Honey, get up." I groaned. "Sweetie, you need to get up, otherwise your going to be late for class." My mom said to me. I groaned even louder.

"I set my alarm. Bug off!" I said, still with my eyes closed. I heard her sigh. But didn't hear her leave. I was about to repeat myself, but then she talked.

"Your bloody alarm already went off. You slept through it. You will be late if you don't get up right now." That's when my blood boiled, and I felt high adrenaline.

I shot up, and raced into the bathroom. Stripping off, I climbed in tying my hair up in the process. It's gald I know how to multitask. I brushed my teeth in the shower, something I did anyway, and then de-frizzed my hair. I ran a brush through it in the shower, and washed it. It was only frizzy when I got out of bed. But everyday it was naturally straight.

"Mom!" I called. "What's the temperature outside?"

"I don't know, but by the looks of it extremely cold. It's getting colder by the day." I sighed. It was true. EVERYDAY I was having to put just that one extra layer, making it be a vest top, coat, scarf.

I looked in my wardrobe, after quickly drying my hair, and picked out thick warm pattern leggings, a long white blouse, my thick navy coat, and my red, orange and purple matching hat gloves and scarf. I didn't put any make up on that day since I was running late.

I grabbed a cereal bar, of the counter, and went to kiss my mother good bye. But she was talking to Martin. I didn't really wany a grumpy mom because I ruined there conversation, so I left a rough note on the kitchen table. I told her I would be in late because I wanted to check out the library here.

Running to my car, I felt a few drops of something wet but dry. I looked at the sky and saw many of them. Snow.

I groaned, and got in my car. Turning on the heater, I drove to school. Parking the car in a space, I got out and leaned by the car. It turns out that I wasn't that late after all. In fact school didn't start for another eight minutes. I saw the black shiny dream car, pull in next to mine, and I felt myself shiver.

"Hey Carter!" I heard someone call. I turned around and saw Kylen standing there. I didn't reply. "Are you okay?" He grinned.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." I replied. He grinned again. He was cute when he smiled like that.

"So...did you read my note?" He said cheekily.

"I um...I-"

"BLIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!" The bell rang for first period.

Thank god for that. I was saved again by the beautiful bell. Thank you lord. I knew you were always there, watching over me.

"Ok look. There's the bell. Haha! Must run. Have Math. Sorry Kylen! Goodbye!" I said to him.

He just stood there utterly bewildered. The rest of the day went really slowly. I almost fell asleep in Math class, and by the time it was lunch, I could have fallen asleep right there and then.

Yawning, I sat on one of the benches, and got my book out of my backpack. But before I did anything, I quickly texted Kylen.

Hey Kylen. I'm really sorry about earlier. The bell just rang and well you know...Anyways. I did read your note. So um yeah :)

I didn't put any kisses. Maybe I should have put just one. Should I? Maybe I should have...I but my lip nervously waiting or his reply, and after a few seconds of waiting, my phone buzzed in my lap. I unlocked it, my heart doing tiny flips all over again.

Hey :) And I'm glad you got it. Meet me after school. Library?

My lip started bleeding and my heart was bouncing in my chest. He wanted to meet me after school? What do I say? I mean, I was planning to go to the library...

"Hey Carter!" Someone called. I turned around and saw Sam, and Blake running towards me. I waved at them. Sam grinned at me, and ruffled my hair, which earned him a light slap on his arm. It was very strong. I'm pretty sure my face changed when my hand felt him arm because he smirked proudly and flexed. I laughed and shook my head.

"Hey guys." I looked over at Blake who was staring at us both. He had a strange expression planted on his face. I couldn't figure it out. He shook his head, and then grinned at me.

"Hey stranger!" He said and winked. I laughed.

"Guys, I'm going to get food. I'm hungry. Peace out motherfuckers." Sam said, and saluted to us. Before jogging away. I sighed, and the laughed.

"Guess it's just me and you." Blake said.

Yay life.

"I guess it is. Wanna go find Kylen?" I asked unsurly. Maybe if I met up with him at lunch instead of after school, it wouldn't be as awkward.

He raised an eyebrow, at me.

"But I mean we don't have to you know. I mean we could just not..." I trailed of at the end.

"Why do you have a 'thing' for him?" He asked.

"No silly, we've just met. He's just, different."

"Different to your old boyfriend?" He asked. "Your ex, you mean." I suddenly stiffened. I turned away.

Tears started to well up. I knew he would ask about Jack sooner or later, but to be real honest I didn't want to tell him. Not now. Not yet.

"Carter? Carter are you alright?" He said after a few minuets. I just nodded, and wiped at he corners of my eyes. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. He grinned.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah." I put the book, that resting in my lap back in my backpack. But not before Blake snatched it away.

"Your such a nerd." He laughed. "Pride and Prejudice? Really? That's about the most girliest book I've ever read."

"Yet you've read it, and you're still calling me a nerd?"

"It is so boring, and Elizabeth is so annoying what with playing 'hard to get'."

I frowned at him. "She is not playing 'hard to get', she is one best written characters in English literature!"

"Let me guess," he smirks. "You fancy Mr Darcy?"

I laugh and nod, confessing. "How did you know?" I grin cheekily.

He laughed and sighed, changing the subjuct. "I'm hungry. Lets get something to eat." He said. I nodded, and we walked up to the cafeteria.

"Kylen doesn't date you know." Blake said out of the blue.

"And I care, why?"

"Nothing, I um- Just be careful. He may seem all sweet and boyish, but if you really knew him.."

"Blake. We don't even know each other, and its never going to happen. What does that mean anyway?"

"Exactly that. Be. Careful." I was about to protest, but he interrupted. "Let's go buy something. What do you want?" He asked.

I put my hand on my chin, thinking. "I want the hamburger!" I finally decided. "Wait are they nice?"

He laughed, "You are so fussy Carter seriously." I laughed at that.

Mum had always told me I was fussier than our old dog Lucy. And believe me. She was one fussy dog.

"And yeah. They are good." I nodded.

"Alright then." He stood up and began walking to the line. "Wait!" I called. I hadn't realised he was going up for the both of us. He jogged back quickly. "Here's my lunch money."

I waited pationtly for Blake to come running back with food in his hands.

"Carter! I haven't seen you a since this morning!" Someone called. Turning around I saw Kylen and Fabian walking towards me. Breathing heavily, I waved them over. Kylen took the seat next to me.

"Hey Carter. How's things?" Fabian asked.

"Good, thanks."

"Still a nerd?"

"I'm not a nerd. Nerds do not have socail lifes, and I do. Meaning therefore: I am not a nerd."

"Well, well, well. Don't we have a smartass here." Fabian said. I grinned, and he winked at me.

Looking over at Kylen I saw him looking very angry sitting beside me. He was looking over at Fabian. His cheeks tinged slightly red, probably because he looked like he was about to burst.

"Hey Carter." Kylen said, turning the attention back to him and me. "I was um wondering...would you like to something this Saturday?" I didn't know what to say.

I kind of stood there froze, not really knowing what to do. He sighed.

"I know you'll say no. I mean your such a beautiful girl. I bet loads of guys have asked you..." He said looking into his lap and then looking back up at me.

"No actually. Nobody has asked me anything. In fact most people like to avoid me."

"Oh...Well?"

"I um, can we speak later?" I say. He nods and smiles at me.

Blake then came back holding two burgers in his hand. "Apparently, according to Sam it's going to snow tommmorow!"

I groaned.

It was like swimming.

Me and snow.

We didnt mix.

"What? You don't like snow?" Fabian asked.

I shook my head. How could anyone like it. It was just cold and wet and yucky. Plus it got in your shoes, and made your socks soggy. Who enjoys that of a day?

"Wow. Boy are you mental. Kylen, you've asked out a freak here." Fabian said. I glared at him and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Wait, Kylen and you are going out?" Blake asked. He looked kind of startled as if he thought it was never going to happen. Believe me, I thought we were on the same page for that one.

"I asked her." Kylen smirked at him. "We're talking about it tonight in the library. Aren't we Carter?"

"Uh yeah."

Blake handed me the food which I gladly took. Taking a huge bite, and forgetting I was surrounded by three boys. Oh well, a girls gotta eat.

I finished the burger in three bites. It was yummy. Blake had been right. I hated the school but the food was good. I hated everything here, but that was life for you.

~*~

The bell rang soon after that, and I sighed. Fabian had already left so he could meet up with his new girlfriend, and Kylen wanted to go for some reason. Blake and I walked to our next class.

I was thinking about what I should sayto Kylen tonight.

You know what? Maybe I should go out this Saturday. A nice guy has asked me out, why shouldn't I say yes. It's not like anybody could stop me. It's not like Jack was here watching my every move.

Yeah.

Why can't I go.

You know what?

I am.

I'm going out with Kylen on Saturday.

In your face Jack.

~*~

a.n

there is just something about carter's persona that reminds me too much of myself 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

73 0 15
Following a traumatic experience, Lane plans to finish out highschool keeping entirely to herself. Carter is new in school and falls in with the popu...
115K 3.6K 36
❝Sometimes, you break the things you love,❞ She took a breath, hesitant to complete her sentence knowing the painful expression that would cross his...
40.1K 1.3K 33
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭...
1K 29 27