Sweet Karma [boyxboy]

由 rotXinXpieces

The war has begun; and the only thing Julian Alexander Grey wants to focus on is getting rid of the demonic p... 更多

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

15.3K 886 320
由 rotXinXpieces

Chapter Nineteen (Julian)

Adam and I sat on the bed across from each other, not saying a single word yet.

I think we were both trying to sort out our thoughts, trying to find something to say, but I kept drawing a blank and judging from Adam's eerie silence and hard stare, he couldn't think of any way to start this talk either. I nibbled my lower lip, hugging the pillow to my chest for a moment before I took a deep breath and forced myself to speak despite the tightness in my chest.

"I... I'm really sorry." I managed at last. Adam looked caught off guard for a moment, then quickly recovered and looked at me with intense hazel eyes. He didn't speak. His expression told me to go on, though, so I forced myself to continue while avoiding his eyes.

"I'm really, so sorry. For my parents, for my siblings, for this whole mess, for not listening to you, or even taking the time to try and figure you out. For everything. I'm... just really, really freakin' scared, especially after Alex told me about Nicholas. I don't want that to happen to you... Adam, if something happened to you, I don't know what I might do. Probably spontaneously combust or something." I explained, cursing myself for the way my voice trembled. I fell silent, not trusting myself to continue.

"You don't need to apologize," Adam said at last, looking right at me, "You didn't do anything wrong. None of this is your fault. You didn't ask for it... And yeah, I know you're scared. I see it every time you wake up in the morning and every time you go to bed, every time we walk into school, and every time you get close to me. Like you're afraid I won't come back. Is that how you felt when I left earlier?" I felt my lower lip tremble and bit down on it before clearing my throat, nodding instead of responding.

"I'll always come back, Julian," Adam answered quietly, scooting across the bed to sit in front of me, his hands reaching out to take mine, "Always." I didn't say anything, not yet. I didn't want to start crying again, because I was tired of crying. It only made me feel like crap, vulnerable, broken.

And that wasn't me.

I wasn't vulnerable. I wasn't broken.

We were quiet for a while longer before I forced myself to speak in a steady voice, savoring the way Adam's hands held mine, his thumbs smoothing over my knuckles.

"I'm ready to listen," I said at last, making Adam look at me with a frown, "I haven't been doing much listening lately. I keep talking and then I say the wrong things. Like, earlier? I didn't mean what I said. About... About Hunter and you. I'm sure Hunter's dealt with some painful shit before too and he can't be flawless under all that leather. Ah, this isn't coming out the way it sounded in my head. I'm really sorry." To my surprise, Adam laughed quietly, making me look up at him. He placed his hands on my cheeks before trailing them through my hair, giving me goosebumps as he cupped my head, tilting it to face him, his eyes studying me intently.

"Julian, it's all right, really. I just... overreacted before."

"B-But--"

"Ssh," Adam gave me a butterfly kiss on the lips before withdrawing to look into my eyes, "Stop apologizing. You haven't done anything. You're just being yourself. And that's what I love." I didn't say anything now, letting Adam kiss me a few times on the lips. They weren't the deep, hungry kisses I was used to. They were light and gentle, making my body ache to get closer to him. I slowly drew closer to him, crawling over and sitting in his lap, nuzzling his ear. He sighed as if it were the greatest thing in the world. He put his arms around my waist, pulling me up against him, resting his head against my chest.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, wrapping my arms around his head to hold it against my chest. He closed his eyes in bliss, tightening his arms around me.

"Honestly? I thought you were going to break up with me." He murmured. I blinked, letting go of him to sit down in his lap again so I was looking up at him.

"Why would you think that?" I asked in disbelief, reaching up to cup his face. He looked down at me, tired and maybe even a little sad, and it felt like my heart was breaking.

"I don't know." He replied softly, then wrapped his arms around me again. I hugged him back tightly, cradling him to my chest. We didn't talk for a while, just sat there in silence, holding each other. The only sound came from the wind outside the window and the faint voices in the rest of the house.

After a while, we sprawled out on the bed. Adam rested against the pillows and I draped myself on top of him, letting my head rest against his chest, listening to his heart beat a steady beat. I could hear his blood rushing through his veins like a steady stream. He was calm now.

"I don't know what to do," Adam breathed at last, making me lift my head and rest my chin on his chest so I could look into his face as he stared up at the ceiling, "Halfblood or no halfblood. Stay here or go with you. Kill or be killed. I don't know what to do." I gazed at him sadly, watching him war with himself. I still didn't speak, because I promised to listen now, not speak.

"I don't want to drink blood," He went on, grimacing at the thought, "I don't like the taste. I've been hit in the mouth before. I know what it tastes like... And I don't want to have to live on that. I don't want to drink from plastic bags. I don't want to drink from animals either. I like greasy cheeseburgers on the Fourth of July. I like turkey and dressing in the fall. I like apple pie, I like chocolate milkshakes. Hell, I rather have heartburn and indigestion than have to drink blood every day for the rest of my life. I don't mind eating so much that I gain a couple pounds. I don't mind lying on the sofa and vegetating after a Thanksgiving dinner." He was quiet for a while and I heard his stomach give a faint growl, making me smile faintly as I slid my hand up his shirt, placing it over his stomach and rubbing slow circles.

Adam sighed, closing his eyes in a way that told me he was enjoying it. He opened his eyes after a while to stare up at the ceiling again.

"I don't want to die either," He murmured, giving me chills as I looked up at his face, "I don't want my life to end this soon. Not after everything I've done to survive this far. And I promised you I wouldn't die. I don't want to think about what would happen if you were alone, especially with all these predators on the loose. I know I'm human. I know I can die easily. I know that if I were a halfblood, I could still die, but it would be harder. I know that if I stay a human, I'll grow old and die if Zephyra doesn't kill me first. If I'm a halfblood, if Zephyra doesn't kill me, I'll age at the same rate you are. I'll be young forever, but for some reason, that bothers me." I looked at him questioningly as he studied the ceiling, as if hoping the answers to all his problems would fall from above.

"I'll be seventy and still look like I'm twenty. I know it's probably stupid, but I want to know what I would look like, where I'd be, what I'd be when I'm seventy and human. Probably half dead in a nursing home somewhere, but still. It's an experience I wouldn't have. I don't know," Adam sighed at last, shutting his eyes tightly as if trying to block something out before his expression relaxed, "I don't know. They're stupid things to think about, but I can't help it."

"It's not stupid," I said quietly, picking up Adam's hand and lacing my fingers with his before tilting my head up to look at him, "It's... It's normal to worry about those kinds of things. Most humans just jump at the chance because they want eternal life and youth. They think all the riches and power come with the package, but that's not true. There are plenty of homeless vampires out there. Just look at Newell. Not that you're gonna be homeless, though. You'd... live.. with me." Adam held his breath for a moment, his heart jumping into overdrive at the thought.

He reached up his other hand, sliding his fingers through my hair so he was cupping my head to his chest.

"That's what got me thinking," He said at last, his voice quiet, "I don't want to drink blood. I don't want to miss out on certain things. I don't want to be like the people your parents want you to marry, you know, a vampire. I want to be... I want to be me. But how selfish is that?" I frowned.

"Selfish?" I asked.

"I want to be with you for as long as possible. I want to be there when you turn twenty-one and take you out to a bar somewhere where you get dead drunk. I want to be there when we get our first house. I want to be waiting for you when you come home from your first job. I compare what life would be like for us if I were human, and life if I were a halfblood. And being a halfblood sounds like it's so much easier physically, but... Mentally? I'm not so sure... Look, I'm just... trying to get around to saying that I'm being selfish when I say that I want to stay human. If I stay a human, I die eventually and you're left alone. If I become a halfblood, we're together for... well, what? Eternity, until someone decides to lop my head off because I'm an obstacle. But then I'm just like everyone else. I'm a strong vampire, but how is that even... different? How does that make me worthy?"

"Worthy?"

"As a human, you know very well I can take down guys bigger than me. When I caught Walter outside, I pinned him to the ground so fast he didn't have time to blink. And even before he went crazy I could get him in a headlock no problem. But that makes me... stronger. Knowing that even though I'm a human, I can still take down bigger, badder things. As a halfblood, taking down four guys with one hand tied behind my back? What's so special about that?"

I stared at Adam as he fell silent again. My heart ached for him and I wanted to say something that would make him feel better, but I didn't know what.

He didn't want to be a halfblood because he didn't want to drink blood, he didn't want to miss out on human experiences, he didn't want to become ordinary. One would think it odd to think that being a vampire in general was ordinary, but it was true. Just like there were normal humans, there were normal vampires too.

And I didn't want to say it out loud, but he was right. Being able to fight people off as a vampire wasn't really that big a deal. Vampires fought each other all the time, for different reasons. Entertainment, vengeance, orders from a higher power. It didn't matter.

But that was who Adam was.

Adam loved fighting. He loved the thrill, the adrenaline, proving to everyone that he wasn't someone you could mess with. To be able to protect himself and those he cared about. He was used to doing things on his own without help, ever.

And now he needed help. A lot of help.

He was just having trouble asking for it.

"Adam," I said quietly, sitting up so I was straddling his waist, his eyes locking on me now as he propped himself up against the pillows, "No matter what you choose, you'll still be Adam to me. You'll still be the kickass guy I run to when I need something. You'll still be the King. You'll always be the King... You'll always be my King." Adam stared at me as I started to unzip his pants. I really didn't know anything else to do to show Adam that he was the strongest, that he was in charge. He didn't stop me, though, so I carried on until I could free him from his pants.

I took him into my mouth, careful to keep my fangs from scraping him because I'm pretty sure that was uncomfortable. To think that he could trust me enough to let me do this without biting him was amazing. The fact that I could do this without going insane was also stunning. I could feel the vein pulsing against my tongue as I ran it along his shaft. I could hear all the blood rushing south, making him rock hard in my mouth.

Adam groaned, reaching his hand down to sink into my hair. He wrapped my hair around his fingers and pulled, and though most people would probably complain about that, I loved it.

I sucked him slow and seductively, moaning deep in my throat. Adam growled, gritting his teeth, body tensing as he came hard into my mouth. I squeezed my eyes shut, moaning as I let it go down my throat. I pulled my mouth away, kissing the tip of him before looking up at him to see him breathing hard, recovering from his orgasm.

Adam didn't say anything more. He didn't need to.

He moved quickly, pinning me down on the bed and jerking my pants off, tossing them aside. I panted, watching him as he grabbed the bottle of lotion off the nightstand.

"You're okay with strawberry today?" I asked.

"I'd fuck you raw right now if I wasn't so opposed to watching you cry." Adam answered gruffly, giving me goosebumps. I shivered a little, letting my legs rest on his shoulders as he squirted pink lotion onto his fingers before he tossed the bottle aside. He plunged two finger in without any warning, making me cry out and grab at him. I moaned, arching my back up as he moved his fingers in a rigorous in and out motion.

He made scissor motions with his fingers and smeared the pink lotion along my balls and up my shaft. I hissed past clenched teeth as he traced circles around me before putting his fingers back inside me. I could tell he was getting impatient. He was throbbing hard again, sweating at the temples, tongue sweeping across his lower lip hungrily. It was almost enough to make me come right then and there.

"Adam," I breathed, "Just do it." Adam passed me a hot, intense stare that made me moan.

"Do what?" He asked teasingly, spreading my legs wider and adding a third finger. I writhed uncomfortably, clawing at the bed sheets as I panted.

"Just-Just," I paused to moan when he pushed his fingers deep inside me, sending chills through me, "Please, just fuck me. Please." Adam stared at me intently, making my body hot. My cheeks flushed and I sucked in a sharp gasp when he removed his fingers, getting up on his knees. He took a hold of my legs under my knees. I watched him the entire time as he stared back at me before plunging in hard.

I tried to muffle my voice, but I couldn't move fast enough as I arched my back and cried out. I grasped at the sheets, then settled for covering my mouth with my hands, breathing hard into them as Adam started to move his hips, thrusting hard so our skin slapped together.

"Mmph! A-Adam, s-slow down--"

"Don't cover your mouth, let me hear your voice."

"B-But--" I cut off as Adam hit something inside me that made stars dance across my vision. I gave up and dropped my arms to the bed, gasping and moaning as pleasure rocketed through my blood, turning it to lava. My body ached and throbbed with unbelievable euphoria. Adam reached down between my legs, massaging his hand around me.

I felt like I was watching fireworks explode as I arched my back and came. I panted hard, pushing back against Adam, who had taken a hold of my knees and was pushing himself in hard and fast. It didn't take long for him to spill himself inside me. I hissed past clenched teeth, letting him ride it out before he let go of me, sitting back and breathing hard. I laid there for a second, then forced my body to move even though it felt like I was made of Jell-O.

I crawled over to Adam, wrapping my arms around his waist and pressed my cheek to his abs that seemed to ripple against my skin. I purred at the feeling of his muscles flexing, chest heaving up and down as he caught his breath. He rested his hand on my head, ruffling my hair.

"You really know how to make me feel better." He murmured. I smiled up at him.

"You're good at kicking ass and I just happen to be good at sex." I replied. He smiled faintly, stroking my hair.

"It's not just the sex. Don't get me wrong-- You're a freakin' incubus... It's just," He paused and I looked at him curiously as he gazed down at me sincerely, "Really, Julian. This is probably the first time in my life that I've ever doubted myself and the decisions I make... And right when I thought I was about to be alone again, you told me exactly what I wanted to hear." I smiled, then sat up and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him to me tightly.

Adam hugged me back, burying his face against my neck, breathing deeply. We hugged for a while longer before we showered, changed the sheets, and went to bed.

I curled up against Adam as he laid on his side, his arm around me protectively, holding me up against his body.

"Ready for the dance tomorrow?" I murmured sleepily, drawing lazy circles on Adam's chest with my finger. He hummed, his chest vibrating with the sound, his eyes closed.

"We're gonna make those people scream like the fangirls did for the Beatles."

"That's terrifying, but awesome at the same time," I responded with a smirk, then paused to frown thoughtfully, "Adam, what did my mom say to you when we were at the..." My voice trailed and a smile fell across my lips to see Adam fast asleep, snoring quietly. Trying to wake him up now would be like trying to wake the dead.

I shrugged it off for tomorrow and laid my head back down on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

As soon as I did, I was plunged into a blindingly bright white light. I cringed away from it, closing my eyes against it and rolling onto my back. I opened my eyes again and the bright light cleared so I was staring up at the ceiling of a hotel room. I was on a soft, expensive bed. I slowly sat up, looking around nervously.

"Daimonas," I said uneasily as I slid off the bed slowly, "You said you were gonna take a break. What're you doing?" I got no response. I walked around the room a bit, grimacing when I saw my reflection. I was back in that terrifying wedding dress from my other visions, but I had enough throwing a hissy fit about it. I ignored it and went to a window, pulling the curtains open before I froze, staring out over a huge city from the top of a tall hotel.

Detroit, I realized, a lump in my throat. Why was I in Detroit? It was the metropolitan district too. Everything was huge and fancy, a monorail sliding in between buildings down below. Not too far to the left was the Detroit River seperating Michigan from Canada. Despite the beauty of it all, my stomach plummeted into an abyss.

What am I doing here? How did I get to Detroit?

I whirled around and went to the door to the hotel room, but just as I was about to open it, it opened for me and the door almost smashed me in the face, but I barely managed to move my head back as Wulf entered the room. My eyes widened and I took several steps away from him.

He looked the same as he did when we last met. Incredibly tall and handsome with his jet black hair was cut shorter, though, styled like the stereotypical groom that crawled out of a People magazine. His dark eyes flashed, a smirk creeping onto his face as he shut the door behind him, leaning against it. He wore an expensive tuxedo that seemed to gleam in the lights of the room.

"Hello, sweetheart. Are you enoying your room?" He asked. I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but my mouth didn't work and instead, my voice came out as a choking sob.

"Let me out! I don't want to be here! I want my mom!" I sobbed, tears streaming down my face so suddenly that it scared me. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I couldn't describe it. It was like I had no control over my body.

"Now, now, darling," Wulf pushed off the door and took a step toward, and I took one back, but he gave me a look that told me he was tired of my bullshit, so he grabbed my arm roughly and jerked me towards him, giving me a cold hard stare, "Quit crying, you little brat. You're going to ruin the make up."

"I wanna go home! Let me go!" I shouted, jerking at his grip. Wulf's eyes flared and he swung his hand around, backhanding me so hard I slammed into the wall and hit the floor, breathing hard as pain exploded in my skull. I grabbed at the floor with one hand to keep myself up on my hands and knees, my other hand wandering to my cheek that burned. I could taste blood in my mouth as I swished my tongue around. A strong grip caught a handful of my hair, making me yelp as my head was torn back so I was bent backwards, staring up into Wulf's face as he glared down at me for a moment before his expression softened.

"Oh, sweetheart, look at this. Your make up's all messed up and now you have a bruise on your cheek," He leaned down and kissed my cheek, making my skin crawl in repulsion, "Now, get up on your damn feet, slut, so I can call Kaiya in here." He pulled me up by my hair, making me hiss in pain. He shoved me hard at the bed and I expected to fall back on it, but instead, I fell through the air and kept falling.

I screamed, grasping through the darkness to grab something, anything, my arms were just flailing through the air. I squeezed my eyes shut and gritted my teeth, preparing for impact into something hard.

Instead, I fell into a pair of arms. I gasped and my eyes flew open. I found myself staring up at Daimonas, who'd grown a couple inches taller since we last met. His skin was still black as coal, but now it looked shinier, almost like it was rubber or something. His hair was still snow white and fell down his back, a few locks hanging over his shoulders, his bangs brushed over his face. His matching horns protruded from his forehead and the top of his head, his pointy ears poking out through his hair.

"Daimonas?" I managed. He nodded and set me down on my feet. I stumbled and almost fell, but Daimonas helped me catch my balance again. I trembled for a moment, running a hand through my hair before I looked at Daimonas, who watched me with a grim expression.

"W-What was that?" I stammered. Daimonas narrowed his eerie reptilian eyes, folding his arms over his chest. His weird black lizard tail coiled out from behind him and flicked a few times, reminding me more of a cat's than a lizard now.

"A vision," He muttered bitterly, "Sssomething big is about to happen. Ssssomething evil. We're not sssafe." I frowned, hugging myself for a moment to try and recover what dignity I lost while falling through the air and landing in his arms.

"W-What're you talking about? That thing in my vision? Is that what's going to happen?" I asked uneasily. I didn't like the idea of that vision coming true. It gave me a really, really bad feeling. And it was more than just the fact that I was marrying Wulf in that vision. That was only a small fraction of it.

"It could be," Daimonas admitted, making me glare at him and he answered with a scowl now, "I do not know everything. I can only grab bitsss and piecccesss. But I will tell you right now that marriage isss currently the mossst dangerousss decccision you could make. Do not talk about it to anyone, or it could trigger ssssomething."

"Trigger something? What're you talking about? And why do you keep hissing at me? Why can't you just say Ss like a regular person." I groaned, stomping my foot in frustration. Daimonas snorted.

"You try talking with two tonguesss and sharp teeth. It'sss much more difficult than you think. But that doesss not matter right now," He snapped, clenching his fists and lowering them to his sides, "We have trouble coming and I'm almossst charged up enough to be able to essscape. Do not go anywhere alone, ssstay in populated areasss. Trussst no one."

"Wait, isn't talking to me right not wasting energy?" I asked. Daimonas shook his head.

"I made it ssso I don't have to wassste energy here. Well, not a lot of it anyway."

"Well, awesome," I drawled sarcastically, making Daimonas scowl before I remembered what my family had discussed at their previous meeting, "You can't teleport out of my head yet." Daimonas glared at me.

"I do not want to ssstay and you do not want me here either. Why do you want me to ssstay?"

"Because if you leave, my family is going to kill you-- Zephyra will kill you." I warned. For the first time, Daimonas hesitated. I knew he wouldn't like the idea of being jumped once he left my head. He shifted a bit uncomfortably, narrowing his eyes in disgust as he looked down at the ground.

"Sson of a bitch," He cursed, "Bloody vampiresss, humansss, oni. They can never leave usss alone."

"Maybe if you stopped jumping into people's heads we wouldn't be having this problem."

"You don't understand," Daimonas snapped suddenly, making me frown as he took a step toward me, his tail flicking behind him, "My people need to live inssside a hosst until we are whole. We feed on energy, on power. It'sss what we need to grow, to live. We are infantsss in a womb. Our mothersss ssspawn at leassst three hundred of usss all at onccce."

"Holy damn." I breathed. Daimonas frowned.

"Yesss. But only one or two of usss ssssurvivesss becausssse we find sssomeone to latch onto. The ressst cannot find an energy sourcce and begin to die a ssslow and painful death. Thosssse of usss that sssurvive mussst watch our ssssiblingss die. I do not want to die like that. They shrivel and disssipate into nothingness... They do not go anywhere when they die. Your people go to Sssummerland or are reincarnated, becaussse you have sssouls. We haven't developed our sssoulss yet and therefore, we ceassse to exist entirely. We do not go anywhere after death. There isss no heaven, no paradissse, no sssecond chance. When we die, we die." He explained bitterly.

Okay, I know he's supposed to be the demented demon parasite in my head, but now I felt really sorry for him. It made my gut clench. I don't know what I'd do if I had to watch Alexander and Amber die, knowing they'd have no peace after, because there was nothing after.

Score for the athiests, I thought nervously, shifting as I watched Daimonas stare off into the white space that surrounded us, layers of his black fog self still hovering around. He looked at me now, eyes narrowed.

"That'ssss not the worssst part of thisss isssue. I will be usssing up ssso much energy on teleporting out of here, that when I essscape, I will go into a temporary coma in order to recover my losssst ssstrength. I won't be able to move or ssspeak or defend myssself." He informed. I stiffened.

"You're fucking kidding me."

"We're talking about my death here. Why would I be kidding?"

"Goddamn it," I cursed under my breath, clenching my fist against my head as I started to feel a headache start in my temples, "Great, this is just great. You have both my family, which includes the Gothica clan, and Zephyra, the most dangerous terrorist group in the history of forever gunning for you. Why did you choose now of all times to jump out of me?"

"You're the one who shot that power into me ssso ssssuddenly. I did not asssk for that. I wasssn't expecting to leave you for another year or two."

"Fantastic," I muttered, then sighed in frustration before looking at Daimonas, feeling the gears in my head turning, "How will I know when you're teleporting out of me?" Daimonas gave me a droll stare.

"Prepare yourssself for the biggessst headache of your entire life." He answered. I gave him a short nod, turning away.

"Awesome," I said sarcastically, but kept going on, "So I need to find someplace vacant to go to in order to let you out."

"I told you not to go anywhere alone--"

"And you also told me not to let you die, and I can't have that on my conscious anyway, so we're gonna have to go with alone and hoping no one follows us. When do you think you'll be charged up enough to leave?" I askes seriously. Daimonas stared at me for the longest time, like he was trying to figure out if I had an alterior motive. I wouldn't blame him. People were trying to dissect him like a frog in a science lab. He didn't trust anyone. He'd been alone since the moment of his birth. It was a race against his other siblings to live. Whoever got the nearest energy source first won, and the loser died a horrible painful death before disappearing into oblivion.

"Sssaturday morning," He said at last, sounding quiet at first before he cleared his voice and speaking louder, "Sssaturday morning for sure. I should be ready to teleport by then. But no where in your houssse isss it ssafe for me to teleport to. Onccce I exit, I will probably fall to the floor and lapse into my coma."

"And how long will you be in that coma?"

"I'd give it... about a week."

"Damn it, Daimonas."

"I'd apologize, but that would do nothing. What are you going to do with my body while I am unconsciouss?" He asked. Obviously this part concerned him the most. I hesitated for a second.

He was right about my house. I couldn't do it there because everyone would go into a panic frenzy and try killing Daimonas right then and there. They didn't understand him. No one did, and that's what bothered me. Okay, sure. Maybe it was Daimonas' fear mingling with my own, but it still didn't matter. It was wrong to kill something you didn't understand. Daimonas just wanted to be left alone, to live the life he fought his own siblings for.

I wasn't going to let him die.

So the house was totally off limits. I needed to take him somewhere else. What place was completely devoid of all life? I went through a list of places in town, but it was only narrowed down to a small handful, and most of them were a good couple miles away.

"What about the cemetery?" I asked. Daimonas grimaced and shook his head.

"I'm an empty vessssal. My ssssoul hasn't developed yet. Therefore, my body isss up for grabsss for any sssoulsss that could be wandering the area. Try ssssomething elsssse." He answered. I sighed, but tried again anyway.

"Well," I muttered, "There's this old church in the woods behind the cemetery. I could try there, or would you burn up because you're a demon?" Daimonas scoffed.

"Religion hasss no placcce here. I will not be burned up, however, that isss too far from civilization. What if Zephyra findssss usss?"

"Well, fine! How about we try the school? I have a dance Friday night and I can just make up some excuse and hang back. When everyone's gone, we can find an empty classroom or something and when you're ready, you can jump out. How does that sound?" I asked, waiting for Daimonas to make up another excuse. Daimonas hesitated for a moment, then nodded slowly.

"That sssoundsss good. Jussst don't ssstuff my body into a locker." He answered dryly. I snorted at the thought, then suddenly remembered Daimonas' warning about something big coming. I opened my mouth to ask him when he suddenly hissed.

"We're out of time. We need to ssstop now before I run out of energy." He said.

"But--"

"Goodbye." And it was like he hung up on me. There was a sharp click and I blinked, opening my eyes to find myself staring up at the ceiling of my room just a second before my alarm went off for school. Beside me, Adam was still snoring, dead asleep. I took a few deep breathes, wiping the sweat from my forehead before I sat up slowly, shutting off the alarm before staring straight ahead across the room.

Oh, well.

I solved the problem with my boyfriend and his self-esteem.

Now I have a terrified demon ready to spawn from inside my brain.

And I was the only one who could save him.

Aha... My life sucked.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

Silver / | 由 Black cat

神秘 / 驚悚

221 72 36
They're both trying to find their way through life, and both trying to let go of their pasts and become their own people. But, of course, they face c...
208K 10.8K 40
Lance Hallen is nothing short of unsociable. He is rude, ill-tempered, and can become quite violent when he feels it is necessary. Much like everyone...
673K 28.7K 23
Julian Alexander Grey has had it. He's not the golden child his parents had hoped for. He's not as smart or powerful or influential as his older brot...
28.6K 1.1K 25
[THIS IS ONE OF MY OLDER BOOKS. IM NOT PROUD OF THE WRITING, BUT I STILL HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. IVE GOTTEN A LOT BETTER AND IF YOU WISH TO READ MORE BY M...