More Than A Woman ยป Zarry โœ”

By itsZaynAndhaRRY

When magic turns Zayn into a woman, she and Harry must learn to understand women. Zayn always had trouble und... More

More Than A Woman
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
Thank you โค

twenty one

4.9K 218 202
By itsZaynAndhaRRY

Harry had seen different sides of Liam. He'd seen his playful side, his annoying one, his disrespectful one, his caring one... He'd seen multiple phases of him many times. But none of them included any like this one because he'd had never seen him so brokenhearted before in his life. He was obviously hurting from what had happened and even after Harry had taken him home and gotten ready for bed that night, he couldn't get the image of him breaking down on his chest out of his head. Zayn could see it in his face.

"Are you okay?" She whispered after she'd sat up on her elbow, looking over at him.

He shook his head. "No, Z. I'm not. He's been doing so well. He's been getting better everyday and now this... I hope he doesn't let it affect him."

"Maybe he won't. Not all kids let outside stuff affect their school performance."

"But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about later in his life. Look, I know what it's like to know your father and then suddenly feel like you don't know him at all. It's not easy. But it's even harder for him because he already resents him. I just don't want him to end up hating him or holding some grudge that he'll regret later after his father dies."

"You sound like a parent and I don't like it because we don't have kids."

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to. It's just such a shame that he has to go through that at that age. It's like looking in the mirror."

She scooted closer to him and rested the palm of her hand on his chest. "Well, you want to know what I think?"

"What?"

"I think you should get some sleep tonight and try not to let it keep you up."

"I don't have important things to do tomorrow. I might as well let it keep me up."

"No you have to take me to work, remember? And I need you well rested if you're going to be driving me. Plus you can't change what happened. You can only help him through it. And sulking in bed is not how you help him. You know that."

He faced her and let a small smile appear. "I love it when you make more sense than me. Gives me a good reason to keep you around."

She scoffed as he reached back to turn the light off. "No, you want me around."

"Duh, of course I do. So I can do this." After scooting closer, he slipped his hand under the covers to pull one of her legs over his. Then he rolled over on top of her, ignoring the little fussing noise she made and he faced her even though he couldn't see her. "Tell me. Vacation was amazing, wasn't it?"

"Yeah. It was. I really didn't want to leave."

"Me either. And I'm glad you agreed to go. Everything's better with you."

"Everything better be better with me. You have my virginity."

Harry chuckled. "I do, don't I? Guess that means you definitely can't go anywhere now. You're mine forever doll face."

"Oh, that's a horrible nickname. Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Because it sounds so old fashioned. Like we're in a nineteen fifties movie or something."

"So should I touch you all over instead?"

"Not tonight." And she popped his hand as he started to push it under the T-shirt she'd put back on. "You should go to sleep and let me do the same. I have to get up in the morning."

"We'll pick this up tomorrow night then?"

"Maybe."

He hummed before quickly bending down to kiss her, only to catch the side of her mouth. Then he plopped down beside her again and turned away from her, taking most of the covers in the process so that she only had parts of it. She huddled behind him and kissed his shoulder in a warm and tender way. "Goodnight Hazza. Try not to think so hard tonight."

He reached back and tangled his feet with hers. "I won't.... Goodnight."

→→→→→

A week later, Harry was finally back at work and school was back in. Harry was on his way back from the teacher's lounge after warming up his lunch. However, as he got ready to walk in his office, he heard two people talking inside. So he stopped outside the door.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I had no idea all that was going on. I hope your mother is alright."

"Eh, she's okay. She's got me so..."

His voice lowered and Harry didn't quite catch the rest of it. But there was cute laughter from a girl. "That's sweet. I'm sure she appreciates it."

"Yeah. She does." A short pause. "But uhm, Sophia. Wanna know what I was wondering?"

"What?"

"If you had a boyfriend or something."

Harry leaned closer so he could hear better.

"No. I do not."

"Oh really..." and Harry rolled his eyes cause he could just see Liam plotting about how to get her. He probably used his father as the perfect sob story. "Well, I think you'd make a cool girlfriend. Do your parents let you date?"

"Yeah, but why are you so interested in knowing about me? Because I could have sworn we were talking about you and your mum." But he could hear the grin.

Liam cleared his throat. "Because... I think... I think you're really pretty and a sweet girl. That's all."

There was an even longer pause than before.

"And you're sort of funny. Maybe even a little bit cute if you weren't so bad all the time."

"I can be good though. I could totally be good." Liam was scrambling. Harry could tell it in his voice. "I can get your books and carry them for you and walk you to class. Good people do that right?"

"I guess but... Wait, what are you doing? Liam don't touch that-"

"Ouch!" Two voices said in unison and Harry felt sorry him. The poor boy was probably making an absolute fool of himself and he had to step in.

"Hmph, I didn't know you guys were in here." He said, feigning surprise. But he was no longer faking when he saw Liam leaning over Sophia with his face next to hers and they were both rubbing their heads. "What happened to you two?"

"Nothing." Liam quickly backed away and sat down in his own seat. "Where were you? We've been waiting for ten minutes, Harry. The end of lunch bell will be ringing in a couple minutes.

"I apologize. I had to warm up my lunch." He said and he sat down. "You should have come earlier."

Sophia spoke up. "It's okay, Mr Styles. I can wait and just let Liam talk to you today."

"No, don't be silly." Liam interjected." I can wait and Sophia can talk to you. It's no big deal and she was here first anyway."

Harry raised his brow at Liam's considerateness. "What?"

"It's okay Liam. I might be late to class if I talk to him now cause I'll be a while. So you can go ahead." She flashed a huge smile his way before turning her back to Harry and lowering her voice. He could still hear her though. "I will wait for you outside his office in the chairs and give you a chance to... be good. If you want me to."

Liam nodded slightly.

"Okay. I'll be the chairs." She whispered before grabbing her things, leaving and closing the door behind her.

"Hmm." Harry hummed. "Anything new I should know about?"

"Not really. Why?"

"Just wondering. How is your mother? Is she taking it any better?"

"She's okay. She still had a lot of stuff of his in the bedroom because she wasn't sure if they'd ever get back together. But everything he didn't take back home with him this time, she's starting to throw it out now."

"Oh."

"But that's the fun part. She's officially disowning his sorry ass. Just like I did two and a half years ago."

Harry pulled back the flap on his microwave lunch and let the steam escape, choosing not to expound on his statement any further. "Well if you need anything or if your mother needs anything, don't hesitate to call. And you know where I live too."

Liam laughed. "So you won't call the police if I just show up on your door step one day?"

"Not if it's important. I only said that in case you thought about showing up just to bother me. But asking for help is is not considered bothering me."

"Ah. I see."

Harry pulled a plastic fork from a bag on his desk and stabbed it in his food just as the end of lunch bell rang. "You got your new schedule today, right?"

"Yep. Want to see it?"

"Nope. Just make sure you go to all your afternoon classes today. And tomorrow we'll discuss it and what we'll have to do to make sure you pass this semester too."

"So we're not going to do it today?"

"At first we were. But I think your lady friend out there is waiting for you to carry her books to class and I'm sure that if she's late she might not forgive you for that. You don't want to miss your chance with the person you're chasing. Trust me."

Liam's lips parted. "How did you know I was supposed to walk her to class?"

"I have my ways."

"You were listening in, weren't you?"

"I have my ways." He repeated.

"And you're not going to stop me?"

"No."

"Or tell me to be careful or make up some reason about why I should stop liking her?"

"No. Now get out, or you're going to be late to your own class and I'm not writing your teacher a note."

Liam grinned widely. Then suddenly he jumped up, went around the desk, pulled Harry toward him and planted a kiss on his temple. "I love you!"

"Liam!" He yelled out just as the boy snatched up his books and began to exit the office. "Don't do that ever again!"

"Not even to make Veronica jealous?!" He called back.

"What a clown..." Harry mumbled as he used the inside of his arm to wipe the feeling away. But then he looked outside the door to see Liam taking Sophia's bag and one of her hands and he couldn't even contain his smile. It was like he was watching him change before his eyes. And now he wondered what Liam was going to do when he finally graduated and didn't see him five times a week.

→→→→→

"Yaser! Yaser, they're here! Wahliya, Doniya, Safaa, get your butts down here. It's time!" Patricia ran over to the window and squealed happily. She hadn't seen her daughter since she and Harry left for vacation and now they were coming to spend the night and celebrate her 27th birthday fashionably late. It had fallen earlier in the week on Tuesday but Zayn didn't want to take off from work just to come here since she had just taken two vacation days for the trip. So they agreed that she'd come by on the weekend. Patricia was excited to hear about the vacation.

"Don't act like this around them, please." She heard Yaser beg.

"I'm sorry. I just can't help it. And don't pretend I don't know you're not eager to talk to Harry either."

"I'm not eager to talk to him. I just want to do a little bit of observing and see if anything is different between them."

"Honey, of course it is. We didn't fall off turnip trucks and they know we didn't. But who cares? I'm excited about what's next for them. I couldn't care less about what's already happened." She faced the window again and squealed because Harry was carrying two bags up to the door and Zayn was in front of him. The three girls made it downstairs just as there was a knock.

On the other side of the door, Zayn was waiting patiently. She was expecting one of her family members to open the the door and greet her, but she didn't expect to have everyone yell "surprise" the moment she stepped in the door. There were decorations strung up and a banner with her name glittered across it. The house was filled with the aroma of food and she smiled at the fact that her father had on a party hat.

"This is for me?"

"Of course, honey." Yaser confirmed.

"No wonder Harry agreed so easily when I told him I didn't want anything for my birthday. I should have known something was up."

"We know. You never want anything for your birthday." Her mother said. "But you know me. Birthdays are too special not to celebrate. Now come all the way in. We've been dying to see you two. Let's get something to eat and then you can tell us everything."

Harry and Zayn gave each other a look that her father spotted right away but they came all the way in as she said. Harry took the bags where they belonged and when he came back, everyone shuffled to the kitchen to fill their plates with good food.

They could hardly get settled before Patrica was asking them questions. "So how was the vacation? What did you two do?"

"We went out. Just like daddy suggested."

"Oh really?"

Harry nodded once at her from across the room.

"Was it beautiful?" Safaa asked her sister.

"Yes. Very."

"Was it romantic?"

"Totally. But I'm sorry I missed Christmas though. I just really needed a break."

"We understand, Veronica. All grownups need breaks every now and then. Your mother and I needed them all the time. I'm just glad you both enjoyed yourself."

"Safaa says you recorded a video of the cabin, Harry. Did you bring it with you?" Wahliya asked.

"Yes, I did and I'll play it for you all after we finish eating."

"Awesome. What was your favorite part of the cabin?"

"I didn't really have one."

"You didn't?"

"Nope."

"What about you, V? What was your favorite part?"

She thought for a moment. "The bed."

Harry stopped chewing.

"And why is that?" Yaser cut in.

"Because it just is. We spent quite a bit of our time there."

"Yeah, it was a really comfortable bed so we stayed in it late a couple days is what she means." Harry explained. "We didn't want to get out of it."

"That too." She whispered in his ear.

But he made a noise and shoved a big chunk of bread in his mouth so as to tell Zayn that was enough. She snickered but immediately got the message.

"Is that all?" Yaser asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked with a mouth full of food.

"Is that all you did on vacation?"

"Uh--"

"Nope. We went to this awesome restaurant for breakfast the day after Christmas. The food was really good. If you and mum decide to take a trip there, you should go, daddy. They have the fluffiest eggs."

"Did you walk out in the snow?" Doniya asked.

"Yes and we froze our noses off too because somebody took all day taking a photo of us." She looked over at Harry with an accusing look that turned into a huge grin. "But then we went back to the cabin, he made an amazing dinner and we cuddled all night long. It was the best vacation ever."

"Aww." Safaa cooed. "I'm so jealous."

"There is no reason to be jealous, Safaa. I will let you date when you are eighteen. But it will not be just anybody. You know that he has to be a decent, hard working guy. We've talked about how mischievous and sneaky boys can be."

She huffed before eating more food.

Patricia then went on to explain to them how they had fun on Christmas too, even though they missed their daughter being there with them. Harry wasn't exactly sure of what else was said because he tuned out of the conversation half of the time. But he had to admit that it was nice to sit with her family again and listen to them talk. To see the side of them that was happy and satisfied at the fact that their daughter had found someone she really liked. To see Zayn here and not crying for the first time in a long time. If this was what it was like to have Zayn, then he wished she'd become a woman a long time ago. She was beautiful and funny and lovable and most of all, she was still the same old Zayn. It didn't get any better than that.

Cake was the best part of the day, though it came later in the evening. It wasn't too extravagant either. It was just a two layer, two tier round cake with purple and white fondant icing. There were silver pearl candies and little peach colored fondant flower decorations that were on each end of the "Happy 27th Birthday Veronica" phrase in the the middle and Harry fell in love with the smile on Zayn's face when she saw her mother bring it out as they sang her the Happy Birthday song. He was the one who'd ordered and paid for the cake and even though he didn't want to tell her it was him, it was nice to know he was the reason for her smile. He loved being the reason for it. He always wanted to be.

"We put all your gifts on your bed, Veronica." Patrica said as she started cutting the cake. "I thought it'd be nice to sit around and watch you open it as a family, but Wahliya suggested we let you open them alone if you wanted to."

"I do want to do that. Harry and I both could." She smiled and turned to Wahliya who was standing right next to her. "Thanks."

"Sure." She whispered. "But I only said that because of the type of gift I got you. It's kind of for you and Harry and I don't think anybody really needed to know what it was." She winked in her direction and Zayn's attention was taken away when her mother handed her the first slice of cake and a plastic fork.

"Go on and eat it. Tell us how it tastes."

She a forked a piece, being sure to get a little bit of icing but a lot of cake so she could actually taste it. After eating the whole bite, she lit up. "Whoa, this cake is amazing. And I love that it's strawberry. That's a nice touch."

"Exactly what we wanted to hear. And just to let you know, we won't be cutting into the top tier because that's for you to take home tomorrow. So don't forget it when you get ready to leave."

"Really? A whole cake just for me?"

"Of course, babe." Harry answered. "We're celebrating your birthday. And you deserve it." His wink made her smile sheepishly and the family couldn't help but awe at them.

After that, most of the family returned to the living room for more conversation again. But Zayn noticed that Safaa was at the kitchen table, twirling her fork between her fingers. She knew something was seriously bothering her little sister and she wanted to figure out what it was. So she went over and sat down in the chair next to her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"So why aren't you eating in there with the family?"

"Cause I just didn't want to. Is that a crime?"

"No it's not a crime. But I know you're lying to me and I'm afraid I won't simply except that answer. So tell me the truth. What's bothering you?"

She sighed. "I really don't want to ruin your birthday party."

"You'll ruin it if you don't. Just tell me."

She folded her arms and sat back in the chair. "I want to be able to date."

Zayn sat up. "You want to be able to what?"

"See, I knew you'd pretend you didn't hear me the first time. Everyone else in this house does."

"No, no. I wasn't pretending. I only did that because I was surprised. I didn't think that would be the reason you were so down. But at the same time, I know what it feels like."

"No you don't V. You were always satisfied with being single. You do realize that Harry is your first boyfriend right? Well, I'm sorry. I don't want to be single until I'm 26 like you."

Even though Zayn knew she'd had multiple partners when she was male, it still stung her a little because she knew Safaa didn't know that. "And I get that but I do know what it's like to want to be with someone and not want to be single. I wasn't as content as you think I was."

"How? You've always told us you don't need anyone."

"And I was right. All I needed was myself. But you know what? It doesn't hurt to have anyone either."

"If you understand that, then why can't I have someone I want? It's not fair. All the other girls and all my friends can date without their parents worrying about them. So why can't I do that?"

"Because it's daddy's rules and he doesn't want his girls to get hurt."

"But I won't get hurt and I haven't yet."

That last sentence took Zayn by surprise. "What do you mean you haven't yet? Safaa, do you have a boyfriend that our parents don't know about?"

But she didn't answer.

"You do don't you? Who is he and how long have you been seeing him?"

"Just a couple months."

"Two whole months?!" She whispered frantically.

"Shh! Yeah, but he's super sweet and he's a bit nerdy, yet he's also kind of cool and everybody knows him. Veronica, please don't tell them."

Zayn placed her hand on her chest. "Do you have any idea what you could be getting yourself into?"

"Yes. I thought about it before I agreed to be his girlfriend."

"You thought about it? You're barely seventeen which means you're young and naïve and you've only thought as far as the next minute. What's this boy's name?"

"His name is Kyle."

"Kyle... Hmm. And how old is this Kyle?"

"Eighteen. He graduates this year too."

Zayn sat back and thought for a moment. She was trying to process the information that her baby sister had just told her. How in the world was she going to explain to her what she was feeling without being too harsh or too lenient with her?

"Safaa."

"Yeah?"

"Before I tell you what I'm thinking, I want you to know that I haven't always been happy with that rule for you either. Sometimes I wish that Daddy would let you date too. But I also need you to know how dating can put you in serious situations."

Safaa groaned but Zayn wasn't having any of it.

"No, you're going to listen me today. I don't want to be the one to tell mum or daddy. But the only way that's going to happen is if you don't listen to me. So I suggest you lose the attitude right now."

"Fine."

Zayn scooted closer than before then looked around to make sure the two of them were alone. "Look. Don't tell anyone but... I lost my virginity to Harry when we were on vacation."

"What? Really? No way."

"Yeah, I did. But I'm not telling you that just to tell you that. I'm telling you that because it teaches a lesson. Safaa, you want to date but you're not even thinking long term because it's way too soon for you to be thinking about permanency. But if you're not thinking long term, that means you don't know what you want. And you want to know what not knowing what you want gets you every single time?"

"What?"

"Something you don't want." Zayn thought about all the partners Harry talked about him always wanting, but never needing. "Sometimes when you're so focused on something you want, you make bad decisions that you just can't reverse and it gets you in a lot of situations and binds that you can't get out of. Dating can be one of them. And I know you think that I don't know anything because I preferred being single but I know what it's like. I know what it's like to feel pressured and I just don't want that to happen to you. I don't want you to think Kyle is it or that's he's all you'll ever have because that's not true. You're beautiful and smart and when you get older, daddy's probably going to have to shoot some of the guys just to keep them away from you."

Safaa giggled a little.

"What I'm saying is... I want you to do what makes you happy but I want you to always remember your boundaries too. Don't go rushing things. And even though this is the very thing daddy is trying to protect you from, maybe you'll find out soon that dating kyle isn't what you thought it would be. But I promise you that if you listen to everything I'm telling you, you'll find that regardless of if it turns out to be him or not, you're going to find someone really special who's always there for you when you need him. And just like me with Harry, when you finally share that special moment of intimacy with him, it's going to be so magical and so... so perfect and you'll realize it was worth the wait. And you won't ever regret that things didn't go the way you thought they should go because you'll know that is the way things should be. Because you'll feel it right in your heart. Exactly where you're supposed to feel it."

Safaa swallowed hard. "Is that where you feel something for Harry? In your heart?"

"Yep. I can't quite explain it just yet. But it's definitely there."

"Does he know?"

"There's nothing to know. I mean I don't even know what it is to be honest. But I am positive that it's a special feeling that has never been there for him before. And maybe in time I'll know exactly what is."

Safaa smiled but it faded as quickly as it appeared. So Zayn made her lean on her while she carded her fingers through her hair. "It's alright. Just be patient and I know you'll make the right decisions. You're a good girl."

"What is going on in here?" They heard Patrica ask but nobody moved.

"Nothing. Safaa and I decided we wanted to have some girl time away from everybody. So we stayed in here."

"Oh, that's nice." She tossed her paper plate and utensil in the trash. "But we were missing you two in the living room. Wahliya and Doniya were wondering where you disappeared to because they're leaving in a few minutes so that they don't get back home too late. So you'd better come tell them goodbye while you can."

"Alright. We'll be there in a minute, mum. Promise."

When she left, Safaa sat up with a little laugh. "You know that was totally far from the truth."

"Yes. I know. I'm basically telling you it's okay to lie. I'm such a horrible role model. But I'm also letting you know now that if they find out about what you're doing one of these days, I didn't know a damn thing about it. Got it?"

"Got it."

"And both of our secrets are safe with each other, right?"

"Right."

"Good. So wipe your eyes and let's go with the rest of the family before mum comes looking for us again. I'd hate for her to start prying. You know how she can be."

"Yeah. I do." They grabbed their plates and got ready to go to the living room but Safaa grabbed her sister's attention one more time.

"Um, Veronica, before we go."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for the talk. I really needed that."

She bent forward and kissed her forehead, then tapped her chin softly. "Always."

*

*

*

"There you are. I was wondering what was taking you so long. What are you doing?" Harry was standing in the kitchen entrance, watching Zayn fork something purple from a paper plate. "Cake? Really? You said you were going to be right back and you're down here eating cake."

She smiled. "I'm sorry. I came for a glass of water, which I did get." She said, pointing to a condensing glass next to her. "But then the cake was in there and I decided to cut just a small piece from the one I take home tomorrow. Besides it's my birthday cake anyway. And you said it yourself. I deserve it."

He walked all the way in and stood beside her. "I did say that, didn't I?"

"Mhm. And speaking of cake, why didn't you tell me you ordered and paid for this?"

"Why should I have?"

"Because that's sweet of you to do and it's something I'd want to know." She ate the last bite.

"Well I didn't particularly want to gloat about that. So who even told you?"

"Mum of course. You know she doesn't keep secrets."

"Yeah. I should've known better than to tell her. I should've just told your father."

She smiled when he leaned on the counter with a defeated look. "So why did you follow me down here? Just to see where I was?"

He tapped his nails against the surface of the counter, ignoring the way she traced part of the plate and sucked the icing off her finger. "Uh no. I um... I opened it anyway."

"Why?" She fussed. "Wahliya said that was for both of us. That's why I saved it for last. So we could open it together."

"Sorry. You were taking way too long and I couldn't wait anymore. I was too curious. You honestly won't believe what it was."

She tossed the plate and fork in the trash, then went to the sink to wash her hands. "Alright fine. What was it?"

He tiptoed over to her and whispered in her ear. "Gel."

"Gel? What kind of gel?"

"Gel." He repeated.

"Yeah, but for what?"

"It's like... couples stuff. For when they... you know."

"Wait. You mean as in..."

"Yeah. That kind of gel."

Her jaw dropped. "Oh my gosh. I am so going to kill her." She whispered.

"Relax." He whispered back. "Just imagine how embarrassing it would be if we hadn't have already slept together."

"Imagine?" She turned the water off. "It's still embarrassing. And where'd she get the idea that we'd be needing that anyhow?"

Harry shrugged and buried his face in her neck, then mumbled a reply into her skin. "I don't know. Cause I doubt we need any help. You were pretty fucking wet that night."

"Alright. Stop."

"You stop. We're grownups and we are allowed to talk about that."

"But we're still in my parents house and it's weird hearing you say that in their kitchen."

But he just growled before slapping her ass hard and giving it a tight squeeze. He started to say something else about that night, when there was the sound of someone clearing their throat behind them. They turned around to see Yaser there looking somewhat confused.

"I didn't know you were down here." They were silent. "I heard talking and then the water was running, so I came out to see who it was."

"Oh... yep it was us, daddy."

His eyes darted back and forth between Harry and her. "Late night snacking, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah. I came down for more cake and something to drink. Sorry we disturbed you."

"Ah, don't worry about it. I was already up."

"Are you sure?"

He perked up abnormally and began to turn away while waving up one of his hands at them. "Yeah, sweetheart. It's fine. I'm going on back to bed now. See you kids in the morning."

"Love you, daddy."

"Love you too."

A few seconds after he disappeared, she turned to Harry again. "You're as red as a tomato. You were totally embarrassed and you didn't say a word."

"Well duh, it's just awkward. Your father was pretending not to see what happened, but he definitely saw it. And he seemed way to cool and passive about it."

"So?"

"So I wonder what he was really thinking when he saw me touching you like that."

She put her hands up around his neck in an attempt to calm him. "There is nothing to think. We're together and he knows that, so he expects you to touch me. Remember, I am the one who gave you permission to touch me however you wanted to. There is no need to be scared or embarrassed by the fact that you want to show me your affection. Because I love it. And he can't stop me from loving it."

"Of course he can't. Until he kills me."

"But we both know he won't do that. He loves you. And so does mum. They both do. And you should stop being scared all the time. If he really didn't want you touching me at all, he'd have choked you when you were groping me just then. But he didn't, which is a good indication that you have nothing to worry about. Trust me. It's alright."

He sighed unsurely and she let her arms drop. She took his hand in hers and began to lead him out of the kitchen. "Come on sad little monkey. Let's go upstairs and I'll braid your hair or something."

"In two french braids like last time?"

"If that's what you want."

He laughed quietly. "Do you think male Zayn would willingly braid my hair if he had the opportunity?"

"I don't know. Probably not. But I admit there was one time when I looked at your hair and wondered how difficult it must be for someone to push their fingers through those curls. The girls who were able to test it were pretty lucky."

"Is that how you felt then?" He found himself asking rather quietly as they went into the room. "That they were lucky enough to get to touch me like that?"

She hesitated before saying her next words then closed the door. "Not necessarily. No. But I did admire your curls. There was something about them that I did like."

"You know, you could have tested it out for yourself any time you wanted to. I wouldn't have minded."

She sat in an open area of the bed where there weren't any open gifts sprawled out and smiled crookedly. "I know that but there is no sense in looking back now. I get to be the lucky one now."

He leaned down in front of her and gently touched her cheek with his thumb. "Nah, that would be me. I got the most beautiful girl around. But you? Oh boy... you got stuck with a six foot weirdo who has guitar strings for hair. You're very unlucky."

"Well if this is what being unlucky feels like, then I like being unlucky. I want to be stuck for a very long time."

He smiled the most adorable smile in her direction then linked their pinkies together like a five year old. "Me too and I plan on making sure that happens. Happy super duper belated birthday, Zayn." He mumbled.

She nodded and yanked him forward but not unlinking their pinkies at all. Those golden eyes looked up at him and she grinned at him in return. "Thanks baby." She managed to get out before he took her breath with a kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403 62 8
Kidnapping happens...lmao Story descriptions are just soooo haaaard! It's a Zarry AU. I hope you enjoy. All fiction. โ€ข Zarry AU โ€ข College/ Univer...
42.9K 2.5K 28
ZARRY AU COMPLETED Zayn: 21 years old Harry: 19 years old Starting university, Harry is faced with a lot of new things. New city. New friends, n...
16.8K 1.4K 20
Zayn has an encounter with a car and wakes up married to his high school rival. *** Senior year of high school, Zayn Malik was voted "Most Likely to...
85.2K 6.5K 39
Harry, age 25, learns love when he meets Zayn, age 39, while working for a grocer. 25 year old Harry Styles works for Greenwell Grocery as a delive...