Water Wings-Lapidot

By umm-breon

Peridot has had a shitty life. Rarely has anything went her way. When she's forced to transfer to a new schoo... More

Chapter One
I am so sorry

Chapter Two

249 16 30
By umm-breon

"Y-yeah I'm new." Peridot said in a quieter voice than intended.

"Ah, then you wouldn't know the rules around here." She smirked, lifting up a struggling Peridot from under her arms.

"Hey! Let go of me!" Yelled Peridot, wriggling in the buff teenager's grasp.

"You look like a green bean." She observed.

"Leave her alone, Jasper!"

Both froze and turned their heads. Lazuli had just come out of the bathroom, flannel not even buttoned. She must have been in a hurry to get out there.

"Oh! Lapis." Jasper said, her smile so fake it might have been plastic. "How are you?"

Jasper's yellow eyes wandered to Lazuli's chest, the unbuttoned flannel exposing her tank top that also happened to expose skin.

Lazuli made a noise of disgust and quickly buttoned the flannel.

"I said, leave her alone."

Jasper grimaced and turned her attention back to Peridot.

"Listen, runt, you stay away from Lapis." She snarled lowly, before dropping Peridot back on the ground.

Peridot dropped to her feet and stumbled, nearly falling over before Lazuli caught her.

Peridot felt her heart beating faster than usual and rage was bubbling in her stomach, and she had a feeling it wasn't because Jasper had almost crushed her.

After deeming it safe, she flipped off Jasper's back as she walked down the hallway.

"What a clod." She grumbled, crossing her arms.

"No kidding. But we ought to get back to class."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peridot looked down at her schedule. Technology. Peridot had always been good with technology, maybe this class wouldn't urn out too bad.

She was very wrong.

"Class, this is Peridot. She's new. Anything you wanna say?"

Peridot's eyes swept across the classroom, no one here was familiar. At least that meant Jasper wouldn't be in this class.

"Hello." Peridot said, waving her hand at the class. She stood still after, she didn't have anything to say, and the class started at the socially awkward asshole who they had yet to see the asshole side of.

"Um... alright then. Why don't you sit by Pearl?" Said the teacher, pointing at an empty desk next to a teen with hair that could arguably be either pink or orange.

Peridot shuffled over to the desk, plopping down her binder for the class and sitting.

She quickly discovered why the seat next to Pearl was empty.

"Hi, I'm Pearl." She said with a smile, offering her hand.

"I know." Mumbled Peridot, pulling out her notebook.

Pearl frowned, rejected, and dropped her hand.

"So, why'd you take this class?" She asked, trying to start conversation.

"I'm good at it. Better than you, probably." Peridot said, just for the sake of being rude.

Pearl scoffed.

"Well, excuse me for trying to start conversation."

"We're not supposed to be having conversations, we're supposed to be paying attention." Peridot retorted.

"Ha, well, luckily for me, I don't have to! I did today's homework yesterday. You wouldn't have to either if you really were better than me." Said Pearl snidely.

"Wow, you sound like that boring loser that no one want's to be friends with." Peridot returned, deciding to ignore Pearl's last comment.

Pearl opened her mouth to respond before the teacher cut her off.

"Pearl! Peridot! One more disruption and you are both out!"

Pearl's jaw dropped for a second before crossing her arms and leaning back in her desk angrily. Clearly, she wasn't used to being scolded by the teacher.

"Teacher's pet." Peridot whispered.

Pearl lost her temper

"Oh you little-!"

"Pearl and Peridot! Leave my classroom!" The teacher screamed, standing and pointing to the door.

The girls stared at him, wide eyed, Pearl aghast.

Peridot stood, mumbling to herself as she shuffled out of the room, leaving Pearl to look at the teacher, her eyes saying "you can't be serious".

After finally realized he was very serious, she let out a noise of frustration and quickly walked out of the room.

"Look what you did!" Pearl yelled as soon as the door was closed.

"Me? You started talking to me! Did I look like the kind of person you wanna talk to?"

"Oh, excuse me for not reading your mind and knowing you wanted to be left alone!"

"Well you act as if you're smart enough to know!" Peridot cried, throwing her hands in the air angrily.

Pearl crossed her arms and turned away her head, leaning on the lockers.

"Whatever." She said, suddenly defeated.

Peridot stared for a second before huffing and leaving back on the lockers as well.

"I have friends, you know." Pearl said suddenly.

"Oh yeah? Name them."

"Amethyst, Garnet, Steven, Lapis-"

Peridot chocked on her spit in surprise as began coughing violently.

"Lapis? Lapis Lazuli?" She said after the regained her composure.

"Yes."

"So you," Peridot pointed to Pearl "are friends with her? You get along? She likes you?"

"That's what friends are. Why, have you met her already?"

"Yes!" Peridot yelled a little too loud. She cleared her throat.

"Yes, we have met, and I'd even go as far as to say that we are friends."

Pearl scoffed.

"Oh really? I didn't think Lapis would like someone as self absorbed as you."

"How hypocritical! You were just talking about how you're too smart for class, you clod!" Peridot said, one hand on her hip and the other pointing at Pearl accusingly.

Pearl huffed and leaned back against the locker, arms crossed.

A few minutes later a student came out to bring them back into the classroom, and they reluctantly shuffled in.  Both of them agreeing silently not to speak to each other (Peridot hoped this would last forever), they took notes angrily.

The bell finally rang, and Peridot was glad to be done with that clod for the day.

Unfortunately, she was going to have to deal with her a lot more than she thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lunch room was riddled with students, screaming and laughing. To the right was the token Cool Kids Table, and on the other side of the cafeteria was the Uncool Kids Table. Peridot, remembering the kind of person she was, made her way to the Loser Table.

"Hey! Peridot! Over here!"

Peridot stopped, a few students nudging her as they walked past, Lazuli was standing at her table and waving.

Despite her resting bitch face that she preferred to keep (it warded off other people), Peridot felt her lips stretch into a smile and she gladly made her way over.

Lazuli tapped at the seat next to her and Peridot assumed that meant "sit here". And, of course, she did. She looked up to scan the faces of those sitting with her. Amethyst was on the other side of Lazuli, making some sort of disgusting mess on her tray. Across from her was a rather tall student, her black afro making her appear even taller. Despite the school's rule of no sunglasses indoors, she seemed to get away with it anyway as no one was telling her to take hers off. She, like Jasper, looked like she could crush a watermelon with her thighs. That always intimidated Peridot for some reason.

"You've met Amethyst-"

"Hey." Amethyst interjected.

"-And this is Garnet. Peridot, Garnet. Garnet, Peridot." Lazuli said, motioning to Garnet.

"Howdy." Garnet said, waving calmly.

"Erm... hello..." Peridot waved awkwardly.

A tray clattered on the other side of the table, followed by the others at the table greeting whoever had sat there.

"Oh! And this is Pearl."

Peridot choked on her sandwich.

"You!" She cried, standing and pointing an accusative finger at the teen.

"What?! Why are you here?!? Who invited her!?!" Pearl demanded.

"Uhh... that would be me?" Lazuli said, raising her hand slowly.

"Of course! I should have known! Why are you even friends with her anyway?" Pearl asked angrily, as if Peridot wasn't even there.

"Hey! I'm not that bad, you know!"Peridot protested.

"We're friends because we like each other, Pearl." Lazuli responded, hands on her hips. Pearl scoffed.

Peridot's stomach fluttered, the wording made it sound too much like Lazuli had been referring to crushes for Peridot's liking. Peridot really did not want a crush on top of everything else in her life.

"Why do you two hate each other so much?"

"Because," Peridot began, "she's an annoying know-it-all who says mean things about me!"

"Well she's rude and self absorbed!"

"So are you!"

"Hey hey hey!" Lazuli interrupted, pulling down now standing Peridot by her shoulder.

"There's nothing wrong with liking yourself. What's wrong is saying that you're better than people. Peridot comes off as kinda rude and Pearl comes off as kind of a know-it-all but that's okay and you're just gonna have to get used to it. Bottom line is don't be a dick. The end." Lazuli said calmly, folding her arms across her chest when she finished.

Peridot huffed. "Fine."

"Pearl?"

Pearl hesitated, staring daggers at Peridot before finally nodding.

"Good."

"Anyway," Amethyst said, brushing off the previous conversation, "who likes my gunk mountain?!?!"

She motioned at her tray, which was covered in meat, peaches, chocolate milk, corn, and other mixed in unidentifiable goop.

"Amethyst, that's disgusting!" Pearl yelled, Amethyst responding in laughter. She scooped up some gunk and waved in in Pearl's face, who screeched.

"Amethyst, oh my god! Ewwww what even is that?" Lazuli said, laughing and poking at the mountain with a fork.

"Ew." Peridot said, shrinking away when it jiggled like jello.

Lazuli laughed and too took some on her fork, the liquid dripping through the fork tines and waved it in Peridot's face.

"Oh my stars ew ew ew ew gET THAT AWAY FROM ME." Peridot yelled, moving further back on the chair as the fork slowly got closer to her face.

Lazuli laughed, finally taking back the fork and holding it over her tray.

"Dare me to eat it?"

"No! You'll get sick!" Peridot shrieked.

"Haha, you worry too much! I'll be fine." And with that, she put the fork in her mouth.

Peridot nearly threw up just at the thought of it.

"Lapis!!"

"Oh girl, you're crazy!"

"Gross."

Lazuli gagged, forcing herself to swallow and giving a winning smile when she managed to get it down.

How the hell was she still so hot when she was gagging on unidentifiable gunk?

Peridot felt her face heat up just at the thought. Suddenly, she felt sick, and she has a feeling that it wasn't just Amethyst's gunk mountain.

'I-I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.2K 3.4K 34
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
174K 6.3K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
381K 18.3K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
333K 12.3K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...