Cardboard Cities

By TheFandomGodesses

P had always loved Ogram from afar. Ogram however, didn't really care. To let him down easily she takes him o... More

P

Ogram

10 2 0
By TheFandomGodesses

He was staring again.
He acted like I couldn't see him. He wasn't even discreet. I'd been telling myself it was just a phase for months now, but I was starting to doubt that. Maybe he was looking at my walls? I glanced at my 10 Minutes Of Autumn and 6 Ways To Go posters and sighed, maybe not.
We'd been next door neighbours for as long as I could remember, and he'd been staring for about half that time. Some days I considered walking around naked, really giving him something to stare at.  Again, maybe not.
A lot of the time I wondered why I had been picked as the unfortunate person he had to develop a crush on, I mean my hair is always greasy, my spots are forever on show and the glasses I wear make me look like Harry Potters fucked up sister.
He was as bad though, always looked like he needed a haircut and wore clothes that my 7 year old brother could pull off better! It was incredibly obvious we were more like siblings, yet he continued to have this false hope that we did.
I left my desk and wandered over to my bed where my phone was charging and unlocked it. 367 group chat messages. I started scrolling, most of them were discussions about the weirdos at school. Not the most fascinating conversation, but I was so bored anything would do. TV! The idea came to me in a vision. I turned it on to see Soft In Soul on, my favourite show. I settled down and watched so many episodes I lost count.
The next thing I knew my phone was bleeping in my ear with a text from P.
"Hey, how's it going? ;)x"
I groaned. Really? I got up and crossed my carpet to my window and glared at him. Had he really sat there the entire time? I stuck my middle finger up at him and decided to get on with homework.
I sat there, head bent down, trying to focus for nearly half an hour but I couldn't concentrate, knowing he was watching me, so I closed my blinds. I could still feel him watching me so I picked up my phone and texted back.
"Haven't you anything better to do?"
I got a reply almost instantly.
"Oh I am busy. I just thought I'd say hi.."
I rolled my eyes and took all of my things into a corner where I sat and worked for the next hour. When I finally gave up, I threw all of my things back on my desk and stared. He was watching. I hated the fact that he just kept staring even though he knew I could see him, pretending it was normal. How did he not realise it was creepy? How didn't his parents notice?!
I turned to look at my clock, it was nearly 11. I closed my blinds and pulled on my pajamas. I grabbed my phone and sent P another text.
"You can go to sleep now, please."
Another instant reply.
"Goodnight, sweet dreams :)x"
Does this guy ever stop trying?
He honestly felt like my brother, it's weird, constantly having him watch me and try to flirt every now and then. My mind wandered a little to our childhood, memories flooding back. How could it end like this? Ugh. I flicked back through our previous conversation...
"Wanna come round?"
"Busy. Homework."
"Need help with the maths?
"Bearing in mind I'm an A* student, NO."
I chuckled at all his attempts to be around me but then I felt bad, maybe I should be a bit nicer? Let him know we're friends. I had an idea. It was perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 44.4K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
148K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 34.1K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC