Hiding Behind The Music - Lil...

By JordieXx

Lilly's life isn't perfect and as a result of her past, she keeps to a distance, her only connections her bes... More

Hiding Behind The Music - Prologue
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 1 [Anger Is The Brand New Thing]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 2 [Born For This]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 3 [Name]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 4 [Better Alone]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 5 [All That I M Living For]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 6 [Let This Go]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 7 [Statistics]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 8 [For All These Times Kid, For All These Times]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 9 [Misguided Ghosts]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 10 [Learn You Inside Out]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 11 [Someone To Save You]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 12 [Friends And Lovers]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 13 [What About Now]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 14 [Real Thing]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 15 [You Found Me]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 16 [There For You]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 17 [Falling In]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 19 [I Wanna]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 20 [Somewhere In Between]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 21 [All Around Me]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 22 [The Kill]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 23 [Turn It Off]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 24 [Treasure]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 25 [Little Wonders]
Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 26 [Yellow]
Hiding Behind The Music - Epilogue

Hiding Behind The Music - Chp 18 [The Fake Sound of Progress]

13.4K 277 22
By JordieXx

"Somebody told me that I always have to bow/If that was true I would have fallen apart by now/The more you think the less you act that way/So canyou hear this, the fake sound of progress" - Lostprophets - The Fake Sound of Progress

We pulled up in my driveway. Slipping off the bike and almost collapsing again from the jelly legs, instantly Hayden’s arms snagged out and around my waist pulling me in. reaching up I pulled his helmet off and sat it on the bike. He slid mine off and held my gaze before he leant in and kissed my lips softly, lovingly.

“What’s the plan?” I whispered against his lips.

He pulled a strand of my hair behind me ear and tugged on it “Wait for Kate.” He murmured.

I smiled and took his hand as we practically ran up the front to door laughing. Opening the door I spun around and he leant in kissed me; I moved back pulling him along knocking into the furniture making me giggle, not that we cared as we were caught up in the hot firing kiss.

That was until a voice cleared, I lifted my head to see Sonny and also mum sitting on the lounge. I had forgotten about Sonny being here. I laughed weakly, blushing crimson as I stared anywhere but at them. Hayden chuckled low again wrapping his arms around my waist holding me close as he ran the back of his fingers down the side of my face. I couldn’t help but beamed up at him.

We stepped further into the white room, Hayden’s arm still wrapped around my waist. Seeing mum it all came back “Oh mum, I've got to tell you some things.”

She raised her eye brows looking pointedly at Hayden’s arm wrapped around me “I can tell.” She teased smiling back.

“It’s Hugo.” I began. She nodded. “He bought Sonny over here so I’d go back to Australia for telling her the truth. He wanted to either to split Sonny and I up so that’d I’d either leave or get into a fight with you.” I explained. “He locked me in the car park so I couldn’t tell you; I tried contacting you so many times.”

She blinked stunned “How’d he get you in the car park?” she asked bewildered.

“He grabbed me around the face and pushed me in.” I said shrugging. She tensed, freezing. “Uh-oh.” I said rushing to stand by her side. I sat down beside her squeezing her hand “It’s okay, I'm okay. Hayden got me.” I blushed the slightest at that; he really did get me.

She blinked in anger her fists clenching as her structure turned rigid “Where is he?!” she demanded trying to get up.

I grabbed her pulling her back down soothingly “Not yet, we’ve got to figure out how he got Sonny first.” All eyes turned to Sonny who sat confused on the couch beside mum. “How did you here?” I asked bewildered.

She blinked “I was sent a request for my second au pairing interviews over here with an actual family which was here; at the airport I met Hugo instead of who was meant to come and pick me up. Hugo didn’t say much just kept talking about you…and next thing I knew I was at Hayden’s.” she explained giving him a glance before looking back at me.

My eyes grew “Really? How did your first interviews go?” I asked excited.

She blinked before smiling just as happy “Oh great, real goo-“

“Girls!” Mum demanded scolding me and funnily enough I enjoyed being scolded for the first time from my actual mother.

I looked over at her biting my bottom lip “My bad.” I muttered.

“So what now?” I asked.

“I’ve got a plan.” Mum said smiling like the cherished cat.

“I didn’t think you’d want to see me since our last meeting.” Hugo said across from me.

It was dark, extremely dark, his office wasn’t lit. Not that it felt lived in, it was all clean with no evidence that any one even worked or lived in the room, everything either silver metal, black white or glass. It was obvious his money was doing him well if his all glass office and view was any evidence. The light outside was all that lit his office seeing sine I got here before Hugo. I was the one that called him from his office at nine at night asking to see him. All capable from the key cards and keys mum had left me. So here I was standing in Hugo’s office with a plan and finally he had arrived.

“What, when you grabbed me and pushed me into the parking lot garage, locking me out?” I asked easily, playing.

He smirked “Yes, that meeting.”

I smiled innocently “I just want answers, like I said over the phone. Just answers.”

He chuckled “Lilly, Lilly, Lilly.” He tsked in a sing song voice. “I want you out.” He said if anything friendly, casually.

“I gathered.” I said my voice sounding bored, not caring. “But first, why?” I asked.

He smiled like the cherished cat “So I don’t lose my biggest star, so I don’t get fired, so I don’t go broke.” He said.

I nodded “For yourself.” I clarified.

He nodded smiling enthusiastically “Exactly.”

I nodded slowly, calculating “So why bring Sonny into it?” I asked.

He chuckled “It was a beautiful miracle that she had that interview, I have my people. Once I found out I waited for her at the airport. I figured that if Sonny saw the little secrets you were hiding you’d fly back either trying to rekindle the stupid friendship or you and Kate would end since you can’t tell the world you are after all Kate’s precious daughter.” He spat. “I was hoping you’d go back down under and stay down under.”

I nodded swallowing hard “So you want me gone?” I asked softly.

He nodded walking towards me slowly “How are you going to get me to cooperate?” I asked trying to sound confident though my voice wavered at the end.

He laughed “Lilly you don’t have to I'll make you. You will go even if it means putting a bullet through your head.”

I inhaled sharply and this time didn’t exhale. He took out his gun, I couldn’t see much due to the darkness though I could hear of the safety latch; I drew cold and shivered as I took a step back my eyes never leaving the gun.

“Now Miss Lilly.” He sang “Don’t make me pull this trigger.” He said smirking.

Without another thought as I saw his finger move to the trigger I dove to the side at the flash of movement and an echoed shot blocked all hearing leaving a deafening buzz rattling within my eardrums. I knew someone had hit the ground as the floor vibrated underneath me and the knocking of furniture with loud crashes.

“Lilly!” some said anxiously in my ear as I sat crouched against the wall dazed and my heart racing uncontrollably. Without another word I flung my arms around their neck burying my face into their neck, their scent instantly soothing me. “Oh thank god your okay.” Hayden murmured anxiously into my neck kissing little feather light kisses along there.

“I'm okay.” I sobbed weakly.

Looking up and over his shoulder I could see Eric sitting on Hugo, mum stood talking to Eric while every now and then looking at Hugo; he was out cold. Sonny stood crouched behind the desk where she hid, the tape recorder in one hand the gun in the other, her eyes wary as she held it at arm’s length with only two fingers. She looked at it as if it was a bomb. Our plan had gone fine, we got here before Hugo to plant the recorder and themselves, I just had to get the right words out of him, and apparently actions. Hugo had been busted.

I pushed back and looked up at Hayden, my surroundings forgotten. I sat my trembling cold hands against his cheek “Thank you.” I whispered.

He leant in, his forehead against mine our nose touching “I love you Lilly.”

________________________________________________________________

Firstly, Lostprophets one of my fav. bands! :)

Secondly, sorry it's short but it was meant to be this length. It wouldn't flow if I made it longer.

Thirdly, this story is far from over lovely fans/readers so do NOT stress.

Fourthly, my voting goal is at 50-55 and LOADS of comments! :)

Don't forget guys if you want to create covers/banners for me send them through to me and they'll be on display on my Facebook page :)

You guys know my drill; vote/comment/fan/recommend/add to library/Tell your friends-fans/facey/tweet/read my others stories etc etc.

My Facebook page? >>>Click on the external link<<< Has over 14 photo albums of all my stories with descriptions and covers and much more, check it out and like me; http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=118944971524183#!/media/albums/?id=111714198913927

LOVE YOU!

LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH

JordieXx

-----------------------------------

All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©

-----------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
634 23 55
***** Lily has always been a clumsy unlucky person all her life tripping over chords bumping into walls where a normal occurrence for her in her veri...
6.1K 413 37
I don't recommend reading this if you want a well written story! It's in dire need of some serious editing! Can you really leave your past behind yo...
18 0 15
Lily Jones is a 17 year old girl. She's had a tragic experience in life and is later on forced to move to a different school. She is smart and always...