Play For You (GirlxGirl)

Par ImThatSamGirl

Riley's past isn't something most kids go through. Bad things happened, but when she got older, her dad decid... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
A/N
Alternate Ending

Chapter Seventeen

73.2K 2.2K 784
Par ImThatSamGirl

Riley's POV

Today was Tuesday, it's been two days since Brooke and I hung out. We haven't really talked much since then. Both of us were super busy with soccer and classes. We texted often, but most conversations were meaningless.

The team and I are warming up for our game today. It's against my school's rivals, the Hawks. That's a pretty basic mascot if I do say so myself. We were doing our regular stretches, high knees, sprints, opening and closes the gates, it stretches your inner thigh muscles, and we stretched out our ankles.

Brooke was in the goal, and coach was throwing soccer balls at her, mostly for diving. About 8 minutes later coach Steven called us all over to the side line, letting us know we had about 10 minutes until the game started.

I walked up to Brooke, "Hey, you ready to kick some ass?" I spoke excitedly.

She giggled, "I'm ready to block some balls." We both laughed.

The other team started jogging around the field towards us, someone caught my eye. When they all started getting closer, my heart dropped. It was her. She had to play for this team.

"Riley? What's wrong."

"She's here."

"Who? Who's here?" I could answer, because the devil himself, or rather herself, stopped, and noticed me.

"Riley?!"

"Mia."

"I didn't know you came to this school, I knew you moved, but I didn't expect to see you here." There was tone in her voice.

"I didn't expect to see you here either." Please just jog away now.

"And who's this?" She was referring to Brooke who was still standing next to me.

"I'm Brooke." She held out her hand. Don't do that, unless you want to lose a finger.

Mia didn't take her hand, "This your new girlfriend?" Oh boy, here we go.

"No-."

"Why does it matter?" Brooke, don't start this.

Mia scoffed, "Well, I am her ex, I guess it really doesn't matter, but if I were you I'd watch out, Riley is, something else." Her eyes met mine, and I thought I was going to die right here, her stare itself, ripped my heart apart.

Brooke rolled her eyes, and in response Mia leaned towards her, I was unable to hear what Mia was saying, but I knew it wasn't good. Brooke's posture changed a bit, as if she was uncomfortable. What are you saying to her Mia.

Mia stood back up straight, and her coached yelled at her, she turned around and jogged off, not even saying a goodbye. Her pale skin and crow black hair, getting more distant by the second, memories flashing back into my mind.

"Uh, I'm gonna, uh, go talk to coach." Something was really wrong.

"Brooke, what did she say to you." I sternly said.

"Nothing, I'll talk to you later." I turned back to where Mia had just ran off to a second ago, and found her staring back, I could barely see her face, but I saw the smirk on her face, a smirk I would not forget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all into position, me being right forward, I was just outside the circle. The Hawks had the ball first. With my luck so far, it got even better, the devil was standing in front of me.

"What's up cutie? You ready to lose? Cute girlfriend by the way, it would be too bad if she caught a ball with that pretty face of hers." I rolled my eyes.

"You really should stop with the empty threats, it's bad for your health." She let out a humorless laugh.

"You should watch out yourself, my teammates here have my back, they do what I tell them to do." In that moment, I swear her eyes were as black as the night, she was truly evil.

The whistle blew and we went our separate ways.

20 minutes passed, and it was an empty scoreboard so far. Mia currently had the ball, and was sprinting down the field. She wasn't going to score that easy. She was only a could feet from me when she passed the goal line, Mia was getting close.

I caught up to her, and swiped her, she lost control of the ball, allowing it to go to the left, I was able to kick it back up the field, my legs were begging me to stop, but I wasn't going to until this ball was in the back of their net. I was able to dribble around all of the girls that came at me, not being able to even touch me.

I wanted to know if Mia was sprinting behind me, but I had no time to turn my head. I finally passed the last defender, having just me and the goalie. I could hear screams in the distance, but I was too focused. Footsteps were behind me, Mia was close, really close. I turned my body slightly, pushing my foot through the ball, giving it air.

A foot was put out in front of me as I took a shot, luckily, the ball only skimmed her foot, and still went flying to the goal. The goalie was on the right side of the goal, while the ball was going to the left side, she had no chance.

The foot was still present in front of me, I had no time to stop running, and my foot got caught under hers. I flew forward, sliding onto my stomach, I wasn't going fast enough to inflict damage, and I honestly wasn't surprised Mia tried to trip me, I was expecting something like that.

The screams got louder as the ball hit the net. It was a goal. Coach was screaming my name as I got up and jogged back to our side of the field. I took this time to glance back at Mia, giving her a devious smirk. Darkness covered her face, she was going to get back at me for that goal.

She was unable to get revenge as half time rolled around, our scoreboard buzzing, letting us all know.

We all jogged off the field, and I received a few pats on the back. Brooke jogged up to me.

"Nice shot Anderson." Anderson? She hasn't called me that since we first met. All I could do was mumble a thank you.

Second half came quickly, we switched sides, and the game was back on. Seconds turned into minutes, and ten minutes passed.

It was a Deja-vu moment, Mia was sprinting down the field again, but this time, I knew I wouldn't be able to catch up with her, but I would still try.

Suddenly, she passed all of our defenders, it was just her and Brooke, but she didn't take a shot, she kept running. She was running straight towards Brooke. Right when Brooke slid to get the ball, Mia shot the ball, the ball touched her fingertips, but went over her, going into the goal.

Mia fell over Brooke, hitting Brooke into the stomach with her feet. I didn't think, I just ran. Brooke was on her hands and knees trying to catch her breath. When I got to her, I fell to my knees.

"Brooke are you okay?"

"Yes. H-hold on. L-let me- ca, catch my breathe." She slowly got back to her feet, putting her hands above her head. Brooke slowly walked back to the goal, getting the ball out of the net.

I was pissed. There was no real definition for how mad I really was. I wanted to beat Mia, in any way possible.

The ball was moved around a lot. Brooke had blocked the rest of the balls that came at her, but sadly so did the other goalie. There was 20 minutes left of the game.

Brooke had the ball in her hand, she drop kicked it. It was headed straight for me, I jumped up to head it, something a lot harder hit my head. I dropped to the ground, everything was blurry around me.

I looked around, the ref walked up to the girl that hit me, she threw up a yellow card, the girl turned to me and gave me a similar smirk, just like Mia's. That was the plan.

My head was pounding, the light stung my eyes. People started crowding around me, sounds were muffled. People were pushed back, giving me room while our school medic checked over me. Brooke came into my eye sight, kneeling by me, I could tell she was saying my name, but it was so hard to understand everyone.

The medic had a wet rag, and rubbed it over my right temple, pain shot through my head, I was bleeding.

The blurriness was starting to fade, and I was starting to hear voices better, but my head still felt like someone was slamming a hammer to my head.

Brooke placed her hand on my cheek, worry was written all over her face.

"Riley... Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes for a second, "Oh I'm peachy, I've got a small headache though." We both started laughing.

The medic piped in, "Riley, you've got a concussion, you need to sit out for the rest of the game." That's not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to kick Mia's ass.

They slowly helped me up, and I was a little dizzy, I put my arm around both of their necks as they helped me to the sideline. I sat down on the cold bench with the rest of my teammates that were sitting out. This sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the game was horrific. The Hawks scored,  3 more times. It was a terrible defeat. I threw all of my things into my bag, my headache went away. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, I wanted to go home.

As I was walking to my car with my keys in my hand, someone ran up and took my keys out of my hand, running to their own car.

"You're not driving! I'll take you home!" They screamed over their shoulder.

It was the one person that made my heart speed up, turn a bad day good, and the one who was stealing my heart from me. The one that confuses the fuck out of me, yet makes everything so clear.

Brooke.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

88.6K 2.1K 10
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
250K 6K 51
Rose is a college student hoping for a scholarship to play woman's football in America so she can reunite with her father. However, Rose falls for a...
4.7K 60 46
Harper and Riley have known each other their whole lives, but for some reason they were never friends. Every moment and memory, the other was always...
91.2K 2.9K 25
Riley's secret is finally revealed; An uncanny string of events leave the blonde and raven haired lovers to question their paths, goals and eachother...