Retro-cognition

By MajaDiana

[Paranormal / Action / Romance] Unique is the daughter of Retro-the God of Time. As a Goddess coming of age... More

Copyright
Chapter 1 - Fallen
Chapter 3 - The Other Side of Sion
Chapter 4 - Angels
Chapter 5 - Awkward Tension
Chapter 6 - Whiskey Makes Everything better
Chapter 7 - A Make-believe Cupid?
Chapter 8 - Sion Saves the Day.
Chapter 9 - Experimenting is No Fun
Chapter 10 - Unique as a Gypsy
Chapter 11 - Slutty Clothing.
Chapter 12 - Sion's Strange Behavior
Chapter 13 - Unique's Wedding
Chapter 14 - Want to See My Tree House?
Chapter 15 - History Lessons.
Chapter 16 - The Next Step
Chapter 17 - Breakfast
Chapter 18 - Training
Chapter 19 - Wet dream
Chapter 20 - Sion's Proposal
Chapter 21 - A meeting with fear
Chapter 22 - Envy's First Attack
Chapter 23 - The circle of Gods
Chapter 24 - A Unique Creation
Chapter 25 - A Kidnapping
Chapter 26 - The Reason for Unique's Death
Chapter 27 - An Escape
Chapter 28 - The Final Death
Chapter 29 - A Happy Ending
Note From The Author

Chapter 2 - Meeting with the Spawn of Satan

7.2K 439 49
By MajaDiana

A/N Dedicated to Kirsty1000, because she calmed my nerves by telling me that so far, this is within the PG-13 Rating guidelines. Thank you Kirsty <3

Chapter 2 - Meeting with the spawn of Satan

Unique's body hurt. Her muscles ached, and her skin was sore. She stared up at the light blue sky. It was such a different sight from what she'd been used to back home. Her arm tensed in uncontrollable movements, and every jerk caused a groan to escape her lips.

Where had she landed? Why did everything appear so open and colorful? With much difficulty, she rolled over on her stomach. Beside her, Sion clutched his ribs. That served him right for messing with her powers.

"Holy moly," Sion said. "That hurt."

She glanced at him, and noticed the skin on his hands was burned badly but healing. Surveying her hands, she turned them around slowly. "Yeah, me too."

"Why did you have to do that?" he accused.

She jerked her head around to face him. "Excuse me?"

"You know it's true. You pushed me." He ran a hand through his dark hair. "Now we're both screwed."

"You messed with my powers," she screeched. Her eyes narrowed at him as he chuckled.

"Yeah, that was pretty funny," he said. He attempted to sit up, clutching his ribs until he succeeded. "God, that hurts."

"You shouldn't talk like that," she said. "They might hear you."

"They?" His eyebrows scrunched together.

"You know." She pointed to the sky. "The other Gods."

Sion stared at her for a moment before bursting out in laughter. Tears formed in his eyes as he held his ribs carefully. Unique rolled her eyes at him and surveyed the area. They'd landed on a large, green, grass covered field. The surrounding trees shadowed them in a gloomy manner, and she found the wooden benches distasteful.

"Where are we?" she asked.

Sion stopped laughing and leaned on his side, resting on his right arm. "We're on earth."

"I figured that much, I meant more specifically."

He shrugged. "How should I know? I'd never intended to fall through the fountain."

Unique had to bite her cheek to stop her from snapping back at him. Counting to ten inside her head, she tried again. "How do we get back?"

Sion's eyes darkened, and he looked away.

"What is it?"

He cleared his throat. "Well. We can't technically get back."

"What?" She pushed herself from the ground and stood up. "You're lying!"

"Why would I lie about something like that?" he asked. "Why would I lie about anything at all?"

She didn't have an answer. Instead, she pushed herself off the ground and started circling him. The grass tickled her bare feet, and when she looked down, she found that the dark green contrasted her white dress. She looked over at Sion, who was still lying on the ground. His white clothes were tainted by green spots, and to her horror, she realized that her own gown must look similar. The vanity panic overtook her briefly until she remembered matters that were more pressing. There had to be a way to get back home to Haims, her father would miss her, right?

"It's no use, by falling through the fountain we technically fell in disgrace with the Gods," Sion said.

"But we're Gods too, right? There's no place for us down here," she said and turned around to face him.

"There might not have been, but this is our place now." He stood up and dusted his pants. "It's what all the negative Gods had to do when they were banished from Haims."

"What are you talking about?"

He turned his head towards the sky, muttering something before his eyes returned to hers. "Do you even study our history at all?"

"I studied part of it," she muttered. Unique wasn't about to reveal how she had acted out by refusing to study when she couldn't explore her powers. Now, it seemed like such a silly decision. She couldn't even explain it properly. Her front teeth found her lip, and she gnawed at it while she tried to come up with a solution.

Humans were scattered around the area. Some were in small groups of friends while others were walking around as a family. The sight made her think of her own father. Would he even notice that she's gone? Unique wasn't certain, and the thought caused her heart to drop.

"Well, I'm not signing up to be your teacher. Besides, it's too late now anyway," he said. "We should just focus on getting the best of our stay here."

The last part was dragged out, and when Unique glanced at him, she saw him ogling on a pretty human girl who was yelling at a small device.

"Don't even think about it, Sion," she warned.

He snapped his attention back to her. "Think about what?"

"I'm afraid to dwell that deep into your mind," she answered and sighed. "There must be some way for us to catch the attention of the other Gods. Uncle Fatus wouldn't give us over this easy."

"Right." Sion took a step back. "Well, good luck with that."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, I'm just going to take a look around," he said with a shrug. His mouth formed a smirk, and he winked. "But if you need anything, anything at all - even sex. Then just shout, okay?"

Unique's mouth dropped open at his suggestion. Was he serious? She hoped not, but the glint in his eyes told her otherwise. She groaned as she saw him walk away. Fine. It wasn't as if she needed him anyway.

People were starting to send her curious glances as she stood in the middle of the grass alone. It was uncomfortable to be viewed that way, and she decided that she couldn't stay there.

She walked in the opposite direction of Sion, and tried to make a mental list over things she needed to fix.

Clothes were something she needed. Her white Goddess gown was dirty and tainted with grass spots and just knowing she bore it made her shameful. She walked in her own thoughts until a high noise shook her out of her current state of mind. A metal box was aiming straight for her, and she could see a human gesturing widely behind the wheel. She jumped back just to see another metallic box speeding towards her. Unique whelped, and hurried over to a place where other people were standing in safety. Her heart pumped fast, and she panted heavily as she supported her hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" an elder woman asked. "You need to be careful with those cars. I keep telling my kids that they're spawn of Satan himself."

Unique didn't know who Satan was, but if he had spawned those horrible machines, he should start to control his kids better.

"I am okay, yes," she answered. "I must not have seen Satan's spawns when I walked. I am sorry."

The woman chuckled. "Don't worry, child. We can all get a bit aloof sometimes."

Unique only knew that word because her aunt, Amora, kept saying that Uncle Fury was aloof to womanly needs, whatever that meant. She was a woman, and she didn't have specific needs. At least, she didn't think so.

She smiled to the woman and looked around. Her surroundings had changed a lot. Where there was green before, everything was now held in a dreary and cold grey. White stripes was painted on the ground with the darkest grey and she noticed that the spawns were moving in opposite directions on each side of the stripes. That was convenient for them because otherwise they would have collided, and she didn't think that would be a pretty sight.

"Are you lost, child?" the woman asked.

Unique looked at her; the wrinkles on the face were a new thing. Nobody in Haims had skin hanging down like that. Would she come to look like that too? The possibility wasn't pleasant to think of, it wasn't exactly pretty. She nodded in response to the woman. "Yes. I think I may have forgotten how to get home."

It wasn't a direct lie; she did appear to be lost down here. However, she didn't need to reveal that she didn't actually belong on this plane.

"Oh, dear. I'm sorry to hear that." The woman fiddled with a small bag. "Tell you what; I can have my son drive you to the police station. They might be able to help you get home."

Unique didn't know who the police were either, but it was better than anything she had to go on.

"If you follow me, I'll call him and ask for help," she said.

It was a risk, but Unique didn't feel any adverse vibrations from her. She contemplated taking a sneak peek into the woman's past, but something held her back. Her powers had caused her to be in this place - there was no reason why she would try to worsen her position by using her powers again.

The woman pointed ahead, and they began walking. The further they walked the smaller the black road became. The amount of people increased in numbers, and Unique found her surrounded by humans. It was hard to walk in between them, and every time a person bumped into her, a vision from their past resurfaced in her mind.

"It's right over here," the lady said.

Unique didn't respond, she was too busy trying to seal off her mind to the many memories. It wouldn't help if she were blinded by the visions.

A younger male bumped into her, and her head was filled with vivid pictures of his earlier dirty deed with the woman who was walking on the other side of him. Disgusting. It wasn't until the elder woman pulled her hand and dragged her out of the way that she could think and breathe again.

"Are you alright?" she asked. Her eyes scanned Unique's body. "Do you have a sort of social phobia?"

Unique just nodded. She wasn't sure what social phobia was, but if it meant being swamped by people who invaded her head - then yes, she had that.

The woman led her up a small set of stairs and unlocked a door.

"Annelka Smith," Unique read the small sign out loud.

The woman smiled at her. "That's my name, dear." She gestured for Unique, to step inside the small one-store house, and Unique looked around with curiosity. The narrow hallway led into a larger room.

"Just wait here, and I'll call Daniel."

Unique gave a nod and looked around. The flowery patterns were overwhelming. Furniture and the sorrounding walls all had different patterns of flowers in various faded colors. The sun shone in through the window, and Unique could see small specks of dust in the air. The existence of dust on Haims was sparesome and she reached out a hand, causing the dust bunnies to whirl. Fascinating.

"Alright. I've talked to my son, he'll pick you up in a moment," the woman said as she came in the room. In her hands, there was a bundle of clothes, and she handed them to Unique. "You can put on these, and then I'll wash your beautiful dress for you while we wait."

Unique surveyed the clothing. It seemed to be a tad too large, but it would do. Dressing down quickly, she handed her dress to Annelka before putting on the oversized shirt and the long skirt. It was odd to be dressed like this, but it wasn't unpleasant.

"Please take a seat, dear." She gestured to the furniture. "I'll put this over and get you some lemonade, alright?"

Unique eyed the soft chairs. She was certain that if she sat down in one of them, her body would most likely disappear. "No thanks, I prefer standing."

"Suit yourself, I'll be right back," Annelka said and patted her on the shoulder. The touch caused Unique to enter into the elder woman's mind.

She was walking on the pavement. Daniel hadn't called. Perhaps she should call him when she came home; he still needed to help with her curtains. Sounds of car horns and angry shouts reverberated around her. She didn't care; it was simply how the city was. Walking past the Helix Square was always this hectic around mid-day. She looked up.

Oh dear. She couldn't believe her own eyes. How distasteful. In front of her, a couple was in a passionate embrace, canoodling closely. She didn't want to peek at their intimate moment, and so she diverted her eyes. In the bushes, a silhouette caught her attention. It was a young man, hiding behind a couple of branches. Although, the green leaves did nothing to hide his shimmering white clothes. He was looking between the couple and another couple. Annelka looked at the other couple. They were equally as passionate as the canoodling couple was, yet their passion was something entirely different. A feminine palm slapped the man in a swift motion, and their voices rose in intensity.

All along, the mysterious young man was standing in the bushes, looking out at them. The mischievous smile that spread on his face didn't promise of good things. He was obviously enjoying the contrast between the couples far too much. With an audible sigh, Annelka turned her back to him.

"Youngsters these days..."

Unique snapped back to reality. Oh, no. She stared into the older woman's frightened eyes.

"Y-Your eyes..." Annelka struggled to form a sentence.

"What?"

"They were all white," the woman said. "It was as if you'd be possessed."

In a sense, the whole thing did have something to do with a sort of possession. It was just the other way around. She didn't have time to discuss it though. An inkling spread inside her. Sion must be using his powers to cause havoc all over the city.

The memory of the two passionate couples resurfaced. This wouldn't end well if she allowed him to roam around abusing his powers. Guilt washed over Unique.

"I-I'm sorry, Mrs. Smith," she said and turned away. "I have to go now, I recalled my way home. Thank you though."

She hurried out of the door. Out on the streets, she looked around, careful not to step out on the dark road with cars.

Humans suffered because of her selfish desires. She didn't care what Sion thought-he didn't bring pleasure at all. Her eyes welled with tears. She was so ashamed of herself, and she wished she could run back to her beautiful home in Haims, and just hide forever.

Nevertheless, it was time to put on her big girl pants. This was her fault, and she had to take responsibility for it.

It was easy enough to find him. There was a trail of passionate scenes leading the way. Why did humans wear so little clothes to begin with? The indecency of this was unbelievable. She cringed at the sight.

The sea of couples making out broke and she entered what seemed like a war zone. Glasses were broken, and faces were slapped. She had to find Sion. He must be somewhere near so he could watch this unfold.

Unique looked around the square she'd reached. She was standing in the middle of the two hordes of Passion's consequences. On one side, there was violence, on the other there was borderline nudity.

Her eyes found a dark head that seemed familiar. The male's face was firmly attached to a pretty brunette's lips, his hand traveling over her body. She stared at them until they finally broke apart to breathe. Her suspicion had been right-it was Sion. She narrowed her eyes. Had he honestly abused his powers to get laid? With a mind full of determination, she marched over there. She was going to give him a piece of her mind.

-

If you have time, it could be really awesome if you downloaded the book 'Psych Investigation Episodes' from amazon.com. It's free on kindle, and we all love free stories (especially since we're here on Wattpad) It's my boyfriend who wrote the book, and I personally like it (He also edited the first chapter of this story, so you know... He got skills) Pretty Please with cherries on top? Thank you. I'll put the link in external, otherwise, drop me a message and I'll PM it to you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 1.5K 43
In order to save the world from eternal night, Red must find a way to unlock the dormant power of the Sun Goddess running through her veins without k...
2K 126 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
22 0 31
The darkness of the past catches up to the present and looms over the future. The now-grown undead god meets someone from his past for the last time...
50.5K 2.2K 33
[ time travel x greek mythology retelling with a twist ] Celena has always been a lover of books. As any sane bibliophile does, she wishes to escape...