Just Friends

By AttGrace

Just friends... Is that all we are? Or will you give me a chance to be more than that? More

Prologue
March 2015
August 2015
September 2015
Unexpected answer?
Phone call
End September
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015

Mid September

9.1K 352 111
By AttGrace

Tomorrow baby like finally!

I can't wait!

Where are we going?

Tell me tell me!

Nah, you'll have to wait till tomorrow

Aww bummer.

Just a hint maybe?

No no no no no

Meanie

Glad you know

You're unbelievable, Jeon

Reason why you love me anyway

Whatever

Whatever

I hate you

I love you

TIME FOR DINNER, TAETAE!

Alright mum's calling. Gtg!

Wait!

Aren't you forgetting something?

I love you too.

That's my baby. Ttyl?

Alrighty sure bye!

-Call Ended-

After weeks, I finally agreed to go out on a date with Jeon. He scored enough points to bring me out on a date. I'll try not to let the past affect me too much. Instead, I'm going to go with the flow, be myself and have a blast tomorrow. Wonder where that little meanie would bring me though? I bet it's some haunted house or something, he has an odd fetish with the paranormal.

He once told me he don't mind dying after encountering a supernatural. As long as his bucket list is fulfilled. Yes he is insane in the mind at times. Need to screw it tighter to adjust it back to normal. So much for saying I've alien disease worse than Ebola. Well Jeon, you're such a maniac at times, you're qualified enough to stay in the asylum.

Hey, I love him alright? We are just different. We ain't the lovey dovey couple you'll see holding hands at the street with the woman resting her head on the man's shoulder. We are the opposite. We will act harsh, punching each other playfully and making fun of each other but deep down, we love each other dearly. We prefer it this way but once one of us starts doing something romantic, it's way beyond your imagination.

Mid last year, he wrote me a rap which surprisingly turned out well. For an introvert, he sure has a high level of creativity hidden behind that stern face of his. Jeon Jungkook; he's a wonderful guy. He's the sweetest when he truly loves someone but the meanest once all the feelings vanished. Yet that's understandable. To me at least. Despite his strong character, he went through rough times. Yes I know everyone does but he, he lost someone dear to him at a very young age.

His elder brother.

Not only is he a responsible brother. He was Jeon's guardian, the best protector he can ever ask for. Every now and then, he'll tell me how much he misses him. But his body is buried back home in Korea while Jeon is living in the states right now alongside his parents.

Right now, he's the only child left but thank goodness he has a close relationship with his mum. His dad? Well not really. They can't speak to each other. He hated his dad for once cheating on his mum. He thought to himself that his mum was way better off without him yet she accepts him in her life again.

And then some time last year, his grandmother passed away. Before she died, Jeon constantly visited her at a nursing home. He'll try his best to visit her every weekend. During their visits, they barely spoke a word. Yet he accompanied her because he knows his granny doesn't have much time left and he wants to spend her last days together even if it means simply looking at each other and smile.

When I asked him; hey how's your granny? How did it go? He'll reply; She's fine and all we did was stare at each other. Oh she told me my arms are too skinny and I should bulk up. And he did. He bought a dumbbell so he can frequently lift at home. He starts working out, staying healthy. He's still keeping fit as we speak.

Lastly, his dad was paralyzed. Again, that happened last year. His dad had a terrible slip while entering the bathroom. Jeon and his mum has to frequently go for doctor's appointment, checkups, therapy. The list goes on. Jeon's life was revolved in between school and family. That's all.

For a 19 year old, that isn't really the life you would wish for, true? You would want to hang out with your friends, shopping, having fun. But not for him. He'll spend his free time either playing basketball or sitting home playing games.

Now in 2015, his dad is doing better. After numerous sessions to the chiropractor, his lower spine is recovering even though he is wheelchair-bound for a year now. That little meanie did went through a lot last year from his granny's death to his dad being wheelchair-bound, it wasn't easy. The reason why it's hard for him to open up to people. In one way or another, besides the fact that he hurt me deeply in the past, I can never ever hold a grudge against him.

But he did once tell me: Tae, let me take care of you. I rarely feel this way towards someone. Trust me. Let me take care of you.

I was surprised when he said that. I thought he said it out of pity since I'm diagnosed with a lower spine problem known as spina bifida occulta. In its mildest stage so I felt grateful it isn't serious or anything. But no, he said he truly care for me. He can't remember the last time he felt this way towards anyone.

As mentioned above, his attention is only given to his family. You can't imagine how much he loves his mum. She's his everything. To me that's the sweetest character a guy can ever have.

You might wonder why am I telling you all these while having dinner? Well, let's just imagine I'm communicating with you through my alien radar.

Jeon Jungkook is a blessing. Enough said.

I went upstairs once dinner was settled and check my phone.

JJK: Hey baby! How was dinner?
JJK: Really looking forward for tomorrow!

I decided to ring him up because I'm a lazy texter at times. It's much easier talking on the phone.

Hey baby!

Hey honeybun! Dinner was awesome. Mum cooked lasagna today.

Deliver some to me!

Okay say aahhh

Ahh *bites and gulps* that's yummy!

Hahahaha you and your virtual imagination

Got that from you

Alien Taehyung hahahaha

So you're still not gonna tell me about tomorrow?

Nope. No can do

Waeeee?

It's a secret, baby

Hmph fine

So whatcha up to?

JUNGKOOK JUNGKOOK! COME DOWN QUICK!

Hold a sec, baby

I started to hear sobs from the other line. Is Mrs Jeon crying? Is everything okay?

OMG DAD!

I heard jungkook exclaimed loudly.

Kookie, kookie is everything okay?!

I, too, started to panic. All I heard next was a loud thud as if he slammed the phone to the ground.

Dad! Dad! Please no.

The sobbing and weeping got louder this time, coming from Jungkook as well. Speaking with a muffled, sad voice, he managed to resume our conversation instead of cutting off the line.

I'm sorry, baby. I can't see you for our date tomorrow

With that said, he ended the call.

An hour later, I received a text from him.

JJK: Tae.. My dad..
JJK: He's.. He's...
JJK: :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 1.8K 40
A boy with an unimaginable gift, That can give him so much....But can also take away everything, including his life. But after meeting someone specia...
120K 4.7K 34
Jeon Jungkook, my neighbour, my bestfriend. But would it be weird if we felt like more than that?
201K 10.9K 15
What kind of human are you?
9.8K 270 19
I think i'm in love.....but i'm straight right? Feelings, confusing..... Friend? Brother? Or even more.... Lovers?