Only One •Camren•

By imxgine5h

Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to lea... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

8

2.5K 74 7
By imxgine5h

Lauren slept alone that night.

Although they exchanged that moment after Camila's shower, she still wanted to sleep across the hall. Ally graciously gave up her bed for the night, she always wanted the best for everyone. The green eyed girl hated knowing that she broke Camila's trust, hell, the smaller girl didn't even want to sleep in the same apartment as her. What hurt the most about that night was that she felt like she was missing something, she hated the empty feeling of the bed. Lauren couldn't help her feelings, she missed Camila.

But why? Lauren has been trying for so long to just dismiss her feelings as nothing, just stupid moodswings. Although she hadn't been around the smaller girl for long, she couldn't deny it any longer.

Lauren had feelings for Camila.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Ally questions from the doorway.

"No I'm okay, thank you so much." Camila shifts uncomfortably under the covers. This just wasn't the same. As the door shuts behind the older girl Camila peers into the darkness. Why was she even over here?

Camila felt like a thousand pounds had just been lifted off of her chest, so why was she avoiding the girl she obviously wants to be close to? The information from earlier just needs to settle between the two, that's what Camila continuously tells herself as she drifts off to sleep.

Meanwhile out in the living room the three roommates gather for a quick family meeting. "Lauren is so infatuated," Dinah chuckles as she sips her hot chocolate.

Ally looks at her confused for a moment. "Are you sure she's not just trying to be a good person?"

Dinah busts out in laughter at this. "Lauren isn't you, she doesn't just take someone into her home out of the kindness of her heart, there's something there. I know that girl."

"Sounds like you want them to be something more than they want it," Normani rolls her eyes.

Dinah simply shrugs. "I want Lauren happy."

"Well if you think this ship is sailing, then why is Camila sleeping in my bed instead of Lauren's?" Ally ponders.

"It's getting harder and harder for them to hide their feelings, they're afraid," Normani jokes, Dinah on the other hand, takes it seriously.

"Then lets move Chancho back on over to Lauren's place then!" Ally quickly shushes the girl as she begins to get too riled up.

"Just go to bed Dinah, Jesus," Normani laughs.

It was impossible for Lauren to fall asleep that night, but eventually after constant tossing and turning she fell into the lightest slumber. Lauren was never much on sharing the bed with someone, but Camila made it feel right.

Lauren's light slumber is interrupted by a string of harsh knocks on her door. The green eyed girl throws her covers off and races for the door, worry instantly striking the girl. Who could it be at 2:00 in the morning?

Her fingers work quickly with the locks before yanking the door back, revealing her mystery guest.

Emerald instantly connects with a smaller figures fearful brown eyes with tears threatening to spill over.

"Camila?"

In an instant the younger girls figure collides with Lauren's, crushing the green eyed girl in a hug. The raven haired girl feels fingertips dig into her back as Camila's head nuzzles into the crook of her neck. One of Lauren's arms wraps around the girls neck while the other rubs circles on her back. "What happened?" Lauren breathes into the smaller girls ear.

Camila's grip tightens with the older girls question. "I was scared that you left," Camila gently whispers through muffled sobs.

"Left?" Lauren gently laughs. "This is my apartment, goofball." The green eyed girl's heart caught in her throat as she thought over Camila's words.

Camila pulls away from the embrace, looking up to connect gold with emerald. Lauren doesn't hesitate to wipe the stray tears from the smaller girls face. "Don't leave me." Camila's voice cracks at the end, causing Lauren to inhale a sharp breath.

"I won't." Lauren sternly responds before pulling the girl back into her chest. She didn't even need to think about it, she wouldn't leave Camila, the smaller girl needed her. Hell, Lauren might need Camila even more than she needed the green eyed girl.

Eventually Lauren pulled the smaller girl to the bedroom. As they relaxed against the mattress they both felt a sense of exhaustion wash over them, both girls could finally sleep with the comfort of the other one. Lauren noticed that Camila still tried to sleep as close to her as possible without actually touching, but she was too tired to dwell over that.

It was Sunday. Lauren couldn't help but feel stress over the oncoming week. How was it going to play out? Would Camila leave her again?

Camila's next question made Lauren's doubts evaporate.

As the smaller girl handed her a cup of coffee she cautiously questioned Lauren. "What am I going to do about my stuff?"

Lauren's head turned in the direction of the smaller girl. "What do you mean?"

"Not that I don't love wearing your clothes all the time but I can't walk into writing class in a band t-shirt and panties," She shyly giggles behind her coffee cup.

The green eyed girl lets a small laugh escape before scooting closer to her. "We can run by your old place and get your things, yeah?" Lauren quickly decides to try and fix her previous statement. "I mean if you want to, you're more than welcome here. Or I could take you wherever else you wanted to go, or I could buy you some new clothes or-"

"Lo," Camila quickly cuts off Lauren with a giggle. "We should run by later this afternoon, Daniel usually works Sundays. And then I can unpack here if that's okay?"

Lauren happily nods in response, a light blush tinting her cheeks. "Lo?" The green eyed girl mischievously peers over in question at Camila.

Camila looks down, a furious blush inhabiting her cheeks, "Sorry," She mumbles.

Lauren places a comforting hand on the girls knee. "I like it."

"I'm so nervous," Camila gently mumbles as they approach the run down apartment complex. "What if he's here?"

"That's why Dinah and Normani are tagging along," Lauren laughs as she wraps an arm around the smaller girl.

"We got your back," Mani states with a smirk.

Upon entering the messy apartment Lauren felt Camila tense under her arm. "Hey," Lauren whispers into her ear, gaining her attention. "I've got you." With Lauren's words Camila takes a confident breath.

"Place is empty," Dinah assures as the girls return from inspecting the place.

Camila takes charge, rushing into the kitchen and grabbing a handful of trash bags. "Why trash bags?" Lauren curiously asks.

"Easier and more disposable," Camila shrugs before rushing into the bathroom, grabbing any of her things and tossing them in one of the bags. This happens all throughout the apartment, Lauren watches Camila stuff pictures, clothes, and other random things into bags as her eyes scan the area. Empty liquor bottles were scattered all throughout the place, in fact, the place reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. Lauren shuddered at the thought of what Camila endured between these walls.

As Camila is bent over the dresser stuffing clothes into a bag, she admires how the girl looks in Lauren's t-shirt and a simple pair of leggings. Breathtaking.

Lauren couldn't stop herself from looking at the pile of broken glass in the corner. What had Camila went through with this asshole?

Normani soon runs through the doorway, interrupting Lauren's thoughts. "We've got trouble."

Camila stands, eyes connecting with Lauren's. "Let's go."

"Do you have everything?" Lauren questions.

"I have enough," Camila shrugs. "I would rather buy a whole new wardrobe than have to be in the same apartment as him for any longer."

Lauren shoots her a sympathetic grin before taking a bag in her hand.

"Wait." Camila stops Lauren before rushing over to the tiny closet. The smaller girls digs around in the bottom mess before pulling out a worn teddy bear. "Don't laugh, I love him." Camila mumbles as she stuffs the bear into her trash bag.

"I would never," Lauren states with a smile before leading Camila out to the living room.

"What the fuck are you doing in my apartment?" An angry man screams at Dinah.

"I would back the hell up if I were you," Dinah growls, watching Normani pick up one of Camila's bags. "Come on guys let's go." She motions toward her friends, beginning to walk towards the front door.

Daniel turns around to see who the Polynesian girl was talking to, instantly his icy blue eyes connect with Camila's.

"Camila?" He questions, taking a step closer. Camila instantly cowers behind Lauren. The green eyed girl instantly begins taking steps to the door, avoiding Daniel.

"Hey," He states more firmly. "Don't fucking ignore me."

Normani's gaze connects with Lauren's shooting her a warning. Lauren instantly whips around, shielding Camila. "Don't fucking touch her," Lauren growls, her jade eyes turning a shade darker.

Daniel retracts his hand, "Is this your new lesbian guard dog?" He questions Camila, his tone blunt.

At this Dinah comes stomping up, grabbing his shirt collar. "Listen here you piece of fucking-"

"Dinah!" Lauren calls out. "Let's get Camila out of here, he isn't worth it." Dinah makes vicious eye contact with the boy before letting him go. She motions for the other girls to get a head start out the door.

The girls hold the elevator for Dinah, once she's on and the doors begin to close Daniel rushes from his apartment, holding his nose. "This isn't fucking over, Camila!"

As the doors close Camila relaxes into Lauren's side, breathing out a sigh of relief. These girls protected her, they were family. "Did you punch him?" Normani curiously asks.

Dinah shrugs, a little smirk playing on her lips. "I might've." This causes a much needed fit of laughter between all of the girls.

Once on the street Camila can't stop the apologies flowing from her lips. Lauren simply pulls the girl into her side, continuing to carry her things.

"Thank you so much," Camila says a lot more quietly, only wanting Lauren to hear.

"I'm going to keep you safe, Camz."

Camila's eyes study the beautiful girl by her side. Lauren's lips turn up in a smirk as they soon near their apartment building.

"I like the nickname," Camila lightly giggles, making Lauren's heart flutter.

Lauren and Camila each take turns hugging Normani and Dinah. "Thank you so much for being there for Camila," She whispers in Normani's ear.

"No problem," The darker skinned girl pulled away, gently sitting Camila's bag down. "I know you won't admit it, but you needed us there too, we knew that." Normani shyly smiles before exiting the apartment, with Dinah following closely behind.

Before Dinah shuts the door she turns around to face Camila, "Welcome home, Chancho." She says with a light grin. 

Normani was right. She knew her friends could tell that Camila meant a lot to Lauren, and Lauren knew she couldn't be strong for the two of them upon entering a place with such bad memories in it for the smaller girl.

Camila shyly looks at the ground. "My life is just packed into three trash bags, it's so strange."

"Well let's get you unpacked, goofball."

Camila and Lauren spent the next few hours reorganizing Lauren's closet and dressers to make room for Camila's clothes. Although the smaller girl felt like a huge bother, she wasn't, Lauren happily moved her stuff around in the bathroom to give Camila an equal amount of counter space. Lauren said she could just shove her own stuff to the side, anything to make Camila feel secure in her new environment. Lauren made sure to put Camila's teddy bear on the younger girls side of the bed, the small gesture seems to make butterflies erupt in Camila's stomach.

As the girls toss the trash bags into the waste container in the kitchen, the girls make eye contact. Lauren quickly pulls the smaller girl into a tight embrace, wrapping her arms around her waist. "You don't have to deal with that prick anymore, okay? You're safe now." Lauren soothingly whispers into the girls ear, making Camila's heart beat out of control, she was almost sure Lauren could hear it.

"Thank you so much," Camila breathlessly responds to the older girl, nuzzling into the crook of the girls neck.

"For what?" Lauren chuckles.

Camila thinks over the question for a moment.

"For saving me."

__
(a/n): I've been getting so much positive feedback on this account and I'm loving it almost as much as I love you! Leave me any suggestions if you wish. All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 386 4
Camila reminisces about how her & Lauren got together in high school. P.s If u can't tell by previous descriptions I sucks at them lol This is conv...
1.3K 51 17
Camila Cabello a normal 16 year old in high school...well that's what she thought. Lauren Jauregui a new 17 year old student that recently moved to M...
240K 5.8K 14
*NEW COVER ART* A story about two best friends, searching for love as they spend their last summer together before they separate for college. Will th...
752K 12.5K 15
Lauren is the school's badass. She meets the biggest nerd ever at her crew's party.. Camila Cabello hides a secret that only her cousin Ally knows ab...