Obliviate my Destiny {Book 5}

By xXFleurRebelleXx

This is it, the start of the end, the answer to our questions.... The final book in the Obliviate series. The... More

Preface~Stars that are just satellites
1. It's time
2. Packing up
Quick Note
3. The nine Potters
4. Fallen Warrior
5. Conspiracy
6. What was left behind
7. The will's contents
8. Tear in my heart (I'm alive)
9. Return to Grimmauld Place
10. Lost relics
11. Remus, the coward
12. Undercover
13. Kings and queens of promise
14. No place like home
15. Masked
16. Cole's story
17. Fireproof
18. Support Harry Potter party
19. All yours; no control
20. Gotta get out
21. Azkaban Island
22. Ghosts
23. Broken dreams
24. Godric's Hollow
25. Snakes start to sing
26. the silver doe
27. The Lovegood house
28. A tale of three brothers
29. Malfoy Manor
30. Shell Cottage
What happens next?
31. Let's rob a bank
32. Final return
33. Silence before the storm
35. Rage against the dying light
36. The traitor, revealed
37. Lay me down
38. Clean
39. Resurrection
40. This is War
41. Victory
Epilouge~At last, I've seen the light
Final note from the author

34. The Battle of Hogwarts

5.3K 317 673
By xXFleurRebelleXx

The Great Hall was scattered in stars, many students huddled on the house tables, many in robes thrown over pyjamas. Every single eye was fixed on McGonagall, who was preaching to every scared and frightened face below her.

"...evacuation will be overseen by Mr. Filch and Madame Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word, you will organize your House and take your charges in orderly fashion to the evacuation point-"

Cole was trying to get Alia, Colin and Camille to leave, but they weren't having any of it, defiantly staring ahead.

"It'll take more than their brother to get them to leave," Gennie murmered into my ear. She looked deathly pale, her eyes flickering to her parents every few moments. "He'd have to handcuff them to a desk."

"No he bloody won't." Alia huffed, and I knew she was thinking about the time when Cole trapped her from following us to the Ministry two years ago.

As my eyes scanned around for Ron and Hermione, Hollie or even Draco, Ernie Macmillian shouted: "What if we want to stay to fight?"

Applause ran up from each end of the hall.

"If you are of age, you may stay." said Professor McGonagall.

"We're seventeen in December, you can't stop us!" Alia hollered, and many underage students followed her words with a cheer.

"What about our things?" called a girl at the Ravenclaw table. "Our trunks, our owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions." said Professor McGonagall. "The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Bloody hell, what about the cats?" Cole said, looking grief-stricken. "Can't we round them up or something, make them attack death eaters?"

"Where's Professor Snape?" shouted a girl from the Slytherin table.

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk." replied Professor McGonagall a great cheer lifting up through the crowd.

I began wandering around the hall with Camille at my side, while she asked people if they'd seen Hollie anywhere. Cameron had still not reappeared which was both a relief and a disappointment. People kept staring and whispering when they saw me approach.

"We have already placed protection around the castle," Professor McGonagall was saying, "but it is unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly---"

But her final words were drowned as a different voice echoed throughout the Hall. It was high and clear, and strikingly familiar.

"I know that you are preparing to fight." The voice hissed, and people started screaming. "You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I do not want to spill magical blood."

A heavy, pressing silence was over the hall now, a stifling, suffocating one that you wanted to get out of but couldn't.

"Give me Harry and Aurora Potter," said Voldemort's voice in a rasp, "and you shall not be harmed. Give me Harry and Aurora Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry and Aurora Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

The silence swallowed them all again. Every head turned, every eye in the place seemed to find me and my brother, who wasn't very far away from me. Then a figure rose from ten feet away from us-Pansy Parkinson.

"But she's there!" she shrieked. "And there's her brother-somebody, grab them!"

Before anybody could react, there was a flash of purple and brown, a shriek, and then Pansy was crumpling on the floor, clutching her bloody nose. Stunned, I watched as Camille straightened up, pushing her glasses up.

"Camille?" I spluttered. "You hit her?"

"You won't have them!" she declared, shaking out her fist at Pansy. "Ow-that hurt, you bitch!"

There was silence. "That's my sister!" Alia shouted proudly.

And then people were swarming around me and Harry, Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws-even a few Slytherins-a wall of colour, ready to defend us.

"Thank you, Miss Parkinson." said Professor McGonagall in a clipped voice. "You will leave the Hall first with Mr. Filch-if the rest of your house would follow you."

Soon, a sea of green was being marched from the hall, and Alia swore again. "Talk about generalisation-my friend Astoria doesn't even support them! I'm getting her back-we need more bodies."

And Alia dashed off, dragging Colin with her to gather any Slytherins possible of wanting to fight on the right side. McGonagall sent many Ravenclaws off-though many older ones stayed. Over half of Gryffindor stayed, and nearly every Hufflepuff stayed sitting.

As McGonagall tried to get more underaged students to leave, Kingsley stood up on the podium to speak.

"We've only got half-an-half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast. A battle plan has been agreed. Groups of fighters will be taken to the highest towers, while groups are on the ground as well. We'll need defence of the passageways as well-"

"Sounds like a job for us," Fred said, nodding to himself, Lee, Lacey and George. Kingsley nodded in approval.

"I'll try and find Hollie, okay?" I said to Lacey, and she nodded as she strapped her gun to her arm. A feel of unease went through me. "Lacey?"

She turned back to me. "Yeah?"

"Stay safe?"

She gave me a smirk. "Look at you getting sentimental. I'll be fine."

And then the four of them headed off in a hurry towards the defences. I re-joined Harry, when moments later McGonagall approached: "Aren't you both meant to be looking for something?"

"Crap, of course!" I felt stupid, how could I have forgotten the horcrux? "C'mon, Harry."

Taking his hand we got ourselves pushed into the tide of evacuating students, and soon ended up on a deserted corridor. Spinning around, pulling at my hair, my mind was fuzzy and blank. Too much was happening at once to have an idea of what to do.

"Right, what do we know?" I said loudly to Harry, who looked equally distressed.

"Voldemort thought we'd be in Ravenclaw tower tonight," Harry said slowly. "And Hollie isn't here as far as we know-he had to think we knew a horcrux was there."

"It can't be the diadem-how did Voldemort find an object that's been lost for hundreds of years? I mean c'mon, nobody in living memory has seen the thing...."

"THAT'S IT!" Harry cried, grabbing my shoulders. "We have to talk to a dead person!"

My mind whirred through all of the ghosts in Hogwarts, and remembered one Hollie had once mentioned.... "The grey lady! Helena Ravenclaw---she might know something!"

Grabbing onto Harry's hand again, we tore back the way we came trying to tunnel our way through the chaous bubbling in every corridor. Stressed prefects and Arthur and Nate were trying to keep track of students leaving, while people called desperately for friends and siblings.

My eyes scanned the crowded corridor-it was like playing a deadly game of Where's Wally-and then I caught sight of a grey woman, staring directly at me. When she saw me staring, she raised an eyebrow and floated through a wall.

"There!" I shrieked, and the two of us tore down the corridor, almost knocking kids over in the process. At the end of the corridor, a glimpse of her could be seen, still gliding away from us.

"Hey - wait - come back!" Harry cried.

She paused as we skidded in front of her, floating a few inches above the ground. She was beautiful in a proud, haughty way with her high cheekbones and dark curly hair.

"You're Helena Ravenclaw, the Grey Lady, aren't you?" I asked breathlessly.

"That is correct." She didn't sound very encouraging.

"Please, we need some help. I need to know anything you can tell me about the lost diadem." Harry said in a rush

A cold smile curved her lips. "I am afraid," she said, turning to leave, "that I cannot help you."

"WAIT!" Harry screamed his panic crashing all over the place. "We have to find it-we have to."

"Generations of students have badgered me -"

"We need to defeat Voldemort, okay? We need to find it!"

Her composure was slipping. "It - it is not a question of ---My mother's diadem -"

"Of course, you're Rowena's daughter..." I recalled from Hogwarts: A History.

I doubt that it would greatly increase you chances of defeating the wizard who calls himself Lord -"

"Please, you've just got to tell us anything you know about the diadem!" Harry cried again.

Helena hesitated, her empty cold eyes passing through us, as if in deep thought. I was ready to scream at her when she said, "I stole the diadem from my mother."

"You - you did what?"

"She stole the diadem, didn't you hear?" I snapped impatiently. "Why?"

"I sought to make myself cleverer, more important than my mother. I ran away with it."

"Then what happened?"

"When my mother fell ill, she sent a man I rejected to find me. As he loved me so, he didn't give up until he tracked me down. When I refused to return, the Baron stabbed me."

"The bloody baron?" Harry spluttered. "The Slytherin ghost?"

She nodded stiffly. "The diadem you seek was hidden in a hollow tree in Albania."

Harry and I exchanged a look of bewilderment. Albania.... Why did that sound familiar... Then it hit me like a blow to the chest.

"You told somebody this before.... A boy...." I trailed off and Helena nodded, her head bowed in shame.

So Voldemort had charmed the information out of Helena, and retrieved the diadem from the tree... but what had he done with it?

"-the night he asked for a job!" shouted Harry.

"What?"

"He hid the diadem in the castle, the night he asked Dumbledore to let him teach!" Harry cried, shaking my shoulders. "Rory, the diadem is in the school!"

"Bloody good, I wouldn't want to trek around Albania, thank you very much." I muttered, though my heart was racing at the possibility.

The two of us ran off again, leaving Helena behind. Checking Jenna's watch, it was almost midnight, the attacks would be happening soon.... But where would Voldemort put a Diadem where nobody would find it?

I stopped in my tracks, and swore out loud. "What?" Harry said. "Rory, what is it?"

"Where did you put your potions book last year?" I asked slowly. "After you hit me with the spell-where did you put it?"

"The room of requirement," we finished together, all the pieces fitting into place.

Bursts of light began to illuminate the window-it had already begun.

As we finally headed off, destination locked in, the first casualities were already found-two gargoyles were broken in half from a jinx that soared through a broken window.

We passed portrait after portrait, and the painted figures raced alongside us, screaming news from other parts of the castle. As we reached the end of the corridor, the hold castle shook and a vase blew off its plinth.

"Well the protection is ending!" I shouted to Harry, as we hurtled around another corner.

Fred, Alia and a knot of students were knelt beneath a concealed passageway, poking their wands through, ready for any intruders.

"Beautiful night for jinxes!" Alia called as we ran past them, "Fred, stop fussing, I'm fine!"

Along yet another corridor we ran, and then there were owls everywhere, and I caught sight of Cole trying to gather cats through a passageway, Gennie shooting jinxes expertly out of the window.

And then we skidded around a final corner and with Harry yelled-Ron and Hermione had finally been sighted, their arms full with dirty yellow objects.

"Where the hell have you been?" Harry shouted.

"Chamber of Secrets," said Ron.

"Of course, why didn't we check there?" I shouted sarcastically.

"It was Ron, all Ron's idea!" said Hermione breathlessly. "There we were, after we left, and I said to Ron, even if we find the other one, how are we going to get rid of it? And then he thought of the basilisk!"

"But how did you get in?" I was stunned in shock as Ron made a hissing strangling sound that sounded like he was choking.

"I heard Harry say that to open the locket, so I did it." Ron shrugged like it was nothing, but he was grinning.

"He was amazing!" said Hermione. "Amazing!"

"So.... Wait, what's happening?" I was struggling to catch up with all of this.

"So we're another Horcrux down," said Ron, and from under his jacket he pulled the mangled remains of Hufflepuff's cup. "Hermione stabbed it."

"Genius!" yelled Harry.

"It was nothing," said Ron, though he looked delighted with himself. "So what's new with you two?"

I went to open my mouth when an explosion came from above, and looking up dust was falling through cracks in the ceiling. A scream was heard from above.

"We know where the horcrux is-come on, quickly. It's in the school!"

As the walls began to tremble, we ran through the concealed entrance into the room of requirement. It was empty apart from Ginny, Tonks and Neville's Grandmother.

"Is everyone okay?" said Ginny and Tonks together.

"'S far as we know," said Harry. "Are there still people in the passage to the Hog's Head?"

"I was the last to come through," said Mrs. Longbottom. "I sealed it, I think it unwise to leave it open. Have you seen my grandson?"

"He's fighting," I said. "I think he's with Professor Sprout."

"Naturally," said the old lady proudly. "Excuse me, I must go and assist him." With surprising speed she trotted off toward the stone steps.

I caught Tonks' eye. "I thought you were with Teddy and Maia at your mother's?"

"I needed to know-" Tonks looked in pain. "She'll look after them. Have you seen Remus and Gennie?"

"He was planning to lead a group of fighters into the grounds, and Gennie's with Cole -"

Without another word, Tonks sped off.

"Ginny," said Harry, "I'm sorry, but we need you to leave too. Just for a bit."

Ginny looked delighted "And then you can come back in!" he shouted after her.

"And then you and Harry make out!" I shouted and Harry unsurpringly turned red even with all the panic and stress.

"Hang on a moment!" said Ron sharply. "We've forgotten someone!"

"Who?" asked Hermione.

"The house-elves, they'll all be down in the kitchen, won't they?"

"You mean we ought to get them fighting?" asked Harry.

"No," said Ron seriously, "I mean we should tell them to get out. We don't want anymore Dobbies, do we? We can't order them to die for us -"

The baslisk fangs cascaded from Hermione's arms, and she rushed at Ron, throwing her arms around his neck and kissing him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and held her so tightly she was lifted off her feet.

"At last!" I cried, squealing that finally this was happening. "It only took you seven years!"

"This is the moment," Harry said dryly as we stared at our best friends. Nothing happened apart from Ron and Hermione swaying as they carried on kissing. "Oi! There's a war going on here!"

Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other.

"It's now or never, I guess." Ron shrugged.

"Amazing," I said. "I can die happy now."

"Don't say that," Harry snapped. "And you two-hold it in for now! Let's get the diadem!"

"Yeah - right - sorry -" said Ron, and he and Hermione set about gathering up fangs, both pink in the face.

Going back into the corridor to change the purpose of the room, it was clear the situation was much worse. The entire castle was shaking, dust was falling over the corridor like a blanket and red and green light could be seen glistening through the windows.

"Yes, you got that one!" I heard a voice shriek in delight, and turning I saw Gennie, Tonks and Ginny stood in a windowpane shooting spells into the darkened courtyard. Gennie caught sight of us. "What are you doing?"

"Finding the diadem!" I called back as Gennie pulled Ginny down so she wouldn't be hit by a paralysing jinx sent through the window. "Where's Cole?"

"With Alia and Colin, trying to find Cameron!" Gennie shouted. "Dora-there's my dad, he's with Dolohov!"

Tonks ran off into the dust, and Gennie shouted after her stepmother. "Dora-don't, he'll be fine-"grabbing Ginny's hand, the two girls headed off after Tonks, Gennie shouting a "Good luck" in our direction.

"Just keep out of the way, keep safe - come on!" Harry called to Ginny, and the four of us ran down another corridor to find the original entrance so we could change the purpose.

Harry began running back and forth the blank wall, and on his third try the door materialised. The fury of the battle melted away as we shut the door behind us-all was silent.

The room was now the size of a cathedral, objects piled as high as skyscrapers, long left behind by long-gone students.

"And he never realized anyone could get in?" said Ron, his voice echoing in the silence.

"I bet he was arrogant enough to think only he knew about it." I said, peering down one long column of objects. "Let's split up and try to find it...."

We separated off down four aisles, wands held high. Hearing the others footsteps was a small comfort as I peered through towers of junk-bottles, hats, chairs, books, broomsticks, wands...

"Somebody up there, help me out." I muttered. "Sam wherever the hell you are-in that grave or around here somewhere, help me out for once."

A deep shiver went through me until my body trembled-there it was, up ahead. Running the last few feet, I could see the tiara balanced on-top of a bust of a goblin.

Stretching out my hand and going on my tip-toes, I was so close...

"Stop right there, bitch." A voice spat, and spinning around I saw Crabbe and Goyle their wands pointed threateningly towards me.

"Hey did you-oh." Draco had appeared, and his mouth dropped open in shock. "Rory?"

"Aw, Draco, it's your old bitch." Crabbe sneered. "How does that make you feel?"

"Stop interrogating him." I snapped, though I could see Draco had lowered his wand. "Why aren't you lot with your master?"

"We're gonna be rewarded," said Crabbe, his voice soft like a child promised sweets.

"Brilliant, good for you," I said slowly edging backwards to the horcrux. "I'm so proud of you Vincent."

Maybe I could reach out behind me and grab it.... I just needed to distract them....

"Rory, just give up whatever you're doing, it'll be easier for everyone." Draco said, his voice a strangled whisper. "Please-don't get killed."

"Draco, I have to-"

"Aw, little Draco getting cute," Goyle cooed. "His little girlfriend turns up looking for a die-dum! What's a die-dum?"

"Rory?" Ron called, his voice echoing. "Are you talking to someone?"

Before I could react, Crabbe whipped his wand out and screamed, "Descendo!" at the fifty foot pile of books and junk.

The wall wobbled and began to crumple into other towers where my friends were searching. "Hermione!" I screamed as through the maze of junk she screamed, objects tumbling and crumbling around us.

"Stop it!" Draco screamed, using a spell to stablise the stacks. "Just stop, Vincent!"

"Stop being so wet, the dark lord wants her dead!" Crabbe sneered.

"NO!" Draco shouted, shoving Crabbe in the chest. "DON'T!"

This distraction was all I needed, I lunged backwards and seized the tiara just at Goyle caught my eye: "Cruc-"

"Stupefy!" Harry had appeared behind the three boys, and Goyle crumpled to the floor.

"The other Potter!" Crabbe cried. "Two for one, maybe you'll be forgiven Draco!"

My eyes caught Draco's and for a split second they met. Then he said slowly, "Maybe I don't want to be forgiven."

"What?" Crabbe said, stunned just long enough for Draco to rush forward and grab my hand.

"Run!" Draco cried, and then he was dragging me from the half-collapsed corridor, seizing Harry's arm. "You too, Potter-can't have one without the other!"

"What is going on?!" Harry shouted.

"I'm bloody on your side, that's what's happening!" Draco shouted, tightening his grip on my hand and squeezing it.

"Avada Kedavra!" Crabbe had appeared behind us with a staggering Goyle. The green soared past our heads, almost hitting Hermione, who appeared hand-in-hand with Ron. "Malfoy you traitor!"

"Descendo!" Draco screamed, and several rows fell down, completely blocking Crabbe and Goyle from view in a cluttered barrier. He turned to me with bright eyes. "They'll take a while to get out of that."

Staring at him in disbelief, I grabbed his tie and pulled him forward, kissing him forecefully. "I love you, Draco Malfoy."

"I'd love you as well if you'd bloody tell us why you've changed sides." Ron snapped.

Draco shrugged, though he squeezed my hand again. "It's been happening for a while-when they said they'd kill Rory, I snapped. Now or never, right?"

"Brilliant, everybody's friends-can we get out of here?" Hermione said, just as a roaring burning smell came from behind.

The tower of junk glowed with an ethereal glow. "Like it hot, scum?" Crabbe screamed.

Through gaps in the clutter, we could see the two of them struggling to control flames that were licking out of Crabbe's wand-but this was no ordinary fire, it turned anything it touched into soot.

"No!" Draco cried as Harry and Ron began shooting water at the flames which were teasing the junk Draco had shot down. "It'll evaporate-its fiendfyre!"

"RUN!" Harry screamed, and so we did that.

I wasn't sure what fiendfyre was-but it was like a trained assassin intent on murder. Every time I glanced behind us as we turned a corner it turned into packs of fiery beasts-dragons, serpents, lions-and debrie from the past of Hogwarts was churning up dust on every side of us.

"We're trapped!" I screamed as we stopped dead in our tracks, the fire beginning to box us in slowly, a fiery painful death.

"Here!"

Harry seized three broomsticks from the ground, throwing them to us. Draco leapt onto one, pulling me on behind him, Ron doing the same with Hermione. Draco kicked hard off the ground and we were soaring, narrowly missing a fiery hawk that snapped its jaws.

Below us the cursed fire was consuming the contraband, and still holding onto Draco tightly with one arm, I put the diadem into my zipped pocket, not wanting to lose this at the final hurdle.

"Where are my friends?" Draco shouted over the roar of the fire, and looking down I couldn't see anything but fire. I hadn't liked Draco's friends, but I didn't want him to lose them.

And then I heard a pitiful human scream from below, in the midst of the smoke and commotion below. "We have to go back!" I shouted.

"It's - too - dangerous - !" Ron yelled, but kicking at the broom as indication, Draco turned the broom around, looking for his friends.

"There's Greg!" Draco screamed, and following his pointing hand I saw Goyle, trying to scramble against the walls of contraband, screaming for help. "Potter, help!"

And through the smoke I saw Harry swoop down without hesitation towards Goyle, reaching his arm out. "MALFOY IF WE DIE FOR HIM, I'LL KILL YOU!" Ron roared over the flames.

And then through the flames and dust and blinding heat I saw Harry pull Goyle onto his broom, and they were steadily rising again.

"THE DOOR, THE DOOR, DRACO!" I screamed in his ear, and our party of broomsticks picked up speed, crashing through the plumes of black smoke and my lungs were screaming and I couldn't see anything-

The tiara was burning in my pocket, and I could see the light, but the flames and darkness were catching up and I was holding Draco so tightly it hurt, my leg was burning with fire-we collided with light and concrete, and I rolled until my head hit the wall.

Staring up at the ceiling with tight lungs I rolled over, coughing violently, through fuzzy eyes seeing Draco retching onto the floor feet away.

The door to the Room of Requirement had vanished, and Harry, Ron and Hermione sat panting on the floor beside Goyle, who was breathing heavily but seemed okay.

"C-Crabbe," choked Draco as soon as he could speak, his sooty face covered in tears. "C-Crabbe . . ."

"He's dead," said Ron harshly.

"Shut up Ron," I snapped, and I reached for Draco's hand. "I'm so sorry, Draco,"

There was silence, apart from panting and coughing. Then a number of huge bangs shook the castle, and a great army of transparent figures galloped past on horses, their heads screaming with bloodlust under their arms.

"Did you get it?" Harry said once the ghosts past.

"Get what?"

"The bloody thing we almost died for!" Ron said. "The diadem!"

I pulled it out of my pocket, only to see it was blackened, the gems fallen out of it, a tar like goo falling through it. Frowning, I pulled it away, only to feel a loud violent vibration and it fall apart. For a moment, I could hear a distant scream....

"But how-"

"Fiendfyre!" Hermione exclaimed. "Like Malfoy said-it destroys horcruxes. I wouldn't have used it, it's too dangerous-"

"If he hadn't tried to kill us all, I'd be quite sorry he was dead." Ron said.

"But don't you realize?" whispered Hermione. "This means, if we can just get the snake -"

"What can I do to help?" Draco said bluntly. "I need to do something-try and f-forget about Vincent,"

I grasped Draco's shoulders. "You've already done enough-go find your parents."

"No, Aurora, please." Draco whispered, grasping my face. In that moment, the battle faded away, and it was just us. "Let me prove myself."

"Find my little sister, find Hollie." I whispered. "I need to see she's okay."

And Draco leaned in and kissed me again. When we pulled away, he kissed me quickly again. "I love you, Aurora Potter."

And then he scrambled off with his wand held high, jinxing three death eaters who'd appeared at the end of the corridor. "God, I love him." I murmered.

"Okay, you have my blessing." Harry said, staring after Draco as if he'd never seen him before. "I-"

He broke off as screams, light and unmistakeable sounds of duels-and gun fine?-came from the other end of the corridor. Rushing down, we could see Fred, Percy and Lacey fighting against masked figures.

Lacey was shooting round after round, but the death eater kept ducking and shooting spells that were narrowly missing her. Then a hood fell back-revealing Hollie, found at last.

"Stop it, stop it, Hollie!" Lacey was screaming. "Don't make me shoot!"

Hollie's eyes were glazed over, her face blank. "I must follow my mission, I must follow my mission-"

"Hollie, snap out of it, kid!" Fred was shouting back. "You don't know what you're doing-you're my second sister, remember?"

"I must follow my mission, I must follow my mission-"

Staring on in fear and disbelief we watched the duel with bated breath, Percy shooting a spell at the second hooded figure-"Minister, did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking, Perce!" shouted Fred as his death eater collapsed. "I haven't heard you since you were-"

But then the air exploded, and everybody in the surrounding area was blown apart, when the danger seemed to be subsided, my sisters both found alive. And then I was flying, my little sister's wand, a mere wooden stick gripped so tightly my hand felt like it was breaking, my only protection in the whole world....

I could hear screaming and yells, not knowing what was happening.... There was a crunch, and I felt pain radiate up my body as through dust-lidded eyes I was half-buried under the collapsed corridor.

Scrambling to my feet, swaying I could see Lacey feet away from me, clutching her shoulder. "Lacey!" I cried, falling to my feet next to her.

"I'm fine-I'm fine-gun back fired--" she said through gritted teeth, though her shoulder and right side were soaked in blood. "The others, the others-"

"NO! NO! FRED! NO!" the most terrible, pitiful inhuman scream was coming from the wreckage.

Fear stirring inside me, Lacey and I leapt to our feet to see Harry, Ron, Percy and Hermione rushing over two figures on the ground.

Hollie was lying across Fred, clutching him like an anchor with a bloody face and hands, sobbing and screaming as Fred's eyes stared, his final laugh still written across his face forever frozen in time.

-------------------------------

A/N .................................I'm sorry.

I don't know what to say because Fred was one of my faves and..... Everybody comment happy things happening in your fandoms/life to cheer us all up. Mine is that I sort of have a boyfriend now and he's very sweet (and likes Harry Potter hell yeah)

Okayyyyy I'll be updating sometime soon in the future when I'm not overly stressed with school... Seven chapters left.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 10.6K 32
{Book Four in the Obliviated Series} Who would have thought it'd end up like this? Not Rory. Having her heart smashed apart by the only person she tr...
52.4K 2.6K 38
❛❛Blue eyes, dark hair. Tall frame and a poisonous tongue. I'd recognize those features anywhere.❜❜ After The Dark War, Zoya Caldwell cou...
2.1M 63.9K 22
[ 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 ] ❛𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡.❜ They planned it perfectly, right down to the last drop of bl...
271K 2.9K 79
Did you watch Bridgerton and wonder which brother you would choose? Well now is your chance! Play this "choose your own adventure" Bridgerton book an...