Sometimes in Winter... {A Pal...

By pk-nessquik

Ash and Gary have been brought up as vicious rivals since they were kids, and that would never change, even w... More

Which Claimer? DIS-Claimer! Ha ha...
Prologue: Ash's Dream
Chapter I: The Boy Dressed in Purple
Chapter II: Gary's Dilemma
Chapter III: Departure Day
Chapter IV: Settled-In for the Night?
Chapter V: The First Day
Chapter VI: The First Day (Pt 2)
Chapter VII: Confessions
Chapter VIII: Wasting Time

Chapter IX: Break out the Cotton Candy, it's about to get FLUFFY!

2.3K 98 89
By pk-nessquik

"Here we goooo!" Ash yelled from the floor.

"Hahaaaa!" Gary called back, though he was right next to him. "You gon' get it, World 7 castle!"

The boys had been playing for almost seven hours that day, and taken quite generously long lunch and dinner breaks. There had been a draft leaking through a small hole in the corner of a window, so the two had been sharing the singular blanket from the bed.

"Woooo hoooo!" Ash drunkenly twirled a hand when they beat the level.

"Somebody's had a few too many Mountain Dews." Gary giggled and looked at the boy with crosses eyes.

"M-M-M-M-Maybe that's true. A'ight? Yeah. I like....... mmmm.... Puppies.." Ash popped his P's in the word "Puppies".

Ash leaned over and layed across Oak's lap, making him blush a little.

"Ash," he rubbed his hair, his hat already elsewhere, probably thrown out of anger from the video game. "... you need to go to bed. It's almost seven or eight thirty."

"Gary."

"What?" He rubbed the black hairs on the back of the boy's neck.

"... My last.... dying.... urgh.... wish.... best the game, Gary, avenge me..! I love you....."

And with that, Ash drifted off to sleep using a fake movie scene to help him. Gary giggled and leaned down, touching his lips ever so gently against Ash's. "I'll avenge you, don't worry... I love you too..."

The ravenette stayer curled against the purple shirted boy, stretched across his lap in such a cuddly way. Gary had no trouble cruising through World 8, since he had some intensive practice with games like this as a kid. They were always his favorite. Just like this time of year.

And his favorite person, snuggled up against his favorite jeans, under his favorite blanket...

Gary thought to himself as he perused through the castle. Wow, even if he was on a sort of a sugar high, he still said he loved me. Was that true? Is it really from his heart, or was it just the sugar speaking...?

"So long-ay, Bowser!" Ash whispered from the floor once Gary had beaten the game.

"Hey, you're not sleeping, are you?" Gary whispered into the messy haired boy's ear.

He didn't open his eyes, but giggled and shook his head. It was obvious he was on the brink of falling asleep.

The boy rolled over a little a curled up into Gary's side. Gary reddened a little more a took his phone out of his pocket to take a picture for Ash to see later. He realized he couldn't get up to turn off the TV, so he had yo throw random objects at the thing until he hit the power button.

He sighed in relief once the TV fizzled off, and snuggled further under the blanket with Ash.

"Gary..." He whispered, under his breath. The boy wasn't exactly conscious, but apparently still talked through his sleep.

"Ash.." Gary said back, smiling at the sound of Ash saying his name.

He reached around Ash's waist and pulled him closer. "This was fun. Let's hang out again, Ash..." He muttered, kissing his forehead and drifring off with his partner.

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

A long, tired yawn filled the morning air.

"Morning..." Ash muttered, rubbing his eyes.

Gary was still asleep.

The blue jacketed boy jumped when he realized how they were sleeping.

"Should I wake him up? Or will that be too awkward? What do I do?!" He whispered to himself.

The Pokémon researcher yawned and shifted in his comfort, moving Ash a bit with him.

"I'll make you some coffee. You love coffee." He giggled, gently Gary's forehead.

Ash tried to get up, but something restricted him back down into Gary's chest.

"'Morning." Said the muffled voice that held him down.

Ash nuzzled into Gary's sweatered chest. "Let me gooo, I wanna make you some coffee..."

Gary giggled and looked at the boy, and then their eyes locked on each other's. He moved the ravenette's hair out of the way and softly kissed his forehead, then held him in his arms for a little while.

Up until this point, Ash just kind of went with whatever happened, but now he wasn't so sure if he actually should be taking things seriously. He was starting to think he actually liked Gary, and couldn't tell if it felt wrong, or if he enjoyed it.

Well, I do really like this warm and fuzzy feeling...

Gary sat up, still holding Ash but on his lap. The little boy snaked his arms around Gary's neck, playing with loose strands of his hair. The brunette embraced him back, resting his chin on Ash's shoulder.

Before anything else, Ash was unexpectedly lifted off the ground when Gary stood up. "Ah- Hey! Put me down!" The kid screamed and wiggled around.

Gary giggled and set him down at the breakfast table, kissing him behind the ear in the process.

"Why do you keep doing that? Kissing me n' stuff?" Ash asked, honestly wondering.

"Because... I love you Ash." He said, ruffling up the ravenette's hair a little. Gary blushed and looked the other way. It felt weird, being that it was the first time Gary had said those words to anyone's face before.

"Well... Gary... I... Uh..."

Oh shit, he's gonna reject me...

"I... I think... This is the first time I've actually felt anything for anyone else, y'know? People always pressuring me to date Misty, or Serena, or Dawn... Maybe it's always been 'cause I don't like girls, I like you."

Gary's face turned a dark scarlet. He had never heard Ash say anything so serious or forward spoken before, and it hit him by surprise, to be honest.

"A-Ash, I didn't know that you-"

"-That I felt this way for you? That everything was mutual?" He wrapped his stringy arms around Gary's neck, whispering into his ear. "Well, there you go, I guess." He giggled.

The researcher held him back, holding his waist with one hand and brushing black hairs out of his counterpart's face with the other. Ash felt something of a soft pair of pink lips touch his forehead, and he filled with what felt like a billion Butterfrees in his belly.

Gary moved down to the boy's lips, and licked the bottom lick with his tongue. Ash confusedly opened his mouth to speak, which was the taller boy's chance to gain access into his mouth.

"G-Gary?" Ash gasped, slightly out of nowhere. "I... I love you too."

Yo! It's the author here. I figured I would write this book and THEN publish it bc I always hate when I read a story and then it leaves you hanging. ;-; so I actually do want to continue this, but let me know if you want it to keep going, too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.2K 45
【Pokémon Wattys 2019 Winner】 <Heavily edited since October 2019> Ash's Pikachu somehow ends up involved in a huge misunderstanding after he momentari...
457K 11.2K 24
Steve Rogers x reader x Bucky Barnes
326 13 6
Most of the times, the journey is so beautiful that the destination ceases to hold any value. And with this tide of time and roll of destiny, time...
110K 831 16
Ash has been betrayed by his male friends and family. 10 years later, a Pokemon Master Tournament will be head in Kanto as Ash along with his girls a...