Finding Mr Right ✔️

By chimyxoxo

"Here." He places the ball in my hands. "Let's try a different approach." He stands right behind me as my hea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Author's Note

Chapter 2

310 12 1
By chimyxoxo

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock by 7am before going to work by 9am. Let's just say if I'm left on my own, i might wake up by 9am or even 10am. I don't have to worry about Mia because she's an early bird.

"Dianna honey, wake up. You have to get ready for work" mum yells at the other side of the door.

"I'm up mum. Thanks by the way"

"No problem. Be quick"

"Ok mum" i get into the bathroom, taking a shower before coming back out and wearing blue skinny jeans, a pink collar t-shirt, pink flats and a small blue carry over bag. I check the alarm clock which reads 7:50 am. How fast does time fly.

*****

"Remember be nice" mum keeps telling me.

"Got it mum" I walk to the door.

"Put on a lovely smile"

"Ok mum" I open the door and head outside.

"You could find your one and only" she yells

"Mum, what does that have to do with anything?" I yell halfway, turning back.

"Just saying" she smiles.

"Bye mum" I stress, walking faster.

Could these people quit?

The restaurant isn't really far; a 15 minute walk and the time being 8:15, I think time's on my side.

I walk through the doors, causing a bell to ring.

"There's my employee. Punctuality check, although your friend beat you to it" the man from yesterday greets. I think I really need to know his name.

"Hiiiii" Mia yells in my ear making me shriek.

"Mia" i yell hitting her arm while she laughs

"Late much?" She asks

"What? It's 8:30 I'm not late"

"You are to me"

"I'm not"

"Are to"

"I'm..." I'm cut off by probably our boss, clearing his throat.

"Sorry" we both mumble.

"No problem. Let me show you around so you can settle."

*****

"... And this is the kitchen where the food is made. You should know that by now. It would have been where you work but you chose to be the cashier." he refers to Mia.

"Ok, so do we wear aprons or something?" i ask.

Please say no, please say no...

"Of course, thank you for reminding me." He replies enthusiastically

Shoot

He goes to what I suppose is his office and comes out handing us blue aprons which have 'hot and tasty' written on them in white cursive writing. "There you go and also these." He hands us badges which have 'trainee' on them.

"So what do we do now Mr..." I leave it hanging hoping he would tell us his  name

"Simeon. Mr Simeon, you could go mingle with the rest or look around but once it's 9 and you see a costumer, get to work immediately" he warns with a serious voice while leaving.

"Good going Mel"

"What did I do?" i ask confused

"Reminding him about this" she raises the apron

"Yeah, i know. Sorry about that- but look on the bright side. We're in it together" i doubt this is a bright side to her it since it isn't that much to me but one has to try right?

"i guess" she starts walking towards the kitchen

"Where are you going"

"To mingle?" She questions in a duh tone "You coming?"

"Sure" there aren't much people around but it wouldn't hurt to know them.

"Hello, you two must be the new employees" a man probably in his early forties, greets

"Hi and yes, we're just looking around" Mia replies

"I'm Benson, the head chef" he introduces

"I'm Dianna" i introduce with a smile

"And I'm Mia" she introduces too

"Nice to meet you two. I better start preparing the dishes so Simeon doesn't get angry" he continues his work.

*****

It's 8:55 and we're still mingling because a few more people came in "Mia please I'm tired of meeting people"

"You could stay in the staff room till 9. I prefer going around"

"Thank you"
I prefer staying at a corner. I'm not the meet and greet type although I don't exactly know the staff room.

"Looking for something?" A male voice interrupts me.

I turn around to find a guy probably twenty something. I'm guessing twenty five with black hair, blue eyes, who was tall, well built and also good looking

"Actually, somewhere: the staff room"

"Why don't I show you? Right this way" he smiles.

"Thanks" i return a smile and follow him.

*****

"So you're a waitress?"

"Yeah i just started working here. I'm Dianna"

"Lovely meeting you;
I'm Thomas" he shakes my outstretched arm "I'm a waiter"

"Cool" we stand looking at each other or the floor awkwardly

"Mel" someone whispers in my ear- I'm guessing it's Mia "who's you're new friend?" she continues

"Um Mia, this is Thomas and Thomas, Mia"

"Hi I'm Mel's best friend or as you know her, Dianna. I'm the new cashier"

"Nice to meet you. I'm a waiter."

I check my watch which reads 9 am and the words Mr Simeon said replays in my head, 'once it's 9 and you see a costumer get to work immediately'. "Guys, I think it's time."

"Oh yeah" Thomas checks his watch and leaves .

I drop my bag putting on my apron before looking at Mia who is grinning at me "Mia are you okay?"

"Why would you ask that?" She asks, still grinning

"Because you're smiling so hard your face might tear up."

"Oh." She adjusts her face back to normal.

"What are you thinking of?" I'm getting suspicious.

"Nothing." She stresses, smiling while putting on her apron. "Let's get to work before we give a bad first impression." She exits the room.

What is going on?

I shrug it off hooking my badge on the apron. Now let's get down to business.

*****

"Wow." I enter the staff room collapsing on one of the chairs.

"I agree." I thought Mia was the one walking after me but apparently, it's Thomas "So how was your first day here?"

"Exhausting. I mean I didn't think this place was that popular with a name... Um, never mind." He chuckles.

"You can say- it you're not the first. The name is out of place."

"Yeah, a lot out of place." He starts laughing and I join him.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting anything." Mia's voice boom in the room with that same grin on her face.

"You're not." Thomas and I say at the same time.

I remove the apron, carrying my bag "I'll be going." I tell Thomas.

"Sure, see you tomorrow." He gives me his signature smile and I return one while following Mia.

Well, great first day.

I like the name Thomas and not just because it's someone's name on violetta😂😁.
Up there is a picture of Thomas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8M 466K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
16.2K 436 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
273K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
1.3M 42K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...